PDA

View Full Version : HEY, why not.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18]

Hatred
02-19-2005, 08:13 PM
Damn those dead is sick. I'm lost the balance on shoulder presses before, that can be a scary and danger situation!

Dude, you HAD to be hammered when you typed this.

cphafner
02-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Dude, you HAD to be hammered when you typed this.

Nah I was doing 3 things at once, just never reread what I wrote. :alcoholic

Stackattack
02-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Awesome deads man. Sucks about your shoulder though. I hope its feeling better.

JustinASU
02-24-2005, 05:14 PM
:windup:

JustinF
02-26-2005, 05:32 PM
:windup:

:nod:

Alex.V
03-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Argh, ok I've sucked about updates. I know.

But I've been busy! *whine*

I do appreciate all the comments and feedback, even when I'm basically MIA. lifting has been good... Squats went up to 500 for 4 yesterday, bench was 390 for an easy single today even though I was hurting...

Last speed bench day had me put up 315 for 8 without much pain, though the discomfort comes and goes. The shoulder's not bad; I do appreciate the concern, I just need to actually be careful (not just talk about being careful) The good news is, a lot of the work I've done to correct imbalances have paid off; the joint, though injured, is still a lot stronger than it used to be.

I owe some people some IMs, some people some calls, I will get to them!

meanwhile, let's all discuss how much we ****ing hate 15% tippers when working at a place where you end up tipping out 7%.

Pup
03-02-2005, 07:14 AM
Argh, ok I've sucked about updates. I know.

I do appreciate all the comments and feedback, even when I'm basically MIA. lifting has been good... Squats went up to 500 for 4 yesterday, bench was 390 for an easy single today even though I was hurting...

Last speed bench day had me put up 315 for 8 without much pain, though the discomfort comes and goes. The shoulder's not bad; I do appreciate the concern, I just need to actually be careful (not just talk about being careful) The good news is, a lot of the work I've done to correct imbalances have paid off; the joint, though injured, is still a lot stronger than it used to be.

I owe some people some IMs, some people some calls, I will get to them!

meanwhile, let's all discuss how much we ****ing hate 15% tippers when working at a place where you end up tipping out 7%.

At least you're not as injured as you were before, shoulder injuries suck big time.

7% tipping out eh...you need a new job, or start pimping out the girlfriend for some extra cash.

MixmasterNash
03-02-2005, 07:45 AM

http://waiterrant.blogspot.com/ addresses these concerns quite nicely.

Miss Rezza
03-02-2005, 07:47 AM

Oh don't be such a girl.... you big, errr, girl!!

Focused70
03-02-2005, 07:50 AM
Move to a real city, duder. :p

Oh, wait, the cost of living here in NYC is triple that of Durham. :swear:

Stash

Wikked1
03-02-2005, 11:06 AM
I think I can excuse the lack of frequent updates with 500X4 Squats and speed bench with 315 .....that's just SIC!

Alex.V
03-07-2005, 04:24 PM
Rob- 7% does suck, but I pulled $150 on $800 in sales... after a 7% tipout.

People love me, what can I say.

MMN- I love those sites. There's another one, angry waitress or something. Good stuff. And all so true. And universal.

Rez- watch it, girl. How dare you come back just to give me hell. :)

Stash- yeah. No. I like my cheap rent. But I do miss cities that are worth a ****. Durham clearly isn't.

Wikked- Thank you, dude. They may be weekly updates from here on out. lol

Last weeks' been ok.... Benched 390 for an easy single, pulled 635 for a double, speed bench was nothing special since I was hurting, but today did the following on squats:

135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
405 x 2
535 x 2

Definitely a PR there. Went out for some sprints, then came home and died.

Not much else to report, really. Spring break next week, which doesn't mean all that much. I AM going to florida with the girl, though. This is a very nice thing.

I'm also pissed I couldn't go to the arnold classic.. it looks like it would have been a damn good time. Unfortunately, I'd be spending money, not making it, which is definitely a bad combination right now. :(

Anyway. The next meeting, I will not miss. That's a promise.

Pup
03-07-2005, 04:42 PM
Rob- 7% does suck, but I pulled $150 on $800 in sales... after a 7% tipout.

People love me, what can I say.

The ladies love Latino Heat.

Anyway. The next meeting, I will not miss. That's a promise.

That makes 2 of us.

SW
03-07-2005, 05:07 PM
You're really strong man. What happened to your joint?

Hatred
03-08-2005, 04:31 PM
I will never miss a major WBB meet ever again.

Coke
03-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Props on the squats pr, not that you need it as you stay over the top.

the doc
03-10-2005, 05:00 PM
ahoy!

you still thinking about med school?

Alex.V
03-13-2005, 12:24 PM
I did say weekly updates... I wasn't lying!

Rob- They do. But we won't get into that. The girlfriend wouldn't be happy about it. Let's just say I've gotten more phone numbers in the last month than at almost any given stretch in my life, and I haven't had to ask for a damn one.

S_w- old shoulder injury, recently exacerbated by a shoulder press (dumbbells) gone bad. :(

Nevermore- Make me feel even more left out, why dontcha. :mad:

Cocoa- thanks dude. Not feeling so over the top, though.

Mark- It's a thought. As is grad school. More on this later? (because right now I have no idea whatsoever)

So, this week, nothing exceptional. 395 for a single on bench, but it almost didn't go up (fingertip touch), so I'm not counting it for ****. It hurt, too. 635 on deads (maintaining there, back's still a little iffy), some speed dead work at 500 for multiple singles, nothing special on speed bench yesterday, but today:

Squats:

135 x 10, 225 x 5, 315 x 4, 405 x 3, 555 x 1, 405 x 3, 315 x 10

Worst spotting ever, too. One guy helped me unrack (on the right side). The left side didn't. Slightly unstable way to start.

asswipe. (the right side guy)

Anyway, went outside for some track work afterwards... warmed up with 1000m, then did a few 200's, some speed drills, and some practice starts (10 meter pickups)

And now it's on a plane to Florida. Sweet.

lilmase1153
03-13-2005, 03:16 PM
damn 555 is nuts bro and than you did some speed drills afterwards.. your nuts

Pup
03-13-2005, 05:50 PM
Have fun in Florida Alex...when your ass gets back, we'll have to talk grad school, cause i've been in that undecided boat for a while.

I'll PM you my cell number.

Good lifts, that 555 squat is just sick.

Alex.V
03-22-2005, 06:15 PM
lilmase- my nuts what?

:zipit:

I make me laugh.

Rob- I got the number... I have been absurdly busy since I got back; I actually have a new job/internship at the sports med lab here at Duke, so I've been buried in speechwriting and research for a while. But we'll chat, I can definitely use a sounding board for ideas; seems like you could, too.

So as for my weekly update...

My workout in florida sucked, but it was nice to know that I still get stares, even in a Gold's Gym in Florida. Over there, I skipped out on max bench, due to lack of chalk.. so we won't even post that workout. Thursday I pulled 640 without too much trouble, but my back's been bothering me a bit. Specifically, a point right on the spine, mid-lumbar region. I'm going to ignore the possibility of disk damage and move on.

Saturday, I benched with bands... starting on the bottom, using bands. Of course, they were the average bands, which meant that at the bottom I was only pushing 275, but at the top, more like 375. This hurt. For 3 sets of 5. Never borrow a really strong guy's squat bands.

Still, damn good workout.

And yesterday I squatted 560 for a single. That would be a PR, one that I am very happy with.

Today's workout:

BB bench:

135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 2
345 x 1
395 x 1
405 x 1

Nothing spectacular, but very good considering my shoulder's still not fully recovered. I probably could have hit 415 if I hadn't done the 395. 410 next week, if all things are still working right.

Did some abs, some back, some biceps, then wandered around admiring my new tan before leaving.

My ass still hurts from the squats and sprints yesterday. Ouch.

Bodyfat, as measured by the Bod Pod, is still in the 8% range.

And a diet sampling for yesterday:

Meal 1:
Double Whopper with cheese, no mayo
BK Spicy Fish sandwich

Meal 2:
Pro42 protein bar

Meal 3:
Gatorade
Scoop of protein powder.
Bunch of peanuts. The stupid kind you have to shell yourself

Meal 4:
22 ounces of Newcastle
1 order of Outback's medium wings
2 mini loaves of bread.
12 ounce steak
Sweet potato with brown sugar and butter
Brownie Sundae

Meal 5:
Leftover scone.

Note: I heart my diet.

neartaigh
03-22-2005, 06:23 PM
I <3 your diet too.

I hate you for it though. ;)

Awesome on the squat PR!! That`s just a sick amount of weight.

SalahG
03-22-2005, 07:20 PM
Strong lifts Belial, you could lift with any of our ball players, or anyone else in D-1a for that matter.

rookiebldr
03-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Sounds like we were in florida at the same time... maybe you got more sun where you were.

MJH
03-23-2005, 07:29 AM
Diet is great Alex, lol. Workouts look good, too. Are you still at Duke?

