PDA

View Full Version : HEY, why not.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18

Alex.V
07-22-2003, 06:00 PM
Look! Another workout.

Kind of a mixed day... I might start benching twice a week, see how that works for a little while. Still sticking with close grip, will slowly move my grip out as the weeks go on. They're feeling very good now, though. Time to do something about my bench, though. Need 405. NEED IT.

CGBP:

135 x 12, 225 x 6, 245 x 4, 245 x 3, 245 x 3

Something like that. 135 was damn fast, 245 was about the same speed. Pleased, no shoulder trouble.

Bi-angular row:

10 plates 5 lbs x 5, 8 plates x 10, 8 plates + 50 x 8

Something like that. maybe have been 6 or 7 reps on the third... either way, disappointed. Not as strong as before, lost strength over vacation, that's for sure.

Pulldowns:

Stack x 10, stack x 8

I think that was the rep amount. Again, not sure. Something bothered my shoulder during the second set (the left shoulder, oddly enough), so I stopped at 6 reps for a bit, then continued with no pain. Stack is.... 250 pounds?

Concentration curls with the 45's, one set of hammers with the 90's, called it a day.

Diet- Not bad. Still a little low in calories. Still seems to be working for me, though... might keep them down for a bit just to give my stomach a break. Notice that I'm actually sleeping better when I don't take in my 6th/7th meal, and just stick to a shake before bed. Definitely want to be sure to stay below 245.

Sleep- 8 hours. :D

rookiebldr
07-23-2003, 07:53 PM
:( I simple reply, "Nope rookie, I'm not interested..." could have sufficed, however the message was clear.

Alex.V
07-25-2003, 09:54 AM
huh?

Relentless
07-25-2003, 09:59 AM
a neat word of advice I picked up recently for squats

try doing a squat workout while wearing construction boots, with a .5" - .75" heel on 'em.

just try it

it totally blew me away the difference it made

WillKuenzel
07-25-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Callahan
a neat word of advice I picked up recently for squats

try doing a squat workout while wearing construction boots, with a .5" - .75" heel on 'em.

just try it

it totally blew me away the difference it made

Are you talking about raising the heel up or just a thicker sole? Doesn't raising the heel put more emphasis on the quads and take out some of the posterior chain work?

eclips1
07-25-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Belial
Time to do something about my bench, though. Need 405. NEED IT.

What? U still haven't hit 405 yet?? STOP BS'n!(J/K)

I still haven't got there yet either. 405 is extreemly elusive it seems. And I refuse to hit anything over 365 unless its 405.

How close of a grip are u doing now? Tri workout close? Or still pushing the pecs but trying to take stress of your shoulder?

Alex.V
07-25-2003, 10:32 AM
Cal, I'd repeat homey's question, isn't the effect there similar to a block under the heels? And what kind of difference did it make? Strength? emphasis?

eclipse- b*tch, ain't it? Something about that weight... and failing twice BAD on it, once with an injury, is making it seem almost intimidating. I've got both index fingers on the smooth part of the bar, that's even slightly narrower than shoulder width. Anything narrower than that and it's too much for my wrists, they need to really bend at the bottom. I get a great tricep workout out of it, keep my bench strong, but neglect my shoulders/chest a little, but I'll gradually bring my grip out as the shoulder heals, which should add some power into it.

Did deads yesterday, forgot to update. Molly's been keeping me busy, which includes keeping me up really late at night, so I forgot to update. :D

:hump:

(She's going to beat my ass for that)

ANYWAY:

Deads:

135 x 6, 225 x 6, 315 x 3, 405 x 2, 495 x 2, 605 x 1

Was going to hit a double at 605, but the first rep was too slow, and had some back bend. Was an idiot and tried to do it conventional for the second try, rather than hitting another sumo. Didn't budge. lol. But from now on, I'll be hitting the heavy set for a few singles.

Static holds:

500 x 1:03

My hands were in pain the rest of the day. :D Cracked a minute at 500 (on official timing, not guesstimates)

Lateral raises with the 50's, 3 sets of 8.

Bent-over laterals with the 55's and 60's, 8 reps each.

Quick set of hanging leg raises, only 12 due to abdominal strain.

Diet- not bad. Not enough meals, though.

Sleep- 8+ hours.

Das' it, mah negros.

IceRgrrl
07-25-2003, 10:57 AM

Did deads yesterday, forgot to update. Molly's been keeping me busy, which includes keeping me up really late at night, so I forgot to update. :D

:hump:

(She's going to beat my ass for that)

Yeah, you're in trouble now, pal...you're going to give these weirdos all kinds of wrong ideas. I will have to think of a suitable punishment...

No, wait...judging from that "catalogue" on your coffee table, I think you know way more about punishments than I do...

*must think of new evil plot to get back at Alex*

fuzz
07-25-2003, 11:01 AM
This would also be pretty bad for your knees over time - just like using a block under your heels would be.

Originally posted by HomeYield

Are you talking about raising the heel up or just a thicker sole? Doesn't raising the heel put more emphasis on the quads and take out some of the posterior chain work?

ectx
07-25-2003, 11:45 AM
....(She's going to beat my ass for that)

Isn't that what you want? ;)

sicko.

ElPietro
07-25-2003, 11:57 AM
No it won't be bad for your knees. Yes using a board or blocks is similar, I think the reasoning behind boots is that they are legal in competition, so when powerlifting you might as well squat in what you compete in shoe-wise. There are actual squat shoes that are made that have a larger heel and the heel is solid. Solid is the first aspect, as it provides a stable base to come down on, and also the effect of the heel actually seems to help sit back more easily, despite most people's initial thoughts that it would tip you forward more. The effect is quite opposite, and makes the entire thing a bit more comfortable, and safe for that matter.

Think, you are squatting back, with a ton of weight on your back, and all you have between your heels and the ground is a bit of rubber with an air pocket in it. Considering it's designed to cushion, that means it's made to have some "give" to it, which is exactly what you don't want when squatting.

WillKuenzel
07-25-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by ElPietro
No it won't be bad for your knees. Yes using a board or blocks is similar, I think the reasoning behind boots is that they are legal in competition, so when powerlifting you might as well squat in what you compete in shoe-wise. There are actual squat shoes that are made that have a larger heel and the heel is solid. Solid is the first aspect, as it provides a stable base to come down on, and also the effect of the heel actually seems to help sit back more easily, despite most people's initial thoughts that it would tip you forward more. The effect is quite opposite, and makes the entire thing a bit more comfortable, and safe for that matter.
Makes sense considering that if you are kind of forced to lean forward (heels raised to create that angle) then you can naturally sit back further to compensate for the forward lean. Kind of an interesting thought.

PowerManDL
07-25-2003, 12:16 PM
That's the reasoning behind wearing Chucks.

Relentless
07-25-2003, 12:18 PM
yup. ElP was with me at Bill Jamison's place when he provided that tip

I felt both more stable and stronger throughout the ROM when squatting in the boots. It was really cool, actually. Totally surprised me. As ElP mentions, it almost FORCES you to adopt superior form when squatting.

As far as emphasis (per HY's comment), I can't really say, except that it was my understanding that the point of powerlifting was to lift more weight. Besides, with all the deadlifting alex does, is extra posterior chain emphasis really a requirement?

PowerManDL
07-25-2003, 12:24 PM
Actually yes. The squat hits it a lot more, and I think better, than the deadlift.

IMO, squats are a necessary part of having a big dead. Not the *only* part mind you, but a big chunk of it.

ElPietro
07-25-2003, 12:25 PM
Well it's not really making it less work per se. It is putting you in a superior position to potetially lift more weight. Like Bill said, and everyone here I'm sure knows already, the concept of lever arms and lifting. So basically when you squat you have your knees, and posterior chain as primary moving parts. The closer you can align these two moving bodyparts, and the source of stress (the bar) the shorter the lever arm is. That is why a wider stance squat is superior for lifting heavy weight. Your knees if you look from the side are much closer to your hip/glutes, and the straighter your back is, translates into the bar being over your hips/glutes and knees more. So you if you can keep things as vertical as possible the lever arm is almost null, which means that you are not making the weight heavier than it is. That's why most fail and tip forward, The bar is infront of your hips, which means the further in front the heavier it is, so 300lbs may feel like 400 when it's a few inches in front. Just like holding a sack of potatoes at arm's length instead of tight to your torso. Sorry for the indepth explanation that most here understand, but some may benefit, and I'm bored. :)

Relentless
07-25-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by ElPietro
Well it's not really making it less work per se. It is putting you in a superior position to potetially lift more weight. Like Bill said, and everyone here I'm sure knows already, the concept of lever arms and lifting. So basically when you squat you have your knees, and posterior chain as primary moving parts. The closer you can align these two moving bodyparts, and the source of stress (the bar) the shorter the lever arm is. That is why a wider stance squat is superior for lifting heavy weight. Your knees if you look from the side are much closer to your hip/glutes, and the straighter your back is, translates into the bar being over your hips/glutes and knees more. So you if you can keep things as vertical as possible the lever arm is almost null, which means that you are not making the weight heavier than it is. That's why most fail and tip forward, The bar is infront of your hips, which means the further in front the heavier it is, so 300lbs may feel like 400 when it's a few inches in front. Just like holding a sack of potatoes at arm's length instead of tight to your torso. Sorry for the indepth explanation that most here understand, but some may benefit, and I'm bored. :)

it's nice to note that you were paying attention, Steve. ;)

ElPietro
07-25-2003, 12:36 PM
stfu

rookiebldr
07-26-2003, 07:06 AM
huh?

Try not just reading the pm's but replying to them as well!

WillKuenzel
07-26-2003, 10:34 PM
Alex is a bench and curl jockey!! Its funny. :p

carolinagirl
07-27-2003, 08:36 AM
Sorry I shirked my Will responsibilities last night and pawned him off on you guys. ;)

However, it's probably a GOOD thing....I got pulled over last night, and if that wild man had been in the car, we'd both be in jail right now!

