PDA

View Full Version : the pictures r in`

ryuage
08-18-2002, 08:40 AM
well finished up my last day of my bulk cycle which was for awhile and started cutting as of yesterday

height 5'10
weight 194 lpbs

here are some pictures...

feedback... comments appreciated :)

http://home.nc.rr.com/stec/pictures/backdoublebi.JPG
http://home.nc.rr.com/stec/pictures/frontdoublebi.JPG
http://home.nc.rr.com/stec/pictures/most.JPG
http://home.nc.rr.com/stec/pictures/quads1.JPG
http://home.nc.rr.com/stec/pictures/quads2.JPG
http://home.nc.rr.com/stec/pictures/quads3.JPG

chris mason
08-18-2002, 08:49 AM
What are your plans for cutting?

ryuage
08-18-2002, 09:00 AM
consuming about 2000-2300 calories a day with my carbs in my first 2-3 meals followed by protein and veggies for the last 3.
I do cardio ( not by choice at least 2-3x a week on an empty stomach where we run anywhere from 3-6 miles) but I do some stationary bike for about 25-40 minutes after my workouts. basically lifting heavy with low reps anywher efrom 6-12. 6-9 sets for large body parts ane 3-6 for smaller. consuming about 10g glutamine a day and I might start adding an eca stack... what do ya think?

Manveet
08-18-2002, 09:43 AM
You're still fairly lean, I would contiue bulking.

Black_Curtain
08-18-2002, 09:54 AM
Hey no way your weight that much. I'm only half an inch shorter, weigh almost 30lbs less, and looking bigger than you. Where did all that weight gone to???

Keep on bulking anyway, Manveet is right.

ryuage
08-18-2002, 09:55 AM
r u kidding im fat hehe. :)

ryuage
08-18-2002, 09:56 AM
and yes i am 194 lpbs :)

zwarrior99
08-18-2002, 10:28 AM
Umm looks like you need to squat, and squat some more! I think you should keep on bulking as cleanly as possible till 200. You look pretty small, I look bigger than you and I weigh 150. Accourse i squat 405lbs, and bench 245lbs, but I cant gain weight for nothing. You will look better when you cut, if you are a bit bigger. If you do decide to cut, hold on to that muscle, creatine + glutamine + PS. Should help..

LAM
08-18-2002, 10:36 AM
what is your body fat ?

your lower body is way out of proportion to your upper...the wheels look good.

what compound movements have you been doing for the upper body ?

ryuage
08-18-2002, 10:52 AM
chins, bench, rows. dips...

heathj
08-18-2002, 05:01 PM
Keep workin' at it. Personally I would not suggest cutting.

Shocker
08-18-2002, 05:08 PM
what's an lpbs - unless you got crazy big calves, there's no way you weigh that much.

Reminds me of that guy Dan with the speedos and the stick of Pam, he was great with his "18inch" arms -

anyway, how old are you?

BCC
08-18-2002, 05:08 PM
I'd definately cut, don't fall into the fat trap. But your quads have a great shape.

heathj
08-18-2002, 05:11 PM
Just because he doesn't cut doesn't mean he'll get any fatter. Change your diet, but continue to bulk, cleanly. While you gain muscle, your metabolism will raise anyway and you'll slowly burn fat also, plus you'll look a hell of a lot better since you'll have more muscle.

BCC
08-18-2002, 05:19 PM
I'd bet my balls he'll only get fatter.

ryuage
08-18-2002, 05:24 PM
haha i do have crazy big calves :) but anyway im 19.... well cut bulk cut bulk which one ?!

Shao-LiN
08-18-2002, 05:33 PM
Big improvement for when he was a lot younger =P.

Ummm...I'd say keep bulking, Steven.

LAM
08-18-2002, 05:45 PM
what is your body fat ?

ryuage
08-18-2002, 05:47 PM
dont know... somewhere high? :)

gamerixe
08-18-2002, 08:00 PM
ermmmmm.....

