PDA

View Full Version : HEY, why not.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

carolinagirl
02-16-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Belial
Still a no-go on the penis. I did manage to get the old one out of the drain, though, and I figure I'll reattach it at some point.

I hope you remembered to put it in milk. They can't reattach it otherwise.

Also, did it go way down the drain? Because, I was just noticing that the circumference of the drains at my house is very small.

(Just wanted to point that out.)

BCC
02-16-2003, 09:31 PM
You're pointing in the right direction carolinagirl :nod:

Alex.V
02-16-2003, 09:31 PM
milk! No, good idea! Though it might surprise my roommate if he found it in the carton.

Can we please stop discussing my penis?

carolinagirl
02-16-2003, 09:37 PM
You brought it up.

Just some girl
02-16-2003, 09:37 PM
wow, dude, she dissed you. and yea, this isnt a penis journal now, is it? cuz i didnt think wannabebig referred to that, but maybe ive been wrong this whole time....:scratch: ;)

Chris Rodgers
02-16-2003, 09:39 PM
Haha!!

Now we know the real reason that B comes to Wannabebig! :eek:

Alex.V
02-16-2003, 09:40 PM
Don't make me post pics.

Just some girl
02-16-2003, 09:41 PM
aight, before you get me in totally unfounded trouble, i didnt say he would be at a site that was wannabebig of that nature! i just said that there was a lot of penis talk for a bodybuilding/powerlifting site. got it? good. :)

the doc
02-16-2003, 09:56 PM
sorry to hear about the lousey spot but glad everything is OK

Alex.V
02-17-2003, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I'm cool.

Couldn't stand it, though. Sh*t workout or no, I had to get back in there and redeem myself. So, sprained wrist or no, I did back. It wasn't bad. I just used an inzer wrist wrap, pulled tight, and I could do almost everything.

Granted, the pain was excruciating.

But it actually feels fine now. better, even.

Weighted pull-ups:

+45 x 10, +90 x 8, +45 x 8

Ow. The 90 hurt the wrist.

Bi-angular row:

10 plates +30lbs x 6 (!), 10 plates x 5, 8 plates + 50 lbs x 8, 8 plates x 16

Whee. Not too bad, actually, and zero wrist pain.

That was pretty much it, though. Couldn't do hammer curls, so did four sets of concentration curls (not too much discomfort), so I put some extra effort into them and called it a day.

Diet- good. Too low in cals, though.

Sleep- 7 hours.

MonStar
02-17-2003, 12:26 PM
Nice work on the biangular row B. Really impressive man. Is that exercise a Hammer Strength machine or nah? This weekend I am heading down to the beach and probably working out at Bally's, and I wanted to see if I could find that machine and see how I do on it.

WillKuenzel
02-19-2003, 08:22 PM
How's the wrist these days? Doing better?

And spotters suck, especially for squats. If I have to have somebody spot me on squats, they get a quick crash course or they go crashing out the window. Paying for broken windows is a pain but its worth it for a good spot.

Franjipani
02-20-2003, 02:01 AM
I just used an inzer wrist wrap, pulled tight, and I could do almost everything.

Granted, the pain was excruciating.

:eek:

You are such a cheeky buggar ;)

Alex.V
02-20-2003, 12:16 PM
Wrist ain't bad, though I may have re-pulled it today. Monstar, the biangular row is made by magnum, but it's fairly similar I believe. The leverages may be different, in that the apparatus itself is fairly heavy, and the weights lift almost straight up.

Franji.... :D

And speaking of big grins... you couldn't get the smile off my face today if you tried.

After my shortened leg workout and my back workout earlier in the week than usual, I was itching to get back in and kick my ass.

And I did.

Actually looked way too lean in the mirror this morning... bottom part of my abs looked sharp. This was worrisome, I usually try to bloat up a bit before deads. Still, didn't matter, apparently.

Deadlifts:

135 x 6, 225 x 6, 315 x 3, 405 x 2, 635 x 1 (!)

That would be 10 pounds more than last week. And it was the slowest deadlift rep I've ever done. It's funny, I had mixed feelings about it before I went in... spent a while remembering to drop down rather than lean forward, decided I'd just give it a ride, see what I could do, given the slow 625 last week. But... I got down, yanked it... and it started moving. It got up about 2-3 inches (4-5 inches after bar bend), and all I could think was "This sh*t's moving, there's no way I'm not locking it out". So I just pulled like my life depended on it. And it was up. Getting the lockout was tough, given the length of the lift, but it was solid, there was no hitching. I think I made a ****load of noise, too, because when I looked in the mirror to check my position, the entire gym was watching. Oops.

But it was so satisfying. The record in NC (USAPL) for juniors is 630 (220 pound weight class), this is 5 pounds more. Granted, I'm heavier than that, but it's nice to be able to look at the record books and say "I'm damn close".

There wasn't much to spare. The lockout strained both my calves, my lower back is still hurting, and my wrist isn't feeling so hot. I gave it everything I had, and I can still tell.

Enough about the dead. The congratulations and approving nods afterwards were very nice, btw.

Lateral raises:

45 x 10, 45 x 12, 50 x 8, 55 x 8

Thought I was going to go light because of my wrist, but they really didn't bother me.

Bent-over lateral raises:

40 x 8, 50 x 8

Ow. Delts very sore, couldn't do more.

Calf raises with the stack, very slow, mostly to work out the calf cramp. Of course, now I realize it's also a strain, so that was likely a horrible idea.

Finished off with two sets of paused hanging leg raises (1 second pause in the up position), brutal.

That was it.

Diet- Excellent.

Sleep- 7.5 hours.

I can't stop smiling.

EdgarMex
02-20-2003, 12:20 PM
On that pull: WOW! that's all I have to say.

MonStar
02-20-2003, 12:23 PM
635 x 1 (!)

:omg::omg: Awesome job B, jeez. Youre so damn close to triple BW, it would be great if you nailed that. What are you like 40 lbs. away or something?

Saturday Fever
02-20-2003, 12:25 PM
The record for juniors? How old are you?

Relentless
02-20-2003, 12:26 PM
respect for the pull

good work B

MonStar
02-20-2003, 12:30 PM
B, real quick, is this it? What kind of grip do you use?

BennettBoy
02-20-2003, 12:33 PM
Very nice Alex. Yeah, that would be very satisfying to know that you are stronger than the record in NC. Nice.

Alex.V
02-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Thanks guys, it means a lot. :)

Monstar, that machine is similar, I use the neutral grip. Again, unless it's the exact same machine, comparisons are worthless.

Saturday Fever- I'm 22.

And yeah, about 40 pounds away from triple bodyweight. But that doesn't seem like it'll happen anytime soon, I'm going to take some time off from heavy deadlifting.

Just some girl
02-20-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Saturday Fever
The record for juniors? How old are you?

he's 5. :D

oh and....

I'm going to take some time off from heavy deadlifting.

lol. now i have NEVER heard this before! ;)

way to go, kiddo. you are truly amazing. :)

ectx
02-20-2003, 04:08 PM
635, pfft. I can do that in my sleep.and only when I'm dreaming.

Outstanding. Must be all that cheesecake you're eating.

Pup
02-20-2003, 05:39 PM
That pull is off the hook bro...btw, my tiny ass is gonna push you around that gym in 11 days :D

Santiago
02-20-2003, 06:17 PM
B, you just might own the open raw record, and if you don't now, you will (until I get to 220's ;) )

chris mason
02-20-2003, 06:44 PM
Great job, I am jealous.

Chris Rodgers
02-20-2003, 06:50 PM
Strong bastard!!

carolinagirl
02-20-2003, 07:56 PM
Wow. Amazing work, you.

FFeJ
02-20-2003, 09:16 PM
congratulations !

Alex.V
02-20-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by chris mason
Great job, I am jealous.

:omg:

This is possibly the greatest moment in my lifting career.

Until I get blown out of the water. In the meantime, I shall treasure this sentence.

Santiago- What IS the raw record..? I couldn't find raw records anywhere online.

Pup- Can't wait, bro, it's gonna be awesome.

Andrea- smartass. :D

ec, see what I'm sayin? Still think cheesecake, the calorie loaded dessert from hell, is effeminate? I didn't THINK so.

FFeJ, Latty, thanks a bunch. :)

And CG.. this might not bode well for leg strength sunday.

My calves are still feeling a good deal of discomfort. Every now and then my body reminds me that it hasn't been much over two years that I've been lifting, and gives me a good kick in the head (Or lower back. Or hamstrings. Or glutes. Or calves. Or lats. Or... yeah) to remind me. So I'm definitely feeling pretty beat, still.

WillKuenzel
02-20-2003, 09:31 PM
Geez, dude! You just don't let up at all. Probably a sprained wrist and you pull 635, then straining your calves. You've got an incredible work ethic.

Simply amazing man! I don't see how you keep doing it but I'm going to have to get up there soon to see this crazy feat of strength.

Just some girl
02-20-2003, 09:42 PM
ec, see what I'm sayin? Still think cheesecake, the calorie loaded dessert from hell, is effeminate? I didn't THINK so.

the protein powder in that one saved it from being effeminate. :D hehehe. :p

MonStar
02-20-2003, 10:46 PM
I cant figure out how the hell you have only been training 2 years. That is what really boggles my mind the most. How long have you trained TOTAL? I mean I trained 7 years but my programs friggin' changed every other week, LOL.

By the way B, I want to recommend something to you. I know that youre obviously way more experienced in deadlifts than I am, (deadlifted for all of 2 months now) but I really think you should try wearing wrestling shoes when you deadlift if you dont already. The ROM is a good .75-1" less depending on what kinda sneakers you wear. I really felt that my grip on the ground, etc. was far better. I bet you could smoke 650 with wrestling shoes, if not more.

Alex.V
02-22-2003, 04:13 PM
Homeyield, yeah you do. lol.

Monstar, two years total, pretty much. I screwed around with push-ups, sit-ups, and cardio when I was trying to lose weight, but it's really only shortly after I found WBB that I started training right and eating to bulk.

Good call on the wrestling shoes, I'm actually picking up a pair soon. The big foam soles on my new balance are probably screwing me up a great deal.

Anyway, I'm on my roommate's comp, so I should be brief (my computer died completely yesterday).

Chest workout. Wrist still sprained pretty badly, and at the bottom of the bench, where the wrist changes angle, it hurt. So I kept the barbell bench relatively light, stopping on each set due to discomfort rather than failure.

BB bench:

135 x 10, 225 x 10, 275 x 2, 315 x 1, 335 x 2, 315 x 5

Nothing special, again. But don't want to make anything worse.

Seated skullcrushers:

185 x 10, 185 x 10

Could push these a bit more since my tri's were fresh.

DB flyes:

75 x 10 (4 sets)

Rah. Higher volume than usual, but since my benching was ginger, I had extra energy.