(The trooper made me blow in the breathalyzer and everything, but he didn't make me walk touching my nose or anything. I was kind of disappointed, frankly........but fervently happy that I passed.)

Goin_Big
07-27-2003, 09:55 AM
B, did I ever tell you that you're my hero :D

Alex.V
07-27-2003, 12:14 PM
Interesting, guys. Thank you... I may look into different shoes, see if there's a benefit. What kinds of boots/shoes are competition legal, or does this vary by federation?

rookie- hit me up again! I have no idea what PM you're referring to... I MAY have checked my PMs drunk a little while back, if it was one of those, it might be gone. :redface:
Sorry about that!

Homey- post that vid. lol.

cg- no problemo! The kid was well behaved once he got a movie put in for him, and he got his bedtime glass of water. :D

goin_big- holy hell, you're back! Guess I haven't been around here enough.

Goin_Big
07-27-2003, 01:25 PM
yea i'm back now stop ignoring me on aim ya punk before I drive down there and beat you up........

with my car!

btw i'm enigmainacan i'm not just some weirdo you dunno, I'm a weirdo you do know :D

WillKuenzel
07-27-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by carolinagirl
However, it's probably a GOOD thing....I got pulled over last night, and if that wild man had been in the car, we'd both be in jail right now! LMAO!! If we weren't in jail we'd be in Mexico by now. :p

WHAT?!! You trying to get me banned? That video ain't seeing the light of day. Ever! :cool:

Alex.V
07-27-2003, 04:28 PM
goin_big- lmao, THAT'S who that is. Sorry about that. :D

Homey- I guess that's just ass well, it's a mostly-male board. And that was the original typo there, but decided to leave it unchanged.

Worked out yesterday with jonathan, cg, icer, and homey, but was feeling like crap. Took a lil' too much ephedrine, but what really killed me was the lack of carbs. The stimulants made me burn through my stores very quickly, and I was totally wired (read: strung out) during my workout, so I cut it very short. Felt dizzy. Nothing of note, just did a few sets here and there.

Today was a bit better.

Squats:

135 x 5, 225 x 5, 315 x 3, 405 x 3, 455 x lost balance.

Balance is really becoming an issue here. There was some slippery chalk in the gym that was mistaken for real chalk. Some ended up on my shoes, the rest is history. Fell back a bit on 455, decided not to push it again.

Box squats:

315 x 3, 365 x 3, 405 x 3

Nice, really. Pleased. Good hip power here, nice balance.

Good mornings:

315 x 5

Something like that. Was kinda tired, gym was closing, got outta there after two sets of calf raises (stack x 20, stack x 20)

Diet- better, but too low in calories, too high in alcohol.

Sleep- honestly, who cares.

Escape01
07-28-2003, 10:12 AM
There was some slippery chalk in the gym that was mistaken for real chalk. Some ended up on my shoes, the rest is history. Fell back a bit on 455, decided not to push it again.

Um, yeah, that absolutely sucked. That was the most slippery powdered substance I've ever seen. I'm pleasantly surprised neither of us managed to kill ourselves.

Box squats:

315 x 3, 365 x 3, 405 x 3

Yes, these were impressive.

WillKuenzel
07-28-2003, 10:35 AM
All those grits didn't help you before working out on Saturday? :p

I don't know what it is about y'alls floor but its always been slick as hell to me. I'm always trying to wipe the dust and stuff off the bottom my shoes before doing a lift. Its crazy dude! Might be about time to take a wet Swifter or something in there before working out next time.

*Oh, just wanted to say thanks again for putting me up Saturday night! Hope I didn't make too much of an ass of myself. :D

Narcissus
07-28-2003, 11:23 AM
alex: i remember slipping on some chalk not too long ago, and actually falling on my back, after i unracked 765 for shrugs - it was some chalk that some kid was using for deadlifting, wonder who it was? :eek:

:D

IceRgrrl
07-28-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by carolinagirl
Sorry I shirked my Will responsibilities last night and pawned him off on you guys. ;)

However, it's probably a GOOD thing....I got pulled over last night, and if that wild man had been in the car, we'd both be in jail right now!

(The trooper made me blow in the breathalyzer and everything, but he didn't make me walk touching my nose or anything. I was kind of disappointed, frankly........but fervently happy that I passed.)

No problem...he provided MUCH entertainment...LOL!

And :eek: on getting pulled over...that sucks!

IceRgrrl
07-28-2003, 03:41 PM

Yes, please...share the fun, share the joy :D It's too good to be kept in the dark...

cg- no problemo! The kid was well behaved once he got a movie put in for him, and he got his bedtime glass of water. :D

But it was so cute when he came in and asked "Will someone put in Conan the Barbarian for me so I can go to sleep? " ;)

carolinagirl
07-28-2003, 04:20 PM
It was cute.....he looked just like a pitiful little boy who thought he was about to get in trouble, didn't he?

Alex.V
07-28-2003, 04:24 PM
When he started playing with EVERY SINGLE THING in my room, I think it was fairly obvious that trouble was soon to come.

;)

carolinagirl
07-28-2003, 04:25 PM
Well, not every single thing.

You managed to keep him out of (most of) the good stuff.

:angel:

Alex.V
07-28-2003, 04:26 PM
Only because it was well hidden.

rookiebldr
07-28-2003, 04:43 PM
LMAO, I can just picture homey searching for all the goodies. Smart move Alex.

On the other item, no need to PM you and have it get deleted again or IM you when you don't answer. ;) I thought I might be in your neck of the woods while you were in Jersey is all. But you are no longer there.

ectx
07-29-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by IceRgrrl
But it was so cute when he came in and asked "Will someone put in Conan the Barbarian for me so I can go to sleep? " ;)

LOL, he told me about that. [southern accent]I told ol'e alex that I needed a video or somethin' if I was gonna sleep...I was out before the opening credits finished[end accent]

alex cheats at jacks, pass it on

WillKuenzel
07-29-2003, 09:29 AM
When he started playing with EVERY SINGLE THING in my room, I think it was fairly obvious that trouble was soon to come.

The best thing I can remember was the putting on one of those knee wraps. I felt like I could damn well hit my head on the ceiling, I was jumping so high. :D

Alex.V
07-29-2003, 05:52 PM
You did jump on one leg for quite some time. It was terribly amusing.

I did an interesting little workout today... my saturday workout kinda sucked, so I decided to do a lil' close grip bench today. It was far from breathtaking, I'm not really accustomed to going heavy on them (and they're a good bit weaker than my regular bench), but doing them twice a week for a while might be a good thing.

Close grip bench press:

135 x 8, 225 x 6, 315 x 1, 335 x 1, 355 x miss, 225 x 8?

The heavier singles were so unbalanced it was hideous, and the 355 was just psychologically heavy... I think it's at least 20 pounds heavier than I've ever even held close grip. Ah well, I'll keep working at it.

DB rows:

175 x 8/8, 175 x 8/8

Ooh. Fun. Kinda weak, but it had been a while.

Bi-angular rows:

10 plates x 5 or 6, 8 plates + 50 x 6, 8 plates x 8

I think those were the numbers. Not really paying attention, arms were kinda fried from the first two lifts.

Concentration curls and cross body hammers to finish off, nothing thrilling there either. But overall, a decent workout. Had some energy, finally.

Diet- getting better.

Sleep- 8 hours. :)

That's about it, kids.

ectx
07-30-2003, 01:19 PM
Does the close grip bug your wrists...esp. with as much weight as you're pressing? With the puny weight I close grip press my wrists just kill me. I ask because of my own problems with this lift, and because I know you've had wrist problems in the past.

psst, Alex is president of the NSYNC fan club. Pass it on

midee1
07-30-2003, 04:44 PM
Hey B,

My question is this. How far apart are your hands on CG. mine are on the smooth part of the bar with my pinkie fingers touching the knurling. THe higher the weight the harder it is on my wrists. Are they to close and also how far apart should they be on flat bench.

Thanks and keep it up. The workouts are lookin fine as usual.:thumbup:

Alex.V
07-30-2003, 09:43 PM
ec, midee, close grip that's any narrower than shoulder width is just begging for wrist problems. I can't do it, the pain's excruciating. And I don't see any further benefit to going closer than that. Regular grip for me has my ring fingers on the outer rings, close grip is basically index fingers on the smooth. I do have a very wide shoulder girdle, though, so for the majority of people it would be a good inch or two narrower on each side. So probably still a little wider than your grip, midee.

As for the NSYNC thing... oh come on ec, they're SO hot.

Tankette
07-30-2003, 10:25 PM
Raven10732: You can't let my musical (or in this case, sexual) preferences come between us....

Alex.V
07-30-2003, 10:26 PM
LOL. Jackass!

Alex.V
07-30-2003, 10:37 PM
alvarezra141414: and I prefer New kids on the block to NSYNC...but maybe that's because I'm older

midee1
07-31-2003, 05:39 AM
Thanks B :cool:

Alex.V
07-31-2003, 03:45 PM
Did deads today.. was feeling a little off, I'm SURE I needed more calories. Still hit what I wanted to, which is encouraging... always nice to hit a lift you were doubting, especially when you're not 100%. Or even 80%. I felt like crap.

Deadlifts:

225 x 4, 225 x 4, 315 x 6, 405 x 2, 495 x 2, 615 x 1

I draped a towel over my head for the first 495. I think I'm weird. But it was funny. Couldn't see anything.

Okay shut up.

Conventional deadlift:

495 x 1

Slow, back toast.

Sumo deadlift again:

495 x 1

Flew up. And I was beat as hell before I did it.

Lateral raises:

55's x 10, 50's x 10, 45's x 14

Felt good, shoulder is improving steadily.

Bent-over lateral raises:

50 x 10, 55 x 10

Whee.

