PDA

View Full Version : Changed diet - but now what?

Shooter223
08-17-2002, 05:35 PM
OK. I am trying to change my lifestyle. Prior life was about 60% fat calories. Why I am not a total blimb is a tribute to good genetics.

So now I'm dropping down on fat as much as I can. Problem is, one of the things I have cut way back on is meat. How to I make up the protien with a low fat diet?

If there is a FAQ here or something I'll take a hint. Just point.

Puttn
08-17-2002, 07:14 PM
lean meats are good. and you should get your fats from lean meats such as poultry egg whites all top rounds are lean you can get 98% ground beef ground turkey turkey jerkey cottage cheese fat free cheese lunch meat fish! tuna canned chicken

entrrt
08-17-2002, 07:20 PM
ya could supplement w/ some whey powder, also.

Shao-LiN
08-17-2002, 08:49 PM
Make sure you still consume a moderate amount of EFAs...fats aren't the devil...well, maybe saturated fat is.

Shooter223
08-18-2002, 12:37 PM
Thanks all.

OK, I like lean meats. Course, I like fatty meats better. :D

I am just trying to reduce fats to less than 30% of my daily total. Maybe if I dump the fries, burgers, and chocalate (god, NOW we've done it) I can get there.

Seems as if since I started looking, all my favorite foods are like 50% fat content. The other 50% is carbs. This isn't easy.

I guess the best way to drop the lbs fast is cardio. But I HATE cardio. Boring. Takes too long. I could be doing something else.

(Could I have a little cheese with my whine ):)

bradley
08-18-2002, 01:04 PM
Like the other posts said I would go with lean read meat, dairy, eggs, chicken, and fish. Like Shao-Lin said not all fats are bad. Natural peanut butter, oily fish (salmon), and flaxseed oil are good sources of healthy fats. Also limit you simple sugar intake and stick to complex carbs such as oatmeal, swwet potatoes, brown rice, vegetables, and lentils. Good luck with the new diet and after a few weeks of eating clean you will be able to tell the difference.