Wikked1
03-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Bodyfat, as measured by the Bod Pod, is still in the 8% range.

And a diet sampling for yesterday:

Meal 1:
Double Whopper with cheese, no mayo
BK Spicy Fish sandwich

Meal 2:
Pro42 protein bar

Meal 3:
Gatorade
Scoop of protein powder.
Bunch of peanuts. The stupid kind you have to shell yourself

Meal 4:
22 ounces of Newcastle
1 order of Outback's medium wings
2 mini loaves of bread.
12 ounce steak
Sweet potato with brown sugar and butter
Brownie Sundae

Meal 5:
Leftover scone.
Note: I heart my diet.

You make me hAet my own genetics you damn freak this just ain't right nor is it fair! Boy I'd like to back up my metabolism to that stage! Nice Squat PR and the bench ain't bad either too bad you're such a slacker when it comes to posting!
But that could be a good thing for the rest of us mortals!

Alex.V
03-29-2005, 02:57 PM
neartaigh- Thank you much. :)

Everybody can have a lil' burger king in their diet. I firmly believe that.

Salah- Thanks man... I probably could life with them, but that's about it. At this point, being out of football for so long, I'd get owned on the field.

Jeff- Hell yeah. It was sunny as hell, but we left just in time. The day of our flight was the start of a two day rainstorm.

Wikked- Nah, having this metabolism CAN suck sometimes. I really do get weak as hell if my diet is off calories for even a day. Burn through my stores like crazy, get hypoglycemic real quick... blech.

So the last week's been decent as far as workouts went. Pulled an easy 640.. not too concerned with the deadlifts lately. Squatting three days prior, rather than four, and the extra sprinting is hindering my recovery for them. As long as one of my lower/full body lifts is getting stronger, I'm happy.

Saturday did some quick benching, pounded 320 for 8 decently easily, dropped it to 235 for 18, but slowed down on rep 18. (So I stopped).

Monday was leg day, squatted as follows:

135 x 10
225 x 8
315 x 4
405 x 2
565 x 1.5

Actually, the first rep was the half one. Not nearly low enough... was so embarassed and angry with myself that I slammed the second one out. Almost blacked out afterwards.

I was very happy, my squat progress has been good lately. I do believe the sprinting is helping quite a bit; explosiveness is increasing, as is anaeobic endurance and flexibility. (The latter two are letting me squat with greater comfort, especially in the later sets. This is big for me, discomfort and fatigue even after warm up sets have been a major issue in the past).

Today...

Bench press:

135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 2
350 x 1
410 x 1

Not a PR, really, but certainly higher than I've gone in over 10 months (I believe). I think I scared some people... it was pretty slow, so I was attempting to yell "I got it" to the spotter. It kinda came out as "ARHGHD GRRAAAFHH REEET". This was clearly not english.

I also spoke to a few pretty girls. This is always fun.

The rest of the workout consisted of bi-angular rows, 5 plates per side, 3 sets of 8. Barbell curls with 135, and lots of fun hanging ab stuff.

Then I left.

I now present yesterday's diet:

Meal 1:
8 eggs
3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese
Two homemade scones (about 1.5 cups of flour, .25 cup sugar, 3 tablespoons chocolate chips, and 2 tablespoons butter.

Meal 2:
Balance bar

Meal 3:
Protein shake (3 scoops nitrean)
A dozen crackers.
Handful of peanuts

Meal 4:
1/4 pound cheese (forget the type)
4 ounces marinated octopus
Paella (pork, chicken, mussels, shrimp, risotto).. lots
Flourless chocolate cake

Meal 5:
Peanut butter sandwich
Two leftover chicken breasts

heathj
03-29-2005, 03:17 PM
I can't believe this journal still exists...

good job on the lifts recently :thumbup:

neartaigh
03-29-2005, 03:18 PM
A quarter POUND of cheese???? Good god, man.

But the pb sandwich after what looks like a gourmet meal is hilarious.

Awesome on the new PR too. Damn.

Focused70
03-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Wonder if Alex is getting all gourmet on us all of a sudden....

Hobbit Food Pr0nography

http://annavanel.free.fr/Images/food/IMG_0521.JPG

;)

Stash

Hatred
03-29-2005, 04:06 PM
Octopus = GAG.

_-_v_-_
03-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Dude, you are a freak. And not just because you like octopus :)

Hit me up on AIM sometime, if you're ever around. Take it easy, man.

Hockey66
03-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Wow, you are a beast man!

I was ever so impressed when I read your lifts and weight, then I saw that you were 8% bodyfat, and that made my jaw drop. :omg:

Stackattack
03-29-2005, 10:11 PM
Awesome Squatting Belial.

*looks at Stashs picture....vomits*

Alex.V
03-31-2005, 09:17 PM
Heath, good god. Welcome back to my humble journal.

Neartaigh.. it was a gourmet meal.. and you know how fast gourmet cheese can go. :D But hey, even the finest meal can be capped off by a good helping of peanut butter. Just like, uh, mom used to make.

Stash, what IS that???

Luke, I will. I'm really never on IM, though. Rene can attest to that.

Hockey, I'm really more impressive in my own mind, I think.. ;) Actually, no, I just got dealt a pretty damn decent genetic card... you should have seen my uncle, and he hardly worked out at all.

Stack, thank you sir.

I have not much else to add... had a deadlift workout today, but was feeling sick as hell... decided to work on reps and form, and good god is my back killing me.

Deadlifts:

135 x 4
225 x 6
315 x 3
405 x 4
500 x 8
500 x 6

Ouch.

Lateral raises with 60's, bent over laterals with 55's, then I started feeling obscenely sick, so I did some hanging leg raises and windshield wipers and got the hell out of there.

Best quote of the day: (From a really hot girl, after I told her I was bisexual)
"That makes sense to me. Everybody should get a chance with something so beautiful."

Heh.

Like my ego needs this.

And that's it.

rookiebldr
03-31-2005, 10:04 PM
What, you couldn't have mentioned something before I came to visit? ;)

Alex.V
03-31-2005, 10:07 PM
You never asked.

lol

rookiebldr
03-31-2005, 10:10 PM
My life is just full of missed opportunities. :(

Alex.V
03-31-2005, 10:19 PM
I'm sorry, man.

*starts singing "Turn Back Time" *

.... uh, yeah.

*leaves*

ectx
03-31-2005, 11:01 PM
Alex, you're not bisexual. You're just a whore.

GMCtrk
03-31-2005, 11:01 PM
Have you ever posted any pictures?

Alex.V
03-31-2005, 11:02 PM

Omnisexual, really.

GMC, not nearly lately.

rookiebldr
03-31-2005, 11:02 PM

Well, that would have worked too.

MixmasterNash
03-31-2005, 11:08 PM
As an asexual geek, I feel that I'm missing out in all cases. However, I'm certain that the Duke cheerleaders provide enough confusion for everyone involved.

Alex.V
03-31-2005, 11:09 PM
That's ok. You can have rene. He's asexual underneath the hair.

Alex.V
03-31-2005, 11:11 PM
And stop mocking Duke. I get that enough at work.

GMCtrk
03-31-2005, 11:11 PM
JJ reddick is so overrated it's not even funny

Alex.V
03-31-2005, 11:12 PM
Yeah, and I slept with the girl he was banging. I hear he's overrated in more ways than one. I don't like the ****er either.

Focused70
04-01-2005, 05:58 AM
It's octopus being prepared for the stewpot. You have to skin it and get rid of the beak and all that good stuff. Thought you might like a bird's eye view of something you ate. ;)

Oh, and a little pant sniffing goes a long way, from what I hear. :hump:

Stash

Pup
04-01-2005, 06:51 AM
Best quote of the day: (From a really hot girl, after I told her I was bisexual)
"That makes sense to me. Everybody should get a chance with something so beautiful."

Heh.

Like my ego needs this.

And that's it.

What i find truly surprising about this is that you don't have that quoted in your sig.

heathj
04-01-2005, 02:03 PM
I had Duke going to the final 4...bastards. I got a question Alex that I never quite understood.

Is it pronounced
Beh-Lyle or
Beh-Lial??????

or neither?

Alex.V
04-08-2005, 06:47 PM
Beh-lee-awl, Beh-lie-all... there are many ways to pronounce it... depends on which language you're saying it in. :)

Stash, it's still breathtakingly disgusting when viewed like that.

Rob, people already know entirely too much. Besides, I don't want to seem TOO egotistical.

I mean, right?

Anyway, I'm exhausted. Spent the entire day moving. Lots of heavy ****. A lot of it by myself. Including a sofa. It was impressive, yet stupid. I should have gotten help.

But I did bench 415 easily, even though the spot sucked. I may consolidate at this weight.

Then squatted 570 for a single, nice and deep. It hurt, and was very, very slow. I may back off for some more speed-oriented work.

Yes, the consensus on these lifts is that they've been exploding, but I definitely can feel it in my joints and muscles. The fact that I'm healthy again has done wonders, but I'm feeling a great deal of lower back pain... I just hope it's not disk damage.