That was about it. Did some calf raises, but only for one set. Overall was pleased, though. Even without a full tank, I managed to have a good workout. Ready to start pushing the deads again.

Diet- been pretty good, getting better at least.

Sleep- 7 hours.

Dat's it.

Tankette
08-01-2003, 09:11 AM
I'm SURE I needed more calories.

EAT, damn you! At first I was feeling kinda sorry for you, but you now have no excuse.

Still hit what I wanted to, which is encouraging... always nice to hit a lift you were doubting, especially when you're not 100%. Or even 80%. I felt like crap.

You are a BEAST!!! :clap:

I draped a towel over my head for the first 495. I think I'm weird.

...and I thought the shoe thing was bad. Maybe you should seek professional help, or do they make straight jackets your size? ;)

a little weird's always a good thing... If nothing else, it makes your journal a better read. :D

the doc
08-01-2003, 09:50 AM
I draped a towel over my head for the first 495. I think I'm weird. But it was funny. Couldn't see anything.

Remember what yoda said, "use the force you must alex!"

Tankette
08-01-2003, 10:28 AM
Oh no... say that he didn't.

Alex.V
08-02-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Tankette
say that he didn't.

hahahaha. Star wars nerd.

'Twas a REALLY f*cking hung over chest/bench day. Upon reflection, I had, what... 10 coronas, a few beers after dinner, a few beers while playing Beirut... and I normally RARELY drink more than 5-6 drinks a night.

Oh, and I forgot the whole water thing last night.

But the workout was still better than expected. Though brain function is down and details are fuzzy.

Close grip bench:

135 x 10, 225 x ummmm, 6?, 275 x 2, 315 x 1, 340 x 1, 340 x way out of groove, 320 x 1, 320 x 1, 320 x 1, 275 x 2, 275 x 2

That was a lot of singles, but they weren't that taxing. Focus was on explosive speed out of the bottom, and I did a pretty good job on most.

Paused bench:

300 x 2

This is because Jonathan told me to. He's mad that I disparaged his bar speed (somewhat jokingly) on his paused single.

DB flyes:

70 x 8, 70 x 8

Not much to say here. Shoulder bugging me a little. Wrist actually enlarged/inflamed. More on this in a later post once I figure out what the problem really is. Something's telling me carpal tunnel.

One handed pushdowns:

150 x 8/8, 140 x 8/8 (I think)

Fast, strong, first set very controlled (second set less so).

Diet- Good. Though over 1,000 calories from beer is probably not ideal.

Sleep- 7.5 hours.

That's about it.

Pup
08-02-2003, 05:39 PM
Diet- Good. Though over 1,000 calories from beer is probably not ideal.

It's cereal in a can my friend, just think of it as a high octane carb meal :D

Alex.V
08-03-2003, 03:10 PM
Well sh*t, I guess I can have a few bottles as part of my next complete breakfast. :)

Leg day... hips were still aching like f*ck from thursday.. guessing my recovery hasn't been that great the last few days. To say the least.

So I brought in my squat stance by a few inches on each side... it's amazing the difference it makes. I get no spring out of the bottom, which made them seem unbelievably hard once I got to a halfway decent weight. lol. Not my stance, I think.

Squats:

135 x 6, 225 x 6, 315 x 4, 405 x 1, 495 x whoops.

Depth was fine, I was just really flat at the bottom, didn't get any drive, basically just lack the strength in that stance.

Box squats:

315 x 3, 365 x 2, 405 x 2, 425 x 2

Not bad. The 'box' is only at parallel, really... which is normally fine, since my sticking point is a decent bit above there. Still good for developing that explosive power, though. Again, a bit narrow due to hip discomfort.

Went and did some calf raises to stretch them out, and one set of hanging leg raises. I need a little more sleep, and some serious calories.

Diet- Too few cals, I'm sure of it.

Sleep- 7 hours, give or take.

PowerManDL
08-03-2003, 03:47 PM
I think I've decided to go ahead and buy some light bands for squatting.

Not sure why I'm posting that in here, actually, but I felt like sharing.

Alex.V
08-03-2003, 03:49 PM
Buy me some too.

WillKuenzel
08-03-2003, 04:13 PM
I think your apartment needs some bands for sure. More knee wraps and bands. Yep. :nod:

IceRgrrl
08-05-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Pup

It's cereal in a can my friend, just think of it as a high octane carb meal :D

LOL! I like that...I think I'm going to borrow it :) Pup, you're a wise man...or at least really good at rationalization...

And I'm still laughing at the memory of Homey bouncing around on one knee-wrap :D

Alex.V
08-05-2003, 05:39 PM
MY journal! It's all about me! me me me!

sorry.

Lil' bit of bench, lil' bit of back. Not a bad workout...benching twice a week seems to be working, since I'm not really killing myself either time. Need to be better about laying off the heavy sh*t, though. I think I'm setting PRs in close grip (big f*cking deal), which I guess I'll have to settle for until my shoulder is 100%... or even 50%. :cry:

Close grip bench:

135 x 12, 225 x 8, 275 x 2, 315 x 1, 335 x 1, 345 x 1, 315 x 1

Tried to make each one as fast as possible. 345 x 1 is probably a close grip PR, but was a little too slow for my liking. Still, I'm developing a little more explosion here.. I just hope it translates to my regular bench. Hell, if I can get to a 365-370 close grip, I have no doubts I could blast a 405 regular grip easy, given there's at least a 45 pound differential between the two.

Bi-angular row:

10 plates x 6 + 1 assist, 8 plates x 13, 8 plates + 50 x 9

Something like that. Second set took everything out of me, I was toast.

Pulldowns:

Stack x 8

I think that was the number. Exhausted going in, so I left it at that. Did a bunch of sets of concentration curls, and I was done.

Diet- not bad. Later workouts that let me get at least one big meal in first tend to be much better. Going to do this as often as possible.

Sleep- 8 hours.

Have a nice long drive tomorrow. Whoo! And I'll be in NJ/Cape Cod/NY until the 18th or so.

ectx
08-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Pfft, I'm disappointed. I thought there would be more curl jockeying in there. *shakes head*

have fun at the Cape. Cabron.

Alex.V
08-06-2003, 08:40 AM
I know, man.... I guess I figured I'd have more in me, but that benching tired me out.

PowerManDL
08-06-2003, 01:20 PM
I think CoCoa's got a crush.

Alex.V
08-06-2003, 06:38 PM
CoCoa, well, it's not really all for sh*ts and giggles... and my "ridiculous" strength is becoming ridiculously stagnant. :( But thanks anyhow, and thanks for checking in.

PowerMatt- silence, you!

Pup
08-06-2003, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL

:withstupi

Isaac Wilkins
08-06-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by PowerManDL

Dude, EC's gonna be pissed.

ectx
08-06-2003, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Borris

Dude, EC's gonna be pissed.

Why would I be? Alex isn't my bitch. You are. Now get back in the kitchen and make me that sammich!

Escape01
08-07-2003, 12:26 AM
Dude, close grips were impressive, considering that's not what you normally do and I know how it feels to switch to a weaker angle.

Oh yeah, and HEAL!

carolinagirl
08-07-2003, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by CoCoa
Did not mean to make your broke friends jealous - I only have eyes for you - :D

How........disturbing.

Alex.V
08-07-2003, 02:01 PM
Imagine how I feel.

JustinF
08-07-2003, 02:08 PM
lol

WillKuenzel
08-07-2003, 02:08 PM
The word "ecstatic" comes to mind for some reason. :p

Alex.V
08-07-2003, 02:10 PM
Stop being so gay, Will.

WillKuenzel
08-07-2003, 02:12 PM
You mean I can't live my alternate flamboyantly gay lifestyle vicariously through you?

Alex.V
08-07-2003, 02:15 PM
You can live it DIRECTLY if you take on my "catcher" debt.

IceRgrrl
08-07-2003, 02:44 PM
BOTH of you are scaring me...

carolinagirl
08-07-2003, 07:33 PM
It's like gay porn in here.

Alex.V
08-07-2003, 08:55 PM
Not in MY journal. Cut it out.

McBain
08-08-2003, 12:16 AM
hey romeo did you sort out your wrist?, carpal tunnel is bad news tuttut

Reinier
08-08-2003, 08:59 AM
nothing wrong with a little crystal clear blatant flomboyant homosexuality

Wikked1
08-08-2003, 09:11 AM
Jeez Dude I came in to check out your workout and had to sift back some to find it....good stuff......all this other uuuhhmm errr conversation had me laughing by the time I hit the ladies' comments above. Well it was a decent workout in there....you'll just have some serious editing to do if you ever decide to publish:D

Alex.V
08-08-2003, 04:47 PM
Gayness ends now.

Wait, no... I'd have to ban a few people to ensure that.

I did legs.... I'm up on a quasi-vacation again, so I'm condensing workouts, working around the gyms I got. Can't do deads anywhere up here, so I'm substituting other posterior chain sh*t...

The gym today didn't allow chalk, but I made do with some box squats.... worked very well, since they have benches there that are actually about 1.5" below parallel for me. Very nice.

Squats, shoulder width stance, below parallel ('bout an inch or two, hamstrings touch calves):

135 x 10, 225 x 6, 315 x 6

Box squats:

315 x 4, 365 x 4, 405 x 2, 435 x 1

Ouch, these were seriously rough, especially that last single... took my breath away.

SLDLs:

405 x 10, 405 x 10

Very tight, very strong, almost explosive near the top. Felt good to do them again, and they're stronger than ever. Hamstrings were gone.

Seated calf raises:

4 plates x 10, 4 plates x 10, 4 plates x 11

Kinda hurt.

Lateral raises with the 50's, followed by bent-over lateral raises with the 50's. Cut out after that, too damn tired, and it was too damn hot in there.

Diet- Too low in calories, too high in crap food.

Sleep- been good, about 7-8 hours a night without fail.

das' it, kids.

