PDA

View Full Version : bulking on 3 meals a day

jugheadkills
08-21-2002, 11:30 AM
i might be able to squeeze in 4 meals a day.. going back to college in 3 weeks.. i can only eat as the eating facilities permit as i have no car... hmm i did pretty well last year.. eating and working out, but i wanna go at it harder and with more goals this year... what do yall think?

Stray
08-21-2002, 11:39 AM
Carry some MRP bars with ya for a meal in a pinch...unless you're specifically trying to cut down to 3 meals.

zwarrior99
08-21-2002, 11:46 AM
Ya carry some bars, or premade drinks, with ya.

Vido
08-21-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by jugheadkills
going back to college in 3 weeks.. i can only eat as the eating facilities permit as i have no car

That is a terrible excuse. I was in the exact same boat last year and will be again this year. The cafeteria is only open from 7am-7pm and unless you have early classes you won't be getting up anywhere close to 7am. So what are you supposed to do after 7pm until you go to bed? Well, if you're serious about getting bigger you should have no problem. Buy a fridge and a grill and you're set. You can always bus to the grocery store to pick meat up, or anything else for that matter. If you don't have the finances to afford a fridge and a grill, then just buy canned food or MRP's and keep them in your room. You can also take extra food out of the cafeteria and then just eat it later that night.

LAM
08-21-2002, 11:53 AM
natty pb sandwiches are almost the perfect meal. you get complex carbs from the grains, and some great EFA's from the pb. the 2 complementary proteins consumed at the same time will provide all 9 essential amino acids for muscle building...

jugheadkills
08-21-2002, 12:01 PM
terrible excuse my ass motha fucka... i think ill get ahold of some mrps, yea... cafeteria allows 3 meals per day, it doesnt matter when its open... MRPs, thanks to those who tried to help, other than tell me to buy a bunch of food and fridges and grills and ****, i might as well just declare bankruptcy. .

jugheadkills
08-21-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Vido

You can also take extra food out of the cafeteria and then just eat it later that night.
exactly what i was planning on doing.. but yea, the mrps seem to be the best idea other than that! thanks yall

Shao-LiN
08-21-2002, 01:31 PM
My dorm room provided fridge/microwave rentals...and a grill is about $10 or so for a foreman one.

But yah, the food would cost yah a bit.

TreeTrunks
08-21-2002, 01:35 PM
yeah I bought a fridge, a steamer, and a foreman grill all for like $190. and I have a budget of $50 a week. I do pretty well so far.

Puttn
08-21-2002, 02:22 PM
i can have a microwave in my room but i dotn think i can have a foreman ill have to ask about that.. however why not buy egg beaters and microwave them.. buy turkey jerkey ... mrps are great you should have whey powder make some shakes w/ skim milk ... canned tuna ... peanut butter ... canned chicken .. there are lots of options

Shao-LiN
08-21-2002, 04:05 PM
My dorm also had a community type kitchen. I could be wrong, but I'm sure that they would provide you with one too. I kept my cooking ware in the cabinets there and used the stove quite often.

Calculating it, cooking my own food was a lot cheaper than paying for food provided by the commons.

RussianRocket
08-21-2002, 04:19 PM
George Horeman Grill is awesome.

Hellrazor
08-23-2002, 08:22 AM
The George Foreman grill is even better than george HORMANS!! :evillaugh

Budiak
08-24-2002, 12:12 AM
You sure did **** him in the ass there HR.

Yeah, its a damn crappy idea man.

Has the word 'Tuna' ever come to mind? Make a friend, have him drive you to the store. Buy a shitload of tuna and bread(and mayo of your choosing) and store it in your min fridge. No mini fridge? GET ONE!

BTW dont drink or mess with women. They'll destroy your training while at university.

Behemoth
08-24-2002, 01:31 PM
terrible excuse my ass motha fucka... i think ill get ahold of some mrps, yea... cafeteria allows 3 meals per day, it doesnt matter when its open... MRPs, thanks to those who tried to help, other than tell me to buy a bunch of food and fridges and grills and ****, i might as well just declare bankruptcy. .

You can afford MRP's but you can't afford a mini fridge and some food?

In the long run you'll be better off buying the fridge and food, constantly buying MRP's is expensive as hell.

Alex.V
08-24-2002, 01:43 PM
You can bulk on TWO meals a day if you make 'em big enough.

Hellrazor
08-27-2002, 05:57 PM
Ya, as long as the total amount of calories ingested exceeds what you`ve expended you will gain weight, sh!t I remember a great thread around a year or 2 ago about eating small frequent meals having little or no effect in elevating the metabolism and it not being essential to eat 6 - 7 meals per day.

I think you were involved in it Belial and Cackerot too, damn that was a nice thread made me feel good about not eating 7 bloody meals a day.