Quand je me regarde, je me desole (well, not that much)
Quand je me compare, je me console...(Hell yeah!)

gamerixe
08-18-2002, 08:02 PM
Well, you guys were saying to me last week that bigger muscle group like quads were more important then biceps... Ok, this guy got "big" quad (albeit a bit too high in fat), his upper body isn't special at all. And I actually prefer a well developped bicep, pec and delt to some quads like this.

Better start working out your upper body, and cut on fat!

Manveet
08-18-2002, 11:40 PM
How about this proposal. Cut down to like 185 and then continue to bulk till you hit 200, then show us more pics.

BCC
08-18-2002, 11:49 PM
Personally, if I were him, I would go on a contest diet. Diet down hardcore into competition shape (4-6% bf.) Then start from there.

ryuage
08-19-2002, 04:07 AM
personally that was what I was thinking about doing... dunno yet
everyone seems to think differently.... keep them opinions coming :)

RainerG9
08-19-2002, 04:12 AM
I think you should continue bulking, try to pack on as much muscle as possible before cutting, coz i dont think ull be satisfied with the muscle left if u cut now. and about getting fat..i dont think ull get THAT fat if u try and eat clean, and anyway, once u pack on a good amount of muscle, u can always diet the fat off.

good luck.

ericg
08-19-2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by ryuage
consuming about 2000-2300 calories a day with my carbs in my first 2-3 meals followed by protein and veggies for the last 3.
I do cardio ( not by choice at least 2-3x a week on an empty stomach where we run anywhere from 3-6 miles) but I do some stationary bike for about 25-40 minutes after my workouts. basically lifting heavy with low reps anywher efrom 6-12. 6-9 sets for large body parts ane 3-6 for smaller. consuming about 10g glutamine a day and I might start adding an eca stack... what do ya think?

Eat some fats as well, you NEED THEM!!

I agree with Chase, diet down. You will feel better about yourself when you see that 6-pac popping out, then bulk clean.

galileo
08-19-2002, 10:12 AM
When you carry a lot of fat, you look less large in pictures. 194 still seems quite high looking at your frame vs your head.

BCC
08-19-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by RainerG9
u can always diet the fat off.

It's always nice to know that you can diet the fat off efficiently. It would certainly be good practice. Then perhaps he could take his bulking to the next level after that.

Manveet
08-19-2002, 11:09 AM
Hmmm. I dunno, dieting down to like 4-6% can be an option, it's just that I don't see enough muscle on him at 194. Go with a short cut phase, then start bulking cleanly.

LAM
08-19-2002, 11:11 AM
ryuage...how long are your training sessions ? because doing cardio for 25-40 minutes after a high volume or a long training session is extremely catabolic.

how can you not know your body fat ? how much LBM have you gained on this bulk ?

Vido
08-19-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by ericg
I agree with Chase, diet down. You will feel better about yourself when you see that 6-pac popping out, then bulk clean.

I couldn't diasagree more. Sure, you feel good with a "6-pack popping out", but that's only the case if the rest of you looks respectable as well. If he got down to 4-6% (which BCC talks about doing like it's a walk in the park) he'd probably have 12, maybe 13 inch arms, and the rest of him (possibly with the exception of his legs) would look like a little schoolgirl.
At 5'10 and the bodyfat that he is currently at, I'd say he needs to get up to at least 210 lbs before even thinking about cutting. Low bodyfat or not, nothing feels worse than walking around feeling as though you look like a starving Ethiopian child. (I realize that this is where the cynics step in and tell me that feeling like a fat, disgusting slob feels worse. Well, perhaps, but let me remind you that Ryuage is far from a fat, disgusting slob so he doesn't have to worry about that for a while as long as he bulks as cleanly as possible.) You might look better with your clothes off, but how often do you absolutely have to take your shirt off? Almost never, and if you do, you shouldn't feel embarassed being at 15% bodyfat or whatever because you are most likely still better off than half the people around you.
In addition, you have a better ability to gain muscle while at a higher weight because you are most likely stronger. Also, it isn't particularly safe to workout at a bodyfat of 4-6% because your joints are not well-lubricated.
Just for the record, I've never heard of a recreational bodybuilder at that bodyfat percentage and quite frankly I see no point in it.