Speaking of pain, I gauged up the tongue piercing to a 4G. Holy crap it hurts. Hurt a hell of a lot more than the initial pierce.

Anyway, that's it for now. I need to chew more ice.

neartaigh
04-08-2005, 06:56 PM
How about "Belly Eel"?

I have to move next month. I`m getting help. But then, I can`t bench anywhere close to 415.

cphafner
04-08-2005, 08:29 PM
damn that is some strong stuff. 4h is crazy. I had such a small tounge ring in college, HY had a big ass bar through his tounge. Pyschos.

chris mason
04-09-2005, 04:03 PM
Alex, why the **** did you pierce your tongue?

_-_v_-_
04-09-2005, 04:27 PM
He didn't pierce his tongue any more than he benched 415 :)

He's a figment of our collective imagination -- the ghost in the proverbial machine.

JK.

neartaigh
04-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Pierced tongues are good for the ladies. ;)

getfit
04-09-2005, 04:39 PM
Pierced tongues are good for the ladies. ;)
yup yup i have to agree hun! omg :drooling: :drooling:

Focused70
04-10-2005, 06:57 AM
You guys are weird. :hump:

Stash

chris mason
04-10-2005, 11:09 AM
No need to mutilate the body to please a woman...

Alex is no figment of my imaginaton, I have met him in person.

neartaigh
04-10-2005, 11:16 AM
No need to mutilate the body to please a woman...

Alex is no figment of my imaginaton, I have met him in person.

Mutilate, decorate....tomayto tomahto. ;)

_-_v_-_
04-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Chris: I know :)

I just like giving him a hard time. After all, he's stronger than I'll ever be.

Pup
04-10-2005, 06:51 PM
a 4 gauge...good god alex, you must have brass balls.

_8_Ball
04-11-2005, 06:38 AM
You know what they say about guys with a pierce tongue... :)

(I know you've heard it a thousand times... but it's still funny... )

Awsome strengh man... pretty incredible...

Alex.V
04-21-2005, 07:17 PM
8-Ball- Yeah, they're sleeping with your girlfriend.

Chris- Honestly, tongue piercings are fun. They are decorative, fun to play with (and weird out those around you), and holy **** can they get a girl off. It's not really mutilation, either. Totally reversible. After a few years. The 4 gauge isn't bad... Now that the swelling's down, I'm contemplating a 2.

I mean. It can never be too big, really. Bodybuilders should understand this. Some of the ladies may disagree.

ANYWAY. I just figured I'd save my journal from the depths here. Thanks for the props, guys. Alls of ya. The last week's been rough, workouts have been spotty.

I consolidated on bench, hitting 410 without too much trouble, along with speed reps (315 for 9, no problem), moved up on squat to 575 (10 pounds off 6 plates!). Almost got a double.

But really I didn't. My spotter can attest to the fact that I missed.

I almost killed my manager at Chang's, I now have two clients for my personal training... and I have a good prospect at a lab here at Duke for next year. So there's good with the bad.

Right now just a little torn up. My girl's dad has basically disowned her; cut her off completely, financially and seemingly emotionally. It has to do mostly with her making some decisions he doesn't agree with, but his response has been out of line. The last few days have been rough as I'm trying to keep her chin up, but it's really starting to batter me down too. I dunno. I just hate seeing her so damn sad. And I hate the man for it... I didn't like him before; the guy lacks all compassion and has the emotional maturity of a 12 year old, but this has really crossed the line.

Still, not much I can say. It's her father, and I'm kinda bound to show him at least some respect.

ARGH.

This is why the gym is a good release.

Hatred
04-21-2005, 07:21 PM
Totally reversible. After a few years. The 4 gauge isn't bad... Now that the swelling's down, I'm contemplating a 2.

I mean. It can never be too big, really.
Alex. I have to disagree with the statement that it is reversible.
I had a 4 gauge for 5 yrs,Never chippedor cracked a tooth.never played with it. (used the hell out of it though)
I lost bone in my jaw from where the ball rested behind my front lower tooth.
I have to get a graft now.

Alex.V
04-21-2005, 07:47 PM
You got it done entirely too close to the teeth; a good piercer will never insert a tongue piercing that interferes with normal mouth movement; that includes touching the hard palate or gums.

_-_v_-_
04-21-2005, 08:14 PM
B:

Sorry to hear about the girl, man.

The father of a good friend of mine did the same to her. Because she had the unmitigated gall to pursue a career in photography rather than in the ministry, he effectively disowned her.

Isaac Wilkins
04-21-2005, 08:15 PM
B:

Sorry to hear about the girl, man.

The father of a good friend of mine did the same to her. Because she had the unmitigated gall to pursue a career in photography rather than in the ministry, he effectively disowned her.

Well, she obviously didn't know her place. Duh.

:rolleyes:

neartaigh
04-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Belial-
That sucks about her father. My father did the same thing to me a bunch of years ago. We managed to settle a truce after a few years, but it`s really rough to be judged and rejected by someone who is supposed to love you unconditionally.

If it`s any comfort, your anger is probably helpful for her. I know when I was going through it, I felt too hurt to be angry...and frankly, like I didn`t quite have the right to be that pissed at my own father. My then-b/f was outraged on my behalf, and it was a huge relief for me to sort of live vicariously through his anger.

Good luck with it all. It sucks, is all.

-Jen

Alex.V
05-10-2005, 10:01 AM
Damn, it's been a while since I updated...

But I did want to share one recent accomplishment...

Squats yesterday:

135 x 10
225 x 6
315 x 4
405 x 2
585 x 1 (!)
405 x 8
315 x 12

Big fat ****ing PR... Nice rep, but... ****, that felt heavy as hell.

Had my spotter confirm depth.

My legs are still hurting.

Other than that, pulled something in my shoulder/lat area while deadlifting, but that seems to be healing well.

Not much else to report with workouts as of late.

But I'm still pretty damn happy about my squat. Yessir.

Focused70
05-10-2005, 10:10 AM
oh wow, Alex lives.

heathj
05-10-2005, 10:39 AM
damn 6pps you f*cking beast!

_8_Ball
05-10-2005, 11:56 AM
Absolutly awsome man! wow... 585... that's some heavy ****..

Alex.V
05-14-2005, 04:36 PM
Wow, so last thursday I pulled something in my back... right side, under the arm. Figured it was a serratus pull or possibly one of the teres muscles.

Turns out it probably was one of the teres... as evidenced by the huge ****ing bruise under my arm from where the injured muscle bled profusely under the skin.

Funny, it didn't seem to hurt that badly.

But it's really hampering some of my workouts. So I've been taking it easy... since it is basically an accessory group, I can still do the majority of lifts without too much difficulty. But pull-ups and the like are impossible.

Still, today did some relatively light speed benching with 275, three sets of 10. Last workout was deadlifts, pulled 585 for 4, could have done more but form was breaking down (being paranoid about my back)...

Other than that, nothing fascinating to report. No new PR attempts since then, and I'm nursing myself back to health.

Start bartending next week, as well as more regular hours down at the sports med lab at Duke. So I'll be busy as hell. Kinda looking forward to it, given how damn bored I've been lately.

btw, women are ****in psychotic. that is all.

Hatred
05-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Yes they are.

Focused70
05-14-2005, 06:56 PM
an any woman with great tits in norway go left, no matter what direction the boobies go.

Another great quote by the eminently quotable Rock. :nod:

Stash

Maki Riddington
05-14-2005, 07:33 PM
I don't know why I bother to visit your journal Alex. You keep getting stronger and stronger and stronger and..... well, you get it.:)

Alex.V
06-01-2005, 06:44 AM
Two muscle tears in three weeks... Granted they were very small ones, but I've been pushing entirely too hard. I haven't hurt this badly or been this banged up since I used tren. Teres major tear a few weeks ago, and I just re-pulled my biceps tendon.

Since I've had some damn good workouts in the meantime, though.

Squats... two workouts ago, I hit:
550 x 4

Last week,
590 x 1 (!)

Bench press, yesterday was
390 x 2
and it was during the second rep that I yanked the muscle. Ouch. It's a little sore today, I have no idea when it will recover.
Also hit 315 x 10 and 240 x 25 on other bench workouts.

Deadlifts have been nothing spectacular, 585 for multiple reps, usually 3-4 on the heaviest set. Mostly just trying to push it a little on certain lifts, and maintain on others. I do need to back off, though, my body's falling apart.

Though I do have more ab veins now.

And my girlfriend's getting her hood pierced today.

So at least two things are making me pretty happy right now.

_8_Ball
06-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Also hit 315 x 10

Reminds me of Levrone in M3... I hope you heal up quickly...

You continue to impress us all... I wonder why you don't compete?

Focused70
06-01-2005, 08:00 AM
585 for multiple reps on deads is pretty impressive, cabron. :p

Stash

neartaigh
06-02-2005, 03:00 PM
And my girlfriend's getting her hood pierced today.

