PDA

View Full Version : Why do people eat so many carbs when bulking?

OscarLip
08-14-2002, 08:57 PM
Probably a stupid question by why do people eat so many carbs on bulking phases?

Also why do people also eat alot of carbs when bulking and ondays their not lifting?

Would it be stupid to eat less carbs on non lifting days?

Manveet
08-14-2002, 09:15 PM
I dunno man, I think it's damn hard to get enough calories in your bulking diet just eating protein all day. You need to consume suitablr calories from all of the macronutrients.

LAM
08-14-2002, 09:20 PM
in order to keep your body in a constant anabolic state insulin must be present in the bloodstream. complex carbs are digested slowly so insulin is present during the entire period of digestion. insulin also opens up receptor sites in muscle tissue that amino acids will attach to. this is one of the primary steps in the process of muscle building...

Puttn
08-15-2002, 06:22 AM
eat most your carbs in the morning and slowley decrease throughout the day make most your carbs after your workout and other than that you can keep them fairly low i wouldnt go below 230g of carbs tho

galileo
08-15-2002, 06:42 AM
If you're trying to bulk there is no reason to decrease your carbs throughout the day. During a cut this may be more beneficial.

Carbs keep insulin levels up and keeps nutrients flowing to the good stuff.

If you find yourself gaining too much fat, just lower overall calories until you're not.

LAM
08-15-2002, 10:36 AM
:withstupi

body
08-15-2002, 12:16 PM
carbs help keep you anabolic. as this decrease the amount of protein used as energy etc. if over eating of course. a good serving of fat is helpful as well.

also they are good for being powerful. though fat intake has increased in popularity, carbohydrates have been used for years in sports successful.

Puttn
08-15-2002, 01:18 PM
i think it also depends on how active you are... if your eating 3000 calories and 60% is from carbs and you sit around all day... kinda useless id lower the carbs and raise fat and protein