Tricep pushdowns:

285 x 10, 245 x 10, 200 x 10, 150 x 10

Done with about 30 seconds pause between each. Not too bad, felt pretty worked.

DB front raises:

45 x 10, 50 x 7

These really hurt... especially the 50. Urgh.

So, that was pretty much it. Frustrated to no end with my comp, but that'll be solved soon.

Diet- excellent

Sleep- 7.5 broken hours.

Alex.V
02-23-2003, 01:56 PM
I've decided I no longer like leg workouts. It was decent, but I think my drastic squat/dead differential is only going to get worse. I was still sore in the hips and left calf today, so I took it pretty light. Not good, really.

Carolinagirl came down for a workout, too, and she actually ENJOYED the leg press strip set. She's psychotic. :) But I was very impressed, she's got tight form on every single lift, and pretty much put the gym to shame, I'd wager.

Fun, definitely something to do again. Come on, NC meatheads, let's all lift! Preferably on thursdays. So I can deadlift.

Squats:

135 x 8, 225 x 8, 315 x 6?, 405 x 3, 315 x 6 paused.

These are guesses. I wasn't really pushing it here, mostly trying to keep my hips limber. Not feeling them.

SLDLs:

405 x 12, 405 x 8

Easy. Bothered the wrist a little, and the second set was a little calf discomfort, but nothing major.

Leg press strip set:

20 plates + 20lbs x 6
18 plates + 20lbs x 6
16 plates + 20lbs x 6
14 plates + 20lbs x 6
12 plates + 20lbs x 6
10 plates + 20lbs x 6
8 plates + 20lbs x 6
6 plates + 20lbs x 6

That sounds about right. It's been a while since I've done these. Actually didn't feel too ill afterwards.

Leg extensions:

Stack x 20

Calf raises:

Stack x 14, stack x 10

A little bit of pain on the second set.

That was pretty much it. CG is very cool, not only is she going to get me into a real varsity gym at some point, but she's also giving me her car. :)

And since I'm on the verge of collapse, I'm going to stop typing. I need more food.

Diet- too low in cals. Felt flat today.

Sleep- 7.5 hours.

That's it!

carolinagirl
02-23-2003, 03:13 PM
Preferably on thursdays. So I can deadlift.

Showoff. ;) (But it would be something to tell the grandkids about...)

Thanks again - you rule. (Even when parts of you are broken.) Now I too am off to eat.

Pup
02-23-2003, 06:01 PM
8 days til back homie...*howls at moon*

SWOLE
02-23-2003, 06:18 PM
nice session of strip sets for the legs, pretty tough to take a crap later?? why did you do legs at all when you were sore? my lazy a$$ would have waited another day. Nice calves too... i wish there was a way to add more weight onto my standing calf raise to make it more difficult.
405 on bench would be insanely sweet by march, good luck!!
your huge, i am sure you can do it.

Just some girl
02-23-2003, 07:29 PM
:( damn stoopid work. im sorry i missed it. sounds like you guys had fun.

Alex.V
02-25-2003, 02:30 PM
Incredibly hard to take a crap. I have the worst leg DOMS I've had in months. :)

Swole, I aborted my leg workout last weekend, so I figured I needed to make up for it. No more pussin out.

Back day. Again, not 100%. Nagging pain in my wrist, still. Que crappy.

Pull-ups and DB rows were pretty much out. (no way I could support myself on my right arm in that position) But I did the former anyway.

Weighted pull-ups:

+45 x 10, +90 x 5

Stopped due to pain... something pulled too hard, and I almost lost my grip at the top of the 5th rep. That woulda sucked. Shame, they were feeling unusually easy until then.

Bi-angular row:

12 plates x 2 (!), 10 plates x 6, 8 plates x 14, 8 plates x 10

Not too shabby.. but so early in the workout, I think these should have been even better.

Concentration curls:

45 x 10, 50 x 10, 55 x 5/7 (R/L)

Ow. Again, stopped due to pain. It's only at a certain angle that the wrist hurts. I'm an idiot.

Cable curls:

Stack x 12, stack x 12

Whee! nice pump! (wannabeectx.com)

Hammer curls:

75 x 10

I found a way to do these with no wrist pain! I took a strap, wrapped it around my hand and had somebody pull it as hard as possible across my palm, above the thumb, and down my wrist. Then I took an inzer wrist wrap and wrapped it around as tight as possible to hold the strap in place.

Excruciatingly tight, but it supported the wrist enough that I could go heavy and not feel a single thing. Whee!

Then I tried talking to some girl who I saw doing pull-ups. I was trying to get across that they were impressive, but she might be better served adding weight. But 4 hours of sleep, not enough food, and a rather painful workout conspired against me, and I was about as coherent as Bammer's typing.

And then I came home.

Diet- too few cals.

Sleep- 4 hours.

Teh big suck.

WillKuenzel
02-25-2003, 02:47 PM
Doc it hurts when I do this, what should I do? Don't do it!

LOL, anything to workout. Nice job.

I hope the wrists is better in 2 or 3 weeks. Which sounds better? I'm coming up there to see this phenomenon. If we do legs, you gotta do some lunges with me.

LMAO @ wannabeectx.com

*edit, just noticed the lmao above ending up looking like an email address

ectx
02-25-2003, 03:03 PM
Bah! Pfft. You call yourself a curl jockey? You gotta wanta hurl when you try and get that pump. *shakes head in disappointment*

I'm an idiot.

That's signature material. Keeping the ego in check?

Now stop doing those "bathroom" ancillary "wrist" and "grip" exercises...I know they're fun...but you gotta give it time to heal, yo.

In all seriousness...hope the wrist heals soon.

MonStar
02-25-2003, 05:46 PM
Nice job on the biangular rows B---how many plates can that f*cker take? 12 plates is a TON! LOL.

carolinagirl
02-25-2003, 08:39 PM
I have the worst leg DOMS I've had in months. :)

Muahhhahaaha. :evillaugh

My legs feel just fine. In fact, I went running yesterday. :angel:

Pretty amazing on the rows, especially considering that you're broken. Ever think about taking an extra day off to let that wrist heal up? :D

(Don't even bother to answer that. It was a rhetorical question.)

fuzz
02-25-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by carolinagirl

Pretty amazing on the rows, especially considering that you're broken. Ever think about taking an extra day off to let that wrist heal up? :D

(Don't even bother to answer that. It was a rhetorical question.)

Now if B did something intelligent like that, he wouldn't be a meathead, now would he?

:D

Relentless
02-26-2003, 06:37 AM
what's your form on the weighted pullups, B? palms in? palms out? width?

might want to talk to a naturopath/herbalist about something to help accelerate the healing in the wrist (beyond the obvious choices, i.e. glucosamine, etc.)

oh and nice rows, f00! gonna see what my 1RM that is like sometime soon

Alex.V
02-27-2003, 12:47 PM
HY, I think spring break is in two weeks... I'll let you know the schedule. I hope to god it's better by then.. it's already improving somewhat.

Monstar- thanks man. That's the machine's limit. :)

CG- Next time, we'll start heavier on your sets. pfft.

Cal- herbalist? f*ck that, shoot some cortizone in my wrist, pop some xenadrine, and I'm good to go. lol.

Yeah, so, remember me saying I was going to go light on deadlifts? Well.... I mean, I figured.. what's the point of going light? I mean, deadlifts aren't fun unless they're hard... unless you need to pull with every god damn muscle fiber in your body to get the weight up. Right? And they're also no fun unless everybody looks over at the sagging bar and says "That guy's a freak". Right?

Right.

Deadlifts:

135 x 8, 225 x 6, 315 x 6, 405 x 2, 640 x 1 (!)

HELL YEAH.

Did not expect it to come up. But it did.

One thing, though... my lockout is actually suffering. It could be one of two things... either I'm burning out off the floor, since I'm too slow, or I simply lack strength at the top. I think it's the former, since it takes me so long to get up that there's just no juice left by the time I get up. But... I'm totally open for opinions, suggestions, etc. Next week I'll try 645, but if the lockout is slow/sloppy, I really WILL back off and work on it. Because missing a lockout is missing the lift, and there's no sense going heavier and heavier if I'll eventually get into terrible habits.

Whee. I was happy.

Lateral raises:

45 x 12, 50x8/45x6, 50x6/45x6, 45 x 8

Those were immediate drop sets. Why? I don't know. Not too happy with my shoulder width?

40 x 10, 50 x 8

So tired at this point.

DB shrugs:

110's x 14, 110's x 12

2-3 second hold at the top. That was my once-a-month trap workout.

Calf raises with the full stack, long pause, 14 reps, two sets. Then two sets of hanging leg raises.

And I was out.

Diet- good!

Sleep- 6.5 hours. Not so good.

WillKuenzel
02-27-2003, 01:04 PM
LOL, all I can say is wow. More and more each and every week. Great job dude! That's just crazy but inspiring nonetheless.

JD77
02-27-2003, 01:29 PM
wow! nice deadlift!

GIS
02-27-2003, 01:37 PM
Wow. I don't usually spam journals but 640 is some amazing work. A REAL man gets up to 700 pounds, though...

ectx
02-27-2003, 01:45 PM
....everybody looks over at the sagging bar and says "That guy's a freak". Right?

Right.

Your fly was down. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA. nevermind.

640?!?!?! Freak. Next week I expect to see you add another 5 lbs and come back in and say "I know I was planning on backing off a little...."blah blah blah....LOL...face it, you're an addict. Again...congrats.

the doc
02-27-2003, 01:53 PM
tremendous DEDLIFT!!!!!!

chris mason
02-27-2003, 04:09 PM
Will the progress never cease???????

I am still jealous.

BennettBoy
02-27-2003, 05:07 PM
:thumbup:

Nothing more to say!

SWOLE
02-27-2003, 05:10 PM
nice lifts beast... if you can get 640, you sure as hell can get 645. very nice man, very nice... but you already knew that.
keep up the hard work.

MonStar
02-27-2003, 05:44 PM
Awesome work B!! Damn, 640 is friggin' insane, keep up the hard work.

Pup
02-27-2003, 06:05 PM
good work alex, 3x bodyweight is fast approaching

Saturday Fever
02-27-2003, 06:15 PM
One thing, though... my lockout is actually suffering. It could be one of two things... either I'm burning out off the floor, since I'm too slow, or I simply lack strength at the top.

The last bit before lockout is a lot of traps and upper back strength.

carolinagirl
02-27-2003, 09:46 PM
BOO-YAH! :D

Dammit. I would've liked to have seen that one! Awesome work,B. You are, like, the Bionic Man or something - new PR's every week.

(And yeah, I guess we should start heavier on the leg press strip set next time. I want my head to look like it's going to pop off my shoulders, just like yours does. ;) ) (No, seriously, I do!)

Franjipani
02-28-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by BennettBoy
:thumbup:

Nothing more to say!