It`s like a "play here" button.

WARNING: TMI below!!!

Just warn her that tampon strings can get tied up in the ring and make for some very silly walking until she has a chance to duck behind something and....uhh....adjust herself...lol.....

cphafner
06-03-2005, 07:43 PM
damn you are a beast.

Alex.V
06-12-2005, 03:19 PM
It`s like a "play here" button.

WARNING: TMI below!!!

Just warn her that tampon strings can get tied up in the ring and make for some very silly walking until she has a chance to duck behind something and....uhh....adjust herself...lol.....

Definitely not remotely TMI. It forces me to think intently about vaginas. This is never a bad thing.

And thank you guys, but I'm still an injured beast, really.

Squats are going ok.. 560 for 3 today, along with some good sprints afterwards... deads are still holding well, 600 for two easy reps, would have pulled a third if I hadn't been feeling some tweaking in my injured back muscle. Right now I'm actually playing it somewhat smart and trying to lay off everything a bit until my body's ready to push it again.

Even with the injured bicep/pec, I can push 225 up without much discomfort on the flat bench, which means that it's healing pretty quickly. Hopefully in two to three weeks I'll be back up to pushing for new maxes there, as well as in the deadlift.

Other than that, nothing's new. I weighed in at 228 post workout, 234 after rehydrating following my run. I do have a relaxed shot of my leg just before I took a shower, though... I should really try this pic flexed to show muscle size/definition, but it does give some idea how my bodyfat's still dropping. A few veins, although it all does look a little washed out. My girl's actually said she wants to take some pictures for her own, uh, purposes, so I may find some PG-13 rated ones I can upload. I gotta say, I am happier with how I look now than I've ever been.

And that's about it.

Jabberwocky
06-12-2005, 03:24 PM
That pic is awesome.

getfit
06-12-2005, 03:49 PM
holy leg shot! super veins!

Coke
06-13-2005, 04:35 AM
.. I should really try this pic flexed to show muscle size/definition, but it does give some idea how my bodyfat's still dropping...I gotta say, I am happier with how I look now than I've ever been.

What bodyfat?? quads are lean and massive!! - U really ought to be very proud.

Alex.V
07-10-2005, 07:17 PM
So not much to report lately... pec tear and back injuries are keeping me down a bit. Did post up a 585 squat for a double today, which I was pretty damn proud of. Good depth, too. Deadlifts are moving along, almost got the third rep on 635 this thursday. And bench is recovering, hit 315 for 11 without too much pain at all. Otherwise, bodyfat is still dropping, with serratus pretty clearly visible all the time, another vein in the abs showing, striations in my obliques and delts, etc.

So really, I guess things are working just fine. Haven't weighed myself, but it's about the same.

In other news, stopped at a gas station today coming back from Charlotte... ended up talking to these four really hot girls. Went off to buy some frappucinos, and when I start to head out one girl hands me a piece of paper with four names and numbers written on it.

Then she told me they were all going to be seniors in high school.

I feel dirty yet good.

Hockey66
07-10-2005, 08:12 PM
:( I want to be 235 at 8%.

rookiebldr
07-10-2005, 08:16 PM
*bites tongue

Pec tear and yet still able to get 315x11 and do deads. Sweet.

Alex.V
07-17-2005, 03:03 PM
Pec tear is better, managed 365 for a triple without pain, and 235 for what could be a PR of 27... also pulled 645 for a double on thursday, and today had some damn good squats:

135 x 10
225 x 6
315 x 4
405 x 2
600 x 2 (!)
425 x 9
425 x 7

I was quite pleased. Didn't go out and run, because the weather turned to crap, but still felt pretty damn good overall.

Still in the recovery phase for my lats, though. Ouch.

And truly not all that much else to report. Life is good, the live-in girl is good... and I really need to switch jobs, because I am getting entirely too much ass offered to me as a bartender, and I think it's not making the girl happy. The chicks couldn't even have the courtesy of being raging bisexuals so that we could do the group sex thing.

Anyway, I need to shower and go grocery shopping, there's no damn food in this place at all.

Regular updates pending injury recovery.

Dedicated
07-18-2005, 05:05 PM
LOL at the dirty yet good.

Interesting problem with being a bartender heh, I wish I had that problem. Reading your journal makes me want to go workout, I love it. I hope your injury heals quickly.

ElPietro
07-18-2005, 05:49 PM
I still think you are just a 14 year old kid with an intarweb ego the size of texas!

KevinStarke
07-18-2005, 08:49 PM
Daaaaaaaamn man better change that signature now.

_-_v_-_
07-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Good to hear things are going well, Alex.

Given any futher thought to med school at some point? What are you doing now -- besides working, I mean -- anyway?

Manveet
07-24-2005, 04:39 PM
In other news, stopped at a gas station today coming back from Charlotte... ended up talking to these four really hot girls. Went off to buy some frappucinos, and when I start to head out one girl hands me a piece of paper with four names and numbers written on it.

Then she told me they were all going to be seniors in high school.

I feel dirty yet good.

I don't know what makes me hate you more. The fact that you are 235lbs @ 8% bf or the fact that you have groups of hot highschool girls willing to do anything with you.

damn you :cry:

Alex.V
07-24-2005, 05:33 PM
LP- Shhh! It's teh intarweb, it doesn't matter who I am. Or even what's true. So shut up.

Dedicated- It wouldn't be a problem, except my girl does like hanging out when I work. Then I get, um, repeat customers. And I get into trouble. :angel:

Manveet- Don't you remember high school? Would you really WANT a bunch of high school girls willing to do anything with you? Just remember how painful the god damn pillow talk was with one of them, let alone four.

Luke- Working, and taking some biochem classes, grad level. WHEE!

So it's been a week since my last workout... No real highlights in said week. Still rehabilitating the chest, which means I smoked 405 on the bench yesterday with no trouble... Deadlifts were good thursday, hitting 655 with no hitch, followed by 500 x 12, which led to lots of shin bleeding.

And today, squats were good:

135 x 10
225 x 6
315 x 4
405 x 2
605 x 2 (!)
405 x 12
405 x 12

These were all very painful. The rest of the workout was just recovering from the pain. Though I did run a 2:29 800, which is getting better.

That's about it... I need to get some eats.

KevinStarke
07-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Holy crap, amazing squats man.

_-_v_-_
07-25-2005, 08:55 AM
How much you eating, now, anyway? And are you currently..."assisted," in any way? :)

EDIT: And re: med school... I start on the 11th. Good god. What have I gotten myself into?

SpecialK
07-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Excellent squats!

Alex.V
07-31-2005, 09:24 PM
Well, I was supposed to try for 610 today on squats, but was feeling like crap.

The week:

Hit 410 on bench with little trouble. Not bad for a torn up chest. Lats are still killing me. Destroyed 660 on the deadlift, followed by 500 x 12 on same.

Yesterday, 315 for 12 on bench press, followed by 250 x 19

And today:

Squats:

135 x 8
225 x 6
315 x 4
405 x 1
600 x 2
425 x 14/15 (I forget. Was in too much pain)
405 x 8

Followed by a 53-54 second 400m run outside. I'm still slow.

And that's all the highlights, really.

V, my diet consists of copious amounts of Burger King (double whoppers with cheese and spicy fish sandwiches), bread, oatmeal, peanut butter, chicken, sirloin steaks, rice, pasta, eggs, and milk. You want calories? uh.... ~4k a day. Ish.

And that's that.

cosmicdebree88
07-31-2005, 09:44 PM
All I can say is WOW! I don't normally read your journal, but today I decided to check out some journals just for the hell of it. This is what I saw:

Pg.1

I'd like to see the squat at 265, bench at 245, and deadlift at 335 by the end of the summer.

Last Page:

Hit 410 on bench with little trouble. Not bad for a torn up chest. Lats are still killing me. Destroyed 660 on the deadlift, followed by 500 x 12 on same.

:omg:

AMAZING progress man! Keep doing whatever your doing! :thumbup:

GMCtrk
07-31-2005, 10:13 PM
you are the man!

KevinStarke
07-31-2005, 11:58 PM
Incredible squatting man.

karsel
08-01-2005, 12:45 AM
I'm in the same boat as cosmic, after seeing your original lifts and looknig at them now i've gotta say well done man!!! come a long way, prime example that hard work and dedication pays off.

Good on ya!

Canadian Crippler
08-01-2005, 01:07 AM
I agree. It's really amazing to look back at the progress you've made in just 4 short years. I sure damn hope I can do the same.

southside
08-01-2005, 01:40 AM
can we see pics of the awesomeness? 8% bf is pretty amazin for that bf. i only kno one other dude thats probably as cut on another forum, just wanna compare..

Alex.V
08-07-2005, 04:28 PM
4 years... damn, thanks for reminding me how damn old I'm getting, and how long I've been at this. lol.

I appreciate the words, though. It's always kinda nice to get reinforcement. Inasmuch as others see the accomplishments, I always see the shortcomings; things I've missed, places I haven't gotten, injuries that have kept me back...