Escape01
08-08-2003, 06:40 PM
Squats look very good. 435 pounds off a damn box? Wow, that's impressive. SLDL's sound pretty good too. Gyms that don't allow chalk shouldn't be allowed to charge. How absurd.

Darian
08-10-2003, 12:30 AM
Hey, meathead, it looks like you had a pretty decent leg day considering you're on vacation. I hope that the rest of your workouts turn out as well.

Oh, and is your diet not always comprised of crap food? Go eat some cheeseburgers wash 'em down with a protein shake and follow it up w/ a big a$$ slice of B-day cake :D.

DelveyBoy
08-10-2003, 06:16 AM
wow!134 pages for a journal.good job i havent read through all of it

Alex.V
08-10-2003, 10:42 AM
Jonathan- I agree. Restriction of chalk is criminal, especially if I offer to clean it up afterwards. It makes lifting safer, you asses! Ah well. Back to the Duke gym soon enough.

Darian- thanks, it might be tough getting my normal workouts in, I've only worked out twice in the last week, pretty much, so I'll be having fewer, but longer, gym days. I honestly don't even want to bother dropping $12 so I can go work out in an 80 degree gym with kinda lousy equipment that doesn't allow chalk.

Delvey- it's required reading.

Darian
08-10-2003, 12:42 PM
$12!?! Holy Sh*t that's a lot for a day pass. Have you looked around?

Your journal, required reading? HA! I doubt it's worth all of the time that it takes to sift through all of the gay spam ;).

WillKuenzel
08-11-2003, 01:20 PM
Gayness ends now.

Well, I guess since you started you can stop it. :p

DelveyBoy
08-12-2003, 06:03 PM
Delvey- it's required reading.

ok when i have a whole day to spare i will read every post in your journal:spam:

Alex.V
08-14-2003, 12:20 PM
My journal gets no bumpage. :(

Well, workouts have been off for the last week-plus, so I haven't really been posting much here... definitely had trouble keeping the cals up, but stuffed myself this morning and managed to get a halfway decent workout in... saturday will be my first real workout in a while. today, the only highlight was picking up 750 on the ground based squat-lunge... i.e., the apparatus that holds weights while you lift them. Grip was set to deadlift-height, and there was plenty of power to spare. Pleased.

So, when I get back to Duke, it's hard core workout time... hopefully I'll get my shoulder healthy, get my deadlifts back on track, and be benching 405+ and deadlifting 700+ by the end of the year.

carolinagirl
08-14-2003, 01:18 PM
Um........bump. :p

hopefully I'll get my shoulder healthy, get my deadlifts back on track, and be benching 405+ and deadlifting 700+ by the end of the year.

Hell YES you will. I have no doubt.

(And you're gonna be well on the way to looking supah-sweet in a purple thong by then, too.) (Um, not that you don't already look supah-sweet in a thong.) (Um.....not that I know how you look in a thong......)

Yeah. I'm leaving before I get myself in any deeper.

WillKuenzel
08-14-2003, 01:25 PM
I don't know about purple but the red was pretty flattering on him. :p

Just some girl
08-14-2003, 01:34 PM
are you sure it wasn't orange?

tuttut

ectx
08-14-2003, 02:01 PM
My journal gets no bumpage. :(

attention whore....has to go wearing fluorescent thongs and sh*t.

YoBrickWall
08-15-2003, 06:05 AM
yo belial- when doing pull ups what is yo width grip about?
thanks
ybw

Wikked1
08-15-2003, 08:46 AM
Dumbbell rows: 210 x 8
Weighted pull up: 3 plates for 3.
DAMN did I miss seeing this before? I must have that's just not right ! Jeez that's pretty awesome in my book.....yeah the bench/squat/deads look awesome too but +135X3 HELL YEAH!

Alex.V
08-16-2003, 01:35 PM
Heatherer- shh! :help:

And thank you for the votes of confidence... it's been lagging a little lately.

The rest of you commenting on my thongs... hush up, y'all. Trying to keep secrets here, dammit!

YBW- grip width is roughly shoulder width, sometimes a little narrower if it helps my wrists.

Wikked- thanks man. Wish I could still do them, but until my wrists and shoulder are 100%, they do more harm than good. :( Shame, they feel so damn good.

Did chest today, at yet another foreign gym... diet's been ass, drove for way too long yesterday, sleep's been off, all the makings of a crap workout, but despite all that it went pretty well.

Close grip bench:

135 x 10, 225 x 8, 275 x 2, 315 x 1, 335 x 1, 350 x barely missed.

Left wrist out of position on the last one, got to the sticking point and wasn't stable enough to power through. Needed just a tiny bit of assist. I'll get it tuesday. ****ing stoked, though, I wasn't expecting these to go so well.

Some close grip speedy type work

275 x 1 x 4

First two very fast, second two less so.

DB flyes:

70 x 3

Shoulder started hurting, so I switched to crossovers.

130 per side x 10/10/8

These were simply scintillating.

One handed pushdowns:

140 x 8/8, 140 x 10/10, 140 x 10/9

Very fast and powerful, was happy with 'em.

Front raises:

45's x 8/8, 45's x 8/8

Again, very good. Haven't been able to do these in a while, but if I keep my arms close to my body there's no trouble. Encouraging.

That was about it.

Diet- ass

Sleep- ass

ectx is an- ass

ectx
08-16-2003, 05:16 PM
ectx is an- ass

:cool:

you do care. :p

midee1
08-16-2003, 07:30 PM
Ok Ok I thought the gayness ended earlier:rolleyes:

J/K

Alex.V
08-17-2003, 06:06 PM
Blame the Mexican.

ectx
08-17-2003, 10:56 PM
Edgar? Because I am an American of Mexican and Spanish lineage my friend.

can't we all just get along?

puto.

WillKuenzel
08-19-2003, 09:47 AM
Front raises:

45's x 8/8, 45's x 8/8I'm guessing these are those for the front delts. I never know what I looking at sometimes in here. :eek: :p

Anyway... do you rotate your hands as you come up or anything? I've found that if I keep more a neutral grip, instead of palms facing down at the top, then it places less improper stress on my shoulders and wrists. At any rate, just wondering. Now quit looking at yourself in your thong. That's just weird.

Alex.V
08-19-2003, 09:49 AM
Will, I'm actually using a neutral grip for these, good call... both shoulders and wrists are thanking me for it.

And... I can't help it. The yellow one looks so CUTE.

weirdo.

Alex.V
08-19-2003, 02:15 PM
About damn time I had a good workout. Stuffed my face yesterday, and even though I feel bloated as hell today, I think my body thanked me. Had some strength for the first time in ages, and confidence was back. No longer felt like I was dragging through my workout, so I pushed it a bit.

Close grip bench press:

135 x 10, 225 x 10, 275 x 2, 315 x 1, 335 x 1, 350 x 1, 355 x miss, 355 x miss, 275 x 1, 275 x 1

Focus was speed.. two basketball players were watching me bench, and were impressed by how quickly I was "throwing that weight around." One guy commented that on 315, I looked like I had about 8 reps in me. 350 was smoked, which felt great, and 355.. we may never know. Spotter touched it as soon as it slowed, and started lifting, so... grr. Next week. I probably had it, but... whatever. I got 350 on close grips, I'm happy. The last 2 singles were very fast, felt like 225 (if that).

Did one set of flyes to stretch out the shoulder. (70's x 10)

Bi-angular row:

10 plates x 7.5, 8 plates x 14, 8 plates x 7

I had crazy energy here... the last rep on 10 plates was a little iffy, I think I used too much body english... hence the half... And by the third set, my energy finally left me. Ate a bunch last night, but not all that much this morning, so it was to be expected.

Ah well, was fun while it lasted. :D

Concentration curls, 50 x 10, 50 x 8, 45 x 10 (same in each hand)

One set of hanging leg raises, bw x 12

That was it. I'm trying a new post w/o shake since I'm waiting for AtLarge to open... the focus is more ice cream, less protein powder. It's... damn good.

Diet- good!

Sleep- 7 hours

's it.

carolinagirl
08-19-2003, 03:35 PM
I'm trying a new post w/o shake since I'm waiting for AtLarge to open... the focus is more ice cream, less protein powder.

"Shake" is clearly the operative word here. :p

I'm glad that you're finally getting your confidence back. Who was this evil spotter? And why didn't you kung-fu his ass?

Oh well, your crew will be back by next week's chest workout. I'll be expecting to see that the 355 just sailed up.

Don't disappoint me. ;)

Big o Boy
08-20-2003, 09:59 PM
You are one strong mofo. :bow: :bow: :bow:

There is a HUGE difference in strength from when you first started this journal... Being as I just started my journal this year, I hope to have made the kind of gains you've made in the time that you've had.

btw, you do whine a lot. ;)

Wikked1
08-21-2003, 08:02 AM
DAMN nice bench work......I'm envious as hell and
That was it. I'm trying a new post w/o shake since I'm waiting for AtLarge to open... the focus is more ice cream, less protein powder. It's... damn good. I'll be curious on how this works out for you....keep us posted will ya'??

Alex.V
08-21-2003, 01:07 PM
Heatherer- you gonna be around for one of these workouts? :D

Big o Boy- yeah, it's been a solid two years, though. If your dedication is better than mine, I'm sure you could probably exceed what I've done. Just don't be a moron like I am and hurt yourself.

Wikked- I'm sure it will work terribly. Tastes a lot better, though. ;)

CoCoa- hey, everybody does. nobody can help themselves.

clearly.

Good workout... good for the ego, too. I got catcalls from a car full of black girls just outside my apartment. Predatory females, I felt so violated. Plus, there was this girl who kept looking at me in the gym.. I was actually wondering if I was making noise, or if my headphones were too loud, or if the chalk smiley face on my pants had her convinced I was the biggest tool at Duke (I certainly am, but I'm also the coolest tool at Duke.)

but we ended up leaving at the same time, and she instantly struck up a very...friendly conversation, so I guess she was looking over in an interested way. Attention all females, if you're checking out a guy, try NOT to look hostile while you do it.

