PDA

View Full Version : Starting from scratch

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Mik
04-29-2003, 08:12 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again....your bench scares me. Nice work Justin! Awesome preacher strength as well. Eeeesshh!!!!

WillKuenzel
04-29-2003, 08:17 AM
Dear lord your bench makes me feel tiny! That mess is incredible.

Those rims on your truck are looking pretty sweet man. I like that yellow too.

JustinF
04-30-2003, 04:21 AM
4/28/03

Training:

1.5 mile run, .5 mile walk

Diet:

Meal 1: 3 boiled eggs, multi-vite

Meal 2: .5 cup oatmeal, .5 cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 3: 1 large chicken breast, 1 cup ww pasta, 1 cup tomato sauce

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, natty pb, 1 glass 2% milk

Meal 5:

Meal 6: 1 turkey sub from Subway with .5 cup cottage cheese

Water: better

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

I should have said nothing about work slowing down a little, as soon as I mentioned it, BAM. Mad busy again. Oh well, I guess it could be worse with all the companies laying off and unemployment rate skyrocketing.

That is all for now.

JustinF
04-30-2003, 04:23 AM
HY and Mik- Thanks fellas. I appreciate the comments. Helps me stay motivated. We'll see how strong I really am here in a little bit, I think I'll be ordering that power rack this Friday. :D

bradley
04-30-2003, 04:34 AM
Nice workout. Did you get to work out with your training partner?

Love the wheels on the your truck. I might have asked you before but is everything stock under the hood or have you added anything? Power rack should spice up the workouts a bit:D

Oh well, I guess it could be worse with all the companies laying off and unemployment rate skyrocketing.

A heavier wallet is one plus to working so much;)

JustinF
05-01-2003, 04:10 PM
4/30/03

Training:

Deadlifts- 15*185 10*235 6*315 7*295
Pull Downs- 12*180 8*220 9*180
BB Rows- 10*185 8*225 6*225
DB Rows- 9*100's 8*100's 6*100's

Diet:

Meal 5: 5 scoops whey, 5g creatine, 60g dextrose

Meal 6: .5 cup white rice, 1 cup beef stir fry

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:
Deadlifts were donw with small plates and moving very fats, concentrating on good form. They are quite a bit harder with the increased ROM, but I expected that. Hopefully after 3-4 weeks of these I will go back to heavy weights and smoke em!!

This is the new split that I have decided on, any suggestions are welcomed:

Day1- Chest
Day2- Back
Day3- Cardio
Day4- Legs
Day5- Shoulders, Arms, Abs
Day6- Cardio
Day7- Rest

That is all for now. I hate work, I don't hardly have time to even post anymore. Oh well, like Bradley said, a heavier wallet isn't a bad thing.

JustinF
05-01-2003, 04:11 PM
Bradley- Thanks. Not much done under the hood, just the usual stuff: intake, bigger TB, etc. I have decided to stop wasting my money on the V6. After I put the airbag suspension in, the next big project is a 5.7 HEMI transplant, or a 440, haven't decided yet. :D

JustinF
05-02-2003, 04:42 AM
5/1/03

OFF

Didn't get home from work till 7PM, had to be back at 4AM, went right to bed.

WillKuenzel
05-02-2003, 03:06 PM
Split looks real good Justin. That's my exact split but I switch back and chest so that I can have an extra day to recover between deads and leg day.

bradley
05-02-2003, 03:23 PM
Yeah the deads are harder using the small plates, but you wil be smoking the heavier deads when you switch back to the 45's. The split looks like a winner to me.

Did you get to order your power rack?

Thanks. Not much done under the hood, just the usual stuff: intake, bigger TB, etc. I have decided to stop wasting my money on the V6. After I put the airbag suspension in, the next big project is a 5.7 HEMI transplant, or a 440, haven't decided yet.

:eek:

JustinF
05-07-2003, 04:24 AM
5/6/03

weigh in as of Sunday morning: 276 lbs

Training:

Flat Bench- 15*230 6*410+1 4.5*410+1 14*290+1

Incline Bench- 6*320+1 5*320 14.5*200+1

Flyes- 15*45's 8*60's 7*60's+1

Diet:

Meal 6: .5 cup white rice, "sparkling seafood" (Tai food) (I need a snow cone for my ass!! :D)

Water: good

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:
Well, I guess it's been a while since I posted. I have been on point with my diet and sessions, but I'm not going to go back and log them all. It seems as though since I said work was slowing down we got nothing but busier. I will try this weekend to post in y'alls journals, I have been seriously slacking in that department. Well I've been slacking with posting in my journal. Well I guess that is all for now.

JustinF
05-07-2003, 04:26 AM
HY and Bradley Thanks for the replies fellas. I didn't get to buy the rack. I just got the $$ from my friend for his contribution, so I will order today or tomorrow.

bradley
05-07-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by JustinF
Meal 6: .5 cup white rice, "sparkling seafood" (Tai food) (I need a snow cone for my ass!! :D)

:eek:

Seems as though the weight is coming off at a good rate:) Nice to see you back in journal land.

Mik
05-07-2003, 09:16 AM
One snow cone coming up!!! :D

Isaac Wilkins
05-07-2003, 02:23 PM
Nice benching, bro.

Hopefully work will even out. We don't want to hear about you having a shiner from the little lady because you're ignoring her. ;)

Question for you on your bench: On your last set, you drop weight and do some burnouts, obviously. I used to do the same thing. Are you going for speed here? After my heavy sets I used to drop weight (to much lower than you do), and do 10-15 explosive reps to beyond failure. That's what you're doing?

JustinF
05-14-2003, 04:20 AM
5/13/03

Training:

Flat Bench- 15*230 9*360 8.5*360 16*270

Incline Bench- 6*320 8.5*270 17*180

Flyes- 15*45's 7*60's 9*60's

Diet:

Meal 3: medium steak, baked potato, mixed veggies

Meal 6: .5 cup ziti, chicken breast and veggies

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

I am liking the new split, my workouts take less time which means I have more time for sleep! :thumbup:

Ummmm, last nights session was without a spotter, so basically I'm trying to say it sucked. My friend called me at 5, the time he was suppose to be at my house and said he's not coming, and my wife had class last night, so there I was, all alone....

Anyways, that is all for now. Oh, I weighed in Sunday morning. ##$$%%%#$#%. I was a pound heavier than the week before. :mad: 277lbs

JustinF
05-14-2003, 04:22 AM
Bradley, Mik, and Borris- Thanks for checking in fellas. As for the last set on the bench, yes that is how I do them. Fast and explosive, much like the night after my Tai food!! :redface:

bradley
05-14-2003, 04:34 AM
Anyways, that is all for now. Oh, I weighed in Sunday morning. ##$$%%%#$#%. I was a pound heavier than the week before. 277lbs

Still looks as though you are making good progress. How have your strength levels been since starting the cut?

GhettoSmurf
05-14-2003, 06:03 AM
i agree, the progress is looking good. and dont worry about the 1 little pound. btw, what's ziti? :rolleyes:

kook
05-14-2003, 08:56 PM
about time you started postin the workouts again,

bench jockey :)

does that really say 16x270?? on your 4th set of the day so after a decent warmup you could probably put your bodyweight up on bench for a 20 repper? that.. that is pretty high up there in my book

Mik
05-15-2003, 02:06 AM
[i]. btw, what's ziti? :rolleyes: [/B]

pasta. Mmmmmmm pasta.:)

JustinF
05-15-2003, 07:35 AM
5/14/03

Training:

Deadlift- 15*235 10*305 8*305 8*305

BB Rows- 15*185 8*205 7*205

WG Pull downs- 12*180 9*200 8*200

Diet:

Meal 3: .5 cup ziti, chicken and veggies

Meal 5:

Meal 6: 10 egg whites, 2 whole eggs scrambled with 2 slices fat free cheese, 6 pieces turkey bacon

Water: not good

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

JustinF
05-15-2003, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Mik

pasta. Mmmmmmm pasta.:)

:nod:

JustinF
05-15-2003, 07:40 AM
Bradley- Up until last night I thought my strength levels were fine.

GhettoSmurf Thanks for checking in bro. Yeah, ziti is just a type of pasta.

kook- Yeah, you read correct. We'll see what it really is soon, my Power Rack is scheduled to get here on Friday.

JustinF
05-15-2003, 07:51 AM
DAMMIT!! I just realized I never ordered a bench for my power rack. I guess I'll try to find one locally on Friday. Any suggestions to a good stury, quality bench? Hopefully one that doesn't cost a fortune. It can't be weak, it needs to support my fat a$$ plus the weights. :D

JustinF
05-16-2003, 06:19 AM
5/15/03

Training:

Diet:

Meal 3: .5 cup ww pata, .5 cup tomato sauce, 4 turkey meatballs

Meal 4: 1 apple, 2 tbsp natty PB

Meal 5:

Meal 6: large turkey sub from Subway with extra turkey

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

My power rack came in a day early (yesterday) so I built it last night. I think I'm gonna like it!! I can even use it tonight even though I don't have a bench cuz it's leg day!! I'm going to keep the weight (on everything) down for the first week or so until I get used to the movements of the free weights. I'm curious to see what weight I can "really" do now!! That is all for now.

bradley
05-16-2003, 06:54 AM
Daily Ramblings:

Cals look pretty low so that could have something to do with your strength levels.

Looking forward to hearing about how the workout goes in the new rack:)

WillKuenzel
05-16-2003, 07:47 AM
Good to hear about the power rack man! Sounds like that is going to be alot of fun. :D

JustinF
05-17-2003, 03:25 AM
Training:

Squats- 10*135 8*225 5*315 8*275 15*225

Calf Raises- 20*315 15*315 17*315

Single leg Hammie Curls- 20*45 7*90 10*70

DB Lunges- 8*35's 9*35's 8*35's

Diet:

Meal 3: 6" turkey sub from Subway, .75 cup cottage cheese

Meal 4: 1 apple, 2 slices ww bread with natty PB

Meal 6: ziti with tomato sauce and ground turkey

Water: ok

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

It takes so much more out of you to squat with free weights. My abs started hurting about mid set, I was a little shaky (side to side). Until I get really used to the motion, I am going to keep my weight on the low side. I also felt my knee (the one with the torn MCL last year) about to pop out. That was on the 315lb set. Same thing with the calf raises. I couldn't stop rocking back and forth as I went up on my toes. So my weights will go way down until I get used to the motions.

It was a humbling experience to say the least, but I am very excited and feel I will be able to up the weight in no time. It really wasn't that the weight was to heavy, I just didn't feel comfortable. I "felt" this session more than any before this. I remember thinking "If I'm sore now, already, half way through my session, what the hell am I going to feel like tomorrow?" Yup. Sore as all hell, but with a true sense of satisfaction that I kicked my ass.

Off topic question. What is the proper way to spot a sqaut? Because it was my first time in a long time, I had my partner on one end, my wife on the other. But they will not both be there all the time. How is the proper way to spot someone, by yourself on squats? Thanks!!

Anyways, you may have noticed my sleep. Gotta love it. 4AM Saturday morning, here at work. It was looking good for a couple days there, but we're starting to pick up again. Oh well, my bank account thanks me, now if I can just find some time to spend my money. Oh wait, that's what wifey's are for. :D j/k

That's all for now, I'll check into y'alls journals a little later today. Hasta.

bradley
05-17-2003, 06:51 AM
Off topic question. What is the proper way to spot a sqaut? Because it was my first time in a long time, I had my partner on one end, my wife on the other. But they will not both be there all the time. How is the proper way to spot someone, by yourself on squats? Thanks!!

The way I have always seen it done is the spotter stands behind the person squatting and if you need spotter assistance the spotter would put his arms under your armpits and kind of assist with the squat so to speak. This is how I was taught when I was learning how to lift weights back in high school. I hope this makes sense. When we would go heavy the spotter would keep his arms under your armpits for the entire set and he would just squat down with you every rep. Hope that helps.

Nice leg session and I am sure that once you get used to the motion of the free weight squats the poundages will increase. You use a lot more muscles just stabilizing the weight on free weight movements which takes a lot more out of you.

Go easy on the knee. I don't have to tell you how big of a pain a knee injury can be.

Coke
05-17-2003, 06:55 AM
:hello:

I'm not tryin to be a stranger Big Bro :)

Mik
05-18-2003, 04:03 PM
Grats on getting the rack Justin. You'll be used to it in no time.

aka23
05-18-2003, 06:06 PM
My power rack came in a day early (yesterday) so I built it last night. I think I'm gonna like it!! I can even use it tonight even though I don't have a bench cuz it's leg day!!