What he said :p

Whoooooa, i'm so looking forward to seeing this with my own eyes:eek:

Alex.V
03-01-2003, 01:23 PM
Thank y'all muchly. :) It really does do me good... in a lot of ways, it's why I keep trying. I guess it's not fear of failure anymore, it's just that I'm not willing to accept it at this point. I progress, that's what I do. lol.

Kids are going to make me injure myself. tuttut

Seriously, though, you guys are my inspiration.

That and Tony Caprelli (or however you spell his name). The little punk who weights around 190 and deadlifts 710. He's, what, 22, 23? And hardly a 5'6" tank.

However, all my other lifts aren't so lucky. Wrist was bothering me somewhat today, although less than last week.

BB bench:

135 x 12, 225 x 12, 275 x 2, 315 x 1, 335 x 1, 375 x 1, 225 x 20

Blech. Wrist almost gave out on 375. I might not go heavy next week... there goes 405 by march. crap crap crap.

Seated skullcrushers:

195 x 6 (!), 175 x 10

Crap. Wow. These were HARD. But a friend was telling me how he hit 225 on these for a few, and I figure, ****, he's 315 but I gotta be stronger than his ass. So I went for it. LAst rep was ugly, and may not have locked out on it. Still a huge PR, though.

DB flyes:

75 x 10, 75 x 10, 70 x 10

Very good set. Painful.

One-handed tricep pushdowns:

130 x 10, 130 x 10, 110 x 12

Rah.

DB front raises:

50 x 8, 45 x 8

Some discomfort, so I took it easy.

Some ab work to finish off.

Diet- excellent!

Sleep- 7.5 hours.

Other- Talked to a girl in there who's an aspiring fitness competitor. Very cool. I think it's kinda funny, because apparently people think she's a b*tch as much as they think I'm an asshole in there, mostly because we NEVER socialize. See? Psychos come in all genders. Anyway, interesting, might talk shop with her later in the week since she trains/talks to a bunch of BBers, fitness competitors, and even powerlifters, so it might be cool to make some connections.

That's it, foos.

fuzz
03-01-2003, 02:12 PM
Other- Talked to a girl in there who's an aspiring fitness competitor. Very cool. I think it's kinda funny, because apparently people think she's a b*tch as much as they think I'm an asshole in there, mostly because we NEVER socialize. See? Psychos come in all genders. Anyway, interesting, might talk shop with her later in the week since she trains/talks to a bunch of BBers, fitness competitors, and even powerlifters, so it might be cool to make some connections.

That's it, foos.

I think pretty much anyone who takes their training seriously is thought of as a bitch/asshole in the gym, as their focus is on lifting/sweating/working and not socializing. I'm sure a lot of people in my gym think I'm aloof or just a jerk cuz I hardly ever chat with the other "regulars" that I see every week. Its not that I don't like talking, its just that I go to the gym to work and sweat, and not to talk. I'm sure wearing headphones all the time doesn't help, either, in that regard.

Alex.V
03-02-2003, 12:42 PM
I was kitty-sitting last night (Yes, actual cat), and, well, it didn't seem to want to let me sleep. I woke up twice to the sounds of destruction, and three times to her chewing on various body parts. So, sleep wasn't the greatest.

But still, not a bad workout considering energy was nil.

I'm going to start squatting with wraps again. Since, well, I can. Took some getting used to today.

Squats:

135 x 10, 225 x 10, 315 x 6, 405 x 10

405 was wrapped. Very good depth on them, I was happy with this set. Pretty tough.

SLDLs:

425 x 10, 425 x 10

No straps, so I chalked up. Not ideal, I'd rather not worry about grip during them, but.. eh.

Leg press:

22 plates x 10, 22 plates x 8

Decent. Not exactly boiling over with strength here.

Calf raises, same weight, two sets of 12. Then another 2 sets on the machine, full stack, 12 reps, ultra-slow.

I'm exhausted. Shoot me now.

Diet- A bit too low in cals, a bit too high in alcohol.

Sleep- 7.5 horrible hours.

That's it.

:help:

MonStar
03-02-2003, 01:21 PM
405 for 10 is awesome squatting strength B, nice work. Really impressive man. I am always really impressed by your friggin' endurance (?) I guess it is. In other words how many reps you can do with a TON of weight.

Keep it up man. :thumbup::thumbup:

Just some girl
03-02-2003, 05:16 PM
I was kitty-sitting last night (Yes, actual cat), and, well, it didn't seem to want to let me sleep.

she's a she, not an it...yet.

and thank you. :)

the doc
03-02-2003, 06:53 PM
lol

Alex.V
03-02-2003, 09:12 PM
Was that just a general, obligatory "lol", mark? :)

the doc
03-02-2003, 09:16 PM
lol@ you having to specify that the "kitty" was a real "cat" :D

the doc
03-02-2003, 09:18 PM
dude btw you would have smoked a lot of the strength tests at the arnold this weekend!
:strong:

rookiebldr
03-02-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by the doc
lol@ you having to specify that the "kitty" was a real "cat" :D

Now that's funny! lol

Common
03-03-2003, 06:08 AM
Holy **** you're strong Belial.

Relentless
03-03-2003, 01:20 PM
I woke up twice to the sounds of destruction, and three times to her chewing on various body parts.

LMAO

That's some sweet prose, B.

Alex.V
03-04-2003, 03:23 PM
Really lackluster workout. Just in a bad mood, rather not talk about it.

So I did back. Whoop de ****ing do.

Weighted pull-ups:

+45 x 10, +90 x 6, +45 x 10

I hate my wrist.

Bi-angular row:

10 plates x 7, 8 plates x 14, 8 plates x 8

Nothing special. Did me nicely, though.

Concentration curls, hammer curls, cable curls. Nothing noteworthy on any of them. Days suck when you, for some reason, expect them to be good, but they turn out to be nothing. And then all the stress that you were hoping said good mood would minimize suddenly hits you like a ton of bricks.

**** me.

Diet- fine.

Sleep- 6.5 hours.

That's it.

chris mason
03-04-2003, 03:47 PM
Well, don't worry too much, you don't seem to have very many bad workouts. Hope whatever was bugging you improves.

the doc
03-04-2003, 06:45 PM
hang in there man! Shi t will turn around... whatever it is :)

Franco
03-05-2003, 10:56 AM
If, in your opinion you are saying that you have probs with lockout the you need to bring your glutes up to par.

MonStar
03-05-2003, 12:02 PM
I was wondering B if you have ever tried cable pull-throughs? Great exercise man... mimicks the sumo-style deadlift completely if you ask me.

WillKuenzel
03-05-2003, 12:13 PM
How do pull-throughs mimick the sumo pull? I thought pull-throughs were more of a variation of the SLDL.

Hope whatever is eating is better B. Is the wrist better?

MonStar
03-05-2003, 12:19 PM
Um... I guess you can do a stiff-legged variation, but I usually take a pretty wide stance close to sumo-style deadlifts.

http://www.weightliftingdiscussion.com/pullthrough.html

The first 2 pictures in that link are a pretty good example of the way that I do them.

Franco
03-05-2003, 01:51 PM
Yes, pull throughs are a great movement but i'm an advocate of using things that very little people seem to use these days including these as well as kneeling squats, zerchers to name but a few

Alex.V
03-06-2003, 12:30 PM
Does anybody know what kind of poundage is needed on pull-throughs to get much benefit? The cables at my gym are a little weak... and I haven't tried them in, oh, well over a year.

Zerchers may be a good idea... but, oh god, if glutes are the issue... can my ass get any bigger? :help:

Still managed to set a PR today, but I think that's it. Yes, the gym was boiling hot. Yes, sleep last night sucked. Yes, I'm a dumbass and thought it would be clever to do lockouts tuesday night when I was at the gym with friends. But no excuse. I pulled, but didn't have an ounce left in me. I feel like somebody beat me all over with nightstick. I am so sore. There wasn't even celebration after the pull, I just wanted to lie down and go to sleep. Mentally I'm a bit exhausted from trying to set a PR every week.

This coincides well with my vacation... I'll be up in jersey next week, and with the crap equipment they got there, I'll never pull a PR. So I'll do some lower weight, higher rep work. Work on form and speed a bit. Maybe skip (or shorten) one of my next two leg workouts. My body needs a bit of a break.

But not too much of one. :D Two weeks from now I want to do the same weight again, just to be sure I got it solid, then I'll progress again.

I hope.

Deadlifts:

135 x 8, 225 x 6, 315 x 4, 405 x 2, 645 x 1 (!)

Rounded my back a little, even. 90% sure I got the lockout, but... only a judge could tell. Couldn't really control the eccentric too well, released.

Ugh, I still feel slightly ill. Saw stars for a good minute.

Lateral raises:

50 x 10, 50 x 8, 45 x 12

Nothing special, though these were very strict.

40 x 10, 55 x 8

Hmm. Got some power to spare here... developing strength nicely. And my shoulder problem? All but gone. :)

DB shrugs:

110x2 x 12, 110x2 x 14

Hold at the top. Had a vein sticking out on my right trap. Between that, my sunburned face, and the level of exertion, I looked like my head was about to pop off. Lovely to look at, I'm sure.

Calf raises, full stack, two sets, 12 reps.

Hanging leg raises, 12 slow ones.

That was it.

Diet- excellent. Though a bit high in fat.

Sleep- 8 hours, but I woke up a few times.

That's about it.

WillKuenzel
03-06-2003, 12:39 PM
Deadlifts:

135 x 8, 225 x 6, 315 x 4, 405 x 2, 645 x 1 (!)Damn you! You progress like crazy.

This coincides well with my vacation... I'll be up in jersey next week, and with the crap equipment they got there, I'll never pull a PR. So I'll do some lower weight, higher rep work. Work on form and speed a bit. Maybe skip (or shorten) one of my next two leg workouts.Yeah, whatever. We've all heard that little bit before. :D

Mik
03-06-2003, 12:43 PM
Damn impressive B! You never cease to amaze.

Franco
03-06-2003, 01:33 PM
Well if you're having probs mainly on the lockout, I'd put money it's your glutes giving you the grief.

I do understancd what you mean about the cables, i ended up braking them whilst trying to do a ghetto-rigged set up. If you do choose these stick to 12-15 rep range, i;m sure the same thing would happen to you, that's why i've swapped over to kneeling squats. I don't think i've ever seen you mention or perform these, you'd like them ALOT:D

Just some girl
03-06-2003, 02:12 PM
if your ass gets bigger, you'll sound like even more of a girl when you go to get dressed. bahahaha.

ahem. sorry.

carolinagirl
03-06-2003, 02:23 PM
Again, what is there to say but 'wow'?