MonkeyBoy
08-19-2002, 12:12 PM
Keep bulking! You need to have something to cut before you start cutting..:)

GeneticallyGifted
08-19-2002, 01:32 PM
I don't see you being 194 but maybe I'm wrong.

To cut or to bulk????

Depends on what your goals are at this moment and what they are in the long term.

Pick between them and the decision should be easy.

GG

Relentless
08-19-2002, 01:59 PM
If ryuage is in some sort of training program at Ft. Bragg (Basic? Something else?) with the attendant required PT and all that (morning PT before brekkie is what I think I saw him explain about when asked for his cardio stuff) makes it hard to control your environment enough to do proper cut cycle.

While normally I'd agree with BigChaseyChase (lots of people talk about 'bulking' but it's often an excuse to not diet in a controlled fashion), in ryuage's case I'm not so sure. If the food and time schedules (training and other commitments) at Ft. Bragg is anything like the food on the bases I've been at, it's not bad for bulking but it's crap for cutting. Ryuage, you're starting to pack on some muscle, but you have lots of room to bulk; might as well keep packing in the mess food and lifting like a beast, get your weight up over 200, etc, and then worry about doing a contest-type cut when you have more control over your daily schedule and diet.

Just my $0.02.
Cal

RainerG9
08-19-2002, 02:09 PM
Just to add something to what Vido said, and to support my suggestion of bulking up, and that "u can always diet the fat off".

Ive experienced the situation ure in, not knowing if u should still bulk or start cutting. and yes, a six-pack is something everyone wishes to have, including me when i started lifting. i was around 14-15% bodyfat, with a satifsying amount of muscle, and started cutting in order to get that six-pack (for the first time in my life). result..i dieted really strictly, went down to something around 6%bf, totally ripped, u could see everything on me...but i looked like a starving skinny little kid! and all that so that i could have a six-pack. and if i wanted to show it off, who would pay attention to a pathetic skinny guy?
i regret it now..coz im trying to bulk and its a hard and slow process..if i bulked from the beginning now i would be much bigger.
i try to learn from my mistakes, so im just warning u not to make the same mistake.

Shao-LiN
08-19-2002, 02:18 PM
Ryuage is past basic I believe..if that's what you call boot camp, anyway.

Right now he's working/stationed at Ft. Bragg. Sorry, not too versed in army stuff.

BCC
08-19-2002, 02:22 PM
From my experience with getting into competition shape, and then going all out, I've found the body is extremely anabolic and it is very easy to put on muscle. This was my reasoning for my suggestion. He looks to be approaching 18-20% bodyfat, I would get things under control if I were him.

LAM
08-19-2002, 02:55 PM
ditto...

ryuage
08-19-2002, 04:11 PM
yes passed basic.. and the running is out of my control bulk or not =\ but ya the mess hall or dining facility is kinda a good place to bulk but not so for a cut.. cuz of the wide variety and not to mention all you can eat, but I do switch to seperate rations (extra $300 a month for food) in october so i'll be able to provide all 6 of my meals because currently im getting 3 of them from the dining faclitity. I do wanna bulk because its not like I'm doing anything but working year long except for maybe next summer go home and hit the beaches :) but it looks like im gaining a little bit of fat and dont know where I might end up bodyfat wise hence the wanting to cut... not to mention I didn't start off with that little of a bodyfat percentage in the first place. Maybe a percent or two lower about 4-5 months ago when i started my bulk cycle and I was 173-177 then weighed in on an empty stomach and after I just ran with all my sweat wiped off and no clothes but my boxers and socks... and yes 194 was done the same as well