PDA

View Full Version : Did my body use those calories I just pooped out?

Junior
08-17-2002, 04:04 PM
When a person eats a large amount calories and then has to quickly run to the washroom, is the body using the calories or is it disposing of them before it gets the opporunity to?

I assume it takes a while to digest food and therfore you are only "crapping" out the food you ate earlier!

But i am not sure. Lets say that I have a 1200 Calories shake, followed by a big mac, and then bacon eggs... enxt hting I know I am on the toloet. Am i using these calories?

Thanks

Puttn
08-17-2002, 05:48 PM
soem probly isnt absorbed as you can only take soo much at a time.. its like if you drink a lot too quick its pissed out and you dont get all the benefits which is why you sip water throughout the day...

entrrt
08-17-2002, 06:00 PM
i can't sip water...i have to gulp it down:)

Puttn
08-17-2002, 06:05 PM
really why?

Alex.V
08-17-2002, 06:05 PM
They're absorbed. When you crap after you eat, it's because the food you just took in begins the digestion process... basically, your bowels are put into motion again, fluids get flowing, and food you ate the day before is pushed further down the colon. So it's not that meal you're crapping out, it/'s the stuff you ate 24 hours earlier.

LAM
08-17-2002, 07:27 PM
:withstupi

nightop
08-17-2002, 08:31 PM
i've read that the too much water idea.. is only a myth... i can't say because I don't really know.. but I do know that not enough water is worse than losing some nutrients/food (if that's even true.. which I don't think so).