Perhaps you could place the safety bars of your power rack slighty below your squat depth. This would allow you to safely do squats when a spotter is not available. It might also be helpful to have visual markers identifying your desired squat depth.

kook
05-18-2003, 09:32 PM
like brad said.. i tell people when they're spotting me to go under the armpits... some people have grabbed my waist.. and it just scares the hell out of me

every once in awhile get a bench or chair that would be the perfect height for a parallel squat, sit down completely rest and now try to do your squat.. talk about being humbling

JustinF
05-22-2003, 09:06 AM
I'm still alive, just keep forgetting to bring my journal to work. :D

JustinF
05-22-2003, 09:15 AM
Untill I post my sessions, I have a pull up question. I can't haul my fat ass up more than 3 or 4 times. I know that ****en sad. What can I do to better this? Have someone spot me up and concentrate on the negatives? If so what is the proper way to spot a pullup?

ericg
05-22-2003, 09:36 AM
Hey man. How have you been??

Spotting is a good idea, make sure you do most of the work though. Have him spot you at the waist or the feet. Then just let yourself down nice and slow, hold those negatives as long as possible. I was in the same boat as you (course you are much bigger then me) and in a little time i was doing 10 reps easy. Now I am adding weight. Pullups are the shiat. Good luck bro!

aka23
05-22-2003, 10:02 AM
Untill I post my sessions, I have a pull up question. I can't haul my fat ass up more than 3 or 4 times. I know that ****en sad. What can I do to better this? Have someone spot me up and concentrate on the negatives? If so what is the proper way to spot a pullup?

Perhaps you could try assisted pullups, if your gym has such a machine. You can set the weight to fit your desired rep range. A picture is below:

http://www.exrx.net/AnimatedEx/LatissimusDorsi/ASPullUp.gif

WillKuenzel
05-22-2003, 10:05 AM
He works out at home so the assisted machine is out.

Justin, the way that works best for me is the knees. I bend my knees when doing pull-ups and my partner can assist me by pushing up from there. If not, then the waist is fine. Have him help you up there then let go. You should be able to resist the downward pull pretty good.

Mik
05-22-2003, 11:23 AM
Try doing them as HY suggested and before you know it you'll be adding weight. How ya liking the rack?

WillKuenzel
05-23-2003, 10:15 AM
How's that rack treating ya man? How's the cut going?

Franjipani
05-24-2003, 01:14 AM
:hello: Heya gorgeous man...just wanted to chime in and see what you are up to... okay, I'm off now to make some seriously wicked toast with peanut butter & cottage cheese for both ectx & myself:D. its really scrumptious !!

JustinF
05-29-2003, 05:58 AM
5/28/03

Training:

Shrugs- 15*315 3*495 10*405 12*405

OH Press- 10*135 8*185 10*155

Dips- +45*18 +70*7.5 +70*7 drop to BW*8

Pressdowns- 15*90 7.5*110 8*110

Preacher Curls- 12*135 12*135 15*115

Hammer Curls- 10*60's 8.5*60's 9*60's

Diet:

Meal 3: .5 cup white rice, 1 medium chicken breast, 5 fish oil caps

Meal 4: 1 apple, 2 slices ww bread with natty PB

Meal 6: 1 large chicken breast, 1/2 stuffed pepper (stuffed with corn, onions, garlic, and picante' sauce) These actually turned out pretty good. I put them on the grill wrapped in foil.

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:
Well, it's been a while. I was away for the long weekend, it was a much needed break away from things. I'm moving to NC! .....eventually. I absolutely loved it down there, the people are friendly, the area is great. I ate WAY too much, I drank WAY too much, but hey, what's a vacation for? :D

I have changed up my diet a little bit. I am going to keep my carbohydrates in my first 4 meals. I'm going to try not to have any after that.

The rack, I am loving it and hating it at the same time. It is showing me how weak I truly am, but it's great because I am feeling my sessions MUCH more than before. My bench is a little narrower than the previous one, that combined with the balancing of the weight has brought my bench down. I literally felt like I was going to go off the side of the bench a few times with the press, so I didn't go past 315. The weight will come up I'm sure, I just need to get used to the motion, and balancing.

Last nights session: No spotter, AGAIN. Ever since my partners new job, he has been sporadic, which sucks. Decent session regardless. My traps are ****ing killing me!! Anyways, glad to be back, I'll check in with y'all a little later. :D

bradley
05-29-2003, 06:45 AM
Good to see you back, and congrats on moving. I don't think I would ever leave the South:D

Have you got a chance to catch your breath at work yet?

JustinF
05-29-2003, 07:05 AM
Bradley- I haven't moved yet, and probably won't for a while, that's why I put eventually. I just know I want to move. We'll probably end up going early 2004. My wife is finishing up her BA right now, she'll be done in September. I'm thinking that would be a good time to go! :D I'm still pretty busy at work, but it's better. I'm back down to 10 hour days now.

eric- Thanks for checking in bro, been a while.

aka23 Thanks for the suggestion bro. I do work out at home, so that machne is out. I'll try to concentrate on the negatives until I can build up to doing real ones.

HY- The rack is treating me good. It's taking a little getting used to on the true free weight exercises (balancing and stuff), but I'm sure it won't take long. Don't even ask about the cut, after this weekend........ :( Oh well, I'll weigh myself again on Sunday morning.

Franji- Hola mi amor!! Good to see ya back in journal land!! Sounds like you are having a ton of fun here in the states. I checked out your pics of your trip so far, looking great! Thanks for stopping by!! :D:D

Mik
05-29-2003, 11:03 AM
Those are some crazy shrugs Justin. Nice session. Glad to hear you're liking the new rack.

WillKuenzel
05-29-2003, 11:57 AM
Glad to hear you had a blast down here in NC! That's awesome.

Don't worry about the balancing and stuff, it'll come in time. That's awesome that you can put up 315! That's still some crazy strength.

Workouts are looking great. Those dips are looking good too being that you're a big dude!

Franjipani
05-29-2003, 04:54 PM
I'm moving to NC! .....eventually. I absolutely loved it down there, the people are friendly, the area is great.:D

Me too :D

You are soooooo lucky I happened to be in Texas over that long weekend or you would be cruisin for a bruisin right about now...fancy coming to NC and not telling moituttut

JustinF
06-04-2003, 08:58 AM
6/03/03

Training:

Press- 15*185 2*315+2 5*275+2 16*225

Incline DB Press- 10*60's 15*60's 15*60's (I really need bigger DB's)

Flyes- 15*45's 10*60's 8*60's

Diet:

Meal 3: .5 cup wheat pasta, 1 medium chicken breast, .5 cup tomato sauce, 1 banana

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread with natty PB, 1 glass 2% milk

Meal 6: 1 large chicken breast grilled, 1 medium sweet potato, 1 cup mixed veggies grilled

Water: needs improvement

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:
Well, football practice starts today. I don't know what's up, but I'm not near as excited about it as I was last year. I don't know if it's the fear in the back of my mind about blowing out me knee again or what? Or maybe I just wanted to see if I still had it after so much time off. I don't know. I'll go to the first few practices and see if I get back into it, I'm not gonna play and do it half-assed. We'll see what happens.....

Decent session last night, balance on the press was better. Weights are still mediocre. I'm pretty dissapointed with them. I guess it's a big ego letdown. I really thought I could lift more than that. I didn't think that it would be that much of a difference going from the machine to true free weights.

*****RANT*****I think all this work is taking a toll on me. I am in a generally pissy mood all the time lately, I know everyone else can see it too. My wife, my parents, my friends. They've all told me I'm knda touchy lately. I'm really lucky to have people around me that are so understanding, especially my wife. I think any other lady would've told me to screw by now. It's not that I'm being mean or anything, it's just that by the tiime I get home, workout, eat, shower, I don't wanna talk or anything. I just wanna get my ass in bed and do it all over again. I just feel like I should be doing more with my life than this. Even weekends suck, because for the last 7 of 9 weekends I have had to work Saturdays, which leaves only Sundays, and I'm so frickin tired I don't want to go out and do anything, which I'm sure makes my wife really happy. Just seems like work is all I do, and it sucks. *****END RANT*****

That is all for now.

JustinF
06-04-2003, 09:02 AM
Mik- Thanks for checkin in bro. I am liking the rack.

HY- I do like NC alot. I will definately be coming down someday. When is that contest of yours?

Franji- I knew you were in Texas hun! You woulda been the first to know I was coming. You planning any trips up north before ya go back home?

Coke
06-04-2003, 11:27 AM
Hey Bro,

I hear you on the working tip, but so long as the checking account don't complain its all good (or almost). Just the side effect of being dynamic - look at all you've done so far!

Good luck with the move, if and when you make it.
Good luck with the football too, if you decide to stick with it this year.

I hope you keep the rack in use so it won't be collecting dust :D

Franjipani
06-04-2003, 11:36 AM
Franji- I knew you were in Texas hun! You woulda been the first to know I was coming. You planning any trips up north before ya go back home?

Florida is next on my hit list:D.

Hey, I met this very sexy dude at LA airport that plays your kind of footy for Kansas City Chiefs Football club....gave me a fancy card and all....apparently he is an important dude;).

Lucky me:angel:

kook
06-04-2003, 02:27 PM
wow bench went down like krazy, same thing happened to my squat when i switched it to free weights, but still 315 for a deuce aint bad at all

off topic, i think i saw you rolling around in your bright yello dakota with the almost dubs in leominster a week or two ago
i saw a baldy in there with huge ass earings and figured it was you.

JustinF
06-05-2003, 07:19 AM
6/04/03

Training:

1st practice- just some light running around, agility stuff

Diet:

Meal 3: .5 cup wheat pasta, 1 medium chicken breast, .5 cup tomato sauce, 1 apple, 5 fish oil caps

Meal 5:

Meal 6: 1 grilled chicken salad

Water: I was pissing all day!! :D

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

We just did some light cardio, sprints, jumps, ladders, etc. Since it was just the first practice, taking down all the names of the new guys trying out, we got our leauge championship trophies from last year, etc. It was good to be back out there.

Leg session tonight, I am not looking forward to it, only because I set up a session of sprints for Saturday morning with some of the guys. That doesn't mean I'm gonna slack on legs, just means I'm gonna hurt extra on Saturday!!

Maybe part of my pissy attitude was my SSDD routine as of late: go to work, work out, sleep, repeat. Honestly, I feel happier, and the only thing that changed is football started. :confused: :confused:

Well, that is all for now.

JustinF
06-05-2003, 07:26 AM
Cocoa- Thanks for checking in bro. The bank account is definately not complaining, but it doen't suffer from lack of sleep! :D I'm definately not going to let the rack collect dust. As tired as I am, I'm still doing my sessions religiously.

Franji- I love Florida. What part are you going to? I like the Sarasota area myself, all old people and quiet. Care to drop any names about who ya met? I'm very interested, feel free to PM me or hit me up on AOL Messenger: solowdakota
Not every day you get to meet an NFL player!! That's awesome!!

kook- Yeah, I know the weights went WAY down. I'm kinda upset about it, but I expected it. LOL, yeah, I guess that baldt with big ass earings was me. Where were ya? Next time you're in the area, PM me and let me know. It would be cool to put a face to the name.

Mik
06-05-2003, 08:26 AM
Glad to hear football picked up your spirits man.

WillKuenzel
06-05-2003, 09:12 AM
Glad to hear the football spirit kicked in! Don't be doing too much cardio! :p

Franjipani
06-05-2003, 09:24 AM
Care to drop any names about who ya met? I'm very interested, feel free to PM me or hit me up on AOL Messenger: solowdakota

Sorted:D

RG570
06-05-2003, 12:39 PM

Franji- I love Florida. What part are you going to? I like the Sarasota area myself, all old people and quiet. Care to drop any names about who ya met? I'm very interested, feel free to PM me or hit me up on AOL Messenger: solowdakota

How often do you come to sarasota dude? thats where im located. Lots of rotten teenagers coming up out of the ground, its getting less and less peaceful every day!

JustinF
06-06-2003, 07:17 AM
6/05/03

Training:

Squats- 10*225 5*315 20*205 (explosive up) 10*255 (deep)

Calf Raises- 22*360 20*360 23*360

Hamstring Curls- 12*90 15*90 6*115

Diet:

Meal 3: .5 cup wheat pasta, 1 medium chicken breast, .5 cup tomato sauce, 1 apple, 5 fish oil caps

Meal 6: 1 large subway sub (extra turkey)

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

That is all.

JustinF
06-06-2003, 07:19 AM
Mik and HY- Thanks for checking in fellas.

