PDA

View Full Version : new to forum, I want to compete soon

jmays
08-22-2002, 07:32 PM
Hello fellow gym goers. I am new and love the forum so far. I am attaching a few pictures for you to critiques. Be easy on me .

jmays
08-22-2002, 07:34 PM
Here is another picture.

jmays
08-22-2002, 07:36 PM
another pic

Davor
08-22-2002, 07:59 PM
youre a big mofo

zwarrior99
08-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Your stats?

heathj
08-22-2002, 08:02 PM
That's your third f*cking thread on pictures of yourself. The same ones too.

jmays
08-22-2002, 08:12 PM
I initially got on the competition forum. I was told to go to this one, sorry if you see my pics again. I am learning the ropes.
I am 6ft. 1, 220lbs. bf=5-6%, 50" chest, 19.5 arms, 27legs, 18calves, 30" waist.

RussianRocket
08-22-2002, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Davor
youre a big mofo

:withstupi

Chomsky
08-22-2002, 08:20 PM
you look great. i think you could compete... but i don't think your bf is 5-6, maybe a little higher. you're still slim.

MonStar
08-22-2002, 09:30 PM
I highly doubt your bf% is 5-6. I would say 9-10% instead. But you look good man, looking huge.

Manveet
08-22-2002, 09:52 PM
You have som freaky calves man

Hellrazor
08-23-2002, 04:44 AM
You remind me of Bertil Fox. :D

jmays
08-23-2002, 05:53 AM
Thanks for the responses, I will start losing more fat next week. I think my fat is going back up. I had my fat taken two weeks ago and it was lower. I have been eating like a pig the last two weeks, could not last too long on the cardio and lowered carbs. Need more willpower.
Will send new pics in a few weeks with lower fat.

Paul Stagg
08-23-2002, 08:34 AM
When/where do you want to compete.

I'm buds with a promoter in your area.

Check out ocbbodybuilding.com

I don't think they have any dates set in stone, but I think they are doing a contest in March in that general area.

GeneticallyGifted
08-23-2002, 12:23 PM
looking good jmays. I wish I had calves like that.

Maki Riddington
08-23-2002, 01:37 PM
You must have some guns for 19 inch arms.

ryuage
08-23-2002, 01:41 PM
you got like a bicep in your leg!

jmays
08-23-2002, 04:05 PM
You guys were right, my fat level is back up again. I am in the high 8's. I have to get focused again and leave the jellybeans alone. I seem to go crazy on sweets when I start to get more cut. I will be checking you guys out and sending opinions.

Blitzforce
08-23-2002, 05:28 PM
Got the thickness and size. Thick lower back, don't see that too often

Accipiter
08-23-2002, 05:34 PM
yah, the lower back was impressive. why does it look like your calf is on the front fo your leg? Your back is impressive, you got the knots that look cool

LiftAgain
08-23-2002, 06:00 PM
Looking good!

Weird calf picture. :)

Btw your face remind me of Will Smith. :cool:

jmays
08-23-2002, 07:19 PM
My calf seems high on my leg. wish I could get it wider, looks kind of funny. Always get comments on them.

BUFF STUFF
08-23-2002, 10:28 PM
Will Smith on Steroids! lol:D

just kiding!
Seriously you look ripped what supplements/AS do you use? What kind of training programe are you doing?

Good luck in the contest jmays

jmays
08-24-2002, 07:40 AM
I only use EAS or Beverly protein powder, creatine and occassionally cycle ripped fuel (two weeks on, one off)

Behemoth
08-24-2002, 08:06 AM
focking huge calves

Rock
08-24-2002, 08:30 AM
Are your arms really 19.5, Its easy to go easy on the arm when measuring, looking damn good in the pictures, and you should compete, but Arnold had 19.5 inches, that means your have arms like Arnolds, and thats seldom.

jmays
08-24-2002, 09:37 AM
I will flex and use a tape measure around my arm and it will be 19-19.5 depending on how much I eat. It will shrink a little more as my fat goes down to 4% like Arnold's. Arnold's arms were 21 to 22 flexed. maybe 19 relaxed for Arnold, while on low doses of steroids.

chris mason
08-24-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by jmays
I initially got on the competition forum. I was told to go to this one, sorry if you see my pics again. I am learning the ropes.
I am 6ft. 1, 220lbs. bf=5-6%, 50" chest, 19.5 arms, 27legs, 18calves, 30" waist.

You arms are not 19"+. I can tell from your pics. All of your claimed stats do not add up. You are not 5-6% bodyfat, or even near it. Your waist, measured properly around the navel is way bigger than 30".

Please research how to accurately measure yourself and then give us your true stats.

You do, however, look very good. Low bodyfat and good size.

By the way, I live in Charlottesville and would be happy to show you how to accurately measure yourself.

jmays
08-24-2002, 11:05 AM
I have a trainer who is a bodybuilding judge and promoter. I went to the trainer yesterday and my fat is up again. Here are the newest measurements. The pics sent are the ones I had in a recent digital camera. I just sent pics in to see if I looked like competition material to others. Not to be judged by the bullshit detector for measurements to the nearest 1/10th of an inch. My weight is down 5 pounds at 214. Chest 48.75, waist 32, arms are 19.25 flexed right, 19 on the left. quads 27in. calves 17.75 or right, 17.00 on left. With proper eating again, My chest will be back up to 49 or 50 based on lat spread, My waist at navel will also go down based on food in stomach, fat level and bloating.
I have the ability to gain and lose weight easily, measurements and fat levels change along with eating patterns. If I eat and drink lots of water, weight can be up 10 pounds on a weekend after a hard week of exercise and lower carbs. meauserments change with that.
I never lie, I never used any drugs.
A bullshit checker who names himself that usually is just good a giving bullshit. That does not make you good at judging others.