I guess that's how we all are, though. I mean, we see ourselves in the mirror every day, and the rush from an accomplishment lasts until the next challenge, while the depression from a failure lasts much longer.

And I suppose pics will come, eventually. I never particularly liked having pics of myself on the internet, I've never really felt like I'm where I want to be. So if they come up, they'll have to be candids. Meanwhile, I guess I'll just have to meet anybody who's really THAT curious.

But it's been a decent week for workouts.

Hit 405 x 2 on bench this tuesday, no problems there. Back was still hurting, so the back workout was short and sweet. Poundages are creeping back up, though, so I'm hoping I'm on the mend.

Smoked 665 on deadlift thursday, then pulled 500 x 10 without collapsing (a first).

Yesterday, nothing special on bench for reps... 315 x 11, I believe.

And today, squats:

135 x 5
225 x 4
315 x 2
405 x 2
610 x 2 (!)
405 x 16

There was a paused between each of the last 3 reps on the last set. And my depth on the first rep at 610 wasn't fantastic, probably not legal. This worries me. It's nice to know I can bear down at get depth once I know I can handle the weight, but I'd like to be able to get it on the first rep. That's all that matters in competition, really. It's psychological, though... I'm worried about bottoming out and failing on a max attempt. I need to get over that; it's not like it hasn't happened before, I'm just petrified that, at this weight, with the spotters at my gym being mediocre at best, I'll crush myself and break something. This leads to way too much hesitation. One cannot be ginger when attempting to lift heavy weights (injuries notwithstanding).

Finished with a 53 second 400. Not too shabby. Not great, but not bad.

And that's about it. I also finally got the new kitty. Pictures coming soon.

Lack of sleep is killing me, btw. Damn crying in the middle of the night., He did finally stop crying and fell asleep. At 11:00 this morning.

Blood&Iron
08-08-2005, 08:04 AM
I guess that's how we all are, though. I mean, we see ourselves in the mirror every day, and the rush from an accomplishment lasts until the next challenge, while the depression from a failure lasts much longer.

And I suppose pics will come, eventually. I never particularly liked having pics of myself on the internet, I've never really felt like I'm where I want to be. So if they come up, they'll have to be candids. Meanwhile, I guess I'll just have to meet anybody who's really THAT curious.

True enough.

At 235 @ 8%, though, there's no way you can look anything but impressive. As someone who's followed your progress for awhile now, I think I speak for many when I say: just post a few pics here. Like you (and I have much more reason than you), I'm not happy with what I look like either. I would never create a dedicated photo thread, but a few pics in one's journal for folks that care enough to check regularly is not quite as terrible--although I still hate doing it, myself.

You're basically where I've always strived to be (235-245 at 8-10%) and personally it'd be inspiration to see some pics.

Canadian Crippler
08-08-2005, 08:51 AM
I'm skinny-fat, weak, ugly, pale, and pimply... yet my pics are all over WBB. :D

Another vote for taking some snapshots. As said, 235 @ 8% cant be anything less than impressive.

fixationdarknes
08-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Yeah, post some pics. And wow...you are an F'ing beast. Those numbers are insane.

RickTheDestroyer
08-08-2005, 09:01 AM
It would be super awesome if the pics also involve big shiny sharp things... I think you know what I mean.
:ninja:

Stackattack
08-09-2005, 07:33 AM
Awesome strength man.
In my endless searchings and reading of your journal, i think i've come across only 3 pics ever. And they were all vague as hell. So i concur. Post some pics.

ElPietro
08-09-2005, 08:18 AM
Haha, his sig is like 2 years old now! And he's mexican so you can't trust!

I can't believe you guys still think he actually exists!

Al if you don't show up at the arnold this year, I'm perma deleting this journal and sending Rookie down there to rape you.

SpecialK
08-09-2005, 08:34 AM
Insane squats!

_8_Ball
08-09-2005, 09:50 AM
Amazing workouts man... 235 @ 8% ... we would all love to see that... (not that I don't believe you, but rather for insperation as B&I said... )

How is the Pony? still working / running well?

rookiebldr
08-09-2005, 12:14 PM
Meanwhile, I guess I'll just have to meet anybody who's really THAT curious.

I guess I counted as being one who was THAT curious.

Al if you don't show up at the arnold this year, I'm perma deleting this journal and sending Rookie down there to rape you.

:evillaugh

Narcissus
08-11-2005, 01:39 PM
....with the spotters at my gym being mediocre at best, I'll crush myself and break something...

if you didn't work so damn often and went in at the same time that all the cool people do (well, me anyways) you could get a decent spot. i'm sure cheo and i wouldnt be as ginger as whoever it is you have helping you now

oh, and re: his pics ... his abs own you.

Patz
08-11-2005, 04:04 PM
I hate new, whiny kittens....omg they cry sooooo much. they never shut up....

but it's worth it..lol.

Alex.V
08-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Worth it if they stay healthy.

My little guy's in the hospital right now... I couldn't have worse luck with kittens. I do everything right and **** still happens to them. He got sick on wednesday night, couldn't keep down food or water. Got him to the vet... long story short, they couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong with him, but had him on IV fluids, broad spectrum antibiotics, etc., looking for possible clues.. an x-ray showed what COULD be a partial obstruction. If a third set of scans tonight shows artifact in the same area, he's getting surgery tomorrow.

Total bill at that point: $650 for the kitten, $800 for the vet visits, $500 for the surgery.

I can't afford this. But I'll figure out how to pay it. I'm all the little ****er's got.

Anyway... workouts have been decent, but I haven't really been into them lately (for the abovementioned reasons). Benched 415 for a double tuesday, which I was pleased with. Pulled 675 for a single on thursday, squatted 600 for a double today, along with a 52/53 second 400m afterwards. Still maintaining weight and bodyfat pretty well, so I'm pleased.

More updates on tuesday or wednesday, once I feel like coming out of my shell. The kitten problems should be settled by then, one way or another.

Isaac Wilkins
08-28-2005, 05:26 PM
Good luck with the kitten, bro.

MM
08-28-2005, 05:30 PM
I'm skinny-fat, weak, ugly, pale, and pimply... yet my pics are all over WBB. :D

Tall/scrawny/weak/pale here. With half a ****ing leg, and WBB has seen it all.

MM
08-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Total bill at that point: $650 for the kitten, $800 for the vet visits, $500 for the surgery.

I can't afford this. But I'll figure out how to pay it. I'm all the little ****er's got.

That's rough Bel. We had a cat die of cancer, and it was very rough and expensive. Hope everything works out alright.

getfit
08-28-2005, 05:33 PM
i'm sorrry to hear about kitty!

i absolutely adore cats and love my old gal to death!

hope everything will be ok! :)

_-_v_-_
10-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Any updates, man? Hope all is good. Best wishes with the kitten.

Silverback
10-28-2005, 03:05 PM
Just finished off reading right through the journal (used to read and post but missed out last year or so)

Gotta say that any newbie should use this as their bible, training wise, nutrition wise, everything!!!

Just shows how the little things add up to create something special. When B started he was low 180's, fast forward and we have 230's and lean. Just shows this doesnt happen overnight and takes a hell of a lot of hard work.

But now he can walk around jacked without having to worry about increasing weights, food intake etc... all at the age of 25. Im not sure what your goals are but that is an extremely good position to be in. Cant give enough credit to you bro :)

M.J.H.
10-28-2005, 03:28 PM
I completely agree with you there, Big-Andy. :)

Stackattack
10-28-2005, 07:39 PM
I too concur with the above. I've begun reading through this a second time.
How about an update?

Focused70
10-28-2005, 08:21 PM
All he has to do now is market a line of personal fragrances and he's set for life.

;)

Teh BDK
11-28-2005, 02:41 PM
I sense a power vacuum in this journal. Any longer without an update and I might just have to board this journal and take the bitch over.

Alex.V
03-29-2006, 09:37 PM
So I figured I'd dredge this ancient piece of crap up for an update... I finally got my training dialed in somewhat, so I might keep it going for a while longer...

Just a quick update on stats and lifts...

Currently doing the same split with some minor changes.

Best lifts at the current time:

Best bench, still recovering from a minor pec tear 5 months ago:

345 x 10

and on a ME day:

425 x 3

These are definitely PRs.

Best deadlift day:

Not pushing any true maxes, trying to hit multiple singles at six plates plus to improve limit work capacity...

585 x 1, 600 x 1, 625 x 1, 660 x 1, 585 x 1

These were consecutive.

Also squatted 555 for a triple with just a belt. Legal depth, certainly.

Same bodyweight, bodyfat around 7-8% is my guess.

And I'll go from there, I suppose.

Bohizzle
03-29-2006, 09:55 PM
ur ****in large and in charge man... do u plan to compete at anytime or do anything of the sort, or is it all just for fun/looks/strength?

Andrew

dw06wu
03-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Massive.