RG- I don't get down there too much. I go about every other year. It seems like those punk-ass kids are showing up everywhere lately!!

WillKuenzel
06-06-2003, 08:43 AM
That's some seriously nice squating man! 205 for 20 is crazy!

How often do you have football practice?

JustinF
06-10-2003, 05:27 AM
6/09/03

Training:

Flat Bench- 12*185 2*315 :mad: 7.5*275 8*245+2 negatives

Incline Bench- 7*225 8*205 18*155

Flyes- 12*45's 14*45's

Decline Flyes- 8*45's 9*45's

Diet:

Meal 3: .5 cup wheat pasta, 1 medium chicken breast, .5 cup tomato sauce, 5 fish oil caps

Meal 4: missed this meal

Meal 6: 10 oz Delmonico steak tuttut , a salad, ear of corn

Water: dammit!!

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

Anyway, I've been doing a lot of thinking about happiness, success, love, all that mushy stuff. What is it all, and what does it take to achieve? I know I have one of these things right now, and I am grateful for it, love.

I was talking to a great girl the other day about all of this, and she gave me some insight as to why I am so stressed out all the time. I have noticed that lately I have been in a terrible mood all the time, constantly stressing about work, money, etc.

Well no more, I am a new man. I am truly quite happy where I am in my life now. I have a beautiful wife who I love more than I can say, we are pretty well off, have good health, and positive people around us. I was basing my success on what others around me had, the houses, cars, etc. One thing that I hadn't even been thinking of is I am 24 years old, and most everyone I was comparing myself to was 40+. That frame of mind is ignorant. Not wanting to be successful, but comparing my happiness with "keeping up with the Jones' "

That said, I already feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I think I will be starting a new journal, as the title of this one is done. I have been at 270lbs for quite a while. Granted it's not the 270lb solid person I wanted to be, so with new goals will come a new journal. I am going to think about my goals for a bit, then I will start my new one.

Whew! That's all for now.

JustinF
06-10-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by HomeYield
That's some seriously nice squating man! 205 for 20 is crazy!

How often do you have football practice?

Thanks HY. I have football practice 2 times a week. Mondays and Wednesdays. I will have to go back to a 3 day split to accomodate practice.:) I just changed to my new split dammit!!

Mik
06-10-2003, 07:12 AM
Looking forward to seeing your new goals Justin.

JustinF
06-12-2003, 05:41 AM
Well, here is the start of my new journal. I had a great talk with Franji last week which opened my eyes to quite a few things. I hadn't been living life as much as I could have been. I had been very stressed out about many factors, work and money being the top stressors. I feel like a whole new person, much more relieved and much happier. I'm taking life one day at a time, setting some new goals, both personally and workout-wise.

My new bodybuilding goals are as follows:
Immediate- Cut down to ~250lbs while retaining as much LBM and strength as I can. Get in better cardiovascular shape.

Long Term A slow ans controlled bulk up to ~275-280. I know this is a huge step, but I see myself able to accomplish this. It will take quite a while, especially because it will be a clean bulk. At the end of the football season last year I was at ~250lbs. In the offseason I bulked up to 280lbs in a relatively short amount of time. I had some pretty good gains, but also put on a good amount of fat, hence why I have to cut now.

I haven't weighed myself in about 3 weeks, but I would say I am somewhere around 275, I will weigh myself on a consistent basis on Sunday mornings when I wake up.

I have not fully dedicated myself to weight training in the past year or so, and made decent progress, so I am excited at the possibilities I can achieve with full dedication.

GhettoSmurf
06-12-2003, 05:47 AM
im glad you got your life and idea's all strightend out. it's god to know what you want to do, and having someone to talk to is always a big help :)

it sounds like you have some wlel thought-out goals as well.

good luck on the current cut! :spam:

JustinF
06-12-2003, 05:50 AM
6/10/03

Training:

Deadlifts
10*225 4*405 9*315 8*315

BB Rows
10*185 6*225 5.5*225

WG Pull-Ups (assisted)
BW*5 BW*4 Narrow Grip-Palms facing BW*5 these need a lot of work

Pull Downs
10*180 6.5*220

Diet:

Meal 3: .5 cup wheat pasta, 1 medium chicken breast, .5 cup tomato sauce, 5 fish oil caps

Meal 4: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 can tuna

Meal 6: 1 grilled chicken salad with lite ceasar dressing

~2200 cals 19&F, 23%C, 58%P (according to Fitday)

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

pruneman
06-12-2003, 05:52 AM
Sounds like some good goals justin. good luck. Keep us posted.

JustinF
06-12-2003, 06:08 AM
6/11/03

Training:

Diet:

Meal 1: large bowl of Total cereal, 2 cups 2% milk

Meal 2:

Meal 3: 1 large Buffalo Chicken Salad with ranch dressing (I know)

Meal 4: 3 slices WW bread, 3TBSP natty PB

Meal 5:

Meal 6: 1 grilled chicken salad with lite ceasar dressing

~1800cals 57%F, 28%C, 15%P

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

I did get a good bit of sleep. I got three extra hours because I didn't have to go to work due to the jury duty. :thumbup:

Practice was good last night. A lot of running around, agility drills, sprints, etc. I can't wait until we start hitting!! It was decided last night that due to peoples different schedules, we will only hold practice one night a week (Wednesdays), so I do not have to change my training split after all!! :D Well, that's all for right now!

JustinF
06-12-2003, 06:11 AM
GhettoSmurf- Thanks for the comments. It was a great help having Franji to talk to. She's a great gal!! Thanks for the spam, I can use the extra calories! ;)

pruneman Good to see a new face in the journal. Thanks for stopping by, feel free to comment any time.

JustinF
06-12-2003, 08:33 PM
6/05/03

Training:

Squats
10*225, 5*315, 4*315, 14*225

Calf Raises
25*360, 24*360, 22*400

Hamstring Curls
12*90, 16*90, 6*115

Diet:

Meal 1: 2 boiled eggs, multi-vite

Meal 2: 1 cup oatmeal, .5 cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 3: .5 cup wheat pasta, 1 medium chicken breast, .5 cup tomato sauce, 1 nectarine, 5 fish oil caps

Meal 4: got home late, missed meal

Meal 6: 10 eggs scrambled (3whole, 7 white) with i can tuna, cooked in 2 TBSP olive oil, topped with 2TBSP picante sauce

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2618
Fat: 86 778 30%
Sat: 25 221 9%
Poly: 11 100 4%
Mono: 36 327 13%
Carbs: 165 603 24%
Fiber: 15 0 0%
Protein: 296 1184 46%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

'Tis all for now. I'm goin to bed.

JustinF
06-13-2003, 09:44 AM
I forgot what the calculations are for losing, maintenance, etc.

Is it BW*12 to lose?

According to that I should be taking in ~3300 calories. I'm taking less than that, plus cardio twice a week. (once on the bike, once at football practice) and I am not seeing the results that I think I should.

Any ideas/input?

WillKuenzel
06-13-2003, 09:48 AM
I might try to get around 3300 calories. Especially as big of fellow as you are your muscles might need a few more calories than others, especially since you are doing that much cardio. It might be a little bit slower but it'll come off. Take your time with it. You'll have better results that way.

GhettoSmurf
06-13-2003, 11:34 AM
i'd try to track your current calories intake on www.fitday.com for a week. then if you find that you are gaining or losing weight on that amount of calories per week, adjust accordingly :)

JustinF
06-13-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf
i'd try to track your current calories intake on www.fitday.com for a week. then if you find that you are gaining or losing weight on that amount of calories per week, adjust accordingly :)

Thanks for the suggestion bro, but if you look up in my journal, I already use fitday. :D

Mik
06-13-2003, 01:09 PM

You're preachin to the choir man! :D

Nice journal/goals Justin. I have to do something similar and get focused again. Your new journal and rededication is inspiring. Good luck.

JustinF
06-15-2003, 09:08 PM
Hey Mik- Thanks a lot man. I know how it can be when work throws off everything. You'll be back in the swing of things in no time.

JustinF
06-15-2003, 09:17 PM
Well, I had a great weekend. No work, I didn't workout either, but it was great none-the-less. I did a lot of "catch up" with family stuff and just having fun. I spent the whole weekend with my wife, whom it feels like I haven't seen in 6 months. It was great. And today I spent some quality time with my little homie, my nephew. I'm gonna post a few pics just for the hell of it, has nothing to do with working out but what the hell, it's my journal. :p

JustinF
06-15-2003, 09:27 PM

JustinF
06-15-2003, 09:36 PM

JustinF
06-15-2003, 09:40 PM
last one

JustinF
06-15-2003, 09:42 PM
That's it for now, going to bed. Catch up with y'alls journals in the AM.

Oh, I'm going to Florida in July! Wohooo!! :D

JustinF
06-16-2003, 04:53 AM
Weighed in at 279lbs this morning. That puts me at 29 lbs to lose for my first goal. :eek:

Budiak
06-16-2003, 06:50 AM
Holy ****, you're a big boy.

BB Rows
10*185 6*225 5.5*225

Something is wrong...there is no way I row more than you do, Johnson. NO WAY!

NO! ****!

*zombie arm breaks through window

GET BACK!

Rip the legs off of that table and get a hammer!

JustinF
06-16-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Budiak
Holy ****, you're a big boy.

NO! ****!

*zombie arm breaks through window

GET BACK!

Rip the legs off of that table and get a hammer!

:confused: :confused:

Mik
06-16-2003, 08:32 AM
Those are some great pics Justin. How old is the little homie?

Coke
06-16-2003, 08:34 AM
Great Pics of yourself and the Family. You do us WBBB bros proud and I am becoming a loyal member now because I been shaving like everyday.

You are looking more fit now days Big Bro :thumbup:

JustinF
06-16-2003, 08:48 AM
Hey Mik. He's 1 year and 8 months. He'll be 2 in October.

JustinF
06-16-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by CoCoa
Great Pics of yourself and the Family. You do us WBBB bros proud and I am becoming a loyal member now because I been shaving like everyday.

You are looking more fit now days Big Bro :thumbup:

Thanks bro, but I still got a long way to go. Glad to see a new member of the WBBB crew!

GhettoSmurf
06-16-2003, 10:15 AM
your looking great bro!

cute kid as well ;)

JustinF
06-16-2003, 07:13 PM
6/16/03

Training:

Flat Bench
10*225, 2*315 drop to 4*275, 5*265+1NEG

Incline Bench
6*225, 11*185, 8*185+1NEG

Flyes
10*45's, 8*45's, 9*45's

Cardio
Done before lifting. 30 minutes moderate pace on bike, 2 minute cooldown

Diet:

Meal 1: 1 cup oatmeal with 2 tbsp honey, multi-vite

Meal 2: 1 cup oatmeal with 2 tbsp honey, .5 cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 3: 1 cup pasta with tuna in a cream sauce and mushrooms (homemade thingy)

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty pb, 1 glass 2% milk

Meal 6: grilled chicken stir-fry sub from D'Angelos with cheese

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3134
Fat: 102 917 30%
Sat: 38 339 11%
Poly: 14 124 4%
Mono: 23 203 7%
Carbs: 292 1087 35%
Fiber: 21 0 0%
Protein: 270 1079 35%

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

Had a good day at work, not too busy. Everything is going good it seems. I can't wait for vacation. 5 more weeks!! :D:D

Mik
06-16-2003, 07:33 PM
Justin, glad to hear work is settling down a bit for ya. Your bench may have dropped but it's still impressive.

JustinF
06-16-2003, 08:37 PM
GS- Thanks bro. I have quite a ways to go. I'm pretty happt with the way I look as long as I have a shirt on, or at least a tank top. :D

Mik- Yeah, work seems to be settling down a bit. I won't say that too loud though. Seems like every time I have said that it picked back up. **knock on wood** My bench really isn't all that impressive, remember I am 280 lbs, not 200. I knew it was going to drop, but the amount really suprised me. Damn these long arms, damn them to hell!!:)

Yes I am feeling sorry for myself and making excuses. Don't mind my self pity. :D

Budiak
06-16-2003, 09:22 PM
Meal 6: grilled chicken stir-fry sub from D'Angelos with cheese

Stir fry sub? As in a sub sandwich? As odd as it sounds, the only thing more strange than that would be a stir fry sub with cheese.

Oh, wait...

JustinF
06-17-2003, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Budiak

Stir fry sub? As in a sub sandwich? As odd as it sounds, the only thing more strange than that would be a stir fry sub with cheese.

Oh, wait...