Nice work on the new PR! It sounds like spring break is right on time for you - shoot, you'll probably be pulling 700 after a week off! :D

Have a good vacation.

ectx
03-06-2003, 02:24 PM
I'd like to point out that I predicted this a week ago:

Originally posted by ectx

640!?!?!?!!! Next week I expect to see you add another 5 lbs and come back in and say "I know I was planning on backing off a little...."blah blah blah....LOL...face it, you're an addict. Again...congrats.

I'm psychic mang. Congrats bigass. Your progress and strength is inspirational.

Alex.V
03-08-2003, 12:37 PM
Kneeling squats, eh? Hmm... I know nothing about those.

But thanks everybody. :) Too bad today's workout was still ass. Again, wrist. Though it's getting better.

BB bench:

135 x 10, 225 x 10, 275 x 2, 315 x 2, 335 x 2, 365 x 1, 225 x 10

All reps were good speed, 365 was not so pretty, though. Stability seems to be the main problem, again, because I'm being too ginger. Shoulder is fine, though.

Seated skullcrushers:

175 x 10, 175 x 8

Felt really tough for some reason. Eh.

DB flyes:

75 x 10, 75 x 8, 75 x 8

Ouch. Good feeling. :)

Tricep pushdowns:

245 x 10, 200 x 10, 200 x 8

Feeling really weak at this point. Bleh. No idea why.

DB front raises:

45 x 10, 50 x 10, 55 x 8

Couldn't really push these out too much. But not too terrible.

Overall nothing hugely inspiring... still, decent strength on the bench, considering the way I've been taking it easy. I think doing doubles rather than singles leading up may have fatigued me more than I expected.

And it's a beautiful day. I may sit by the pool. :D

Diet- very good.

Sleep- 8 hours, somewhat broken, but not badly.

PS- It's diet time. I'm in double digits, I'm fairly sure. 10-11% from appearance, I'd wager. Granted, sodium intake has been HUGE, so I'm sure I'm bloated from that, but... bodyweight is too high, we'll leave it at that. :)

BennettBoy
03-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Yep it is a beautiful day today in the Carolinas. I think one could get a tan from the sun today.

What do you weigh now Alex...about 227ish? I commend you on really watching the weight you gain to ensure it is some good LBM. You are amazing LOL.

Franco
03-08-2003, 02:17 PM
Ok, kneeling squats i've found give you immense posterior chain power. The actual movement itself was mainly used by Olympic lifters in the 60's/70's but these days very few people apart from WSB actually uses it.

If you can excuse my drawing in paint then that's all the better.

1. First step is to have the bar at a height you can unrack whilst being on your knees, preferably having maybe a towel on the floor.

2. Once you've unracked the crawl back on your knees with the bar in position and you have either the choice of spreading your legs wide and bringing your glutes to touch the floor or positioning your feet together and your glutes resting upon them.

3. When you go back to starting position the only thing you should be moving is your hips throughout is your hips, so basically your doing a thrusting motion. You might find these akward the first couple of times but they are extremely worth it in my opinion.

A weight that you could do for 6-8 reps will suffice and you'll find that you get use weights approacing or exceeding your normal squats

BCC
03-08-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by BennettBoy

What do you weigh now Alex...about 227ish?

Lol @ 227, if you only knew.

BennettBoy
03-09-2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by BigChaseyChase

Lol @ 227, if you only knew.

Well damn, Alex is holding out on us again. I know he is a BEAST anyway, so its all good. Hey if you can weigh 140 at 9% or 127 at 9% what would you choose haha? B seems to maintain his bodyfat no matter what his weight.

Pup
03-09-2003, 10:04 AM
I'm gonna guess he's at 250 :)

Alex.V
03-09-2003, 10:14 AM
Well, look, like I said, I'm going to cut down on the sodium and up the water... my face looks a little puffy, I'm sure it's diet-related (which has gone down the tube), and like I said, I look more like 10-11% right now. So I'm going to dry out a bit, then step on the scale again before I re-evaluate. This IS important, weight classes and all. So before I go insane and start dieting my ass off, I'm gonna see where I'm really at.

BennettBoy
03-09-2003, 10:43 AM
I meant 240 in my earlier post LOL.

Alex.V
03-09-2003, 01:40 PM
Thought I'd never say this, but...

Good leg day.

Felt weak going in, too. But decided that this was supposed to be a big workout.

Also figured that, since I'm focusing on legal squats, I may as well use wraps. So I wrapped up for my last two sets, and.. well, I think once I get used to them, I may get even stronger.

Squats:

135 x 10, 225 x 8, 315 x 8, 405 x 1, 500 x 2 (!)

PR, because depth was awesome. 405 and 500 were wrapped. Didn't know how much I'd have on 500, but the first rep was smoked. I mean, such a quick ascent that the bar almost wobbled out of control. Second rep was slower, but tight.

And the wraps hurt like a B*TCH!

SLDLs:

405 x 10

Wow, lower back was hurting. Decided to stop these.

Leg press:

22 plates x 8, 20 plates x 10

Enough for me. Knees starting to ache a bit.

Leg curls:

245 x 10, 245 x 9

Failed here. Oww. My hamstrings are so weak. Or abused. One of the two.

Leg extension:

315 x 20something.

Got bored, stopped.

Calf raises, full stack for 3 sets of 12.

That was about it.

Some dude came up to me and said he was captain of a grad school rugby team at duke... said they play in some pretty big tourneys, said I should think about playing, because I'd be great. Gave him my e-mail.... I might check it out.

Diet- Good

Sleep- Bad.

carolinagirl
03-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Nice squat.

Did you happen to watch any basketball today? :D

_-_v_-_
03-09-2003, 08:49 PM
Ouch.

I knew that one was coming :)

carolinagirl
03-09-2003, 09:14 PM
HEY. I refrained from any gloating whatsoever. I'm just making polite conversation.

Alex.V
03-09-2003, 09:17 PM
What I neglected to mention was that my f*cking valeo piece of sh*t lever belt busted open on rep two. I might have had another one in me.

asd;lfkjas;dlgfnjwe;g45oiu8wq3yu4pgoisdfuhgu;p98rhe

:swear:

Now, dear, you were talking about WHAT sport, exactly?

*eye twitches*

carolinagirl
03-09-2003, 09:28 PM
...you were talking about WHAT sport, exactly?

Funny...I could have sworn you used to talk about basketball all the time....

Magnus
03-09-2003, 09:56 PM
At least Duke won't be in the Final Four this year :) ......Hey Belial - have you posted any pics in this 105 page journal?? It's about time Maki call you out on your claimed lift, we need some 650 dead pics! And have you thought of becoming a strongman? :)

MonStar
03-09-2003, 10:13 PM
Nice job B with 500 for a double, impressive man. When you say wrapping I am assuming that youre talking about wrapping up your knees, correct? And this helps with the strain on your knees?

Also you said your belt broke. Do you wear a belt for deadlifts and squats?

MrWebb78
03-09-2003, 10:45 PM
Belial is no strongman, he's just doing his damndest to be like me. maybe someday with lots of hardwork and strict dieting, he can be.

Bonny Lad
03-10-2003, 01:12 AM
Belial gonna start playing rugby? Is that rugby league or rugby union? At 225lbs and <10% bf (or whatever you are now) you'd be about the meanest flanker I've ever seen...

F*cking amazing job on all the lifts by the way, I've never posted in your journal but not from lack of reading it - just didn't want to sound like a lame fanboy. Oh well, too late for that I guess... ;)

WillKuenzel
03-10-2003, 07:55 AM
Nice squating B! Rugby might be fun for ya! Just don't put too many people off on stretchers.

Oh, do you do your bi-angulars rows one arm at a time or both at once? I get a better contraction when doing them 2 handed but a much nicer stretch with one arm.

SWOLE
03-10-2003, 07:58 AM
do you use tight wraps for your knees??? if your knee aches, well it could be from tight knee wraps because those actually push the knee cap into the joint and slowly wears away at the knee cap. excess inflamation and all that good stuff might be some cause of pain, and a smaller knee cap over time...

ectx
03-10-2003, 12:08 PM
Duke is making me lose money for the second year in a row, homes. That's not cool.

oh yeah, nice squattin'.

heathj
03-10-2003, 12:29 PM
I don't play because of my hip, but i know a bunch of rugby players at my school. I party with them. All of them are f*cking awesome...cool guys. Big parties and I love their songs...

Narcissus
03-10-2003, 03:11 PM
Not to sound arrogant, but... nobody in that place works harder than I do.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pup
03-10-2003, 03:18 PM
um rugby eh alex...you do realize that sport involves running.

carolinagirl
03-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Duke is making me lose money for the second year in a row, homes. That's not cool.

Remember this at tourney time next year, ec. Maybe it'll save you a little cash.

Alex.V
03-10-2003, 09:03 PM
CG- I don't believe I've EVER discussed basketball with you. :) Besides, my four years at Duke as an undergrad are up. These whippersnappers playing now... I don't even know their names.

okay, that's a lie. But it's weird.. they don't feel like "my" team anymore. *sigh*

ec- I'll talk to coach K about that.

Magnus, I AM feeling the pressure to put up some dead pics... next week I'll make sure I got 645, then maybe take some pics of 650 the next (whether I lock out or not). I gotta find a working battery for my olympus c-21, and reconfigure the software, but.. sh*t, physique shots are gay (just kiddin, y'all), but LIFTING shots are cool.

HY- lol, it does look like a fun game. I want to hit people. Hard. And I do them two handed... for the stretch, I gots my DB rows (when my wrist is healthy). Think one handed is worth a shot?

Swole, Monstar: I deadlift with no belt. Hence the phrase "Nothing but chalk". :) Just me and the bar. On my heavy set of squats, I use a belt. And this is only the second week in quite a few months where I've wrapped my knees. I'm not sure what kind of knee problems I have, they're fine 99% of the time. Just after some heavy squatting they're a little sore.

Narc- Dude, your 140 pound big suit is not inspiration enough.

Ass. lol. Never crossed your mind that I wasn't talking about you guys, did it? :D After all, how could you NOT be the topic of all conversation.

big suit wearing motherf*cker.

Rob- Yeah. at other people. With the intent to kill them. I mean, I think there's a ball involved, but that's not why I'd play. :D

Bonnylad- No idea of details. All the guy said was that he ran the team for the grad schools here. :) And thanks, bro.

Heath- Of course, that's why I'd fit in perfect.

MrWebb- wank. *hides face in envy*

MrWebb78
03-10-2003, 09:09 PM
jk B your deadlift whoops mine thanks to my back probs, and im barely ahead of you in the other lifts! maybe if i work hard enough and eat right, we can be like Narc

Alex.V
03-10-2003, 09:14 PM
I don't think he'd accept that. At all. But we can try!!

By the way, what ARE your stats/lifts? I know you're a big dude (because of all those steer-oids), and I know you can lift a lot (on the internet, at least). But numbers?

PowerManDL
03-10-2003, 09:14 PM
I can lift the whole Internet.