Black_Curtain
08-24-2002, 11:30 AM
You might want to meet up with chris mason, because he competed before, and is capable of giving you good advices.

Arms are measured cold and not flexed.

jmays
08-24-2002, 11:40 AM
Measured cold, I am a lot smaller. As a bullshit detector, you could ask a question like. Is that a cold unflexed measurement? That would clear up confusion without labeling it as bullshit. Most confusion in life are mere misunderstanding. I view myself as a skinny person. I know that I need a lot more mass to compete. I am just learning the ropes here and have a lot to learn. I am willing to learn from all who have knowledge.
Bullshit detector could be named validity inspector, it does not have a negative connotation. It simple means checking for consistency and truth on the forum.

jmays
08-24-2002, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the link Paul Stagg, I was at my meeting with my trainer this weekend and saw Marshall Johnson, talked to him for a while but did not know who he was until I looked at the site. He was big and cut, good inspiration.
I am working with Dave Spindell from Essential Fitness in N. Va. Natural Bodybuilding is growing, good thing.

chris mason
08-24-2002, 12:41 PM
I think you may not have read what I said very carefully. First, on a separate note, arms are measured cold and flexed . Second, I said that you should research how to properly measure yourself and get back to us. Third, I said you look very good. Fourth, I never used the word bullshit in my comments. Fifth, I never mentioned drugs and really have no opinion on that matter as regards to you. Sixth, you are not measuring your waist around the navel, or you are sucking in your waist, or you are not giving an accurate measurement. Seventh, I strongly doubt your arms are not 19.25", whether they are pumped or not.

Oh yeah, Arnold's right arm, measured by Arthur Jones when Arnold was in "peak condition" was 19.5" (cold, flexed, at a right angle to the bone). Arnold competed at 6'2" and 235 lbs with a bodyfat right around what you claimed. So, with an inch separating you two in height, and 15 or so lbs at roughly the same bodyfat, your claim would make your arm proportionately as big as Arnold's and you, drug free, with as much lean mass as him. That is why I pointed out that you should get your facts straight and offered to help.

One more time, I also stated that you look very good.

Saturday Fever
08-24-2002, 12:47 PM
I think your arms could measure 19, but they must be fairly wide across, because the depth is not spectacular. Either way, you've put in the work and you look solid.

jmays
08-24-2002, 01:01 PM
Thanks man, I was looking at your name, Bullshit Detector. That is cute. No anger here, I very much respect your experience. I guess I should put a smile on the screen. I will get measured again in a month. I am back on the eating plan , so fat will go down quickly again.
Arnold had over 20 in guns in competition shape based on my research. He had huge arms at competition weight and bigger during the offseason. That it amazing at that time in history.

I know I am nowhere near that level, but when I put a tape measure around the largest part of my right flexed arm it is over 19 inches. the left is smaller. When it is pumped , I flex that sucker and it will hit near twenty. I think it is mostly tricep, because the bi is not as profound. I am sorry that it is true buddy. I will also weigh about 250 during the winter and be strong as hell.
I enjoy your forum and think that it is cool how everyone helps each other.
I am currently working with David Spindell to get ready for a contest at the beginning of next year. He is a judge and promoter with Beverly International and the NGA and he owns Essential Fitness. Essentialfitness.com

jmays
08-24-2002, 01:05 PM
Here is a site that gives details on Arnold's life. go to http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/anthony9.htm and it gives a rundown of some of the great man's accomplishments. It is amazing what he did long before all these supplements and crazy marketing scams came about.

chris mason
08-24-2002, 01:25 PM
Arnold, like nearly all bodybuilders of his time to the present, exaggerated his arm measurements. Arthur Jones disliked this and was very particular about accurately measuring arms. Arthur's measurement of 19.5" was published and never refuted by Arnold (to my knowledge). Arthur measured nearly all of the top bodybuiders of the day.

Another way to think of it is to look at the claimed measurements of the World's Strongest Man participants. Quite a few of these guys are muscular at 300 lbs plus of bodyweight and still don't claim 22" guns. Thus, Arnold's claim of 22"+ at 235 ish lbs is very hard to believe.

This is a nice site. I do not own it, Hulk does. In my opinion, a big part of what makes it nice is that we don't have a lot of people running around making b.s. internet claims. Most of the people here are standup, and quite knowledgeable.

I hope you stick around and enjoy it here.

jmays
08-24-2002, 01:30 PM
I love this site. I really think that I can learn the truth from you guys. There is so much crap out there in the magazines and such. You really dont realize this until you start to figure out what really works. I after four or so years of playing around with weight training, have gotten to the point where I feel I can manipulate my body with food and weights. thanks and I will ask questions and learn from you guys. Keep up the good work, Mr. Validity Inspector. Thanks also for the measuring advice. I do not want to say what my unflexed measurements are, may be embarrassing.

That is what I will call you.

Maki Riddington
08-24-2002, 03:39 PM
I think you have a very large amount of muscle mass on your body but I do not think like Mr Mason, that your arms are 19.5 inches.
I have seen a lot of big arms and none of have been 19 inches when I've asked the owners. These guys arms were still bigger than yours.

I hope you do well in your competition.