:D Yup. That's what it was. Basically just grilled chicken breast and veggies on wheat bread. And I'm not strange dammit. My mom told me I was "special"! :angel:

aka23
06-17-2003, 10:07 AM
Cardio
Done before lifting. 30 minutes moderate pace on bike, 2 minute cooldown

Even with less than ideal performance, your chest exercises are impressive.

Do you mean that you did cardio immidiately before lifting or ealier in the day?

Doing longer sessions of cardio immediately before or after weights may interfere with your goals. Doing cardio before weights may leave you fatigued so that you can not perform to your best while weightlifting. This may hinder your progress. In addition, it is important to refuel your glycogen reserves following a longer cardio session. This helps improve recovery and helps prevent the protein in your muscles being broken down for energy.

I think doing cardio after weightlifting is better than doing it before. However, the cardio may hinder recovery and muscle gains by delaying the postworkout meal and leaving your body in catabolic state. In addition you may not be fatigued and not able to perform your best during the cardio, interfering with cardiovascular improvement. One possible advantage to doing them in a row, is you may burn more fat when doing the cardio since the weightlifting leaves your body with less musclec/liver glycogen.

The best solution depends on your goals, the exercise intesities, and the exercise durations. I would suggest separating longer amounts of cardio from weights by at least a few hours and a meal. It would be even better if you seperated it by 8-12 hours or did it on alternate days. I think a very short cardio warmup/cooldown before/after weights is fine. This helps reduce injury and may improve performance.

JustinF
06-17-2003, 10:47 AM
aka23 Thanks for the comments bro. My currect split for weights is:

Monday-Chest
Tuesday-Back
Wednesday-OFF (football practice)
Thursday-Legs
Friday-Arms, Shoulders

I would normally try to do cardio on Saturday or Sunday, but as of late my weekends have been either filled with work, or busy otherwise and I didn't have time, so I figured I'd throw in some cardio before a weight session. Yes, this was done directly before the weights. I did not realize the degree that it could effect my weight training. Thanks for that info.

My immediate goal is to cut, down to 250 lbs, so I definately need the cardio to achieve that goal. I suppose I get a pretty good cardio session in at football practice, and once the games start on Saturday nights, I'll get a good cardio session there too. I will perform my cardio on alternate days other than weight training days. Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

ericg
06-17-2003, 11:01 AM
Love the new journal man - hope things go well for you. I plan to keep up with your posting/journal - work and life in general has kept me away from the wbb land.

Glad to see things are going well. Nice lifting.

PS - Sweet job recruiting Cocoa to join WBBB

pruneman
06-17-2003, 03:02 PM
Nice journal man.

You've got an impressive chest workout. good luck with your goals and keep up the good work.

JustinF
06-17-2003, 06:16 PM
6/17/03

Training:

Deadlift
10*225, 5*405, 5*405(see note below), 7*315

Pull Downs
10*180, 6*220, 9*200

DB Rows
12*100's, 10*100's, 10*100's

Diet:

Meal 1: 1 cup oatmeal with 2 tbsp honey, 4 boiled eggs (3 white, 1 whole), multi-vite

Meal 2: 1 cup oatmeal with 2 tbsp honey, .5 cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 3: 1 cup brown rice, 1 medium chicken breast, 5 fish oil caps

Meal 4: 3 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty pb, 1 glass 2% milk

Meal 6: 2 turkey burgers on ww buns with tomato and onion, 1 cup cottage cheese

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3248
Fat: 89 801 25%
Sat: 29 259 8%
Poly: 10 90 3%
Mono: 15 138 4%
Carbs: 319 1178 37%
Fiber: 24 0 0%
Protein: 297 1189 38%

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:
I pulled something during my third set of deadlifts. Has anyone ever had a hernia? I don't know if that is what happened. On my way up, I felt a sharp pain in my lower abdomen. The only thing I can even think of to compare it to is a sharp gas pain, only times 100. I dropped the weight and sat down. The pain dulled, so I finished my workout. At certain points during the workout, I would get a sharp pain again, but not with the intensity of the first one. After my workout was done and I went upstairs, I pushed on my lower abdomen all around. It was fine except for one certain spot I press hurts like hell. I can feel that there is like a hard lump where it hurts. Any ideas?
I'm going to sleep on it tonight, and if it still hurts call the doctor in the morning. I just wanted to see if anyone may have an idea what happened.

Other than that, work was ok. Kind of a long boring day, but it's gonne be mad busy tomorrow. Family wise, and personal stuff, things are goiing great!! :D

'Tis all for right now.

JustinF
06-17-2003, 06:17 PM
eric and pruneman- Thanks fellas for the kind words and encouragement.

pruneman
06-17-2003, 09:43 PM
Hey Justin, that sounds like it might be a hernia. My roommate had one last year. Might want to get that checked out by a doc. BTW those are some impressive DL's. I'm a little guy and i am always amazed by people who lift things more than twice my weight!

ericg
06-18-2003, 06:41 AM
Nice work on the deads man!! Rows are looking sweet! Diet is on track - dam bro looks like you got things in order to hit your goals for sure. I hope everything is cool with your abdominal pain.

Mik
06-18-2003, 08:01 AM
Hope things are OK with the ab pain Justin. I can't help you on what it might be but I'd get it checked. Nice liftin' bro.

fuzz
06-18-2003, 09:12 AM
Definitely get that checked, especially before you lift any more. Don't want to aggravate it before you know what it is...
Good luck!

JustinF
06-19-2003, 06:24 AM
6/17/03

Training:

Diet:

Meal 2: 1 cup oatmeal with 2 tbsp honey, .75 cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 5:

Meal 6: 1.5 cups wheat pasta with tomato suace and ground turkey

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2544
Fat: 70 626 25%
Sat: 20 181 7%
Poly: 9 83 3%
Mono: 13 119 5%
Carbs: 326 1166 47%
Fiber: 35 0 0%
Protein: 166 664 27%

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:
Well, I called the doctors office yesterday around 2:45PM and the were frickin closed! :confused: Anyway I left a message stating I wanted to make an appointment, I am awaiting a call today. I don't know if I want to have that appointment now though, it doesn't hurt anymore, not even when I press on it. I dunno. Is it possible I just strained an abdominal muscle or something?

I think I need to re-work my diet a little bit. My protein is a little low I think and my fats are too high. Any suggestions on the diet would be much appreciated.

That is all for right now. Leg day today!!

Coke
06-19-2003, 06:34 AM
I was hoping that you would be ok, and am glad its alright - can't have nothing tryin to stop our big bro! :)

I know you looking forward to going on vacation. When are you all leaving?

JustinF
06-19-2003, 06:40 AM
Pruneman- Thanks for checking in bro. The deads aren't all that impressive though, I should be lifting a lot more I think for my weight.

eric- Thanks bro. I'm dedicated to this lifestyle now, hoping everything falls into place.

Mik, Fuzz- Thanks for checking in fellas. The ab pain is gone now, but I still may go to the docs anyway.

JustinF
06-19-2003, 06:46 AM
I was hoping that you would be ok, and am glad its alright - can't have nothing tryin to stop our big bro! :)

I know you looking forward to going on vacation. When are you all leaving?

Well unfortunately it look like there will be no vacation. Shelling out $900 every five weeks for Heather's school kinda took away from the vacation fund. I'm still going to take the week off from work, just for my own sanity, but we'll be staying around home and doing some day trips and stuff. :(

Mik
06-19-2003, 08:44 AM
6/17/03

Meal 2: 1 cup oatmeal with 2 tbsp honey, .75 cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 5:

Meal 6: 1.5 cups wheat pasta with tomato suace and ground turkey

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2544
Fat: 70 626 25%
Sat: 20 181 7%
Poly: 9 83 3%
Mono: 13 119 5%
Carbs: 326 1166 47%
Fiber: 35 0 0%
Protein: 166 664 27%
I think I need to re-work my diet a little bit. My protein is a little low I think and my fats are too high. Any suggestions on the diet would be much appreciated.

That is all for right now. Leg day today!!

Your protein does seem low Justin. How about adding some eggs in with your first meal? Is your last meal at dinner time? You may want to consider having a protein source before bed. Just my 0.02. but what the hell do I know. :)

WillKuenzel
06-19-2003, 10:09 AM
I'm with Mik about the protein being pretty low. Especially for a guy of your size you need about twice that much. Increase the protien a little bit while keeping the fat the same. This should cut back on your carbs and you'll be in a pretty good ratio there.

Herc
06-19-2003, 10:23 AM
:spam:

Stopped by to check out your journal since I heard that you were coming to Fl. Sorry to hear about the cancellation, Bills are a B!tch arn't they.

Good luck on your goals and I'm about a week behind you on the re-start the workouts DOMS. Did legs on MON and still feeling them today.

:thumbup:

JustinF
06-19-2003, 02:38 PM
Mik and HY Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, my last meal is dinner time, but unfortunately with my schedule, that is only about 1.5 hours before bed. I'd like to try to sneek in some cottage cheese or something, right before bed, but I'm still full from dinner. I dunno, I'll figure something out.

Herc- Thanks for checking out the journal bro. Yeah, it sucks having to dish out all that money, but I'd rather do that then get stuck with student loans. I'm sure we'll be down next year though, I'll be sure to give ya a holler.

Franjipani
06-19-2003, 07:32 PM
Ohhh errrr this journal is pretty chipper;). The pic's of your wife and lil homey are fabuloso....and YOU look like eye candy hon:thumbup:.

Congrats on your new journal, your goals are pretty clear and concise. My fingers are crossed that everything is okay with your abdomen:D

pruneman
06-19-2003, 08:06 PM
Hey bro, your diet looks pretty solid. Lots of good foods, but i agree that the protein is a little low. I definately agree with the other guys that you should add some protein to your first meal. Breakfast is an important time to get some good protein (and carbs) because your body has been deprived of it since the night before. Recently, i've been having a cup of oatmeal (dry), 1 scoop of chocolate or strawberry whey, and 2tsp of flax for breakfast and i think it tastes pretty good. Something like that would give you an extra 20g of protein.
I wouldn't worry about your fat intake. It looks like youre getting a lot of EFA's. Fats are great because they fill you up and keep you full longer.
All in all, i think your diet is pretty solid. Just throw in a little more protein.
Hope that was some help

JustinF
06-20-2003, 06:03 AM
6/19/03

Training:

Diet:

Meal 1: 1 cup oatmeal with 2 tbsp honey, 3 boiled eggs(1 whole 2 white), multi-vite

Meal 3: 1 cup brown rice, 1 medium chicken breast, 1 apple, 5 fish oil caps

Meal 4: 1 can tuna, 2 tbsp natty pb, 1 glass 2% milk

Meal 5:

Meal 6: 12 scrambled eggs (10 whites, 2 whole), 1 tbsp natty pb, 2 tbsp picante sauce

Water: 5 liters

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2152
Fat: 74 663 32%
Sat: 20 183 9%
Poly: 7 60 3%
Mono: 13 114 6%
Carbs: 142 498 24%
Fiber: 17 0 0%
Protein: 222 889 43%

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:
Workout partner never showed up and didn't call me until 7:30 PM. I decided to not work out at all and catch up on some sleep instead. I will do legs today instead, and rather tan two rest days on the weekend, take only one.

Caolries were a little on the low side, but my breakdown of F/P/C was much better. I also drank more water than I have in a long time, I was pissing all day.

Today is my 3 year wedding anniversary. Three glorious years!! We have been together for close to 7, married for 3. I'm a lucky man!!

'tis all for right now.

GhettoSmurf
06-20-2003, 06:07 AM
congratulations on the 3-year anniversary!

Coke
06-20-2003, 06:32 AM
Happy Wedding Anniversary to you and the wife :)

JustinF
06-20-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Franjipani
Ohhh errrr this journal is pretty chipper;). The pic's of your wife and lil homey are fabuloso....and YOU look like eye candy hon:thumbup:.

Congrats on your new journal, your goals are pretty clear and concise. My fingers are crossed that everything is okay with your abdomen:D

:redface: :p
Thanks Franji. I'm a pretty chipper guy these days, THANKS. ;)

I think things are ok with the abdomen, it didn't hurt all day yesterday, and it's not even sore when I press on it.

pruneman Thanks for the comments bro. That's exactly what I'm going to do, up my protein intake, and that will equal out the rest of my diet.

JustinF
06-20-2003, 06:49 AM
GS and CoCoa- Thanks fellas. I love this place. It's my second family!! :thumbup:

Mik
06-20-2003, 08:18 AM
Happy anniversary Justin!

WillKuenzel
06-20-2003, 09:08 AM
Wow man congrats on the anniversary!! That's awesome!! :thumbup:

ericg
06-23-2003, 06:45 AM
Congrats on the anniversary, and many more to come!!