MrWebb78
03-10-2003, 09:20 PM
ok stats (guess i should start my own journal so i dont have to try and steal your thunder)

height:6'2 weight: 289(at the doc today)
arms:19.25" Thighs: 31" (measured 5 inches above knee)
calves: 17.5" :( waist:35"
penis:6.5"(damn irish curse)

those are from late january before i lost the tape

bench:390(westside style, dont bench like this now)
squat:535(from 16" bench which takes me to parallel, but not below)
leg press:1085x6
dead:445 (dont have the balls to try anymore than that, cuz of back condition)

dont know what other lifts people really pay attention to, but thats a start.

btw, my penis measurement was LIMP!

PowerManDL
03-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Congratulations. That means you'll hurt any girl that hasn't had more men than public restroom.

Alex.V
03-10-2003, 09:23 PM
Yeah, start your own journal, that's a good idea. :)

How long you been training, man? Those are some good poundages you're moving.

btw, nice calf/arm ratio. I feel your pain, believe me. lol

Alex.V
03-10-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
Congratulations. That means you'll hurt any girl that hasn't had more men than public restroom.

What he's neglecting to mention is that he's never managed to get it hard.

MrWebb78
03-10-2003, 09:34 PM
lmao never hard, or even laid!!!

jk on both accounts

ive been training "right" for about 2 years....but been hittin weights off and on from 15-22, now more seriously, so i can someday look like Narc

Budiak
03-10-2003, 10:29 PM
I dont think the quality of rug is their main concern. I think they're more worried about using too much teeth.

Oh, God... Dude, I hate you.

Narcissus
03-10-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by MrWebb78
ok stats (guess i should start my own journal so i dont have to try and steal your thunder)

height:6'2 weight: 289(at the doc today)

tuttut better up my calories to 20,000/day before you get any closer :burger: :burger: :burger: :burger: :burger: :burger:

Narcissus
03-10-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Budiak
I dont think the quality of rug is their main concern. I think they're more worried about using too much teeth.

Oh, God... Dude, I hate you.

haha, this is turning into a good thread now :D

edit: jeez, my previous post was deleted swiftly :(

SWOLE
03-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Havent you been in the gym training the right way for more than 1.5 years now??

MrWebb78
03-10-2003, 11:15 PM
lemme break it down then, one last post about me before Belial hurts me for stealing his thread.

i did weight training for PE in high school(15-18, not very intelligent lifting)

then from 19-21 it was on and off mostly flex style overtraining

and from 22 til present ive actually read books, threads, info on whats right and wrong and doin it right

ok now ill definately start my own journal, just had to prove how egocentric i was by overtaking B's thread!!!! i win win!

Alex.V
03-10-2003, 11:17 PM
lol. You haven't overtaken sh*t, little boy. :D *kick*

Get your own sandbox.

Swole, I've been training right since I started this journal. I'll change it to 2 years when the time comes. Prior, I hardly trained at all. Read: I didn't.

MrWebb78
03-10-2003, 11:25 PM
I'm sorry sir, I'll be leaving now.

Alex.V
03-10-2003, 11:26 PM
You DAAAMN right.

Narcissus
03-10-2003, 11:37 PM
ok now ill definately start my own journal, just had to prove how egocentric i was by overtaking B's thread!!!! i win win!

maybe i'll start my own too, just to give both of you a lesson in egocentricity :)

Magnus
03-11-2003, 01:13 AM
MrWebb 19.25" arms - nice! Belial you can top that right? :) Can't wait to see the bar on the 650 Dead.

MrWebb78
03-11-2003, 07:01 AM
awwwww why you gotta be editing my posts!

hey B where did you get yer name from. you either know something about satanic culture or got it from music that does right?

Alex.V
03-11-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Magnus
MrWebb 19.25" arms - nice! Belial you can top that right? :) Can't wait to see the bar on the 650 Dead.

Naw, he's got me by a bit. But mine are single digit bf. :) And I can't wait to see the bar either! My eyes are usually closed, or vision is blurred out of sheer agony when I pull a max.

MrWebb, this is my journal and I am power hungry. I can edit whatever I damn well please. muahaha.

And I do know something of satanism/satanic culture. But my interest in the name comes purely from paradise lost. After reading a bit more on the figure... I think he's my hero. lol.

Reinier
03-11-2003, 08:50 AM
u just passed 67000 views.

this thread is a beast.

Narcissus
03-11-2003, 11:12 AM
awwwww why you gotta be editing my posts!

hey, at least yours only got edited - mine just got flat-out deleted :(

Alex.V
03-11-2003, 11:48 AM
Hey, imagine this! An actual workout in my journal.

So I'm back in Jersey at my old piece o' **** gym. Which is even more of a piece o' **** now that I'm no longer working there (and most of the good trainers have left)

It's becoming more of a "fitness center".... all the free weights are now downstairs, they play soft rock/ R&B, and though they have brand new dumbbells, the plates are all 10+ years old, and none of them are the same brand/size/shape. So ghetto.

Anyway, the pull-up bar was way too shaky, and they didn't have a hammer strength row, so I did what I could.

Weighted pull-ups:

+45 x 12

The bar actually started to sag. I figured this wasn't good, so I stopped here. God damn it. These were actually feeling strong, too.

Dumbbell rows:

180 x 8/8, 180 x 7/6, 160 x 12/11

Not bad. I wrapped my right wrist up pretty tight and gripped the end of the bench when rowing on my left side.. didn't hurt at all.

BB rows:

315 x 8, 335 x 7

Figured it was okay to do these, since my deads on thursday really WILL be light. I feel like such a damn novice sometimes, though... I don't do a lift for a few weeks (or, well, months), and it's like learning it all over again.

Concentration curls:

50 x 8/8, 45 x 10/10

Hammer curls:

75 x 7/7, 65 x 8/8, 60 x 10/7

whoa. Power dropoff on the left side. Kept going with the right, (they're alternating curls) but on those last 3 reps the right hand took it up, and the left only got about halfway. Pushed it, but none were full reps.

I am so weak.

Did some rotator stuff, called it a day.

Diet- CRAP! :D Give me a break, I drove 8 hours yesterday. Wendy's triple cheeseburgers RULE!

Sleep- 7.5 hours.

I have some great stories to tell, but I won't tell them here.

Dat's it.

WillKuenzel
03-11-2003, 12:00 PM
Wendy's triple cheeseburgers RULE!Depending on where you are it can range from 89 to 94 to double the beef on those bad boys.

Good luck training at the old gym.

MrWebb78
03-11-2003, 01:55 PM
hey B when i open my journal you can tell your stories there!

ectx
03-11-2003, 02:17 PM

Anyway, the pull-up bar was way too shaky, and they didn't have a hammer strength row, so I did what I could.

At least you had a real chinup bar. When I went home I had to use a lopsided Smith machine for chins. Not too many options in Hicksville Texas. Quit your whining, you pansy.

Miss Rezza
03-11-2003, 02:43 PM

I am so weak.

If this isn't Alex fishing for a compliment i don't know what is!! :p

SWOLE
03-11-2003, 03:25 PM
nice job on the DB rows, where I lift, the DB's only go up to 130, so its sucks... you are pretty weak though...

galileo
03-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Homorific!

evolu2art
03-12-2003, 12:55 AM
Belial next time you post your workout you should either post one where you moved some weight or lie and say that you moved some weight. Come on man I have an injured back and I was bbell rowing 405 at a body weight 20 lbs less than you today. Come on bro, I expect more out of you :)

See you back at school in a few.
-aed

MonStar
03-12-2003, 09:03 AM
LOL @ evolu2art, if youre being serious, thats f*ckin' crazy man. 20 lbs. less than Belial is what in the 205 lbs. region. And youre doing barbell rows with 405? Doubt it..

Alex.V
03-12-2003, 09:21 AM
Rezza, dear, I never fish for them. But you're welcome to give me one anyway. ;)

Swole- I got an olympic dumbbell handle. How cool is that.

Anthony, wtf are you doing barbell rowing with an injured trap?

And on that row... you DID actually move the bar, right? Bending over with it doesn't count as a rep.

Monstar, he's actually about 100 pounds lighter than I am. He hopes to crack the big 1-4-0 by the end of the semester. Skinny biatch. He's also a compulsive liar. Hangs out with big guys because "He likes big beef" (I think those were his words).

:)

Narcissus
03-12-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by MonStar
LOL @ evolu2art, if youre being serious, thats f*ckin' crazy man. 20 lbs. less than Belial is what in the 205 lbs. region. And youre doing barbell rows with 405? Doubt it..

MonStar, he is being serious. evolu2art is actually my workout partner here at school, and, though i am sure my verifying his weight is trivial since i apparently lie about everything (:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ), i am sure alex (belial) could also vouch for it. why some people have such a hard time accepting that others are much stronger (or in my case, better) than they are, i will never understand.

carolinagirl
03-12-2003, 11:34 PM
I want Narcissus to start a journal. I'm all ready - I've bought my little rug and everything.

Narcissus
03-13-2003, 12:53 AM
I want Narcissus to start a journal. I'm all ready - I've bought my little rug and everything.

awe, that's so sweet :cry:

i am actually thinking about it...but i know the thread will get locked and deleted really swiftly :(

Alex.V
03-14-2003, 12:01 PM
You guys crack me up.

Sorry, nothing wittier than that. I am exhausted beyond belief.

But! I DID go light on deadlifts today! Good thing, this old gym with the plates that don't match, trying to get the thing to sit still was a task in itself.

Also, rubber coated floor = bad for deads. I had to stop and re-set for over a second between reps so that it didn't bounce up (or away).

Deadlifts:

135 x 8, 225 x 8, 315 x 4, 405 x 2, 545 x 4

When I first got 315 on, and pulled, my body said "You have to be kidding me". 3 hours of sleep last night, I could barely walk up and down stairs. So... 545 was tough. Worse than I expected. THe pause didn' help, but still, I think I could have gotten 6-7 were I feeling better.

But still, I'm not too disappointed. My glutes were definitely still sore from my last leg workout. Taking this sunday off from legs will be good. I definitely need the break.

Dumbbell Upright rows:

100x2 x 6, 100x2 x 4, 75x2 x 8

Not bad. I'm amazed the 100's came up. Hurt my wrist like a biatch, though.

Lateral raises:

50's x 10, 50's x 12, 45's x 8

Some dude at this point asked me if I was a professional bodybuilder. I cracked up. I am flattered beyond belief, but it still goes to show that some dudes have really never stood next to a true bber and seen how large they are. So we talked powerlifting, diet, injuries, and the like for a while. Not too many hard core people in that gym, but I'm amazed at how open-minded and humble some of the guys were. Ended up talking to five or six guys at once, and not a single attitude.

50's x 10, 50's x 8

Rah.