Sidior
03-29-2006, 11:13 PM
glad to see this is up and running again

Built
03-30-2006, 01:33 AM
I didn't realize you had a sick kitty! I'm so sorry! I'm a total sucker for cats. How's your baby?

Pup
03-30-2006, 06:07 AM
Whoa snap!

...nice to see you back in journal land Alex, I look forward to reading of your awesomeness :cool:

Anthony
03-30-2006, 06:48 AM
345x10 and still recovering. Do you know how much hate I feel inside right now? Deads and squats are sick, as usual. Hope the little guy is doing better than you last posted.

WillKuenzel
03-30-2006, 03:31 PM
Ya'll do know that its all made up. He's really a fat midget (smaller than Anthony) that's never lifted before.

...oh and did I mention he drives a neon.

ectx
03-30-2006, 03:42 PM
A Pink neon. He tries to butch it up with a mustang hood ornament though. LOL.

Glad to see you're back alex. Looking forward to getting inspired and amused in here again. Now dance monkey dance!

Beast
03-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Do you just work on the big 3?

Alex.V
03-31-2006, 03:44 PM
Beast- mostly... overall goal is still strength over size. Competition might be in my future, I just need to get healthy and stay healthy!

Built- That was a while ago... the cat's fat and healthy now.. actually, he's sick again now that we have a new kitten in the house.. shelter cat, brought in an URI. It's endless, ain't it. I should post some pictures, they're absurdly adorable.

Rob- Dude, it's been ages in every respect. We gotta catch up, bro.

Will, Rene- I'll deal with you both later. Punk asses. Don't knock my neon with a mustang body kit. It's hot.

Anthony- I do appreciate the concern, even if it's layered with hate. I'd expect nothing less.

And deads on thursday were meh... Work sets:

585 x 2, 625 x 1, 665 x 1, 585 x 1

Smoked 665, should have thrown another 15-20 on there for my heavy set, but wussed out. Just as well I didn't try it afterwards, the last 585 was absurdly slow.

In other news, I still hate biochemistry.

ElPietro
03-31-2006, 04:02 PM
bitch!

Sidior
03-31-2006, 05:04 PM
mind boggling deadlifts man, what does your training split look like now a days?

Pup
04-01-2006, 06:25 AM
Nice pulling...i'll PM you my cell #.

...and yea, biochemistry is teh suck.

Beast
04-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Last time I checked in here was... a long time ago. I think you were going into EMS at the time. Why are you taking biochem?

Anyway, I highly suggest "Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry"... best biochem book out there. It's a medical board review book, but it has lots of pretty pictures and clear explanations.

Oh, and sorry about the Duke upset!

Franco
04-02-2006, 05:42 AM
Impressive stuff!

How long do you have left at uni now?

ectx
04-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Anyway, I highly suggest "Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry"... best biochem book out there. It's a medical board review book, but it has lots of pretty pictures and clear explanations.

My favorite biochem book is Lehninger's, but I used Lippincott's reviews to tutor a group of PA students. I have to say I really enjoyed using it and they seemed to grasp the concepts better when I used Lippincotts as opposed to Lehninger.

I'm glad I didn't place any money on Duke this year. LOL...not that it matters...I had UCONN taking it. LOL.

Alex.V
04-11-2006, 09:10 PM
Biochem... for graduate school, I hope. Medical school is probably out of the question, for a number of reasons I decided I have no desire whatsoever to work with sick people. Pharmas it is, likely. Research or business side.

I really should pick up one of those books; the one we use is crap. At this point it'd be for personal edification; I'll likely work for a year or two before taking the GRE and doing my applications. This semester marks the end of class for me, until they're part of a full-term graduate program.

As for the split... still the same.

Tuesday: Max bench, back, biceps.
Thursday: Deadlifts, shoulders, light running
Saturday: Speed bench, chest and triceps.
Sunday: Squats, sprints

So highlights from this last week... Last thursday I pulled 675 for a single (smoked it, second time ever hitting 7 plates per side), the immediately tried 700. Got it a few inches up, but was too burnt to complete it. Probably try 685 this week, which WOULD be a PR.

Saturday, benched 355 x 8, felt decently strong on them, no pain.

Sunday, squatted 560 for a solid single with no equipment except belt. That is a wrap-less PR. Sprints afterwards went decently, but no times to report.

Today, finally hit a big three PR... benched 440 x 1, and probably had 5-10 pounds to spare. I was VERY pleased.

But nothing else of note. I owe $950 in taxes. Which sucks.

ericg
04-12-2006, 06:16 AM
Some strong ass numbers man! How do you like the sprinting after squatting?

Anthony
04-12-2006, 06:22 AM
Balreagj dsklf ... aren't you ****ing injured? Stop benching more than I squat!! :swear:

Alex.V
04-13-2006, 11:50 PM
Sprinting after squatting sucks. It's painful. And rather slow. But if I sprint at any other time, I really slow down my recovery.

Anthony, yes I am injured, and if I don't pay attention to that soon, you'll be curling more than I'm benching. :D

Today I deadlifted 685. It was a PR. I was quite happy.

I still hurt. A lot.

brickt.
04-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Today I deadlifted 685.

Belial>WBB

ericg
04-14-2006, 06:27 AM
What kind of injuries do you have? Didnt you have RC/AC joint issues at one point?

Congrats on the DL.

Alex.V
04-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Injuries.... Um, everything I think. RC, bicep tendon (bilateral), lat tears (bilateral), pulled hamstring (right), torn hamstring (left), torn teres major (right), pec tear (left).... and that's just diagnosed.

Not all at once, of course. Currently just recovering from the pec tear, lat strains, and re-pulled right hamstring. Meh.

Saturday was mediocre bench work... hit 360 x 7, which was nice, but it shoulda been 8. Today squatted 565 to good depth with just a belt, but it was slow. Double some light bands and did reverse band squats, 3 sets of 12 with 525 on the bar. Went out for sprints, did 6 x 100 with a total of about a mile jogging in warm up and cool down.

That's 'bout it yo.

Chris Rodgers
04-18-2006, 04:10 PM
When you plan to compete in the future, do you plan on using gear or going RAW?? As much as you love the raw stuff, wearing the gear regularly on squats and stuff can help prevent some of these nagging pains and injuries. My knees and hips/hammies never hurt too bad until I was doing the raw squats every week. Now I stopped them and everything feels better. Just a thought.

Oh and BTW, I hate you and your disgusting strength. That is all.

Alex.V
04-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Y'know, I do plan on using gear, I just honestly need to finally invest in the right stuff. I haven't changed in size much in the last six months, so it might finally be time to pony up the cash. It makes sense, given the nature of my injuries, that a squat suit and bench shirt would drastically reduce my problems.

And, thanks man, from a guy with your total I take that as high praise, even if it's laced with hate.

Today I benched 445 for a single. There's less and less room on these. When I hit 435 I felt good for another rep, possibly another 15-20 pounds. This one, I had, but with another five or ten on it it would have been a struggle. I think I might plateau in the next week or two.

Rest of the workout was back and bi's, nothing tremendously inspiring.

Stumprrp
04-18-2006, 06:48 PM
you my friend, ARE A BEAST.

Chris Rodgers
04-18-2006, 08:17 PM
That is an awesome bench.

Just for a comparison, one of my best friends and training partner, Pete, has benched ~400 for a singleand weighs between 220 and 242. He has hit 660 in competition! GET A BENCH SHIRT!!! :P

Sidior
04-18-2006, 09:34 PM
massive bench man

Alex.V
04-25-2006, 10:33 PM
That is an awesome bench.

Just for a comparison, one of my best friends and training partner, Pete, has benched ~400 for a singleand weighs between 220 and 242. He has hit 660 in competition! GET A BENCH SHIRT!!! :P

Hm. Actually, that does make me very happy. My bench is definitely nearing its limit (for the time being), I can feel it in my shoulders and what's left of my left pec.

So when it comes to fitting/sizing/brands, do you have any recommendations? I mean, I haven't honestly been up on equipment for the last year or so, so I'm not sure what's the most popular and/or the most effective these days.

I did have a good workout today as well... benched again. Hit 450 for a single, then 405 x 4. This was pretty good, I think, with negligible discomfort.

My workouts for the last week were uninspiring. I got 700 to my knees on thursday then bitched out. I suck.

Teh BDK
04-26-2006, 12:07 AM
Jesus. To the knees? You should be ON your knees, turkey! I don't know how you're able to walk around this forum after that.

In fact, I may stop lifting altogether after reading this.

But that's a damn nice bench.

lilmase1153
04-26-2006, 01:59 AM
Your just phreaky bro, and this is all raw..

you + Gear = Over for the world

Alex.V
04-27-2006, 06:21 PM
The gear won't help my deadlift. I don't think. Until then, I may have to post more shameful failures that will result in others forsaking lifting in general.

I pulled 690 today. It was really, really, really slow. And ugly.

Then I went for a run. Not a long run. But honestly, the run hurt more.