JustinF
06-23-2003, 06:13 PM
Mik, HY, eric- Thanks fellas much appreciated.

JustinF
06-23-2003, 06:22 PM
6/23/03

Training:

Diet:

Meal 1: 1 sausage, egg, and cheese on a wheat bagel from Dunkin Donuts (yeah, yeah)

Meal 2:

Meal 3: 1 grilled chicken ceaser wrap, 1 cup cottage cheese

Meal 4:

Meal 5: 1 grilled chicken salad, 1 cup cottage cheese

Meal 6:

Water: 5 liters

Calories Eaten Today
?????????????

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:
Well, I had a great weekend. I took Heather away for the weekend. Basically to a little cottage away from all civilization. It was great to re-connect. We had a fantastic weekend together. Did some hiking, some biking, and some relaxing.

Diet wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. Back to the daily grind tomorrow, so the diet will be in order.

I did manage to weigh myself Sunday morning, 279lbs. NO CHANGE, dammit. I will try to decrease calories a little bit and see what happens.

Thanks to all for the nice words on the anniversary. I'll catch up with y'all tomorrow, I'm gonna go finish up my weekend now. ;)

Franjipani
06-24-2003, 02:08 PM
Well, I had a great weekend. I took Heather away for the weekend. Basically to a little cottage away from all civilization. It was great to re-connect. We had a fantastic weekend together. Did some hiking, some biking, and some relaxing.

Nice one:thumbup:

Lotsa cardio in there too I see ;)

JustinF
06-24-2003, 07:09 PM
6/24/03

Training:

Flat Bench
15*185, 4*285+1Help+1Forced, 6*255+1Help, 9*225

Incline Bench
5*225(see note), 12*185+1Forced, 9*205+1Forced

Flyes
12*45's, 10*45's drop to 6*35's

Diet:

Meal 1: .5 cup oatmeal, 4 boiled eggs(1 whole 3 white), multi-vite

Meal 2: .5 cup oatmeal, 1 cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 3: 1 cup brown rice, 1 medium chicken breast, 1 apple, 5 fish oil caps

Meal 4: 2 tbsp natty pb, 2 slices ww bread, 1.5 cups 2% milk

Meal 6: 1 cup pasta with veggies in cream sauce, 2 tbsp olive oil

Water: 1 liter

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3133
Fat: 102 915 30%
Sat: 31 277 9%
Poly: 10 91 3%
Mono: 34 303 10%
Carbs: 240 885 29%
Fiber: 19 0 0%
Protein: 310 1241 41%

Ate too many calories today. Too many carbs too, need to concentrate more on diet.

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

Diet was mediocre, too many calories and too many carbs. I need to revisit this. I averaged around 3,000 last week and my weight stayed the same, so I need to decrease.

Today's session was decent. I felt like I got a good workout. I don't think I waited long enough between my last set of flat bench and first set of inclines, because I had nothing on my first set. Very dissapointing.

I am back and forth again with the football thing. Sometimes I want to play, sometimes I don't, we'll see what happens here. I think my main thing is why do I want to put my body in jeapordy when I am not getting paid for it or anything. When I'm out on the field bangin heads, I love it. I'm in my element, but the day after, I wonder if it's all worth it. I already have a bad knee and ankle, I just wonder how much damage I'm doing to myself and if it's all worth it. I dunno......

Anyway, 'Tis all for right now. Have a blessed day y'all.

JustinF
06-24-2003, 07:10 PM

Lotsa cardio in there too I see ;)

Yup, we had a lot of activities going on. ;)

Mik
06-24-2003, 08:24 PM
Sounds like a great weekend Justin. Nice to see the protein intake up there.

ericg
06-25-2003, 06:27 AM
Nice session Justin! Are you still using the same equipment to bench on?

Coke
06-25-2003, 06:49 AM
Good session Bro - short and sweet! :)

Franjipani
06-25-2003, 08:43 AM
Diet was mediocre, too many calories and too many carbs. I need to revisit this

:eek: I need to sort mine out then because it didnt look all that much to me (apart from the cream sauce bit) because I feel like im eating almost as much as you. *runs to fitday.com*

We did chest day too...same, same:D

The_Chicken_Daddy
06-25-2003, 05:38 PM
Justin, try and be a bit more consistent with your calorie intake each day.

You are one large ****ing lad!

Also, when you do cardio, do interval type training, whether it be on the bike or tready. Just go all out as fast as you can (within reason - be sensible of course) for about 30-40s and then go slow or rest for about a minute. Repeat the cycle for about 10-15 minutes. After that, just call it a day. Interval training uses anaerobic respiration. it leaves you in a much more fat oxidative/anabolic mode for the remainder of the day.

JustinF
06-26-2003, 08:45 PM
6/26/03

Training:

Squats
10*225, 6*315, 12*255, 7*285

Calf Raises
20*360, 15*410, 18*410

Hammie Curls
20*70, 10*105, 10*130

Diet:

Meal 2: .5 cup oatmeal, .5cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 3: 1 cup ww pasta. veggies, 1 medium chicken breast

Meal 4: 2 tbsp natty pb, 1 can tuna

Meal 6: 27 pieces (three 9 packs) sushi. (tuna, salmon)

Water: 4.5 liters

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3024
[b]Fat: 61 547 19%
Sat: 21 190 6%
Poly: 6 57 2%
Mono: 9 81 3%
Carbs: 306 1155 39%
Fiber: 18 0 0%
Protein: 307 1228 42%
Alcohol: 0 2 0%

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:
It was very busy today at work. It was about 95 degrees in the warehouse and the humidity was off the charts. I'm talking dripping sweat. Tomorrow is suppose to be the same. Got a lot done today though, but I think I still have to work Saturday. :(

I came to grips with the fact that I will no longer be playing football today. It's not worth it to me to chance messing up my knee beyond repair. As much as I love to play the game, I love my health more. I will probably be using the time I would have been playing to coach some youngsters, I think that will be fun.

Todays session was short, intense, and sweet. Mild DOMS has already set in, I'm sure it will be worse tomorrow.

I just fell asleep on my recliner for like an hour and a half. I woke up just now. :p Oh well, I needed a little extra rest. I'm going right back to bed now. G'night! Talk to y'all in the AM.

JustinF
06-26-2003, 08:48 PM

:eek: I need to sort mine out then because it didnt look all that much to me (apart from the cream sauce bit)

******I know, I know, but it was a lite cream :angel:

We did chest day too...same, same:D

******We must be on the same wave length. ;)

JustinF
06-26-2003, 08:51 PM
Chicken_Daddy- Thanks for your input. My calories are usually right around 3000 for the day. It was just an off weekend and eating was hard to schedule, but I do try to stay around the same. I will definately try the HIIT training. I've heard nothing but good things about it, it's high time I get off my ass. Again, I appreciate the input, feel free to comment whenever you feel the need. :D

Franjipani
06-27-2003, 07:07 AM
Meal 6: 27 pieces (three 9 packs) sushi. (tuna, salmon)

*lol*

I know they are only little but just sounds like heaps....:p

Way to go.....you need to eat more anyway !!!

Congrats on making a decision either way about football....thats the toughest part believe me. I understand that it was not an easy choice given its your passion and all. However, coaching kids will definitely be a rewarding experience...

Justin, in a nutshell you are simply fabuloso:thumbup:

Isaac Wilkins
06-27-2003, 12:21 PM
Hey big guy, I didn't realize you'd started a new journal.

So here I come to :spam: the hell out of it!

I haven't read all of the way through yet, but like everyone says: You need to start bumping those cals. As big as you are, at this point I'd use 3000/day as a basement.

Probably you'll find that with some cardio you'll need more to keep fat loss at bay.

WillKuenzel
06-27-2003, 12:30 PM
I came to grips with the fact that I will no longer be playing football today. It's not worth it to me to chance messing up my knee beyond repair. As much as I love to play the game, I love my health more. I will probably be using the time I would have been playing to coach some youngsters, I think that will be fun.
Sorry to hear about you not playing football anymore but its probably for the best. Got to be able to walk later in life. :) Coaching is probably a great idea for you! Its definitely something I've thought about. Give it a go and see how things turn out. :thumbup:

JustinF
06-30-2003, 08:09 AM
Had a good weekend. I had to work on Saturday, but only until 12. The rest of the weekend was spent enjoying family and friends. I ate too much and drank too much. Had a BBQ on Sunday, and the mudslides were going down WAYYYYYYY to easy.

I am leaving this Thursday to go to New York for a BIG 4th of July party. Needless to say I will be hammered. :D I haven't drank in a long time so it'll be a good time. I think we're suppose to have good weather too.

I am going to go back to a 3 day split.
1- chest and bi's
2- cardio
3- legs
4- cardio
5- back and tri's

The main reason is to make it easier to get in two days of HIIT cardio. I have a weakness on weekends, I just can't seem to motivate myself to do any cardio.:confused: :cool:
I also need to do something about my food habits on weekends. I always end up sleeping in, because I get so little during the week, so I eat way too little due to time. My question is this:
Is it better to just skip the meals that I miss because I'm sleeping and eat too little calories, or is it better to make the few meals that I do eat bigger?

Franji- Thanks for checking in on me hon. The 27 pieces does sound like a lot, but let me tell ya, I could've eaten 27 more!!:redface:

Borris-Thanks for the spam bro. Glad you found your way here. You're input is always welcomed. I think you meant to keep muscle loss at bay right?:)

HY- Yeah, it was kindof a tough decision to make, but it's for the best. Well, it really wasn't a tough decision, it was a tough decision to accept I have been playing for so long, and I love to do it, but I want to be able to run around with my kids too. I think I'll like the coaching thing. I'll teach 'em how to tear it up like I did. :D

Mik
06-30-2003, 08:20 AM
I would say increase the cals at each meal if possible though I suspect it wouldn't be the end of the world if a meal or two were skipped. I'm having the same trouble on weekends. It seems when I sleep in and don't have a set schedule it's more difficult to eat enough.

Franjipani
06-30-2003, 12:37 PM
I am leaving this Thursday to go to New York for a BIG 4th of July party. Needless to say I will be hammered. :D I haven't drank in a long time so it'll be a good time

Woo hooo:thumbup:. I'm quite excited about being here on 4th July..... Sounds like its a hyooooge party EVERYWHERE:D.

I agree with Mik about increasing the cals on the meals you do eat on weekends....(you have heaps of us checking up on your diet now....so, best be good !!!)

Good luck with the new split hon...hope it works in better with your current lifestyle !!!

Isaac Wilkins
06-30-2003, 01:03 PM
Oh, there will be more input in the future.

Yeah, I without doubt meant "muscle loss at bay". Whoops. :p

Um... No... That's my super secret NSCA-CPT training secret, we're HOLDING fat for a while to create a rebound. Sure... :D ;)

aka23
06-30-2003, 01:54 PM
I am going to go back to a 3 day split.
1- chest and bi's
2- cardio
3- legs
4- cardio
5- back and tri's

The main reason is to make it easier to get in two days of HIIT cardio. I have a weakness on weekends, I just can't seem to motivate myself to do any cardio.:confused: :cool:

Doing a hard HIIT day in sequence with a hard leg day could lead to overtraining. It depends on a number of factors such as the intensity and volumes of the sessions, as well as your recovery. The HIIT might interfere with recovery, as much of the rebuilding/recovery occurs in the 36 hours following your training day.

You would be less like to run into problems if you separated HIIT workouts from leg day and from other HIIT workouts by more than 1 day. Another option is to do lower intensity cardio near leg day, and leave HIIT to other days during the week.

Having said that, some people have no problems when doing HIIT on before/after leg day. I usually do a long HIIT workout on the day after working my quads. However, I usually do only 4 sets of leg exercises on Wednesday's quad day. I do not think I would be in condition for a HIIT workout after my higher volume leg work, on Sunday.

I hope you have a good time at the 4th of July party.

JustinF
07-01-2003, 05:03 AM
Well, last nightwas an unplanned session off. Last Friday after work I was helping my brother move some furniture with my beater Blazer. (the joys of being the one in the family with a beater). Anywho, I remember going out to the car with my hands full and my wallet in my mouth (because my hands were full). Well sure enough, ends up I put it on top of the car to unlock it and whoops, I drive away with it up there. I drove the whole route 3 times that night trying to find it, nothing. So Saturday from work I call up and cancel my credit cards, and I was going to go to the DMV to get a new drivers license on Monday. I get home from work yesterday, and there's a message on my phone from a young lady that found my wallet on Friday night. So long story short, I got lost trying to find where she works and didn't get home 'till 8PM. Fun stuff. Everything was in the wallet, all my credit and debit card, wedding photos, so it was all good. Not too sure why she waited until yesterday to call me, but I'm not complaining. I have all my stuff back, except now I have to wait until I get my new cards.

