PDA

View Full Version : Eating Junkfood But Counting Calories

MonStar
08-19-2002, 09:35 AM
I was wondering about this guys.

MarshallPenn and a few others have helped me to do this and it has honestly worked EXTREMELY well. I try and stay around 3000 calories per day. But of those 3000 calories I basically eat whatever the f*ck I want. I know it sounds stupid or whatever but it seems to be working great.

If I want Taco Bell Ill eat it, and so on. My gains in the gym have been continuous and my fat-loss is gradual but not non-existant at all. And I have eliminated binging.

Opinions?

galileo
08-19-2002, 09:59 AM
If it works for you, do it.

Eliminating binging is probably your ace.

LAM
08-19-2002, 10:02 AM
at your age you can get away with that with your metabolism and activity level.

I say enjoy it while you can !

Wizard
08-19-2002, 10:52 AM
Imo,you just decrease the rate of your progress but if your mental state is improved (so that you can avoid binging) just stick with it and see what happens after a month or two.

Blood&Iron
08-19-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by MonStar
I was wondering about this guys.

MarshallPenn and a few others have helped me to do this and it has honestly worked EXTREMELY well. I try and stay around 3000 calories per day. But of those 3000 calories I basically eat whatever the f*ck I want. I know it sounds stupid or whatever but it seems to be working great.

If I want Taco Bell Ill eat it, and so on. My gains in the gym have been continuous and my fat-loss is gradual but not non-existant at all. And I have eliminated binging.

Opinions?
This was what I was saying all along!!! I should add that I still think junk food should be kept to a minimum for general health reasons, and for the fact that fast food is tends to be quite high in trans-fatty acids which have fairly negative effects on body composition. In general, though it really does ultimately come down to calories in vs. calories out.

First the fruit thing, then this. I just can't win, can I...:cry:

Puttn
08-19-2002, 11:42 AM
personally id rather drink beer and eat healthy

Vido
08-19-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Puttn
personally id rather drink beer and eat healthy

Damn right! I'd have to say that accounting for the calories in the alcohol is also very important. I'm sure the thing about the junkfood is right though. It's all about cals in vs. cals out. I'd just say that if all the cals were clean cals your progress would most certainly be better.

Behemoth
08-19-2002, 05:29 PM
Eat clean, don't binge. My gains have been tremendous.

TreeTrunks
08-19-2002, 05:51 PM
If it works go for it. Anything to prevent binging is ace. My girlfriend and I like to diet seriously throughout the week and on Friday night and Sat. night we go out to a resturant and eat whatever we want. Looking forward to the weekends keeps us sane.

MonStar
08-19-2002, 10:20 PM
Yeah thats cool thanks guys. I was thinking that this would be my best bet. Even though I am guessing that eating 100% clean foods and taking in the same amount of calories would in term mean better results?

I would enjoy seeing a study where one group of people took in 15 x BW in junkfoods and another group of people took 15 x BW in very clean foods like chicken breasts and rice, etc. Just curious to see whether calories in vs. calories out is all that matters. And the obvious protein intake.

Puttn
08-20-2002, 05:58 AM
i know a few potheads who we could study but they would get lost counting their calories

Wizard
08-20-2002, 06:33 AM
Yeah thats cool thanks guys. I was thinking that this would be my best bet. Even though I am guessing that eating 100% clean foods and taking in the same amount of calories would in term mean better results?

I would enjoy seeing a study where one group of people took in 15 x BW in junkfoods and another group of people took 15 x BW in very clean foods like chicken breasts and rice, etc. Just curious to see whether calories in vs. calories out is all that matters. And the obvious protein intake.

The junkfood group would consume less carbs and protein than the clean foods group. The junkfood group would burn less calories due to the thermic effect of the macros. Moreover, the clean foods group would contain more efa's than the junkfood group which may contain many saturated and trans fats which means that the clean foods group would have a better blood lipid profile as well as higher test levels.

At last, it's obvious that while the bodyweight may remain almost the same, the body composition is going to change.
In addition,your aerobic (and maybe the anaerobic too) performance is gonna be weaker. (weaker blood circulation).
Furthermore,blood pressure is going to be higher than before due to the consumption of more salt.

Puttn
08-20-2002, 06:54 AM
thanks for the info wizard .. did you come up with that info yourself? you should become a doctor or something

Wizard
08-20-2002, 08:05 AM
yes I did, but I will become an electronic engineer.. lol :D

Puttn
08-20-2002, 10:38 AM
haha thats cool bro good luck,

MonStar
08-21-2002, 01:09 AM
So far things are working great, obviously if progress stalls Ill change things up. But for the time being I am enjoy McDonald's, etc.

Maki Riddington
08-21-2002, 01:19 AM
I think that you're being lazy.
Just my opinion.

MonStar
08-21-2002, 01:23 AM
I dont know lazy, maybe. I am just trying to eliminate binging for the most part to be honest - nothing more than that.

MonStar
08-21-2002, 01:23 AM
I noticed that sugary foods effect me a lot worse than fast food foods. I can somehow eat Taco Bell tacos and sh*t and feel fine but when I eat a milkshake or something damn I feel fat as f*cking hell.

Shao-LiN
08-21-2002, 01:57 AM
Tacos aren't that bad. Small, veggies, meat, cheese, etc...in moderation, halfway decent.