WBBIRL
04-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Your crazy man, what are your measurements.. you have to be pretty big.

You and Narc sort of inspire me, its amazing where you guys are at compared to where you started.

Canadian Crippler
04-27-2006, 06:57 PM
In 5 years, you went from a 300lb deadlift to a 690lb deadlift. Clearly you have a third or even fourth testicle assisting in this defiance of human limitation.

If you don't, please share your secrets. Pretty please.

WBBIRL
04-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Well, I dont see the gains THAT extraoridnary for five years... what is extraordiany is that he kept with it for that long. True putting nearly 400lbs on your dead in 5 years is no easy task or something to wave off. But to me, the determination and effort displayed is outstanding... he also went from benching 225x4 to repping 370x7 times and getting something like 455 for a 1RM.

And yes, secrets for weaklings like myself????

Optimum08
04-27-2006, 08:03 PM
good stuff belial, although i am stronger than you, it is quite okay. haha...

p.s. your strength is absolutely disgusting, in a good way.

brickt.
04-27-2006, 09:32 PM
I find Belial's joural quite motivating to get my ass back in gear.

Canadian Crippler
04-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Well, I dont see the gains THAT extraoridnary for five years... what is extraordiany is that he kept with it for that long. True putting nearly 400lbs on your dead in 5 years is no easy task or something to wave off. But to me, the determination and effort displayed is outstanding... he also went from benching 225x4 to repping 370x7 times and getting something like 455 for a 1RM.

And yes, secrets for weaklings like myself????Yeah, adding almost 400lbs to your dead in 5 years isn't extraordinary.

Who are you kidding Earl ;)

_8_Ball
04-28-2006, 05:19 AM
Yeah, adding almost 400lbs to your dead in 5 years isn't extraordinary.

Who are you kidding Earl ;)

Hell just lifting 400 is impressive enough... but to ADD 400... that's just frigg'en amazing...

But we can't let his ego get too big... So B, you suck! ;-)

WBBIRL
04-28-2006, 04:16 PM

And yes, secrets for weaklings like myself????

I am no better genetically then the average joe, and while I might not be deadlifting 805lbs (405 that I can do now + 400 more) in 5 years it wouldn't shock me if I could get to 600-700

Alex.V
04-28-2006, 07:53 PM
I would love to see it man. Seriously.

But I would hate to see it come too easily. I know of people who have been lifting consistently for twice as long who struggle with 100 pounds less than me. I'm built for deadlifting, I certainly make no pretenses to be unusually skilled at the lift! But these last 50-60 pounds have been TOUGH to come by.

405 is relatively common, 495 is fairly rare, 585 is a weight I've seen a handful of people do, and 675 is actually something I've never seen live, only in a few meet videos. Exponential diminishing returns if you have lousy mechanics. Witness my squat. :( Now THAT is a pathetic lift. I'm definitely not trying to toot my own horn here, but I am actually pretty proud of my deadlift progress (as opposed to irritated and frustrated with, oh, every other lift), and would hate for it to be TOO easy for an average joe to get there in five years. Or even ten years.

But hey, if I'm gonna be a one trick pony, it may as well be in the noisiest, messiest, least refined of all lifts, eh? :)

Chris Rodgers
04-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Your RAW squat at your bodyweight is well above average, even for a powerlifter.

There are a lot of shirts to choose from these days. I have seen a ton of people have success in Inzer's Rage X shirts and Titan's F 6 if you want to go Poly(single or double ply are both excellent).

Denim my favorite is Karins. I have training partners who have hit huge lifts in Inzer's Grid stitch Black Denim's and the Ultimate Denim.

Price-wise, I think the cheapest of those is a single ply Titan F-6.

Beast
04-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Well, I dont see the gains THAT extraoridnary for five years...
Damn, really? I think it's phenomenal. The majority of dedicated lifters never come close to improving that much in any lift. Most people are just plain incapable of lifting that much weight no matter what they do, how dedicated they are, or how long they work out for.

Plus, I've never once seen anyone deadlifting greater than 400 pounds in any gym over the past 5 years I've been working out. I've never seen anyone deadlifting period at the Gold's that I go to now, and there are some HUGE mofos in there.

WBBIRL
04-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Thats odd, but likewize im the only person who goes to my gym that deadlifts. No one does it, I dont know why.

And your right, most people dont get that high... but the levels of strength I attained in my life so early lead me to believe I have it in me to become above average.

-TIM-
04-30-2006, 09:19 PM
495 is the most I've ever seen anybody deadlift at the gym. Of course he was repping it off of 2 plates for an extended stretch, so I'm guessing his max would have been around 600 lbs. That's almost 100 lbs lighter than Belial's max. I can't even imagine moving that much weight. It's an amazing accomplishment.

WBBIRL
05-01-2006, 04:53 PM
A ton, if not everyone in here will call bull**** on this one... but I've seen this in person.

A kid in my old highschool deadlifted 605lbs the summor prior to his senior year. His other lifts werent that impressive... something like 365 on bench and 5XX on squat but the dead was sick. It was using a hex bar though, if that matters.

Canadian Crippler
05-01-2006, 05:40 PM
A ton, if not everyone in here will call bull**** on this one... but I've seen this in person.

A kid in my old highschool deadlifted 605lbs the summor prior to his senior year. His other lifts werent that impressive... something like 365 on bench and 5XX on squat but the dead was sick. It was using a hex bar though, if that matters.I don't want to dig up the thread, but you said a dude in your high school, junior I believe, squatted in the high 700s. So which one is it?

f=ma
05-01-2006, 06:36 PM
must be a different world class teen lifter

WBBIRL
05-01-2006, 08:54 PM
I said he squatted 700lbs based off of an assupmtion of a picture from the one PL meet I didnt make it too. Later someone told me that it wasnt 700lbs... but wrather 5 something.

And like I said, I dont expect nore care if anyone believes me. Just saying I saw it is all... I myself deaded 405 in 9th grade and 495 in 10th grade so its not THAT unrealistic.

WBBIRL
05-01-2006, 08:55 PM
This will be my last "whore" post in Belails journal...

His form and depth on squat may not (and isnt for a fact) be as strict as it needs to be for some of you. IMHO he only got 4/5 the way there. The deadlift is a different story, I dont know how you can cheat on those.

Alex.V
05-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around.

New max, baby.

Chris- appreciate the tips on the shirt. I might be going on a mini shopping spree. I mean, I do have a birthday coming up, and it's either going to be car **** or lifting ****, so... I might have to go for the latter.

And hey, I'm certainly not trying to call bull**** on anybody, IRL. I'm just mentioning that the difficulty associated with progressing as you get higher in weights is exponential... as is the concurrent decline in the number of people who can handle said weights. 495 in 10th grade is extraordinary. What was your bodyweight? Either way, nobody's going to say you're not a freak. :)

Anyhow, saturday I benched 365 x 6 and 315 x 12, nothing special. Sunday was squats, 565 x 1 with just a loose belt, the 505 x 10 RB squats (doubled lights), followed by sprints.

Today, benched 455 x 1, then 410 x 3. New PR in absolute poundage, with very little room left at the end. 410 had to be stopped a rep early due to shoulder discomfort.

To everyone else, thank you for checking it. It is good to know that other people do pop in and make me accountable. It's a mental boost unlike any other to know that there are people backing you.

MixmasterNash
05-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Pffft. We're waiting for you to fail so we can point and laugh. From a safe distance. Over the internets.

Are you still working EMS?

WBBIRL
05-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Nice session man, lookin strong

-TIM-
05-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Those are great numbers Belial. I'm certain I can hit a new PR on deads if I take your advice. :strong:

cphafner
05-02-2006, 08:38 PM
For about a year and a half I worked out at the Mecca of East Coast bodybuilding. I only saw 2 guys rep 495+ on deadlifts. Belial's lifts are very impressive. The people that don't think his progress isn't impressive are nuts. There is a huge law of dimishing returns in powerlifting. Just because someone can deadlift 400 lbs now, that doesn't mean you will be deadlifting 600+ in a few years. I'd wager 95% of 400+ lb deadlifters will never pull 600 lbs.

Inspiring stuff as always.

_8_Ball
05-03-2006, 05:26 AM
Hell IMO, anything over 315 for a natty is pretty good, 405 and up is facken great...

and Belial's numbers are well... amazing... not many poeple can do 600+ natty or not...

Pup
05-03-2006, 05:05 PM
Solid all around Alex...if you're hitting 565 with just a belt on squats you're easily good for another 50-60lbs with briefs...maybe more if you get some metal pro or ace.

Bareyataghan
05-03-2006, 05:38 PM

uhllllll.... I was going to post something about how your lifts are awesome.... But since I attend UNC I don't think it's 'legal/accepted'

dw06wu
05-04-2006, 06:49 PM
I'd wager 95% of 400+ lb deadlifters will never pull 600 lbs.
I sure as hell don't see myself ever deading that much. And yes, belial's lifts are insane. He benches what I squat and pull. Bastard.

