PDA

View Full Version : arm pic

jmays
08-24-2002, 11:33 AM
these are cold pictures of an arm. I have long arms, very long arms. I wish they were shorter and then I would not have to get to 20inches when shorter guys could be 17-18 and look bigger.

Accipiter
08-24-2002, 11:40 AM
you sure you have 19" arms?

chris mason
08-24-2002, 12:53 PM
Very nice tricep.

jmays
08-24-2002, 01:10 PM
I know I need some bicep help. I think I may have to start some heavy curling again. I have to work on getting the bicep bigger so it looks better. I will see how it all looks when I get the fat down. Then I will start building up the weaker points. I have never competed and have a lot to learn from you guys.

Alex.V
08-24-2002, 01:12 PM
Looks good, man. But a shot like that without a shirt, or in a tank top, would give a better idea of arm size relative to delt/lat size. You've got great arms, and it can never hurt to make them bigger, but if you want to win a competition, arm size alone won't make you a champ. If they're proportionately large (as I think they are), you may want to focus your attention elsewhere for the time being.

jmays
08-24-2002, 01:16 PM
Thanks man. I am going to get a friend to take better pics in a gym. I will keep them coming as I continue to drop fat and lift over the coming weeks. Once again they are measured flexed and cold with no pump. I do not have 19 in. relaxed arms. At least not yet, hahahaha

chris mason
08-24-2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by jmays
I know I need some bicep help. I think I may have to start some heavy curling again. I have to work on getting the bicep bigger so it looks better. I will see how it all looks when I get the fat down. Then I will start building up the weaker points. I have never competed and have a lot to learn from you guys.

My comment wasn't a knock on your bicep, just a note that your tricep is particularly good.

jmays
08-24-2002, 01:35 PM
I do however think that my biceps suck. They dont show well when my arm is in a shirt because my arms are so long. I want them to look bigger when I have regular clothes on , not just when I have a tank top on. Being tall and skinny is not ideal for bodybuilding. I began lifting at about 150 or so pounds. I still feel like that skinny kid because of long limbs, little ankles and wrists. I did not think you were joking. You are cool with me man. I am learning from you.

MaxedOut
08-24-2002, 11:00 PM
Skinny wrist~~!!
u need to excersice your write in your bathroom lil more ;)

GeneticallyGifted
08-24-2002, 11:06 PM
I think that your biceps are fine. I do think that you forearms could use alittle work compared to your upper arm. I think that would help with the overall fullness look to your arm.

GG

jmays
08-25-2002, 08:00 AM
the forearms work is a good idea. Never really thought of that, that may be what is missing. I still want bigger bis too. thanks for the response

DumbbellTosser
08-25-2002, 04:23 PM
Nice arm, bro. You are JUST like me. Tall and thin. But you somehow managed to get nice big arms like i did. I'm 6'4". How tall are you? And are your lats really lengthy (in other words you have trouble making them look wide) like me?

jmays
08-25-2002, 06:45 PM
I know what you mean. I have very wide lats though, I do a lot of rows and heavy pulldowns one arm at a time. I am 6ft 1, so I am a little shorter than you are. With long arms, they seem small until I put a tank top or tighter fitting shirt. Keep up the struggle man

duque21
08-26-2002, 01:59 AM
bro nice size on your upper arms but yougot to get those forearms going, your upper is getting to big for your lower arms

Silverback
08-26-2002, 12:24 PM
they look good man, i think everyone on the site has put accross what i would say.