At least, I think she was checking me out. Maybe she just felt obligated to be nice to the poor retard with the chalk smiley face on his pants, so she started talking to me as her good deed for the day.

I don't even know why this story was noteworthy. Maybe it was because she was being damn obvious. Or maybe it was the fact that I sure as hell wouldn't be checking me out on deadlift day when the vein on my neck is standing out, my face is red, my hands torn to pieces, and my shirt completely soaked.

Then again, if I saw a chick in that state, doing heavy deadlifts, unless she looked like twice the man I was, I think I'd propose to her on the spot.

Deadlifts:

135 x 6, 225 x 6, 315 x 4, 405 x 2, 495 x 2, 625 x 1

Very fast except 625. 625 came up slow but steady... I have a feeling 495 x 1 is a better choice, I was already a little fatigued by the time I pulled. But speed was excellent on all the others, 405 felt like nothing, 495 felt like 405 used to feel even a few months ago.

Deadlift to static hold:

500 x 56 seconds.

Dammit. That went down. Haven't done these for a while, though.

Actually, it's been, what, 3 or 4 weeks since I deadlifted last... so I'm not too upset that my performance was slightly less than perfect today.

Deadlift to walk to rack:

500 x 6 feet.

This was pure silliness, but it saves me having to unload the thing on the ground.

hehe.

Lateral raises:

50's x 10 x 3

These were outstandingly outstanding.

50 x 10 x 2

Also equally breathtaking.

Hanging leg raises:

10, 8

Did them very slow and controlled. Ouch. Finished up with one set of calf raises, stack x 16.

Diet- much better lately, though.. Damn, i gotta watch the sodium. It's to the point where I worry.

Sleep- 7.5 hours.

That's it.

Relentless
08-21-2003, 01:13 PM
I got catcalls from a car full of black girls just outside my apartment. Predatory females, I felt so violated.

Oh stop it. You liked it. You probably blew kisses and flexed at them.

Alex.V
08-21-2003, 01:15 PM
I loved it.

Alex.V
08-21-2003, 01:16 PM
My socks don't match. I just noticed this.

Wikked1
08-21-2003, 01:26 PM
Predatory females, I felt so violated. Plus, there was this girl who kept looking at me in the gym.. I was actually wondering if I was making noise, or if my headphones were too loud, or if the chalk smiley face on my pants had her convinced I was the biggest tool at Duke (I certainly am, but I'm also the coolest tool at Duke.) I have to stop in here more often it's great for a serious LMFAO riot! Any guy that doesn't like the cat calls from car loads of females is SUSPECT......most guys LOVE it! :D Way to GO!:thumbup:

WillKuenzel
08-21-2003, 01:39 PM

There you go. That explains the cat calls and the girl staring at you. Nothing attracts attention like mis-matched socks. Atta boy!

Isaac Wilkins
08-21-2003, 01:40 PM

So much game.

Alex.V
08-21-2003, 01:41 PM
Yeah, you wanna know what works with the ladies? Keep readin, my friends....

WillKuenzel
08-21-2003, 01:43 PM
Yeah, you wanna know what works with the ladies? Keep readin, my friends....

Pffft, as if I don't already know. :cool:

Alex.V
08-21-2003, 01:46 PM
That's true. I bow down to your clearly superior game. My opening line, "So, uh... yeah, hi" could maybe use some help.

PowerManDL
08-21-2003, 01:50 PM
It beats my opening line: *angry stare*

Alex.V
08-21-2003, 01:50 PM
Hey, but dude... the girls that works on, you probably wanna keep.

PowerManDL
08-21-2003, 01:53 PM
True.

Alex.V
08-21-2003, 01:55 PM
ectx is a monkey, don't you think?

WillKuenzel
08-21-2003, 01:55 PM
I say sasquatch.

PowerManDL
08-21-2003, 02:00 PM
Well, depends on how you're defining monkey.

Chimpanzee, I'd say no. There's much resemblance to the great apes, however.

JustinF
08-21-2003, 02:01 PM
:bow: :bow:

You're a strong mofo!!

Coke
08-21-2003, 02:16 PM
-strong and questionable, like some of the guest here - and I'm scared of em all...so I'd better go...

WillKuenzel
08-21-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by CoCoa

-strong and questionable, like some of the guest here - and I'm scared of em all...so I'd better go...

*looks at Powerman*

Because I know he ain't talking about me. :cool:

carolinagirl
08-21-2003, 03:53 PM
....on deadlift day when the vein on my neck is standing out, my face is red, my hands torn to pieces, and my shirt completely soaked.

Then again, if I saw a chick in that state, doing heavy deadlifts, unless she looked like twice the man I was, I think I'd propose to her on the spot.

You never propose to me when I deadlift! :( I certainly hope I don't look like twice the man you are.

Although you are prettier than me.

MixmasterNash
08-21-2003, 03:59 PM
Okay, I give in. Dook is better than UNC. You deadlift. Alone, that's infinitely more people than ever deadlift at the UNC gym. And you can buy beer on campus there. I'm sick of watching out for cops just becuase I want to drink a 40 while I'm coding. And your radio station is WAY better.

Okay, otherwise, Dook is still a bunch of pony-arses. But nice DLs, though.

rookiebldr
08-21-2003, 06:16 PM

Deadlift to walk to rack:

500 x 6 feet.

I do that too, unfortunately, it's with 225. :(

midee1
08-21-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by rookiebldr

I do that too, unfortunately, it's with 225. :(

I feel your pain Rookie I do the same thing meself.:rolleyes:

Although This gives us mere mortals something to shoot for.:D

Alex.V
08-23-2003, 02:51 PM
MMN- Dude, you are so getting quoted on that. :D

Heatherer- I don't think a certain angry drunken southerner would ever appreciate that.

To everyone calling me questionable, did nobody read my reply to Callahan? God damn.

And no, trying to walk with heavy bars is not something most people should strive for unless they're entering strongman competitions.. because it's really just silly.

And I had a pretty damn good workout considering how incredibly hung over I was.... hung over as in extremely dehydrated and with no appetite whatsoever. So I was figuring I'd be struggling with 300 on my close grips. Turned out a little better than that.

Close grip bench press:

135 x 8, 225 x 8, 275 x 2, 315 x 1, 335 x 1, 350 x 1

Decided to stop pushing my luck. 350 was smoked, even though I was struggling back at 315. Satisfied.

Plus, I had a few people watching. Did not want to disappoint.

Sad, really, that such a mediocre (in the scheme of things) weight will draw a crowd.

Paused bench:

315 x 1, 315 x 1

Fast as all hell.

DB flyes:

70's x 10, 70's x 8

Not bad, shoulder felt fine.

One handed pushdowns:

140 x 10/10, 140 x 11/10

Ouch. Triceps toasted. These were nice and powerful, though. Amazed I had much energy this late in the workout considering depletion.

Front raises:

45's x 14/14

Just kept going...only wanted to do one set. Didn't want to go heavy, either, due to minor discomfort when I do.

That was it.

Diet- excellent, other than way too much alcohol last night.

Sleep- 7 hours. Sorta.

Lesnar_Rocks
08-23-2003, 03:05 PM
your a f*cking monster man.

midee1
08-23-2003, 03:21 PM
We prefer to think of him as Troll or Ogre. Monster is to kind of a word.:D

J/K man :angel:

Alex.V
08-24-2003, 03:20 PM
lol. Midee, you bastard. :D

L_R, thanks man. Much appreciated. lol.

Leg day. It's been a long time since I've squatted, even longer since I've squatted anything approaching heavy. So I didn't push it today, but still got some halfway decent lifting in.

Squats:

135 x 6, 225 x 6, 315 x 4, 405 x 2, 495 x 1

Tight. 495 was a little slow, but not a problem at all. Good to nail 5 plates again, it's been a mental block since the hip pain started a few months ago (which is gone, incidentally)

Box squats, parallel (roughly):

315 x 4, 335 x 2, 365 x 2, 405 x 2, 425 x 1

Honestly, I completely forget the progression, but that sorta sounds right. Not bad.

SLDLs:

405 x 6

Didn't push these, lower back is still a little sore from thursday's deadlift workout (which was the first in a while), so this was plenty.

Did some calf raises to finish off, and called it a day.

Diet- decent. Too much crap food, though calories were okay.

Sleep- 7 hours.

That's about it.

FFeJ
08-24-2003, 05:08 PM
i don't remember all the details you said of your hip pain, but was it the kind that's between the leg and hip ? a while back i decided to just go to a chiropractor and have it looked at. it turned out to be my SI joint had gotten out of place between my left leg and hip. he worked with that for a while and i can squat again. i too had a lapse of time where i couldn't squat, it just didn't feel right and it hurt at the bottom.

carolinagirl
08-26-2003, 02:43 PM
Bump.

Just because.

Big o Boy
08-26-2003, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry for cluttering your journal right here with a meaningless question, but what is "bump"? I'd just like to know.

Just because.

Wikked1
08-26-2003, 02:53 PM
DAMN nice leg day.........I trust you got your sock drawer back in order?:evillaugh

WillKuenzel
08-26-2003, 02:54 PM
Its just something we do occassionally when we'd like to have a thread tossed back up to the top. We're "bumping" it back up to the top of the forum list so it can get more views.

More views...?? Just what this journal needs. :p

carolinagirl
08-26-2003, 03:47 PM
I didn't bump it for more views.

I bumped it because last time he was on page 2, he felt neglected. I was just giving him a little e-love.

fuzz
08-26-2003, 04:28 PM
Belial needs all the love he can get.

And bumps.

carolinagirl
08-26-2003, 04:31 PM
When you put it like that, it sounds like VD.