Did some seated calf raises with 5 plates, got about 6 before my right calf cramped up and threatened to kill me. Did some hanging leg raises, standing superslow calf raises with the stack, and got out of there.

Diet- too low in calories, too high in Chinese food.

Sleep- 3 hours.

That's it.

Me go die now.

rookiebldr
03-14-2003, 12:43 PM
Some dude at this point asked me if I was a professional bodybuilder. I cracked up. I am flattered beyond belief, but it still goes to show that some dudes have really never stood next to a true bber and seen how large they are. So we talked powerlifting, diet, injuries, and the like for a while. Not too many hard core people in that gym, but I'm amazed at how open-minded and humble some of the guys were. Ended up talking to five or six guys at once, and not a single attitude.

Yes, there are gym people out there, even when in groups, who do not have attitude. The pro bber is still a rare breed and so it is difficult to get accurate comparison. Great to see you helping out as per usual. :)

ectx
03-14-2003, 02:03 PM
Not too many hard core people in that gym, but I'm amazed at how open-minded and humble some of the guys were. Ended up talking to five or six guys at once, and not a single attitude.

What...people who lift and don't have huge egos!?!?!?!?!?!!!! Say it ain't so.

Funny how I look at how things went for you this time and I've gotten use to seeing huge PR's week in and out...and even though what you've posted is beyond pretty damned good, I've gotten spoiled. LOL. No 650 deadlift? pfft, weak B, freaking weak. LOL.

Hey Narc...stronger, yes; Better, no. :cool:

Narcissus
03-14-2003, 04:51 PM

What...people who lift and don't have huge egos!?!?!?!?!?!!!! Say it ain't so.

Funny how I look at how things went for you this time and I've gotten use to seeing huge PR's week in and out...and even though what you've posted is beyond pretty damned good, I've gotten spoiled. LOL. No 650 deadlift? pfft, weak B, freaking weak. LOL.

Hey Narc...stronger, yes; Better, no. :cool:

i'll make sure he goes for (and gets) 650 this coming week :)

yes, ectx, better, much better.

MrWebb78
03-14-2003, 08:25 PM
damn Narc you gunna cut his meat for him too? lol:)

Narcissus
03-15-2003, 01:43 AM
damn Narc you gunna cut his meat for him too? lol:)

i am not sure if this has some hidden innuendos...so just to be on the safe side - i am disgusted tuttut

Reinier
03-15-2003, 02:23 AM
"Narcissistic
Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by self-centeredness. Like histrionic disorder, people with this disorder seek attention and praise. They exaggerate their achievements, expecting others to recongize them as being superior. They tend to be choosy about picking friends, since they believe that not just anyone is worthy of being their friend. They tend to make good first impressions, yet have difficulty maintaining long-lasting relationships. They are generally uninterested in the feelings of others and may take advantage of them."

Alex.V
03-15-2003, 10:44 AM
Um, thanks Reinier.

MrWebb, I also think that was laden with perverseness. You digust me, sir.

Narc, after this week's workouts, I'll be amazed if I pull 500.

I felt like falling asleep today. 3 hours two nights ago.... 6.5 hours last night. Not enough. So when I lay down for my first bench set, I knew I was in trouble. Just felt nothing on all my sets. Yuck. I need sleep. Big time.

BB bench:

135 x 12, 225 x 10, 315 x 2, 335 x 4, 315 x 2

Didn't go any heavier, 335 felt like a god damn ton. The last rep had fingertip assist, I think. He touched, said he didn't lift, but it felt lighter.

Blah.

Seated skullcrushers:

175 x 10, 175 x 12

Not too bad. Wrist bugging me a little, though. Made it hard to get a comfortable grip.

DB flyes:

70's x 12, 70's x 10, 70's x 9

Solid, actually. Nice width, good form.

One handed pushdowns:

150 x 10/10, 130 x 10/10, 110 x 8/8

Reverse grip:

100 x 8/8

Whee. Focused on making these fast, actually. I mean, each rep explosive rather than slow.

DB front raises:

45 x 10, 50 x 11

Wow, actually felt a solid burn after these, which is rare. They were tight. I saw a vein sticking out on my right anterior delt, and I thouht it was so cool looking that I didn't want to stop. hmm. I really DO need sleep.

Seated tricep pushdown:

275 x 12 (stack).

This was upstairs in the machine area. There was this dude on the biceps curl maching who was looking at me like I was insane.

coo.

Diet- Pretty damn bad. Not enough calories.

Sleep- nowhere near f*cking enough.

That's it. ugh.,

MrWebb78
03-15-2003, 10:49 AM
whats up with your sleep lately? staying up thinking about me too much? i could ship you some zanaflex thatd put you out for at least 10 hours

Alex.V
03-15-2003, 11:23 AM
You're not kidding on the meds, are you? I could use some.

But no, I don't stay up thinking about you because I know you'll be in my dreams, girlfriend.

I just been staying out too late, and haven't had the luxury of sleeping in.

It sucks.

It really does. And next week's going to be busy, too. I need a f*cking vacation from my vacation.

Narcissus
03-15-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Reinier
"Narcissistic
Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by self-centeredness. Like histrionic disorder, people with this disorder seek attention and praise. They exaggerate their achievements, expecting others to recongize them as being superior. They tend to be choosy about picking friends, since they believe that not just anyone is worthy of being their friend. They tend to make good first impressions, yet have difficulty maintaining long-lasting relationships. They are generally uninterested in the feelings of others and may take advantage of them."

i would say that all is pretty accurate, except for exaggerating achievements. i have no need whatsoever to do that.

Narcissus
03-15-2003, 12:26 PM
oh yeah, alex, the "i hate frat boys" t-shirts came in :D

carolinagirl
03-15-2003, 06:01 PM
I found out today that a guy I know works out at Wilson Rec. Of course he knows who you are (what he said was, "THAT guy? He's HUGE!") I told him you were actually pretty nice (despite all appearances to the contrary) (;)), so he may introduce himself.

I told him you don't bite. Don't make me a liar.

oh yeah....nice game tonight. :cry:

No gloating. tuttut

Alex.V
03-17-2003, 08:43 PM
He doesn't bite. But tell the guy not to stare at him.

Narcissus
03-17-2003, 08:52 PM
He doesn't bite. But tell the guy not to stare at him.

i think she was talking about him coming up and talking to you alex. but, i coud be wrong. who knows? what i do know, is that she is scared of my poops.

Alex.V
03-17-2003, 08:55 PM
Oh, really? Weird. For some reason, since most comments of hers were addressed to you, I figured she was talking to you again. See? Even I think the world revolves around you.

Yes! I'm really nice! Really! Just don't drop the dumbbells if they weigh under 50 pounds. There's no excuse for some things, and it doesn't pay to try to be badass if you're using the 50's.

Budiak
03-17-2003, 08:56 PM
Wait, who stares at his poops?

I'm confused as hell...

Alex.V
03-17-2003, 08:56 PM
Plus I figured that I'm not 'huge', and you, well, are.

MrWebb78
03-17-2003, 09:00 PM
I'm huge where it counts

MrWebb78
03-17-2003, 09:00 PM
hey B i dedicated a post to you in the "soundtrack of your life" thread....you should check it out

Narcissus
03-17-2003, 09:04 PM
Oh, really? Weird. For some reason, since most comments of hers were addressed to you, I figured she was talking to you again. See? Even I think the world revolves around you.

sounds accurate to me. but she does not know what i look like, so that is why i figured it was you. i mean, my stats are obviously falsified, especially since chris mason exposed me as being a fraud, an internet fraud, who concocted a scheme with you to exaggerate my achievements so i can impress people on an internet bodybuilding board :rolleyes:

sometimes i look at myself (okay, oftentimes look at myself) and i think: "wow, you are such a liar. i cannot believe how much you lie. would you please stop lying for once in your life? you disgust me. just stop lying. please. just stop lying to people."

**edited again, so your sorry ass doesn't get banned**

Alex.V
03-17-2003, 09:07 PM
hey B i dedicated a post to you in the "soundtrack of your life" thread....you should check it out \

ooooooh!

:swear:

I am so editing that sh!t.

carolinagirl
03-17-2003, 09:10 PM
No, silly, I meant you. (You, Belial. Not you, Narc.) Wait, now I'm confused.

*backs out, checks name on journal*

See, this is just one of the many reasons why Narcissus should start his own journal.

ANYWAY, this guy (named Al) doesn't drop dumbbells, I don't think. Or stare. He is a martial arts instructor, and apparently he kicks pretty much ass, so you could bust out some of your kung fu **** on him, just for fun.

(And you are, too, huge. Maybe not when you stand next to Narc, but compared to the rest of the free world, you're huge.) (And you'll be especially huge next to this guy, because he is about 5'5".)

And yes! I agree! You are really nice! Really!

I never thought otherwise. Why all the exclamation points?

Budiak
03-17-2003, 09:14 PM
sounds accurate to me. but she does not know what i look like, so that is why i figured it was you. i mean, my stats are obviously falsified, especially since chris mason exposed me as being a fraud, an internet fraud, who concocted a scheme with you to exaggerate my achievements so i can impress people on an internet bodybuilding board

sometimes i look at myself (okay, oftentimes look at myself) and i think: "wow, you are such a liar. i cannot believe how much you lie. would you please stop lying for once in your life? you disgust me. just stop lying. please. just stop lying to people."

i guess it is easy to be a sh*t detector when your favorite passtime is tossing salads. i mean, i do not dabble in an early morning leather donut, but far be it for me to doubt his proficiency.

Sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays.

If its any consolation, Narc, he used to be the 'asshole' detector, but it kept going off. Like, all the time, even when he was alone. I guess he returned it or something.

kook
03-17-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Narcissus

sounds accurate to me. but she does not know what i look like, so that is why i figured it was you. i mean, my stats are obviously falsified, especially since chris mason exposed me as being a fraud, an internet fraud, who concocted a scheme with you to exaggerate my achievements so i can impress people on an internet bodybuilding board :rolleyes:

i guess it is easy to be a sh*t detector when your favorite passtime is tossing salads. i mean, i do not dabble in an early morning leather donut, but far be it for me to doubt his proficiency.

:angel:

belial.. sorry this is the first time i posted in your journal
but i had to say this was the funniest thing ive read in a long time

MrWebb78
03-17-2003, 09:16 PM
If its any consolation, Narc, he used to be the 'asshole' detector, but it kept going off. Like, all the time, even when he was alone. I guess he returned it or something.

oh god im gunna piss myself. yall are too much

Narcissus
03-17-2003, 09:19 PM

...dabble in an early morning leather donut...

i cannot stop reading that...i think it is definitely funnier than the prayer rug.

Narcissus
03-17-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by kook

belial.. sorry this is the first time i posted in your journal
but i had to say this was the funniest thing ive read in a long time

thanks :thumbup: too bad some of the other very funny things i've written have been deleted :(

oh, the price of great comedy.