Anywho, my diet for yesterday was low in calories and the breakdown could have been better. I'll get it in line.

M1- 4 boiled eggs (3 whites, 1 whole)
M2- 1 cup cottage cheese, .5 cup oatmeal, 5 fish oil caps
M3- 1 cup brown rice, i large chicken breast, 1 apple, 5 fish oil caps
M4- 2 tbsp natty PB, 1 glass 2% milk, 1 can tuna
M5- missed this one
M6- 1 large subway sub (turkey with extra turkey and provolone) (ok, and Dijon Horseradish sauce) tuttut, 1 cup cottage cheese

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2355
Fat: 65 587 26%
Sat: 25 229 10%
Poly: 4 36 2%
Mono: 7 62 3%
Carbs: 211 766 34%
Fiber: 19 0 0%
Protein: 229 915 40%

'Tis all for now.

JustinF
07-01-2003, 05:07 AM
Franji-Thanks for stopping by hun! Yeah, here in the states we use anything as an excuse to get a big party goin! :D I had a strange dream last night, and you were in it.

Borris- LOL, I've been trying the "holding fat" thing for a while now, no rebound yet. :D

AKA- Thanks for your input once again, I hadn't thought about the overtraining thing. Maybe something like this:
1-Chest and Bi's
2-Cardio
3-Legs
4-Back and Tris
5-Cardio

Franjipani
07-01-2003, 07:01 AM
I had a strange dream last night, and you were in it.

Well, I sure hope it was well wikkid ??? ;) :p

Everytime I have lost my wallet......It always surfaces somewhere complete with dosh......I love it when that stuff happens !!! Reminds me that there are lots of trustworthy and honest people in the world :angel:

Coke
07-01-2003, 07:19 AM
Hey bro, you should consider yourself very lucky to get your wallet back ;)

Good luck on the new split and the diet too! I must make a suggestion to you for the weekends, just have a couple of protein drinks to round out the day when you can't eat as much.

Have one good time in NYC :)

JustinF
07-01-2003, 10:15 AM
Franji- Wasn't too wikked!! ;) I was very suprised that my wallet was fully intact, I guess there are still some good people out there after all.

CoCoa- Thanks for checking in bro. You know, I hadn't even thought about that, but it's a great idea. Thanks bro!

JustinF
07-01-2003, 06:52 PM
7/1/03

Training:

Flat Bench
12*185, 4*285+2NEG, 5.5*255+1NEG, 9*225

Incline Bench
8*225, 7.5*205, 7.5*205

Flyes
10*45's, 8*45's

Preacher Curls
15*115, 15*135, 8*155+1FORCED (need to up the weight here)

Hammer Curls
6*60's, 6.5*60's, 8*60's (last two cheated)

Diet:

Meal 2: .5 cup oatmeal, 1 cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 3: .5 cup cottage cheese, 1 can tuna, 5 fish oil caps

Meal 4: 2 tbsp natty pb, .5 cup cottage cheese, 1 can tuna

Meal 5: 2/3 protein shake (5 scoops whey, 5g creatine, 60g dextrose, 1 banana)

Meal 6: 1 cup ww pasta, 1 cup tomato sauce, 8oz ground turkey

Meal 7: last 1/3 protein shake

Water: 1.5 liters (needs to be more)

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2930
Fat: 88 789 28%
Sat: 31 280 10%
Poly: 11 102 4%
Mono: 15 136 5%
Carbs: 180 633 22%
Fiber: 22 0 0%
Protein: 357 1428 50%

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

pruneman
07-01-2003, 09:30 PM
workouts are looking good as usual. Do you always get that little sleep? It seems like you don't get more than 6 hrs of sleep on most nights. I know that coffee is good, but sleep is better. Keep up the hard work man and get some rest! Peace

JustinF
07-02-2003, 04:06 AM
Pruneman- Thans for the comments bro. Yeah, I do usually get under 6 hours a night. I wake up at 4AM, sometimes 3AM to be to work, and I can't seem to get to sleep before 10:00PM, even when I am laying in bed. I end up sleeping in on weekend though, a little too much. Coffee is my best friend!!

Franjipani
07-02-2003, 06:25 AM
...... and I can't seem to get to sleep before 10:00PM, even when I am laying in bed......Coffee is my best friend!!

Taking a leaf out of Bennett's book maybe in order.....Coffee is his best friend in the morning too.....but he refrains after 2pm for that very reason......

The source of my sleeplessness was in fact diet coke:eek:. I promptly put a stop to that.....*naughty Frannie - slaps own wrist*.

*lol* your protein levels look like mine....glad to see the extra cals in there though just the same:thumbup:.

JustinF
07-02-2003, 06:39 AM
Hey Franji, I don't think that's my problem. I drink a lot of coffee, but none after like 10:00AM. Between 4 and 10 I drink probably 7 or 8 cups, I don't know if that is still with me at bedtime, I would think not. :confused:

Mik
07-02-2003, 07:40 AM
I doubt that's the problem. I can drink a ton of coffee up until noonish and be OK. Though I normally only have a couple cups nowadays. I have the same problem though. I simply can't fall asleep before 11 no matter how tired I am. I can come home after work totally exhausted and think I won't make it to 7 o'clock then boom, by 8 I'm wide awake and know I won't hit the sack for at least a few more hours.

JustinF
07-03-2003, 05:06 AM
7/2/03

Training:

Deadlift (Sumo)
10*225, 5*315, 2*405, 1*455

BB Rows
10*225, 8*245, 6*265

Pull Ups
BW*4, bw*4, BW*3.5 :mad:

Dips
BW*15, +70*8, +80*6

Skulls, SS with CG Bench
15*115, 8*135, 9*135

Diet:

Meal 3: 1 cup brown rice, 1 large chicken breast, 5 fish oil caps

Meal 4: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 can tuna

Meal 5: 2/3 protein shake (5 scoops whey, 5g creatine, 60g dextrose, 1 banana)

Meal 6: 2 turkey burgers (only one ww bun), and an ear of corn

Meal 7: last 1/3 protein shake

Water: 2

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2630
Fat: 53 481 19%
Sat: 22 194 8%
Poly: 8 70 3%
Mono: 10 93 4%
Carbs: 208 752 30%
Fiber: 20 0 0%
Protein: 329 1315 52%

Damn Carbs.

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

I'm almost positive I'll be going to the Buffalo meet.

That is all.

Coke
07-03-2003, 06:20 AM
Good session again Big Bro, you make it seem effortless :)

Mik
07-03-2003, 10:53 AM
455! Nice pull Justin.

kook
07-03-2003, 11:53 AM
i dont know how i missed your new journal

did you ever think about no carbing for awhile? thats the only way i seem to lose weight.

must have seen your pics a dozen times now but everytime i say damnn your large

Franjipani
07-03-2003, 12:37 PM
Diet is too low on calories. tuttut

I'm almost positive I'll be going to the Buffalo meet.

You are 100% committed now:D :D

.....ohhh and bloody well done on the deads:thumbup:

ElPietro
07-04-2003, 08:23 AM
Did that abdominal pain ever get looked after? Or did it just go away?

JustinF
07-04-2003, 09:53 AM
CoCoa and Mik- Thanks fellas. I am trying to get better at deadlifts. My goal is to pull 5oo by the end of the year.

kook- Thanks for stopping in bro, glad ya found your way. I am a naturally big boy, can't wait till I actually get big. That'll be a sight!!

Franji- I am 100% commited now, I'll definately be there. And thanks, about the deads.

ElP- Welcome to my journal. The abdominal pain went away two days after it happened so I never went to get it checked out, and it didn't bother me during this weeks deadlifts, so I think I just may have had a sprain or something. Looking forward to meeting you and everybody else next month.

Well, I did a short HIIT cardio today on the eliiptical thingy at the house I am staying, and I have already started consuming my "bad calories" (read Mudslides) I'll check in with your journals in a few, assuming I'm not too F'd up. :D

JustinF
07-07-2003, 05:32 AM
Wow, what a weekend. I officially had a 4 day cheat. Everything I could have done, yup, I did it. But I had a blast, it was a great weekend, I haven't had that much fun and relaxation for ages.

The weekend started on Thursday night, drove to NY with my wife and my best friend, we stayed at his Aunts house, who was there for the first two days, then left for England. These people are awesome. They have loads of money, but you wouldn't know it, they are so down to earth. It was a great thing to see, and a good example of how to live your life, IMO.

Anyway, we arrived about 10:00PM and grabbed something to eat, and just talked with everyone til about 3AM. Woah, I haven't done that in a while. I woke up about 7:30, to an already beautiful day. Bright sunshine, birds chirping! :D

Most of the weekend was spent eating, drinking, and just having fun. I ate a bunch of bad food, drank a lot of bad drinks, got too little sleep, and got sunburned. My friends cousins are 7 and 9, and it was a blast hanging out with them. We played Chicken in the pool, took them to the fireworks, etc. Only one bad moment, the pool was only like 4 or 5 feet deep, and I was determined to show the kiddies the biggest cannonball ever. So I get a running start, jump way up high, and splash HUGE CANNONBALL!! Problem is, I hit the bottom of the pool all the force on my right ass-cheek!! I bounced right off the floor. It was sore for a few days, but no biggie. It was worth the reaction of the kids.

Anyway, I ate, drank, smoked cigars, etc. It was a bittersweet weekend, because as I knew I would, I feel terrible about myself, but I got all my cravings out of my system, so I have ZERO excuses not to be 110% comitted to diet and cardio now. That is all for now!!

Franjipani
07-07-2003, 07:29 AM
So I get a running start, jump way up high, and splash HUGE CANNONBALL!! Problem is, I hit the bottom of the pool all the force on my right ass-cheek!! I bounced right off the floor. It was sore for a few days, but no biggie. It was worth the reaction of the kids.

*LMAO* Just simply PRICELESS:D :D.

Anyway, I ate, drank, smoked cigars, etc. It was a bittersweet weekend, because as I knew I would, I feel terrible about myself

Sounds brilliantly decadant !!!!

How can a fully planned, exciting, fun, care-free, fabulously magical cheat weekend be anything but enriching??? ;)

I'm glad you got the opportunity to shake up your metabolism somewhat...mark my words sunshine, you will be pleasantly surprised by the end of this week. Thats a Franji promise:).

WillKuenzel
07-07-2003, 07:41 AM
Wow, what a weekend. I officially had a 4 day cheat. Everything I could have done, yup, I did it. But I had a blast, it was a great weekend, I haven't had that much fun and relaxation for ages. LOL, I did that exact same thing. :D Quite a relaxing time. Glad to hear it was great weekend. Time to get down to business. :thumbup:

Coke
07-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Looks like a good time was had by all :)
These are the moments we live for.... i had to laugh today when I saw you hit the pool bottom

JustinF
07-07-2003, 08:23 PM
7/7/03

Training:

Flat Bench
10*225, 6*285+1NEG, 2*295+2FORCED, 6*245+1NEG

Incline BB Bench
6*235, 8.5*205+1NEG, 10.5*185

Flyes
15*35's, 15*35's, 12*45's (took all of these very deep)

Preacher Curls
15*135, 8.5*165, 8.5*165+1NEG, 12*135(1.5 reps=1rep)

DB Hammer Curls
8*60's, 7*60's drop to 7*45's drop to 8*35's drop to 10*25's (at this point arms were fried)

Diet:

Meal 1: .5 cup oatmeal, .75 cup cottage cheese, multi-vite

Meal 2: 4 boiled eggs (3 whites 1 whole), .5 cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 3: .5 cup coyttage cheese,2 cans tuna, 5 fish oil caps

Meal 4: 3 slices ww bread, 4 tbsp natty pb, 1.5 cups 2% milk

Meal 5: protein shake (5 scoops whey, 5g creatine, 60g dextrose, 1 banana)

Meal 6: .5 cup brown rice, 6 oz beef, 1 cup mixed veggies in a stir fry (broccoli, squash, onions, yellow and red bell pepper)

Water: 1.5 gallons

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3060
Fat: 94 844 28%
Sat: 36 321 11%
Poly: 5 43 1%
Mono: 12 110 4%
Carbs: 211 741 25%
Fiber: 25 0 0%
Protein: 346 1386 47%

This total does not include the fish oil caps

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:
I had a good session tonight, it felt good. My bi's are sore already, no DOMS in the chest yet, but that usually doesn't come until mid day the following day. I think my diet looks pretty good today, I managed to get in a touch over 3,000 calories, and I think the breakdown is pretty good.

