PDA

View Full Version : Pancakes + syrup on contest day...

DumbbellTosser
08-23-2002, 09:59 PM
Joey54 and I are doing a show in a week... we heard from a pretty good bodybuilder we know that he carb loads the day of the contest with pancakes + syrup. Anybody hear of doing something like this or have any thoughts on the validity of this idea?

LAM
08-23-2002, 11:43 PM
you have to practice how to carb load. it's not the same for everyone regarding timing and amounts needed to get the desired results.

DumbbellTosser
08-24-2002, 06:48 AM
HHmmmm yes I understand this.... But what types of carbs are best the day of the contest?

TreeTrunks
08-24-2002, 07:33 AM
Yeah I have read that it is a good idea to carb load a couple days before a contest, to make your muscles look fuller and not flat. There are a few methods first is to consume on low-glycemic carbs for 3 days keeping a good ratio this book recommens 1:2:3 fats, protein, carbohydrates. There are a couple other methods. But they say eat low-glycemic index carb as those will maintain a steady release of insulin that activates the enzyme glycogen synthetase, which is essential for glycogen storage.

raniali
08-24-2002, 12:49 PM
most people i know that do shows carb load with yams and rice
but move to higher glycemic stuff the last 24 hrs
also - important to stop protein consumption the last 24 and keep fat absolutely minimal .... basically just carbs

...but everyone is different

zwarrior99
08-24-2002, 06:14 PM
I say higher glycemic stuff