I don't think he needs any more of that.

fuzz
08-26-2003, 05:28 PM
True. Very true. In that regard, b has more then enough bumps.

Alex.V
08-26-2003, 06:01 PM
FFeJ, it's really just a little soreness from the extreme angle that I squat at. Sometimes the joint pops after a leg day, but it's nothing that doesn't go away. I don't really have the time or money (or inclination) to go to a chiro. Of course, if it became chronic/persistent, I'd probably change my mind. As of now, though, it's no big deal. How wide were you squatting?

Wikked, thanks man. nope, socks still don't match. New gym shirt, though! Now, without holes!

Heatherer- I appreciate you bumping my journal, and giving me all that love.

But as for the rest of that exchange.... tuttut Bad children. Bad. I'll kick your little butts all over the place.

Some benching, a little back. Nothing too thrilling.

Close grip bench press:

135 x 8, 225 x 8, 275 x 2, 315 x 1, 335 x 1, 355 x miss, 315 x 1

It sucked... 335 was easy, 355... was fine, but then just hit a wall. Saturday. I will get it. Held it in place for a little while... shouldn't be a problem if I can focus just a little more, and keep the weight more stable.

Last 315 was a joke.

Also, apparently jonathan and I attract a lot of attention. I think it's because we know loud people.

Bi-angular row:

10 plates x 7, 8 plates x 10, 8 plates x 6

Something like that. Right lat cramped on the last set so I aborted, probably only had one more rep in me anyway.

Reverse grip pulldowns:

Stack (312?) x 12

So exciting. Lat was fine here, didn't want to push it.

Concentration curls with the 50, and then the 45. 8 reps per set. These were, as always, very exciting.

Diet- not bad at all.

Sleep- 6.5 hours. Damn morning classes.

That's it.

FFeJ
08-26-2003, 06:40 PM
i was squatting wider than shoulder width, but probably not quite "powerlifting" style. it seems like if i get a good stretch i don't really experience any problems nowadays.

midee1
08-26-2003, 07:05 PM
lol. Midee, you bastard. :D

Sure sure pick on the fat kid.:D

I think I know who my parents are.:confused:

Granted I am from Northeastern Ky almost close to the hill country of West virginia.:angel:

ectx
08-27-2003, 12:28 AM
Close grip bench press:

135 x 8, 225 x 8, 275 x 2, 315 x 1, 335 x 1, 355 x miss, 315 x 1

It sucked... 335 was easy, 355... was fine, but then just hit a wall. Saturday. I will get it. Held it in place for a little while... shouldn't be a problem if I can focus just a little more, and keep the weight more stable.

Last 315 was a joke.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! That's ABSOLUTELY hysterical.

hahahahahha
hahhaha
ahha

ha
h
h
a

asshole. Nice workout.

Coke
08-27-2003, 05:43 AM
Very nice squatting - 5 plates (I don't believe you). Very nice work on the close grips and them famous rows too - :)

No question about it till next time...:D

IceRgrrl
08-27-2003, 06:51 AM

Also, apparently jonathan and I attract a lot of attention. I think it's because we know loud people.

No, it's that you and Jonathan ARE loud. :D

WillKuenzel
08-27-2003, 06:54 AM
But as for the rest of that exchange.... tuttut Bad children. Bad. I'll kick your little butts all over the place.

Little butts? :(

You're just jealous, fat ass. :p

Alex.V
08-27-2003, 12:10 PM
FFeJ- if stretching gets rid of it, I'm a little skeptical that it was a joint/mechanical issue. What did your chiro do?

Midee- Hey, it just means they weren't married. Daughters can't marry fathers and whatnot.

ec- thank you. You crazy mexican. Found that funny, did you.

dickwad.

CoCoa- 5 plates is still way off my max. :( But thanks. I need to get some of my drive back, methinks.

Molly- yes, but moreso when OTHER people draw attention. Plus, at least we're amusing, witty, and charming in our own way, right?

RIGHT??

Will- Jealous of WHAT? My ass is nicely tanned, larger than yours, and has no red lines.

ergo, mine rules.

And no, I won't show you. So stop asking.

weirdo.

FFeJ
08-27-2003, 03:21 PM
stretching didn't necessarily get rid of it, i guess what i was trying to say is that by stretching i was more flexible and there was less tension at the bottom for me, making the squat easier, which would be an entirely different problem altogether i guess. it was a joint problem because even i could feel that it was out of place and my leg could move much easier in certain directions after he got the joint back into place, especially when put into the squat position

Alex.V
08-28-2003, 06:34 PM
FFeJ- Yeah, sounds to me like a completely different problem. I think my main problem lies in the tendons/tightness, not in the joint structure. Next time it happens, though, maybe I could run the symptoms by you to see if they're similar?

Did deadlifts today... just working up slowly. Went pretty well, no weakness on any sets.

Deadlifts:

135 x 6, 225 x 6, 315 x 4, 405 x 2, 495 x 2, 635 x 1

Very strong. Hitched a little bit on the 635... but honestly, I think some of that is that it came up faster than expected, so, in hindsight, I may have been trying to slow it down subconsciously, or at least, my body isn't used to that.

Conventional deads:

495 x 3

Fun.

Lateral raises:

55 x 10, 55 x 10, 55 x 8

Exciting as well.

55 x 8, 55 x 8

rah.

Note: Do NOT try walking 505 sideways, eight feet over to a rack after you're completely exhausted. The slightest slip, and the weight's going down. Ah well, it was fun.

Did two sets of hanging leg raises, one set of calf raises, and got out of there.

Also, I think we were being way too social in the gym. Because it took almost two hours. whoops.

Diet- Excellent.

Sleep- 8 hours. Would have been 5 if I had gone to class this morning.

heh.

FFeJ
08-28-2003, 07:04 PM
yea, next time it happens, describe it and i'll see if it's like the injury i had.

btw, nice deads. also, how did your sumo compare to your conventional the first time you tried sumo ? did the sumo shoot up fairly fast ? i've been contemplating trying out the sumo style just because conventional is kind of awkward for my body style, although it's still do-able.

Big o Boy
08-28-2003, 11:31 PM
Sick deads man... that's more than twice the weight I can do. :( When you gonna hit a new PR? :)

fuzz
08-29-2003, 09:08 AM
Belial: why are you so weak? Do some test or something, pussy.

ectx
08-29-2003, 09:18 AM

Alex.V
08-29-2003, 03:53 PM
FFeJ- my sumo's always been better.. mechanics. I honestly don't remember my initial attempts... 2.5 years ago I could barely get the bar and a 25 on each side. That's regardless of how I pulled.

BoB- New PR.. well, I'm trying to get back up there. Soon, I hope. Dammit, it's about time.

Fuzz, ec- die.

FFeJ
08-29-2003, 07:24 PM
i see, well i think i'm going to try out the sumo style because it seems many people have good luck with it. i think because i have long limbs, especially my legs, it just makes it more awkward to deadlift conventional because my knees get in the way of the bar and i end up straight legging it sometimes.

Alex.V
08-30-2003, 01:52 PM
Sumo rules. Try it.

I am a pussy, I've decided. Granted, I'm doing close grips. Granted, my shoulder sucks, but to be struggling with these sorta weights on bench is really starting to get to me. :( I mean, to have tasted 405, which should have happened ages ago, and now to be struggling with 50 pounds less is nothing short of infuriating.

But whatever.

Close grip bench:

135 x 8, 225 x 8, 275 x 2, 315 x 1, 335 x 1, 355 x miss, 315 x 2

Stuck for ages at the sticking point about 7 inches up (That's a guess... jonathan?) Needed to keep it a little tighter, needed to go a little faster.

Bah.

Paused close grip bench:

275 x 4, 315 x 1

1 or 2? I really don't remember. Probably 1. Easy enough, may have had some assist. Brain too fried to recall details.

DB flyes:

70's x 10, 70's x 10

Not bad, felt good on my shoulder actually. Stretched it out, worked my chest a little more than the bench is doing.

One handed tricep pushdowns:

150 x 10/10, 150 x 10/10, 150 x 8/8

Nothing spectacular, just banged these out.

DB front raises:

45's x 10, 45's x 10

That's about it. Stretched out the shoulders a bit, left.

Diet- good

Sleep- 7 hours, give or take.

Other- milkshakes rock for post workout. :D

Xand
08-30-2003, 03:14 PM
You're handling impressive weight man. You've inspired me to start deadlifting again. :cool:

Dedicated
08-30-2003, 05:59 PM
I just read the first post on this journal and now a few of the last ones. The improvement is amazing, you rock man.

FFeJ
08-30-2003, 07:35 PM
do you think it's starting to become a mental block for your stagnant bench ?

Pup
08-31-2003, 07:48 PM
I got a post-workout shake for ya bro...1 pint of hershey's cookies and cream or creamy chocolate milkshake w/post workout powder of your choice...mix and enjoy :)

the doc
08-31-2003, 08:44 PM
holy protein shake!

WHazzup alex!!
:whazzup:

rookiebldr
08-31-2003, 09:34 PM
I need to bulk again, I'm hungering for a milkshake, protein and all.

YoBrickWall
09-01-2003, 05:28 PM
yo belial- nice d.l.... im looking forward when i can hit 600lbs.

doing dips- do yo prefer to do them on tri or chest day. ive order a belt and havent decide which day to do them yet.

YBW

Wikked1
09-02-2003, 09:25 AM
Dude you throw around some serious iron.....I'm completely envious! Lat raises of 55 damn.....the bench thing? Well.....you've probably got more resources about that problem so I won't add to it! Still AWESOME DEADS!!!

Alex.V
09-02-2003, 06:41 PM
Xand, from you that's a hell of a compliment. Thanks bro.

Dedicated, thanks very much. It's been a long two years, but when I look back sometimes it seems like just yesterday. Back up another 6 months, and it was really staggering... I remember not too long ago having trouble with 95 on deads...