Looking forwad to the Toronto trip later this month. That is all for now.

JustinF
07-07-2003, 08:28 PM
Frannie- I sure do hope I will be pleasantly suprised. I stepped on the scale last night and weighed in at an unbelievable 290lbs, talk about stepping backwards. We'll see what the scales say this Sunday with the cardio and diet on track.

HY- Glad to see I wasn't the only one who indulged myself this weekend! But as you said, time to get down to Biz!!

Cocoa- Thanks for checking in bro. You're absolutely right, these are the times we live for, that's why I don't feel too bad about it. I'm glad ya got a laugh at my big ass slamming off the bottom of the pool! It's still a bit sore even today!!:D

pruneman
07-07-2003, 08:58 PM
good lookin workout bro...hungry today? Diet looks solid

Mik
07-07-2003, 09:16 PM
Damn nice session after the weekend you had Justin. Sounds like you had a great time. Diet is looking ace. Keep up the good work bro.

JustinF
07-08-2003, 09:47 AM
Pruneman- Thanks bro. Actually, I wasn't hungry at all today. I am going to try to keep my diet as clean as possible, and kick in the cardio sessions.

Mik- Thanks for stopping by bro. I did have a great time this past weekend, it was much needed. You gonna try to get down to Toronto the end of the month?

pruneman
07-08-2003, 01:08 PM
Good stuff man...I keep forgetting that you are such a big guy. I know I really have to push just to break 2600cals a day, but then again I only weigh 140lb. I don't know what sort of cardio you do, but I did the rowing machine yesterday and loved it. Only reason I mention it is because it is very low impact which would probably be beneficial for a guy your size.
Keep the posts rollin man. I enjoy reading your journal

Mik
07-08-2003, 01:10 PM

Mik- Thanks for stopping by bro. I did have a great time this past weekend, it was much needed. You gonna try to get down to Toronto the end of the month?

Man, I would love to but I don't think I'll be around. I should know in a day or so. If there is any way I can make it I'll be there.

JustinF
07-09-2003, 04:33 AM
7/8/03

Training:

Diet:

Meal 1: 1 cup oats, 4 eggs (3 whites), multi-vite

Meal 2: 1 peach, .75 cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 3: 1 cup brown rice, 1 large chicken breast, 5 fish oil caps

Meal 4: 1 can tuna, 3 tbsp natty pb, 1 cup 2% milk

Meal 5:

Meal 6: Grilled chicken salad with Kens Lite Ceasar Dressing, 1 cup cottage cheese

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2217
Fat: 70 630 30%
Sat: 25 221 10%
Poly: 7 62 3%
Mono: 9 83 4%
Carbs: 180 638 30%
Protein: 215 859 40%

tuttut tuttut :mad: tuttut tuttut

This total does not include the fish oil caps

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

JustinF
07-09-2003, 12:10 PM
Pruneman- Yeah, I'm a little larger than average size ;) I do a HIIT cardio on the recumbant bike, I like it. I used to run but with my knee pretty much shot, I've taken up lower impact cardio.

Mik- It's cool bro. I hope you can manage, it would be cool to meet ya.

Anybody have any opinions on stopping the creatine use while cutting? To be truthfull, I don't know if it did anything for me in the first place, I guess I'd find out if I got a bit smaller after stopping use. I was thinking about not taking it until my next bulk. Anyone know the shelf life on this stuff, an already open container? It's gonna be a while before I hit 250lbs.

Mik
07-09-2003, 12:31 PM

Mik- It's cool bro. I hope you can manage, it would be cool to meet ya.

Anybody have any opinions on stopping the creatine use while cutting? To be truthfull, I don't know if it did anything for me in the first place, I guess I'd find out if I got a bit smaller after stopping use. I was thinking about not taking it until my next bulk. Anyone know the shelf life on this stuff, an already open container? It's gonna be a while before I hit 250lbs.

Yeah, it sucks, I'd love to meet up and get humiliated by the weights you throw around. :(

I'm not sure on the shelf life of creatine but I stopped using it two days ago. I'm going to see if I see any negative impact but I don't think it ever really did anything for me. If I wake up tomorrow and weigh 120 I'll go back on it. ;)

Workhorse
07-09-2003, 12:53 PM
I've been meaning to pop in here and see how you're doing. I just read your entire journal and things look good. You're a big guy and the lil man and girl look good too. You must be very proud! Happy belated anniversary (I'm gettin' hitched summer of 2004)!!

Keep up all the great work, glad to hear you had a good weekend for the 4th of July!! I'll keep checking in on ya... :thumbup:

Workhorse
07-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Oh, and :spam: :D

Coke
07-09-2003, 01:01 PM
:spam: :spam:

I am feeling a little ornery today, so here is a double dose of spam for big bro :D

JustinF
07-09-2003, 01:06 PM
WH- Thanks for stopping by bro, thanks as well for the kind words. The little man is actually not mine, he's my nephew, but I am proud! :D

Congrats on your upcoming marraige. I've been meaning to :spam: your journal for a while now, I've been reading it long enough! Feel free to stop by anytime.

JustinF
07-09-2003, 07:46 PM
7/8/03

Training:

5 minute warmup
15 minutes HIIT on rwecumbant bike (30 seconds max effort, 1 minute cooldown)

Diet:

Meal 1: 1 cup oats, 4 eggs (3 whites), multi-vite

Meal 2: 1 cup oats, .5 cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 3: 1 cup brown rice, 1 large chicken breast, 1 banana, 5 fish oil caps

Meal 4: 1 can tuna, 3 tbsp natty pb, 1 cup 2% milk

Meal 5: 1 cup ww pasta, 1.5 cups mixed veggies and chicken in a garlic herb sauce

Meal 6: not yet, prob some cottage cheese

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2265
Fat: 54 487 23%
Sat: 17 149 7%
Poly: 8 71 3%
Mono: 11 102 5%
Carbs: 212 705 33%
Fiber: 36 0 0%
Protein: 233 933 44%

I need to work on the macro breakdowns, way too many carbs. Need to up protein and lower carbs.

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

JustinF
07-09-2003, 07:50 PM
I have commited myself to a cutting contest with ELP to last 8 weeks. Per my agreement wih ElP, I will now upload my "before" photos taken this evening. Please, no laughing.

JustinF
07-09-2003, 08:37 PM
front

JustinF
07-09-2003, 08:39 PM
left side

JustinF
07-09-2003, 08:40 PM
rightside

JustinF
07-09-2003, 08:42 PM
backdouble

JustinF
07-09-2003, 08:43 PM
mostmuscular attempt

JustinF
07-09-2003, 08:45 PM
leg

JustinF
07-09-2003, 08:48 PM
leg front

JustinF
07-09-2003, 08:49 PM
Last one, calves

JustinF
07-09-2003, 08:59 PM
That's me. :cry: :cry: :cry: :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh, for the record, I do not use that thing anymore, I have a power rack as well.

I guess I'll put my measurments as well so I can compare those at the end of the 8 weeks.

Neck- 17.5"
Chest- 50"
Waist (at belly button) 42.5"
Waist (at belt line) 41"
Bicep- 17.75"
Forearm- 14"
Thigh- 28"
Calf- 18.25"

Stats: 6'5" 290lbs Body Fat% I dunno, high

Mik
07-10-2003, 08:34 AM
Oh, for the record, I do not use that thing anymore, I have a power rack as well.

I was going to ask about that. Damn your big! Your delts and traps look pretty thick man. Legs are solid as well. Good luck with the contest.

Workhorse
07-10-2003, 08:50 AM
You've got some great size... good job!! Keep at it and everything will come to you!! :thumbup:

Coke
07-10-2003, 10:48 AM
What is this, pic day? They are looking good and that is for starters - good luck with the plan! :)

fuzz
07-10-2003, 10:59 AM
Ya know your bf doesn't look too bad...I'm guessing high teens? At 290 that is not bad at all.

ElPietro
07-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Good luck, but not THAT much luck. :evillaugh

WillKuenzel
07-10-2003, 12:58 PM
I have commited myself to a cutting contest with ELP to last 8 weeks. Per my agreement wih ElP, I will now upload my "before" photos taken this evening. Please, no laughing.
Anybody that laughs at somebody that's 290 isn't too bright. :D

You're looking pretty good to be 290 man. You don't look to be that fat at all. Good luck with the cut! :thumbup:

Oh and I like your new avatar. That's a good shot of y'all. :)

ElPietro
07-10-2003, 01:10 PM

Anybody that laughs at somebody that's 290 isn't too bright. :D

He's only 55lbs heavier then me so pfft! 55lbs is only a concentration curl away! :cool:

As for his new avatar, I see the strategy, hide behind a girl will ya! :p

WillKuenzel
07-10-2003, 01:15 PM
LOL, only 55lbs?! Maybe if you are hitting him with that 55lb db in your hand then it wont be so bad but it would still be enough to frighten me from laughing at him. :p

JustinF
07-10-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by ElPietro
As for his new avatar, I see the strategy, hide behind a girl will ya! :p :eek:

**Oh no you didn't!! tuttut tuttut

http://66.227.101.70/contrib/edoom/boxing_smiley.gif

We'll see who's hiding at the end of the cut!! :D

JustinF
07-10-2003, 01:21 PM
To all who commented, thanks a lot. Much appreciated. Personally, I think I look terrible, but I appreciate the words. I would guessed my BF% to be well over 20 though, no?

JustinF
07-10-2003, 01:22 PM
Good luck, but not THAT much luck. :evillaugh

Appreciate it, but none needed!! :p :p

JustinF
07-10-2003, 01:23 PM
LOL, only 55lbs?! Maybe if you are hitting him with that 55lb db in your hand then it wont be so bad but it would still be enough to frighten me from laughing at him. :p

LOL, I been hit with a lot worse than a 55lb dumbell. Better bring it with more than that! :D

Mik
07-10-2003, 01:26 PM
To all who commented, thanks a lot. Much appreciated. Personally, I think I look terrible, but I appreciate the words. I would guessed my BF% to be well over 20 though, no?

I'm no expert but definitely wouldn't say over 20.

ElPietro
07-10-2003, 01:27 PM
My shin can hit pretty damned hard, but I guess if you are 6'5" the best I can do is break your ankles!

We can test all this on rookiebldr when we all meet up anyway. :D

JustinF
07-10-2003, 06:58 PM
7/10/03

Training:

Squats
10*135 ATF, 10*225ATF, MISS*355 :mad:, 4*315 :mad:, 10*275, 16*225

Hammie Curls
15*90, 8.5*115, 8.5*115

Leg Extensions
15*135, 14.5*180, 8.5*205

MIlitary Press
12*180, 6*230, 7*230

Front&Lateral Raises
6*25's, 7*25's

Shrugs
12*405, 6*495, 18*315, 15*315

Diet:

Meal 1: .5 cup cottage cheese, 4 eggs (3 whites), multi-vite

Meal 2: 1 cup oats, .5 cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 3: 2 cans tuna,1 cup cottage cheese , 5 fish oil caps

Meal 4: .5 cup ww pasta, .5 cup mixed veggies, .25 cup chicken breast

Meal 5: Protein shake (5 scoops whey, .5 cup dextrose)

Meal 6: 12 scrambled eggs (5 whole, 7 whites), 3 tbsp natty PB

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3030
Fat: 96 861 29%
Sat: 35 315 11%
Poly: 8 71 2%
Mono: 15 138 5%
Carbs: 171 600 20%
Fiber: 22 0 0%
Protein: 367 1470 50%

Better today.

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

I got a tad over 3,000 cals today. I still don't feel comfortable eating that much whie I am on a cut, but I'm sure that's just psychcological as many knowlegable people here told me that's what I should be doing. I'm going to try to get to bed a little earlier tonight, we'll see how that goes. That is all.

JustinF
07-10-2003, 07:01 PM
My shin can hit pretty damned hard, but I guess if you are 6'5" the best I can do is break your ankles!
****LOL :D****

We can test all this on rookiebldr when we all meet up anyway. :D

Sounds like a plan ;)

pruneman
07-11-2003, 05:59 AM
7/10/03
I got a tad over 3,000 cals today. I still don't feel comfortable eating that much whie I am on a cut, but I'm sure that's just psychcological as many knowlegable people here told me that's what I should be doing. I'm going to try to get to bed a little earlier tonight, we'll see how that goes. That is all.

You're a pretty big guy as I recall. 3000 cals doesn't sound too high IMO. But i guess it depends if you're seeing results. So, on that note, how is the cut going....I've been meaning to ask.

