PDA

View Full Version : How many more cals should I eat?

Behemoth
08-15-2002, 01:44 PM
I went to the first day of soccer for this season today and I forgot how much running around it was. To kick it off we ran 2 miles then took about a 5 minute brake and the for another 2.5 hours just constant soccer playing and skill working (basically running around). I have to decide tonite whether or not I'm still going to play. I find it hard to get just enough cals for my heavy bulk so far and by the end of practice I wasn't even hungry (I don't know why) so I don't know if it would be possible for me to make up for those cals and stay on a bulk.
I'm currently consuming about 3500 daily. And I figure that all of that burns a very very bare minimum of 1500. Oh yeah, practice is 5 days a week.

Puttn
08-15-2002, 01:58 PM
just have a pre workout meal about an hour before practice with mainly carbs... then afterwards have a postworkout meal like you would if u lifted...(thats my advice) ima golfer myself and i just eat a meal before i play and then afterwards i have some protein and a lil bit of carbs as golf doesnt burn near as much

TurboStu
08-16-2002, 08:09 PM
Here is the formula I use for all my dieting etc. Take your body weight multiply it by 12, and you have the number of calories you need to maintain that weight. If you want to gain, take the weight you want to get to, multiply by twelved, and that is the number you need to get to that weight, for losing, jsut the opposite! Good Lcuk

RainerG9
08-17-2002, 05:54 AM
TurboStu are u sure this works?

coz currently im 136, want to get up to 155, and if i multiply that by 12 i get 1860 calories..which seems too low, and im eating more than this anyway.

do u add this value to your maintenance calories?

Puttn
08-17-2002, 01:10 PM
i say take your bodyweight x 20 its more accurate

Behemoth
08-17-2002, 06:07 PM
I say don't waste your time with math. Pick a number, try it. It either works or it doesn't, if it doesn't pick another number from there.
Btw I decided not to play soccer so I could pursue BB'ing further

TurboStu
08-17-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by RainerG9
TurboStu are u sure this works?

coz currently im 136, want to get up to 155, and if i multiply that by 12 i get 1860 calories..which seems too low, and im eating more than this anyway.

do u add this value to your maintenance calories?

For me it does work, almost perfectly. The maintainance calories for me are needed to maintain my weight. And it also flucuates greatly on exercise, metabolism, there are a lto of "x" facotrs in it.

HighlyFanatic
08-17-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Puttn
i say take your bodyweight x 20 its more accurate

how so?

flake
08-18-2002, 06:54 AM
Id say if you want to "heavy bulk" do it properly and just eat everything in sight. (decent foods mind).

I'm trying to put back on the 30lbs I lost in the past year and I'm planning to go between 5500 - 6000 kcals a day.

Puttn
08-18-2002, 02:54 PM
highlyfanatic because ive donea bout million calorie calculators and when i do my bodyweight x 20 its closest to what they all add up to maybe a few more plus looking at what i weigh and what a lot of people add there calories up to from there bodyweight adds together