FFeJ, Not any more. :D

Rob, I am so trying that. Screw healthy proteins shakes, I want something I actually LIKE drinking.

doc, :smoke:

Rookie, do it. Life is too short.

YBW, tricep day (if I had one), no doubt. I couldn't do heavy triceps one day then dips on another. Triceps just don't have the recovery, if ya ask me. Good stuff, ain't they?

Wikked, thanks much. Support is always much appreciated. And I love the deads... I just wish they'd start going up again like they should.

Bench and some back today. Didn't have all that much energy, just remembered I went tanning, so I was a little depleted. Still, I killed the damn stupid mental block at 355 on close grips. :D

Close grip bench press:

135 x 10, 225 x 8, 275 x 2, 315 x 1, 335 x 1, 355 x 1, 315 x 2

WOO. bout DAMN time. Went up kinda slow, that 355, but there wasn't a doubt. Hesitated at my sticking point, but there was no way I was missing it.

I feel like I got a 405 regular width bench in me. I'll see if I can get my close grips to 360-365 over the next month before I test out my shoulder on a wider grip. Given there used to be a 60 pound differential, I have pretty high hopes.

Bi-angular row:

10 plates x 6.5, 8 plates +50lbs x 8, 8 plates x 10

Something like that. I was so damn tired, and the machine felt off.

Did some concentration curls to finish off, these were oh so exciting.

That's all to update with, really. Classes seem okay... I kinda wish they'd get started, though. Pace feels a little slow. I'm sure that will change, but as of now we're not really DOING anything yet, so I've been sitting there bored for hours.

I guess I should be careful for what I wish for.

Diet- good. I think I might get enough calories today.

Sleep- 6.5 hours. Tonight may be about the same, but I'll catch up in the 3 days following.

Pup
09-02-2003, 07:06 PM
get the tasty **** outta your system now alex...because come april, its bland food for 4 months, capiche ;)

YoBrickWall
09-02-2003, 07:13 PM
yo belial- thanks, ill keep doing them on tricep day.

awe, dont listen to pup. im gonna eat pizza right up to the night of the show

YBW

ryan1117
09-02-2003, 08:32 PM
That's all to update with, really. Classes seem okay... I kinda wish they'd get started, though. Pace feels a little slow. I'm sure that will change, but as of now we're not really DOING anything yet, so I've been sitting there bored for hours.

I guess I should be careful for what I wish for.

Yeah, I'd be careful what I wish for. Last semester looked like it was going to be a light workload for me and it ended up destroying me. They always seem to wait until mid terms and then bombard you.

FFeJ
09-02-2003, 09:39 PM
good job man, scratch that mental block suggestion :thumbup:

WillKuenzel
09-04-2003, 08:36 AM
What the hell are you doing tanning? Its not like you aren't dark enough prick!

Good job hitting 355. That'd be an awesome sight to see. Does your wrist bother you less doing close grip?

ectx
09-04-2003, 10:41 AM
355 on close grip...pbly 400+ on regular bench!?!? You annoy me. Right now I can only dream of hitting a 315 and here you are doing more than that with one arm behind your back. :cry: Well done meathead.

rookiebldr
09-04-2003, 10:56 AM
oh no, you and HY have the same number of post in your journals. mmmmm... not now. :D

WillKuenzel
09-04-2003, 10:59 AM
LOL, that's because he posts more relevant information, where as I just spam the hell out of mine. :D

I understand Alex is more concerned about views though. He likes to just sit at the computer and repeatedly clicking on his journal. Makes him look cooler to have a high view count. :p

rookiebldr
09-04-2003, 11:34 AM
lol, sounds like someone else we used to know. :thumbup: :thumbup: ;)

Alex.V
09-04-2003, 11:37 AM
f*ck you. :)

Hey, page views matter. Look how many people have been enlightened by the content contained herein.

And stop being a hater, homey.

Alex.V
09-04-2003, 11:38 AM
:cool::cool:

carolinagirl
09-04-2003, 07:00 PM
Here, I'll help.

Because Will is Our Bitch.

Alex.V
09-04-2003, 07:01 PM
Oh. Homey, my wrist doesn't hurt much at all on close grips... sometimes if the wraps are tight, there's an ache, but it's not much, and not for long.

ec- Hardly. 400 has still not been officially hit. It is a guesstimate.

I did deads today. My lower back was killed by bottoming on a squat on sunday and by its cramping up during my max bench, so it felt a little iffy even on 225... 5 plates came up so damn slow, I shouldn't have pushed for a near max. But actually getting as close as I did was good. I'll take it easy this weekend and nail it next week. I smell a new max in two weeks. :D

Deadlifts:

135 x 6, 225 x 5, 315 x 4, 405 x 2, 495 x 2, 645 x up 5".

I'm amazed it came up. Something has certainly improved, I kept pulling that thing with good strength at least twice as long as I thought I was capable of. I got the hardest part, and the discomfort in my back finally made me back off.

That was it. I didn't want to push it. Picking the 45's off the bar and putting them on the racks was ridiculously difficult, my lower back was screaming.

Lateral raises:

50's x 10, 50's x 12, 55's x 10

Now that my shoulder is improving, these feel SO easy.

55's x 10, 55's x 10

My back cursed at me in at least three languages.

Did some hanging leg raises, some calf raises, and got out of there.

Diet- probably still a bit too low in calories.

Sleep- 6 hours. NOT ENOUGH. I will remedy this tonight. I figure 4 nights a week of 6-6.5 hours, and 3 nights of 8 hours, and I should be okay.

That's about it, kids.

Alex.V
09-06-2003, 05:42 PM
Good workout today as well... Will, Matt, and Heatherer were all here, and Matt had some valuable bench insight. I tried pushing for another PR... the weight flew off the chest, then stuck nicely. I will get it tuesday, for it is nothing I can't handle. I can't wait to be done with close grips.

Close grip bench:

135 x 8, 225 x 8, 275 x 2, 315 x 1, 335 x 1, 360 x miss

Yep, damn that sticking point. Left arm is weaker, it loses balance/stability, and my right arm slows to compensate. That nice blast off the chest goes to nothing. :(

Matt recommended paused bench, but rather higher than usual. I can hold the bar half an inch over my chest all day, even if loaded with a high % of my max, but put it up to my 5" sticking point, and it's tough.

So I did 275 for a few triples at this point, then 225 for about 8, holding for a 2-3 count. These were hard.

But yes, they will become a staple!

DB flyes:

75's x 10, 75's x 8

Whee.

160 x 10/10, 160 x 10/10

The guy behind me showing his girlfriend how to do these was doing 100 with both hands. He looked over at me, shook his head, and his girlfriend laughed. I love bringing couples closer together.

Not really.

DB front raises:

45's x 10/10, 50's x 10/10

Nice that I can do these with zero pain.

And I think that was about it. Almost ready to start putting rotator work back in.

Oh, apparently I have large lats.

Diet- not bad! 4 or 5 cheeseburgers in the last 24 hours. mmmm.

Sleep- 9 hours. :D

Big o Boy
09-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Picking the 45's off the bar and putting them on the racks was ridiculously difficult, my lower back was screaming.
LoL... that's kinda funny, that you have so much weight that it's tiring to put the weights back onto the racks... :D

Good job on bringing the couple closer together... :p

rookiebldr
09-07-2003, 12:03 AM

160 x 10/10, 160 x 10/10

The guy behind me showing his girlfriend how to do these was doing 100 with both hands. He looked over at me, shook his head, and his girlfriend laughed. I love bringing couples closer together.

Not really.

Face it, you like the attention. ;)

Oh, apparently I have large lats.

:nod: and huge shoulder width too. So some skinny guy told me.

Jane
09-07-2003, 12:17 AM
:spam: :hump:

PowerManDL
09-07-2003, 11:12 AM
Hey, thanks for the good time yesterday. Hope we didn't get on your nerves *too* bad after we got drunk. (Honestly I don't remember two much after drinking that big glass of rum and the two 40's)

Anyways, hopefully the airlines will keep up their trend with affordable flights so I can make it back up more often. Its always a blast to lift with you guys at the Duke gym. I'm thinking you and Jonathan both are going to benefit from training that sticking point.

Alex.V
09-07-2003, 03:55 PM
Nah, no worries... let's just forget about all that, all right? Just... don't throw parties in people's rooms, jump into their beds in street clothes, and use their IM to talk to people when they're not around, aight? :)

I really appreciate the help on the bench, and I think you definitely need to get up here more often. It was a good time, we gotta make sure we all get at least one night when there's no work going on. And then, we gotta get molly down here again to make things complete.

Did a leg day today. was completely fried, lower back still hurting from deads and last week's legs, hips sore, so I just did some light squats (up to 405 for a few), and stretched out. Could have even skipped this day with no problem, but... hey, no harm done. Just need some sleep this week. :)

carolinagirl
09-07-2003, 05:01 PM
Just... don't throw parties in people's rooms, jump into their beds in street clothes, and use their IM to talk to people when they're not around, aight? :)

So, if I had taken my street clothes off first it would've been okay?

Sorry about all that. :redface:

Alex.V
09-07-2003, 05:08 PM
Yes. Naked women in my bed is ALWAYS okay. So next time undress.

Scott S
09-07-2003, 07:50 PM
Hey are you ever gonna post pics?

fuzz
09-07-2003, 08:19 PM
belial does not post pics.

he just sends them to his all female fan club.

they are *special* pics.

Alex.V
09-07-2003, 08:32 PM
Yes well....

Alex.V
09-07-2003, 08:34 PM
No, uh, I mean

lies, all lies.

WillKuenzel
09-07-2003, 09:11 PM
I told her it would be better if she were naked but nobody listens to me.

