PDA

View Full Version : Seltzer & Diet Soda?

Lime
08-19-2002, 09:40 PM
I hope some of you remember me. I posted a few times about a month ago. Anyway, I started eating right and working out and I was able to see some results. I cut my calorie intake big time and spent more time jogging and lifting. One of the ways I cut my calorie intake was to cut soda out of my diet almost entirely. Sometimes if I've been good I'll sneak a glass in a few times a week but I found seltzer has been a tasty alternative.

As far as my question goes, is drinking seltzer and diet soda a good alternative? They have 0 calories so that seems fine but I would think anything with 0 calories, 0 grs fat/protien/carbs would have no taste but these are kinda tasty once you get used to them. Is there any hidden 'dangers' or reasons why I should stay away from diet soda and seltzer?

Thanks for the help guys :)

LAM
08-19-2002, 09:55 PM
Diet soda's can contain artificial sweetners. I stay away from them, I'd rather eat the real thing than fake sugars.

No problem with the seltzer water...

Puttn
08-20-2002, 06:16 AM
i agree with LAM however ive read that carbonated drinks deteriorate muscle mass

Franjipani
08-20-2002, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Puttn
i agree with LAM however ive read that carbonated drinks deteriorate muscle mass

Wow, I didnt know THAT.....yet another valid reason to steer clear of that crap.

When Nutri-sweet is metabolized it turns to formic acid - formaldahyde (sp) which requires fat to neutralise those nasty acids.....:eek:

Is that a good enough reason?