YatesNightBlade
08-21-2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Wizard

The junkfood group would consume less carbs and protein than the clean foods group. The junkfood group would burn less calories due to the thermic effect of the macros. Moreover, the clean foods group would contain more efa's than the junkfood group which may contain many saturated and trans fats which means that the clean foods group would have a better blood lipid profile as well as higher test levels.

At last, it's obvious that while the bodyweight may remain almost the same, the body composition is going to change.
In addition,your aerobic (and maybe the anaerobic too) performance is gonna be weaker. (weaker blood circulation).
Furthermore,blood pressure is going to be higher than before due to the consumption of more salt. :withstupi

Wizard
08-21-2002, 03:06 AM
I'm with ya :)

Ozzymt
08-21-2002, 03:53 AM
If you struggle to eat enough cals, then better to get them with junk than not at all. But i would ensure that you get a good balanced diet with a good protein intake before popping down mcdonalds to smack in a big mac.

Junk contains to much saturated fat for my liking which can lead to elevated LDL cholesterol levels. If you pertain to a good balanced diet with EFA's from sources such as fish then you can help lower LDL's and raise HDLs.

Much the same as what wizards says.

mickeys
08-21-2002, 05:07 AM
some pro and advanced body builders do infact use calorie sources from junk food and fast food. Sounds crazy, I know.

Wizard
08-21-2002, 05:47 AM
Mickeys, I think that it's not so crazy at all, assuming that the pros consume huge amounts of calories per day,so it's difficult to get 'em all from clean food. Ok, not to mention the T3 and DNP that is used to cut up.. but that's another issue.

MonStar
08-21-2002, 07:39 AM
Tacos aren't that bad. Small, veggies, meat, cheese, etc...in moderation, halfway decent.

Yeah man I guess youre right. For some reason I was under the impression that ALL fast food was like the worst thing in the world for you. Its not the best, but I dont think its as bad as like candy or ice-cream.

Wizard
08-21-2002, 07:42 AM
Both are crap.

Puttn
08-21-2002, 08:07 AM
yea im with wizard again ont his one.. if you go to the fast food webpages and look at there nutrition facts its all fat and carbs its hard to find a meal with more than 12g of protein.. unless you go to subway.. and you can get a 6 inch with extra turkey and get around 36g of protein

Ozzymt
08-21-2002, 08:25 AM
Burger king burgers actually have a reasonable protein content, but lets all admit that if we go there then we eat the fries and they are full of sh*t.

galileo
08-21-2002, 09:00 AM
I don't eat fries. Fries are the devil.

You like the devil? Eat him! Eat the devil! I commandeth you!

Just eat clean all day and get your dinner from the taco crap run for the bathroom place. At least you'll be half-way there.

Blood&Iron
08-21-2002, 11:11 AM
Sure, most fast food places have a lot of crap, but it's quite easy to eat healthily if one puts further only a tiny bit of effort. I usually go to Wendy's, get a grilled chicken sandwich and maybe a broccoli and cheese baked potato--if I need some extra carbs--or a 2nd chicken sandwich--if I need more protein. If I need to keep calories low, I'll get a caesar side salad. Even going to Taco Bell can be kept reasonably healthy, if you check up on the nutrition facts beforehand and plan accordingly. Sure there are extra chemicals which probably aren't the healthiest stuff one could consume, but I would submit most people eat plenty of that kinda crap anyways--unless they're buying their food exclusively at organic food markets.

Natural Animal
08-22-2002, 01:19 AM
I agree that at your age, it is best to enjoy your metabolism while it is there, trust me it wont last too much longer (1-2 years if ur lucky generally speaking) so yeah dont overeat but do eat things that you enjoy.

Incindentally I made my best gains in strength on a solid diet of maccas and whatever I chose.

I eat clean now and have only gotten smaller, Im now 158lbs @ 13%bf down from 176@21% although Im sure i'm now healthier.

But man I felt better/bigger/stronger when I was 176lbs.

David
08-24-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by mickeys
some pro and advanced body builders do infact use calorie sources from junk food and fast food. Sounds crazy, I know.

LOL, yeah, they also use "special supplements", some of them that cut them up real nicely.

MonStar
08-24-2002, 10:58 PM
I am thinking that simply keeping a good estimate of you calories is all it REALLY takes to diet. I mean specific foods are beneficial too but I think overall all it really takes is calories in vs. calories out ya know?

Behemoth
08-25-2002, 01:45 PM
Losing weight is as simple as calories in vs. calories out. Losing the type of weight that you want will take alterations to your macro's to some extent.

Puttn
08-25-2002, 04:07 PM
so your saying if i have 2000 calories of beer and you have 2000 calories of healthy food... that we will turn out the same if we do the exact same things in that day?

08-25-2002, 09:45 PM
Monstar whats wrong with you man. Your turning into a disgrace to WBB. tuttut

MonStar
08-25-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Avatar
Monstar whats wrong with you man. Your turning into a disgrace to WBB. tuttut

Haha whatever man. I am eating the way that I WANT and its working fine for me. So you can do your thing and let me do mine.

08-26-2002, 06:39 AM

Haha whatever man. I am eating the way that I WANT and its working fine for me. So you can do your thing and let me do mine.

no dude. What I mean is your wanting to eat 3000 calories / day worth of junk food every single day. Most regular people I know don't even eat that bad. I just can't figure out your motive.

Wizard
08-26-2002, 07:51 AM
You lazy Mon :D