Sorry about that dude. :redface: Let me know next time y'all getting together to lift and party without that work business interfering or at least working under better conditions. :)

And next time we go out, try not dress just like me. ;)

Alex.V
09-07-2003, 09:29 PM
No problem, will. Mood has improved significantly since. :)

And we DO dress differently.

Main difference being I pull it off.

*runs*

PowerManDL
09-07-2003, 09:36 PM
It was kinda fun being the Black Shirt Army, though.

Alex.V
09-07-2003, 09:46 PM
and scaring the waitress...

rookiebldr
09-07-2003, 09:49 PM
Alex, you'd likely scare the waitress no matter what you dressed in.

chops
09-08-2003, 10:34 AM
herrow.
:spam: :)

carolinagirl
09-08-2003, 01:42 PM
Don't flatter yourselves.

That waitress was scared of me, not y'all.

WillKuenzel
09-08-2003, 01:49 PM
Precisely why she was slow about bringing your beer out but promptly brought ours out. :rolleyes: :p

IceRgrrl
09-08-2003, 02:23 PM

It was a good time, we gotta make sure we all get at least one night when there's no work going on. And then, we gotta get molly down here again to make things complete.

Sorry I missed the festivities. I remember it being quite a good time last time around. :) I miss the group workouts and the alcohol-fueled silliness!

Alex.V
09-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Jeff, waitresses, like everybody else, love me.

chops... hewo. :D

heatherererer, clearly she felt you were probably being passed around. So that's hardly intimidating.

Molly- so, book a f*ckin flight. ;)

Alex.V
09-09-2003, 06:30 PM
Bench/back day. Lost my focus during my benching... blah. But there were good points and bad points.

Close grip bench:

135 x 8, 225 x 8, 275 x 2, 335 x 2, 360 x miss, 360 x miss, 315 x 3

360 was so close. I went down too slow on the first attempt. Much too slow. There was plenty of blast out of the bottom, especially on the second attempt, but I just couldn't give it what I needed to lock out. Form issues, the bar was drifting towards my feet when it got tough, NOT the part of the groove where I'm my strongest.

At this point, I talked to some of the guys and decided to try out my shoulder on the wider grip, back to what I used when I got injured.

Bench press:

225 x 10, 225 x 10

These were not even a challenge. I could have carried on a conversation and done twice that amount for the first set. First set fast as hell, went up like 135 does. Second set I was actually talking to Jonathan, trying to get my groove back to where it was. Think they're pretty solid, though the bar is coming a LITTLE too high on my chest. I'll bring these back in. Go up about 30 pounds a week on them at the end of my close grips, until they're equal or better... then I'll drop the close grips. I'm psyched. Another few months, and I should be nailing 405 easy.

Bi-angular row:

10 plates + 20 x 6, 8 plates x 10, 8 plates x 8

Bleh. Whatever. Not bad. Didn't want to tax my lower back too much.

Close grip pulldowns:

Stack x 10 (312.5? 250? 295? Dunno)

Finished up with 50 lb concentration curls. Got out of there.

Diet- Good! Well, good being that I had a huge plate of pasta and a 2 pound steak for breakfast.

Sleep- 7.5 hours.

That's it.

Escape01
09-09-2003, 08:39 PM
Go up about 30 pounds a week on them at the end of my close grips, until they're equal or better... then I'll drop the close grips. I'm psyched. Another few months, and I should be nailing 405 easy.

That sounds pretty damn good. I have no doubt.

Alex.V
09-11-2003, 07:22 PM
Not a long update today at all. Basically deadlifted, but didn't take it easy enough on my lower back over the last week. There was still some discomfort, so I'm skipping my leg workout this weekend entirely.

I got 645 about 12 inches off the ground, then just couldn't straighten my back. For a sumo dead, especially for me, this is the easy part.

So, I will relax, and go for 655 next week if my back is feeling good. But diet's been tight, sleep's been decent, and I feel pretty good otherwise. I need to start setting PRs again!

Scott S
09-12-2003, 12:02 AM
What's a biangular row?

Budiak
09-12-2003, 03:26 AM
DONT YOU DARE STEAL MY BIT YOU SON OF A BITCH!

galileo
09-12-2003, 05:25 AM
Don't look now, but someone already stole your apostrophes.

WillKuenzel
09-12-2003, 09:41 AM
I think you just need to quit being a weakling.

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 09:55 AM
:cry:

Okay, just for fun, I think I'll record yesterday's diet.

Meal 1: 4 piece of bread. Slim fast shake.
Meal 2: 1.75 pound sirloin steak, 1/2 pound pasta
Meal 3: 1 pound cheeseburger, 1/4 pound mozzarella
Meal 4: 1 slim fast shake
Meal 5: Post workout shake, 4 scoops Nlarge, 1 scoop nitrean
Meal 6: 6 Newcastles, 1 martini, and I forget what else.

Total calories: uhh... ~6k?

Macro breakdown: HA!

That is all.

WillKuenzel
09-12-2003, 09:58 AM
LMAO!! I love how during the middle of those pounds of beef and 6 pack of beer, there is one measily little slim fast shake. Good sensible dinner huh? :p

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 10:09 AM
I figured all that beef made me fat, so I needed to lose some weight.

ectx
09-12-2003, 10:11 AM
Martinis are like diesel....arrrghhhh! *pukes*

I declare this "Degenerate Alex's Journal" Day....DogPile!

*throws spaghetti*

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 10:13 AM
I really don't think it's possible to degenerate my journal.

ectx
09-12-2003, 10:22 AM
Impossible you say?....It's that spaghetti I mentioned when telling you my Vodka Lemon Drops story.

*Farts in journal*

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 10:24 AM
What vodka lemon drops story? I was too drunk to remember much of that conversation. I was too busy apologizing for saying the wrong (and often inappropriate) things to the wrong people.

ectx
09-12-2003, 10:27 AM
The vodka lemon drops story where I had spaghetti before...and it somehow ended coming back up.

You always say inappropriate things to the wrong people. It's your trademark. I'm starting to collect your drunken AIM convos. They're hilarious...but last night you could spell. Must not have been as bad as you thought....go drink a slim fast shake you pansy.

WillKuenzel
09-12-2003, 10:29 AM
You've never apologized to me!

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 10:36 AM
I AM drinking a slim fast shake. And Will, you never deserve it.

WillKuenzel
09-12-2003, 10:40 AM
Yeah yeah. Drink it up tubby. You only wish you were as LEAN as I am.

ectx
09-12-2003, 10:45 AM
*psst...pass it on...will's Skinny*

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 10:46 AM
hehehehehehe.

Skinny.

WillKuenzel
09-12-2003, 10:53 AM
I sense a bit of jealousy running through here.

ectx
09-12-2003, 10:56 AM
Alex, do you hear something...like a fly buzzing? Oh Mang! It's Will...almost didn't see him...so damn SKINNY!

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 10:58 AM
I sense a bit of jealousy running through here.

*snort*

WillKuenzel
09-12-2003, 10:58 AM
I hear a whistling. Oh wait that's tubby trying to breath of here. Have one of Alex's slim fasts.

ectx
09-12-2003, 11:02 AM
I hear ultraslimfast helps you tone. :cool:

WillKuenzel
09-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Must be why somebody is drinking so many of them.

ectx
09-12-2003, 11:04 AM
yep. He says it makes him pretty.

hahahaha...ugly pretty boy.

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 11:05 AM
I have veins on my lats. So shut up.

WillKuenzel
09-12-2003, 11:06 AM
No, those are stretch marks!

*oh wait, you did.

I have veins in my shoulders. ummph!

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 11:07 AM
Yeah, well, I'm prettier than you.

ectx
09-12-2003, 11:08 AM
I have a vein on my forehead that throbs when people piss me off. :cool:

IceRgrrl
09-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Hmmm...so fun to watch the male of the species strutting around trying to impress/outdo each other... ;)

WillKuenzel
09-12-2003, 11:22 AM
Alex - I have prettier calves though.

ec - but all that hair covers it up doesn't?

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 11:23 AM
The alpha male (me) needs to constantly assert himself. It's my cross to bear, darling.

IceRgrrl
09-12-2003, 11:27 AM
The alpha male (me) needs to constantly assert himself. It's my cross to bear, darling.

If he was secure in his alpha-ness maybe he wouldn't feel the need to assert himself quite so often???

:scratch:

WillKuenzel
09-12-2003, 11:29 AM
Aren't you the matriarch?

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 11:29 AM
That's misunderstanding the nature of the alpha-male, molly. Since I am not actually up in will's face, he feels he can hide in charlotte and attempt to move in on my position. Therefore, I need to let everybody know exactly what the deal is.

And, honestly, I think you realize I'm more than secure.... :D

IceRgrrl
09-12-2003, 11:30 AM
Aren't you the matriarch?

**** no! I'm nobody's mother and I ain't responsible for none of you people...LOL!

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 11:30 AM
Your grammar sucks when you get flustered.

IceRgrrl
09-12-2003, 11:31 AM
That's misunderstanding the nature of the alpha-male, molly. Since I am not actually up in will's face, he feels he can hide in charlotte and attempt to move in on my position. Therefore, I need to let everybody know exactly what the deal is.

Sounds like paranoia to me...

WillKuenzel
09-12-2003, 11:31 AM
I actually meant Alex, but you posted in there too quick! :p

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 11:32 AM
Will- f*ck you.

Molly- f*ck you. :hump:

ectx
09-12-2003, 11:34 AM
Alex is your mom? OMG...that's creepy. How'd you come out so skinny then?

WillKuenzel
09-12-2003, 11:34 AM
Will- f*ck you. :hump:

:eek:

*runs*

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 11:35 AM
Who let the mexican in?

*closes border*

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 11:35 AM
Will, editing things to make it seem like I'm hitting on you is just questionable.

WillKuenzel
09-12-2003, 11:36 AM
Don't act like you weren't thinking about it.

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 11:36 AM
I wasn't. Homo.