IceRgrrl
03-18-2003, 05:46 AM
Glad you had an enjoyable spring break and managed to get in some sleep-deprived workouts as well...sometimes it feels good just to stick with the routine even when you know you're not 100 % :)

And I see you've picked up some new "fans" since the last time I dropped by... :p

rookiebldr
03-18-2003, 08:57 AM

thanks :thumbup: too bad some of the other very funny things i've written have been deleted :(

oh, the price of great comedy.

Someday, we may all understand true comedy. :)

chris mason
03-18-2003, 10:08 AM
Narc, you have it rather all wrong. I never said your stats were a lie, I said that if your story was true, you were not natural. That is all. People with average frames do not get to be 322 lbs at 6' in height, with a 38" waist without the use of drugs. You know, that reminds me of something, YOUR CLAIMED STATS MAKE YOU BIGGER THAN BILL KAZMAIER AT HIS PEAK. Take a look at the following link, it lists Bill's stats. He weighed between 322-350 lbs at 6'3", with a 40" waist. You claim to be natural, weigh just as much at 3" less in height, and have a 2" smaller waist.

http://www.mcshane-enterprises.com/ASL/kaz.html

Obviously I really hit a nerve, or you would not keep obsessing about me, and mentioning me. The gay remarks don't bother me as I am a married man, yes, to a woman. You can keep mentioning me if it makes you feel better, but I wish you would get the facts straight when mentioning what I did, or did not say to you.

MrWebb78
03-18-2003, 11:29 AM
chris dont knock others just because you dont have the genetics or the capabilities to achieve what some of us can.

his "story" may be far fetched, but thats the beauty behind it, its RARE. normally it may be hard to believe, but im closing in on 300 lbs, without ever touching roids, or even creatine for that matter.

so from a personal perspective on the whole situation, you envy the people who can naturally crush you.

Narcissus
03-18-2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by chris mason
Narc, you have it rather all wrong. I never said your stats were a lie, I said that if your story was true, you were not natural. That is all. People with average frames do not get to be 322 lbs at 6' in height, with a 38" waist without the use of drugs. You know, that reminds me of something, YOUR CLAIMED STATS MAKE YOU BIGGER THAN BILL KAZMAIER AT HIS PEAK. Take a look at the following link, it lists Bill's stats. He weighed between 322-350 lbs at 6'3", with a 40" waist. You claim to be natural, weigh just as much at 3" less in height, and have a 2" smaller waist.

http://www.mcshane-enterprises.com/ASL/kaz.html

Obviously I really hit a nerve, or you would not keep obsessing about me, and mentioning me. The gay remarks don't bother me as I am a married man, yes, to a woman. You can keep mentioning me if it makes you feel better, but I wish you would get the facts straight when mentioning what I did, or did not say to you.

regardless of whether you said i was lying about my stats or lying about my natural status, you said i was a liar. yes, this did strike a nerve, as it is the worst thing i can imagine being called. i have no need to exaggerate my achievements. i will never exaggerate my achievements.

i will write this next part like it is 2 weeks ago when the original thread was written.

i went to the website you linked. and yes, although my waist is 2 inches smaller than his, and my chest is the same size, his biceps, thighs, and neck are all 2 inches bigger than mine, and his calves are 1 inches bigger. additionally, from his pictures, i would say that he naturally has a thicker midsection than me. my waist was 31-32 inches when i began at 181 lbs.

all that being said, i can no longer claim to be natural. i began my cycle last sunday. if you want to see it, you can look over in the "best winstrol" thread in the anabolic zone forum. also, if you would like, i could link you to a thread of mine on mesomorphosis from january garnering advice for my first cycle. in it, i list my stats there as well. (although, perhaps, it could be argued, that i have an index card with all my lies on it, that i use to perpetuate my status on the internet).

MrWebb78
03-18-2003, 11:45 AM
liar

Narcissus
03-18-2003, 11:48 AM
liar

:swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:
:shoot: MrWebb

Budiak
03-18-2003, 01:37 PM
God, could someone talk about Belial in here for a change?

Narcissus
03-18-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Budiak
God, could someone talk about Belial in here for a change?
no.

MrWebb78
03-18-2003, 01:41 PM
why hes not as funny as narc.

the doc
03-18-2003, 01:54 PM
who the fuk is this belial cvharacter?

MrWebb78
03-18-2003, 02:19 PM
just some wank

ectx
03-18-2003, 02:25 PM
I thought YOU were the wank. He's the balding midget.

WillKuenzel
03-18-2003, 02:38 PM
LOL, he's been posting in here so much he's forgotten who he is.

Budiak
03-18-2003, 03:01 PM
Now I will do a dance.

*dances

WillKuenzel
03-18-2003, 03:06 PM
*plays polka music*

rookiebldr
03-18-2003, 03:55 PM
Something a little faster, please.

WillKuenzel
03-18-2003, 03:57 PM
*thrashes out some death metal*

*starts mosh pit*

Magnus
03-18-2003, 04:19 PM
Hey Narc you posted any pics?? Your stats are quite impressive. Sorry to clog up your journal B - delete this once Narc responds.

PowerManDL
03-18-2003, 04:26 PM
LOL

B doesn't have a post on this whole page.

Alex.V
03-18-2003, 04:27 PM
God damn it, people. Stop degenerating!

Don't make me kick all your asses. Simultaneously.

*throws HY's accordion at MrWebb*

Oh, and I'm not as funny as Narc, but I'm prettier.

Back workout!

Weighted pull-ups:

+45 x 10, +90 x 8, +100 x 6

Nothing spectacular here. Wrist a little sore. Yuck.

Bi-angular row:

10 plates + 50 pounds x 6

10 plates x 6

Strip set:

10 plates x 5
8 plates x 8
6 plates x 8
4 plates x 8

Ouch.

Not a hell of a lot of weight, but the straight sets and shorter rest periods were tiring.

Cable pullover-things.

100 x 10, 120 x 10

Felt easy. I need to concentrate on these next time to see how my form looks. Definitely felt em in my lats, though.

Concentration curls with 50's, hammer curls with 75's, cable curls with the stack.

Pumped my gunz, yo.

I felt small early in the workout. I felt big later in the workout.

I think I'm insane.

Diet- Good, though low in calories.

Sleep- better than I thought it would be, since I skipped lab this morning. Whoops.

That's about it.

Alex.V
03-18-2003, 04:28 PM
PS- crap is going to start getting cropped from here.

MonStar
03-18-2003, 04:34 PM
Nice rowing strength B! Impressive weights as usual. Good luck getting that wrist to heal up.

Ever consider some glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM? The 3 together work great if you ask me.

In a bit higher doses than what the bottles recommend.

Budiak
03-18-2003, 06:09 PM
Lab sucks anyways. I didnt go to lab more than 5 times in my photo class last semester and I got a damn A.

Nuts to labs.

BTW wtf is a biangular row? Is that the Hammer Strength machine?

Narcissus
03-18-2003, 07:45 PM
why hes not as funny as narc.

what do you mean i'm funny? how am i funny? you mean the way i talk? do i amuse you? how the fuk am i funny? you mean funny like a clown? like i am here for your amusement? what the fuk do you mean i'm funny?

Narcissus
03-18-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Magnus
Hey Narc you posted any pics?? Your stats are quite impressive. Sorry to clog up your journal B - delete this once Narc responds.

no, i won't post any pics until i am complete. no progression pics. only completion pics.

Narcissus
03-18-2003, 07:48 PM
Oh, and I'm not as funny as Narc, but I'm prettier.

right. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

oh, and you know your back workout would have been much better if you had waited until 6:30 when i went.

Alex.V
03-18-2003, 08:43 PM
I am. Much. Prettier.

Monstar, I'm taking MSM, but no glucosamine. The actual injury was bone damage to one of the metacarpals. Just needs time.

Narcissus
03-18-2003, 08:54 PM
i have my own journal up now. everybody head over there. leave belial to his dementia here.

Alex.V
03-18-2003, 08:54 PM
lol. Jackass.

MrWebb78
03-18-2003, 09:34 PM
nice to see Belial in his own journal again! I missed ya!

Budiak
03-19-2003, 07:06 PM
*walks in

*looks around

*walks out

MonStar
03-20-2003, 08:58 AM
Am I losing my mind or does it feel like youre not working out that often? It seems like you used to post workouts all the time and lately youre not. Maybe I am going crazy with all the extra posts here lately.

B, yeah MSM is great stuff. My boss is a nutritionist and from I understand you can up your intake of MSM extremely high without having any negative side-effects.

evolu2art
03-20-2003, 09:27 AM
Actually, Belial is deadlifting today at 1:30 with Narc going in with him to watch. I mean honestly who wouldn't want to see the comedy of a 244 lb guy pulling the pink weights. :D :D :D

-aed

Alex.V
03-20-2003, 01:33 PM
Yeah, and I missed my lift because I'm a f*cking p*ssy.

I was really in the zone when I started out, but I think I took too long between sets, and was cooling down a little bit when I went for my max. Focus was better, but bar speed was slow.

Monstar, the only workout I missed was Sunday's.

Deadlifts, sumo, chalk only:

135 x 6, 225 x 6, 315 x 6, 425 x 2, 650 x .9

lol. 1-2 inches from lockout. Got it up, it was coming, shoulda had it. Started hitching, realized that made it invalid, couldn't thrust the hips forward, so I dropped it. Next week it is mine! So damn close, my lockout is still strong, I was just a wuss. Narc witnessed it... and next week he'll witness when I f*cking smoke that sh*t.

Conventional, chalk only:

495 x 1

Very easy. Probably have another 50-60 pounds in me conventional. And this was shortly after my max attempt.

Back to sumo, chalk only:

495 x 6

Could have had more, but I was in serious pain.

Lateral raises:

50 x 12, 55 x 8, 50 x 8, 45 x 6, immediately went to

45 x 8, 50 x 10

Not too bad. Traps and rear delts were sore as hell, though. And my lat cramped up during my

DB shrugs:

110x2 x 26

Stopped due to pain. Lat pain. God damn it.

Two sets of perfect hanging leg raises, toes to ceiling (10/8 reps)

That was it.

Diet- excellent.

Sleep- 8.5 hours.

That's about it, yo. Feeling good.

Fudomyo
03-20-2003, 02:01 PM
Don't forget your Mg with the Tren. Helps with cramping I hear.

(if your not taking any, just lie to us would ya)

Alex.V
03-20-2003, 02:02 PM
lmao. I wish. In all honesty, if I didn't want to do a USAPL meet in the non-too distant future, I would be on a cycle the likes of which you all have never seen.

galileo
03-20-2003, 02:10 PM
Just have Narc sweat on you. He has enough gear in his system to give you some second-hand effects.

