PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter sandwich and banana post workout!

wowbaby
08-26-2002, 03:59 AM
Hi Dudes,

After every workout I eat the above. Do you guys thing it is sufficient in terms of nutrition. It usually takes me about 50 minutes to get home after my workout and shower and all before I can lash down a whey milkshake. Any ADVICE PLESE. aLSO WHEN i GET Home I also make some solid food i.e tuna, chicken breast etc. i just wanted to know what you guys thought about having a peanut butter sandwhich with brown bread and banana post work out. Cheers.

millertime
08-26-2002, 07:02 AM
Eating a banana is good, but the peanut butter is not. what kinda bread are you having with your sandwich?

wowbaby
08-26-2002, 07:19 AM
The bread is 100% wholewheat bread!

TreeTrunks
08-26-2002, 07:29 AM
Never seen anyone get excited over whole wheat bread before.

Wizard
08-26-2002, 08:02 AM
Peanut butter is a great source of dietary fat but don't consume it in your post workout meal. Avoid consuming fats after your workout. Focus on carbs and protein.

LAM
08-26-2002, 08:33 AM
take the pre-mixed shake in powdered form to the gym and add water at the gym when your training is complete...

whole wheat bread and pb sandwiches will provide a lot of calories but for actual protein content it's a pretty poor choice. The PUR of nuts and whole wheat breads are 35% and 21% respcetively...