Alex.V
02-16-2007, 06:16 AM
Wow, it's been ages.

Update: Been training with a torn hamstring for the last 4 months.

In that time period, some PRs:

Bench: 405 x 4 (on a light cycle lately, nothing over 4)
Squat: 550 x 6 (Nothing over this, too much stress on leg)
Deadlift: 715 x 1, 495 x 16 (yesterday).

Hamstring's about 75%, right bicep about 50%. Should be pushing new maxes in two months or so. Blegh.

Bohizzle
02-16-2007, 06:33 AM
u ever think about taking a little time off and letting those muscles heal? :D even with the injuries ur still liftin some freaky weight! Do u plan on keeping this updated again or just post once in a while to let everybody know what's going on? Keep at it!

Andrew

Chubrock
02-16-2007, 07:56 AM
Belial, you're ****in nuts dude. Pullin 715 with a torn hammy. Haha I love it.

Alex.V
02-16-2007, 09:10 AM
Time off? I mean, I'm at work right now.. that's like taking time off.
:)

Chubrock
02-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Haha. Aren't you some BioChemical Warfare Super Duper Specialist or something?

Bohizzle
02-16-2007, 09:39 AM
he just plays one on wbb

ectx
02-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Wow, it's been ages.

Update: Been training with a torn hamstring for the last 4 months.

Dang foo' how'd that happen?

And it has been ages. I use to come in here to get inspired to lift, and to insult you. You suck.

Squat: 550 x 6

I hate you...even with a torn ham, you still trump my old max by about 100 lbs. I hate you, I hate you, I hate you.

Big o Boy
02-16-2007, 12:44 PM
geez dude... save some plates for the rest of us, you freak.

and bohizzle, I believe he's an internet journal tease...

Bohizzle
02-16-2007, 12:49 PM
definitely! he lures us in with tales of big numbers and leaves us waiting for more!:cry:

Hatred
02-16-2007, 01:10 PM
It seems our little talks have breathed new life into things.

Can'tstopnow
02-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Don't know how I didn't see this journal earlier. 455 bench, just sick. For that matter all the big 3 look impressive to say the least. Great stuff here, can't wait to see the progression.

Alex.V
08-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Not much progression, pec tear, two pulled hamstrings, and general work kicking my ass.

Lately my PRs (over the last three months) have been:

Bench: 450 (Doing 405 for reps more than hitting maxes)
Squat: 555 x 2, light wraps. Could hit three. Max is probably around 600 right now. Not going to try it until hamstring is 100%
Deadlift: Some weeks I hit 700-720 easily, others I don't.

It doesn't help that I'm up to 13.2 mile runs on sundays. These are hurting like hell.

But otherwise, stats are similar. Just makin ends meet.

Chris Rodgers
08-12-2007, 08:37 PM
Sounds like with the injuries, you should get yourself some gear for protection. :)

Alex.V
08-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Or maybe I should just focus on sucking less.

I do keep meaning to buy gear. Money just has a way of not sticking around in my bank account for too long.

heh.

I should also stop running. Stupid activity that it is.

DoUgL@S
08-13-2007, 03:09 PM
Sorry to hear about the injuries. I hope you heal up.

Running is only stupid if you do not enjoy it, are you training for a marathon.

WillKuenzel
08-13-2007, 03:27 PM
I bench more and weigh more than you...

when I'm wearing my gear.

Why are you running?

Alex.V
08-13-2007, 03:56 PM
I think I'm training for a marathon. I'm not sure.

But, will, after seeing you miss 405 then hit 495 in a shirt, I think it's really set. I need to get a shirt.

Send me yours, bitch. NOW.

Paul Stagg
08-13-2007, 04:48 PM
You lift?

WillKuenzel
08-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Mine's too big for you, skinny. ;)

Alex.V
08-17-2007, 07:19 AM
Mine's too big for you, skinny. ;)

Silence, oh hairless calfless one. Mock not my svelte form.

So Tuesday, benched 405 for a triple, ran 3 miles at a 7:30 pace. Pulled 645 for a double yesterday, then my grip slipped on the third rep because I tore open part of my palm on rep 2 and the little bit of blood made the bar slippery. I am a health hazard. Then I ran 4 miles at a 7:45 pace.

Which all reinforces that I am slow, small, and weak.

Last night I ate 1.5 pounds of slow roasted NY strip. It was phenomenal.

ectx
08-17-2007, 07:36 AM
holy ****...this is the most Ive seen you post in this thing in a while *cough*pot*cough*kettle*

ps. suggested your cro for a project.

Franco
08-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Have you been going to a physio with your injuries?

Good to see you posting again as well.

Alex.V
08-20-2007, 07:41 PM
Franco, no physio. Probably should. But these things cost money.

Rene, you recommended a company that is now a competitor. Dammit!

Anyway, saturday did some higher rep bench work... 315 for a set of 10, then 285 with bands, 4 sets of 4-5.

Saturday afternoon ran 15 miles.

Sunday squatted 550 for a double, good depth, not too much DOMS from the run.

Though one of my toenails is turning black and falling off, and I have more blisters on my feet than gaping wounds on my shins. Clearly I need to up the deadlifts and reduce the running.

Bako Lifter
08-20-2007, 07:49 PM

I agree.

Hey, remember that one time I tied you in a lifting contest? Yeahhhhh......

Alex.V
08-22-2007, 07:51 AM
You did. It happens a lot.

Benched 410 for an easy double, then did a 3.5 mile trail run in 104 degree heat at a 7:15 pace.

Tuesday night workouts suck.

Chubrock
08-22-2007, 08:01 AM
What the hell are you doing running in this heat? You're ****ing crazy. Of course I already knew that.

WillKuenzel
08-22-2007, 08:01 AM
You have issues.

Keith
08-22-2007, 08:24 AM

I wish I could be as slow, small and weak as you. :(

I'm with everyone else.. why the **** do you run?? You think you're training for a marathon?

ectx
08-22-2007, 08:27 AM
Rene, you recommended a company that is now a competitor. Dammit!

Next time keep me appraised of these changes foo'. I try to look out for my peeps. Oh yeah, you're a weak skinny girl with gyno. That is all.

Alex.V
08-24-2007, 02:26 PM
you're a weak skinny girl with gyno.

If I'm a girl, aren't I supposed to have gyno?

Anyway, I agree.

And I only think I'm training for a marathon because I refuse to admit that I'm any sort of runner.

I'm not. People stare at me weirdly when I'm out running the trail.

Anyway, pulled 645 for an easy double, though the lockout on the second rep was slow. Ran 4 miles, 7:45-8:00 pace. Too humid, was soaked by the end and almost passed out. Not good.

Alex.V
08-26-2007, 08:19 PM
Saturday, nothing particularly inspiring in the weight room, though my shoulder didn't hurt me and benching is almost back to where it should be.

315 x 10, two sets, then some speed work with 275 + lights.

Ran the trail:

18.5 miles
99 degrees F
Time = slow. Had to stop several times due to dehydration. Drank about 60 ounces of Gatorade and a roughly equivalent amount of water during the run.

And today squatted. Which hurt, since my knees are still in pain from that run. 500 for a few quick singles, then some reverse band work (singled lights) .

Not terrible overall, but holy crap am I tired.

POWERLIFTER87
08-26-2007, 08:30 PM
That's very impressive that you lift that heavy, yet run that much.

North
08-26-2007, 10:09 PM
impressive stuff, why are you running? Do you just like to run?

Chris Rodgers
08-27-2007, 01:18 AM
impressive stuff, why are you running? Do you just like to run?

He just felt like running, just like Forrest.

Alex.V
08-28-2007, 06:44 AM
It'd be fun to be able to run a sub-4:00 (maybe sub 3:30) marathon, and total elite some time in the next year or two.

DoUgL@S
08-28-2007, 11:22 AM
One goal is not condussive to the other, but with your drive you will probably be able to do a 3hr marathon, and aren't you totalling elite already for the 220 weight class (or close to it)?

_8_Ball
08-28-2007, 01:15 PM
18.5 miles at your weight and size is awesome. You are in amazing shape.

That's all your ego gets for today! :-)

North
08-28-2007, 01:29 PM
I was just looking at different pages in your training. In your first page you were squating 315 for reps and then in page 51, 13 months later, you were repping 450 I think it was. Thats great progress man. You've come along way since you started this journal.

Alex.V
09-01-2007, 08:04 PM
Thanks bud. I haven't even looked at the first pages of this thing since I started... lot's changed, really. I think it's a little more real now, in a lot of ways... I enjoy lifting more than I used to, this whole thing's such a part of my life now that I almost don't need to chronicle it.

Anyway, deadlifted thursday. Pulled 655 for an easy double, then 585 x 5. 4 mile trail run, 7:30 pace.

Today was bench, 315 x 10, then put on some light bands (wrapped at the bottom of the cage), singled, 295 x 6 for 3 sets. (About, what, 365-375 pounds at the top). Then, 4 mile trail run, 7:15 pace.