WillKuenzel
03-20-2003, 02:13 PM
LOL, you missed it enough to piss you off so you could get it next week.

Narc's lats were cramping, your's are cramping... I wonder if there is some kind of connection.

In all honesty, if I didn't want to do a USAPL meet in the non-too distant future, I would be on a cycle the likes of which you all have never seen.Anything like the infantry that Narc posted? That looked like good amount of stuff.

Alex.V
03-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Minus the deca, plus some other good stuff. :) I'd probably hit a gram a week of test, some tren, some dbol to start off.... not sure what else.

And yeah. it pissed me off. big time. I HAD it, god damn it.

MrWebb78
03-20-2003, 04:09 PM
well apparently you DIDNT have it!

at any rate, let me put up the stereotypical wbb post:
"hey bro lookin strong man! grat strength awesome gains bro woo!"

now for my post:

whats up with lat pain lately? is it contagious? i dont think i spelled that right. at any rate, how do you do your lateral raises...arms barely bent or arms at a 90* angle, just curious, cuz i can only do like half that weight on my raises, i use an almost straight arm.

carolinagirl
03-20-2003, 04:20 PM
Two sets of perfect hanging leg raises, toes to ceiling (10/8 reps)

I still don't see how you do these. I can't get my legs up higher than a 90 degree angle with the rest of me (parallel to floor). Is it lower back muscles or hip flexors or sheer brutal ab strength that gets them up the rest of the way? (And how can I get some of whatever it is?)

Also, I second MrWebb's question about the lateral raises. I've always wondered which way was right.

Relentless
03-20-2003, 04:26 PM
how do you do your lateral raises...arms barely bent or arms at a 90* angle, just curious, cuz i can only do like half that weight on my raises, i use an almost straight arm.

90* angle? You mean like those 455clowns that look like a chicken flapping its wings when they do lat raises?

Nah, I can't see B doing 'em like that.

Slight elbow bend is good. Like 10-15 degrees, tops. (i.e. the angle between the upper and lower arm is something like 165 degrees).

I can get 40lbers up for a set, which ain't that far behind B and I'm not that strong. If you're not progressing on lateral raises, try focusing on your elbow when you lift. Imagine strings attached to your elbows, drawing them towards the ceiling. Worked for me; I used to be stuck down at 30lbs.

MrWebb78
03-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Cal I do them the "right" way then, Its like you said, I never progress past 30 lbs. 50lbs seems awesome for that lift though, and I just didnt wanna give B that much credit for strength lol.

nah jk B

I cant stand seeing the "chicken flappers", its like the weight itself is barely moving, just their elbows.

also, do you guys do them seated or standing? I tend to do them seated so i can focus on just the weight moving itself, not my body moving the weight. maybe i should try them standing?

should be askingin my own journal, didnt mean to steal attention B!

Relentless
03-20-2003, 05:04 PM
I stand, but tellya what; I'll try 'em seated next time and see if my poundage suffers.

MrWebb78
03-20-2003, 05:13 PM
yeah, cant have someone doing more weight than me lol

Alex.V
03-20-2003, 08:45 PM
CG, it's ab strength. Mine are very very strong. :) It'll come, weighted decline crunches will get you there.

Lateral raises, slight bend in my arm, not much. I also do them standing, but attempt to minimize body movement. On the last few reps they get a little sloppy, but I try to keep them tight.

Update- I am sore as sh*t. From both deadlifting and rugby. ouch.

Narcissus
03-20-2003, 08:46 PM
yeah, cant have someone doing more weight than me lol
better not look in my journal then, mrwebb.

Narcissus
03-20-2003, 08:51 PM
it was awesome to witness that lift today. even though he missed 650, it was plain to see the strength was there to get it. even ray charles could see that. maybe i ****ed up the concentration or something?

also, alex had asked me before he sumo'd the 495 - "how many times should i hit it? 3 or 4?". i replied "4 or 5?". then he hit 6. it was ridiculous.

MrWebb78
03-20-2003, 09:15 PM
narc, youre clearly a liar though so im not bothered by your journal

rookiebldr
03-20-2003, 09:22 PM

at any rate, let me put up the stereotypical wbb post:
"hey bro lookin strong man! grat strength awesome gains bro woo!"

I see you've seen someone's typical post already. :thumbup: :thumbup:

carolinagirl
03-21-2003, 10:38 AM
How are you liking rugby?

(What a silly question, really. Hitting other people at speed using full force - what's not to like?)

Alex.V
03-22-2003, 12:26 PM
Narc, thanks man. Having you there wasn't a distraction at all.. actually, it inspired me to pull it so I could get some affirmation here. Next week!

CG, what's not to like? How about strains and sprains. ugh. Hamstring, calf, ankle... bugger.

They still hurt, but they'd better be improved for leg day tomorrow!

And I actually had a pretty good chest workout, given that my wrist has been acting up a wee bit.

Without further ado:

Barbell bench:

135 x 10, 225 x 10, 315 x 2, 335 x 1, 375 x 1, 315 x 3, 225 x 4 (5 second pause)

Not bad at all. 375 had a good amount of speed coming up.. my elbows started bothering me on the second 315 set, though, and I can't really figure out what from. Fine now, but aching through most of the workout.

Seated skulllcrushers:

170 x 8, 180 x 8

Rah. No elbow pain, but a throbbing when I put the bar down after the second set. Still, they were tight.

DB flyes:

75 x 10, 75 x 8, 75 x 7

1.5 minutes between sets. Bleh, shoulda been good for more reps each time.

Tricep pushdowns:

280 x 8, 290 x 10, 260 x 10, 200 x 10

Yeah, Matt, saw where you took the back section of the stack down. Made it easy to put some plates and dumbbells on there. It's not 390, but it was aight. Tri's were fried.

DB front raises:

45 x 8, 50 x 8, 50 x 7

Shoulder couldn't hack it. Called it a day here.

Diet- excellent.

Sleep- 7 hours. Need more!

That's about it, yo

Pup
03-22-2003, 03:15 PM
Rah...good chest day homes :cool:

heathj
03-22-2003, 03:36 PM
Nice benchin' foo...375! You're just steadily climbing up there. Soon, 450.

rookiebldr
03-22-2003, 11:06 PM
Narc, thanks man. Having you there wasn't a distraction at all.. actually, it inspired me to pull it so I could get some affirmation here. Next week!

You actually think we would doubt you! tuttut

Alex.V
03-23-2003, 02:30 PM
Hey, you never know.

And I'm f*cking pissed. My valeo lever/velcro belt split open today on squats. I was handling a weight that I'm sure I could have gotten for at least a double, and that would have been a hell of a PR. But on the way up, it split open and totally screwed my groove. My spotters said they gave 10-15 pounds of assist each, which isn't bad considering it was essentially a belt-less squat, and considering that the split might have caused me to lose it completely.

Argh.

Anyway:

Squats:

135 x 6, 225 x 6, 315 x 4, 405 x 2, 515 x ****ingbeltsplitopenpieceofcrap

I HAD IT. Notice my irritation? Anyway, 405 and 515 were with knee wraps.

Next time I squat in two weeks, I'll have an inzer and I'll do 520 for a double. That's a guarantee.

SLDLs:

425 x 6

Stopped. My hamstrings both got pulled during rugby on thursday, and I decided these would do me more harm than good. Weight was easy, coulda done 10 or more, but I decided it'd be better to leave em out.

Leg press:

22 plates x 8, 20 plates x 10

Solid enough.

Calf raises on sled:

20 plates x 14, 20 plates x 14

Leg extensions:

Stack (312) x 20, Stack x 20

No clue why I did these.

Diet- excellent.

Sleep- 7 hours.

That's about it, yo.

FFeJ
03-23-2003, 03:35 PM
sucks about the split belt but oh well because you know you had that weight easy

carolinagirl
03-23-2003, 03:46 PM
F*cking belt.

Isaac Wilkins
03-23-2003, 04:00 PM
F*cking belt.

Amen. I have a similar belt (by Valeo, so I bet it's the same model). :mad: It does that to me, as well. Of course, it's because I'm a fatass and my gut bulges it out, but the idea's the same. :cry:

galileo
03-23-2003, 05:23 PM
sucks about playing rugby.

Narcissus
03-23-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by galileo
sucks about playing rugby.
i warned the kid not to. several times. did he listen to me? nope. look at his gimpy ass now.

Pup
03-23-2003, 05:57 PM
No drop sets...pussy!

Miss Rezza
03-23-2003, 09:09 PM
But on the way up, it split open and totally screwed my groove.

pffft.

Quit makin' excuses!

;)

kAiXuan
03-23-2003, 11:09 PM
listen to narc, he is bigger and smarter

Alex.V
03-23-2003, 11:11 PM
I am stronger (except on rows) and prettier.

kAiXuan
03-24-2003, 12:48 AM
who has the bigger calk?

Narcissus
03-25-2003, 12:54 AM
I am stronger (except on rows)

i think alex means "except all back exercises" except sumos .

and wear prettier outfits.

when a man is right, he is right.

Alex.V
03-25-2003, 04:11 PM
We'll compare DB rows and pull-ups later, ese. ;)

Well, somebody who I thought was my best friend just told the one person I really care about that I cheated on her when we were going out. Not true. Her motivation? I don't know. But I need to talk to her ASAP before I do something horribly self destructive.

weighted pullups:

+45x10, +90x8, +135 x 2

Biangular row:

12 plates x 3, 10 plates x 6, 8 plates x 12

Concentration curls with 50's, hammer curls with 80's and 85's, cable curls with the stack. That was it.

Diet- good

Sleep- terrible. Less than 4 hours.

And that's it. Sorry. not in the mood for anything right now

Alex.V
03-25-2003, 06:14 PM
Somewhat better, but not 100%.

More update:

Workout basically felt good. The volume is almost too low for my taste, but it's hard finding back exercises that don't also fatigue my lower back. Narc does cable pullovers (sorta), which are great for hitting the lats, but also get my abs pretty good. I do think my back would benefit from some extra volume, but ideally I'd like to stick it in somewhere that wouldn't compromise my dead.

piece.

MonStar
03-25-2003, 09:25 PM
Am I friggin' reading that right? 80s and 85s for your friggin' hammer curls. That has GOT to be typo, lol. What kinda rep range are we talking B? Insane strength Alex. Keep up the hard work man.

I hope that everything works out okay with your ex-girlfriend, sounds like a crazy situation.

Budiak
03-25-2003, 11:11 PM
originally stated by Budiak the ignored
BTW wtf is a biangular row? Is that the Hammer Strength machine?

Alex.V
03-25-2003, 11:18 PM
Budiak, senor, that question gets answered once every ten pages.

tuttut

Yep. Hammer strength machine ripoff, but each side isn't articulated (you can't do each arm separately without moving the whole apparatus). Good machine.

Budiak
03-26-2003, 01:25 AM
Brilliant.