BTW workouts are lookin solid as usual!

Mik
07-11-2003, 07:57 AM
Diet's looking great Justin! Those shrugs are damn strong.

WillKuenzel
07-11-2003, 08:21 AM
Those squats looked good even if you did miss that 355 attempt. I think if you adjusted your warmup sets a little bit that you could make that. Something along the lines of 135x10, 225x4, 275x2. From there try 355 and I bet you'll get it.

Diet looks great! Much better and those macros look awesome! Don't feel bad about eating that much. I'm cutting and I'm eating about that much. I think you'll see some great results! Keep up that diet and you'll be really surprised.

ElPietro
07-11-2003, 09:17 AM
Haha, I have become the uber-cutter. This week, I took 2 days instead of 1, to finish off a bag of jalepenos flavoured doritos! :evillaugh

You sir, are going down!

On a serious training note, I agree with Homey, your warmup to that weight is horrible. You are setting yourself up for an injury man. Although, I'd suggest something slightly different then he for a warmup strategy.

This is what I suggest:

135x10/225x6/295x1/355x1

Why I suggest this, is that the first set is to get blood pumping to your muscles and start to stretch things out, the 225 is to further warmup, and completely stretch out, I'd suggest trying to do the middle reps as fast as possible. Then the set of 295x1 is what you need to let your body and CNS know that heavy loads will be applied, and will work out any kinks that you didn't work on with the first two sets. You don't want this to be too far from your max attempt, but not too close either. You will not have any lasting fatigue because it's one rep and ATP shouldn't take long to refill prior to your max attempt. You should be stretched out, warmed up, have one heavy lift under your belt already, and then fully primed to make your big lift.

After that you can do some higher rep stuff if you want. Just not before or you'll be pre-fatiguing too much. Just my thoughts anyway. You could even build up with two singles, and do something like 275x1, then 315x1, and then go for your max attempt. Just give yourself some rest in between.

aka23
07-11-2003, 12:10 PM

Legs & shoulders sounds like an interesting combination. I also work my anterior delts on the same day that I do legs.

I would suggest eating as many calories as are needed to lose weight at your desired rate. This may be 2,500 or 3,500. Calorie formulas do not work well for a large portion of the population because of different activities and metabolisms. Good luck with the cut.

JustinF
07-14-2003, 09:13 AM
All in all I had a good weekend.

Friday night was a little fun. I got a call around 11PM at home, from work. First thought, ****, someone got hurt. It was the second shift supervisor calling. It seems that after unloading a trailer, one of the gys never pulled the dockplate, and parked on it. Truck pulls away, dock plate falls, forklift falls out of the dock door. Nobody was on it, so that was good. So I come in and survey the damage. The forklift is pretty bent up, but drivable. So I bring it back inside, take the keys, and go home. The guy from the forklift company will be here this morning to tell if it's fixable or a total loss. Glad we have insurance, this forklift was only 2 months old. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Saturday not much happening. Just relaxed, washed and waxed all me vehicles, had a few beers. Sunday, we celebrated my brothers b-day. He's 26. My calories were pretty low for the weekend, and I also had a piece of cake, and a few Pina Coladas. :redface: I didn't work out like I should have! :mad:

BUt I'm back at it tonight!

JustinF
07-14-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by pruneman

You're a pretty big guy as I recall. 3000 cals doesn't sound too high IMO. But i guess it depends if you're seeing results. So, on that note, how is the cut going....I've been meaning to ask.

BTW workouts are lookin solid as usual!

Cut is going decent, thanks for askin bro. I am finally getting serious about it now, since I have a friendly competition going on and I HATE losing. you're goin' down ElP!

JustinF
07-14-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Mik
Diet's looking great Justin! Those shrugs are damn strong.

Thanks bro. I'm trying with the diet. That's a BIG weak point of mine. My traps were def. sore after those shrugs.

Mik
07-14-2003, 09:17 AM
Sounds like a nice realxing weekend J. If it'll make you feel better, my diet was worse than yours this weekend. :angel:

JustinF
07-14-2003, 09:21 AM
HY and ElP- Thanks for the suggestions on the squats fellas. I'll definately give that a shot next time and see what happens. I think I didn't push myself hard enough anyway. I had no spotter, so I didn't try too long to push it back up. On that note, it sucks having to strip the weights off when you fail without a spotter. ElP- those jalepino doritos are dangerous huh? I love those things!

aka23- Thanks for the words bro. I'm gonna keep my cals at right about 3,000 and see what happens. I'll adjust from that.

JustinF
07-15-2003, 03:12 AM
7/14/03

Training:

Flat Bench
10*225, 6*255, 2*315+1Forced, 4*285+1 drop to 4*225+1 drop to 6*135+2

Incline Bench
5*225, 8.5*205, 10*165+1

Flyes
12*35's, 10*35's

Preacher Curls
15*135, 8*155+2, 9*155 drop tp 4*135 drop to 6*115

Hammer Curls
6*60's, 12*45's

Diet:

Meal 1: 1 cup oats, 4 eggs (2 whites), multi-vite

Meal 2: .5cup oats, 1 cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 4: 2 tbsp natty PB, 2 cups skim milk, 1 can tuna

Meal 6: 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup mixed veggies, 1 cup chicken breast (stir fry)

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2824
Fat: 64 580 22%
Sat: 20 177 7%
Poly: 8 72 3%
Mono: 14 128 5%
Carbs: 237 834 31%
Fiber: 29 0 0%
Protein: 316 1262 47%

Macros coulda been better.

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

Chest is pissing me off. It seems as though I'm making at least a little progress on all my other lifts except bench press. It's pissing me off. Bah. That is all. :D

Mik
07-15-2003, 06:58 AM
I know what you mean about bench not improving much. I'm in the same boat. However I wish I was in your boat and stuck at those weights. ;) Keep up the gook work Justin, it'll come.

pruneman
07-15-2003, 10:27 AM

WOW! that is one heck of a protein shake. Do you drink that all at once?

BTW workout's lookin good. About the chest problem, how long has it been since you've changed up your workout? I know that it helps to bust a plateau sometimes if you change up your routine. Good luck man!

JustinF
07-15-2003, 07:45 PM
7/15/03

Training:

3 minute warmup, 15 minutes HIIT on recumbant bike

2*20 crunches with 20lb weight
1*15, 1*12 oblique side crunches

Diet:

Meal 2: 1 cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 3: 1 cup brown rice, 1 large chicken breast, 1 nectarine, 5 fish oil caps

Meal 4: 2 tbsp natty PB, 4 cups skim milk, 2 cups Total cereal

Meal 5:

Meal 6: 27 pieces sushi, 1.5 cups egg drop soup

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2896
Fat: 48 435 16%
Sat: 13 120 4%
Poly: 7 61 2%
Mono: 11 99 4%
Carbs: 367 1384 50%
Protein: 238 952 34%

Talk about really ****ing up my diet! 50% Carbs, I should be shot. :mad: stupid asshole, that'll get you your goals!

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

HIIT session went good. I was sweating like a frickin pig. My eyes were stinging. I couldn't pedal any more, the lactic acid was tearing me up. That is all. I should go do another HIIT session to burn off these ****in 50% carbs. Bah.

JustinF
07-15-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Mik
I know what you mean about bench not improving much. I'm in the same boat. However I wish I was in your boat and stuck at those weights. ;) Keep up the gook work Justin, it'll come.

But you don't wanna be in my boat and stuck at my body weight. :D

JustinF
07-15-2003, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by pruneman

WOW! that is one heck of a protein shake. Do you drink that all at once?

BTW workout's lookin good. About the chest problem, how long has it been since you've changed up your workout? I know that it helps to bust a plateau sometimes if you change up your routine. Good luck man!

Yupper, I drink the shake all at once, in about 3 minutes. :D
I have thought about changing up the routine, maybe doing dumbell presses for a while, unfortunately my dumbell selection is severely lacking. (I work out at home)

Mik
07-15-2003, 08:33 PM
Don't worry about the carbs man. Just don't let it happen again and tomorrow is HIIT for an hour and a half! ;)

pruneman
07-16-2003, 09:00 AM
Looks like you need a little spam....can't let the journal slip to page 2.
That was a good looking HIIT/ab session. I think that I am going to start doing abs and cardio on the same day as well.

Frozenmoses
07-16-2003, 02:20 PM
Jeez, prune ain't kidding, that protein shake is massive. Does that fill your entire shaker up??

JustinF
07-16-2003, 09:11 PM
7/16/03

Training:

Squats
10*135, 5*225, 2*295, 0*355:mad:, 2*315, 10*275, 17*225

Hammie Curls
15*90, 8.5*135

Leg Xtensions
12*135, 12*205, 9*225

Calf Raises
20*360*2

Military Press
10*180, 6*230

Rear Delt Raises
12*25's, 10*25's

Seated Lateral Raises
10*15's, 8*25's

Seated Front Raises
10*25's*2

Shrugs
12*315*2

Diet:

Meal 2: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup oats, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 3: 1 cup brown rice, 1 large chicken breast, 1 nectarine, 5 fish oil caps

Meal 4: 3 tbsp natty PB, 1 cup skim milk, 1 can tuna

Meal 5: 5 scoops whey, 1/2 cup dextrose

Meal 6: 6oz extra lean ground beef, 1 cup toato sauce, .5 cup wheat pasta

Water: 1 gallon

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3299
Fat: 99 895 28%
Sat: 33 293 9%
Poly: 10 88 3%
Mono: 25 229 7%
Carbs: 245 867 27%
Fiber: 28 0 0%
Protein: 350 1401 44%

Better. Still not comfortable eating so much, I am going to drop to ~2500 and see what happens.

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

I am tired. That is all. :D Going to bed.

Mik
07-16-2003, 09:15 PM
230 on millies????? :eek: Holy phuck that's alot o' weight. Good job man.

JustinF
07-16-2003, 09:15 PM
Mik- HIIT for 1.5 hours, lol. I'd be keeled over before 20 minutes! :D

pruneman- Thanks for looking out for me and not letting me slip to page 2 bro!! I like the ab/cardio on the same day. I hate em both, get them done in one session. ;)

FroMo- Thanks for stopping by bro, feel free to comment anytime. Yeah, it does all fit into my shaker, I have to chew about the last 1/3 of it though. :D

Coke
07-17-2003, 08:12 AM
Nice session man, but I suggest it is time to step up on the delts, mainly the side and rear - even I can do more...:p

JustinF
07-17-2003, 08:17 AM
Nice session man, but I suggest it is time to step up on the delts, mainly the side and rear - even I can do more...:p

I can't. Everytime I go heavier on the lateral raises I pull some nerve in my neck. End up not being able to turn my head for like a week, I don't like when that happens. tuttut I don't know why, neither does my doc. I usually don't do them, but just felt a little rambunctious last night. :D

Coke
07-17-2003, 08:31 AM
My bad man, you know I faintly recall something about it, and there must be some way around it...have you tried one of those seated lateral machines? These work the same but are different than db's...
Anyways hope this works itself out! :)

JustinF
07-17-2003, 09:02 AM
Unfortunatley I'm limited on the excercises I can do. I work out in my basement, so I don't have access to all the machines in a gym. :(

Coke
07-17-2003, 09:10 AM
Thats cool-I guess you got to do what you got to do, right? And you do well Bro ;)

ericg
07-17-2003, 09:33 AM
Hey bro!

Nice session there, as usual. I love the new Av - cute looking boy you got man, must be proud!

Are you still using that "machine" to squat with? Or did you buy that rack a while back?

Frozenmoses
07-17-2003, 09:37 AM
Justin - Nice session, man! Really good leg strength, and your front delts must be beastly for militaries that heavy. What exactly does your home equipment consist of?

JustinF
07-17-2003, 10:00 AM
CoCoa- Thanks bro. I try. :D

eric- Good to see ya back bro. How's life treating ya? I do my excercises in the rack now, I have had it for a while now.

FroMo- My delts aren't as big as I would like. I have a few pics a couple pages back if you're interested. My dungeoun consists of the following:
Power Rack
870lbs of weights
10,15,25,35,45,60,100 LB dumbells
A "Powertech" machine
A recumbant bike
Incline/Decline bench with preacher curl attatchment
And a partridge in a pear tree. :D

JustinF
07-17-2003, 06:50 PM
7/17/03

Training:

Diet:

Meal 2: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 banana, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 3: 1/2 cup ww pasta, 4oz extra lean ground beef, 1 banana, 5 fish oil caps

Meal 4: 3 tbsp natty PB, 2 5oz cans chicken breast

Meal 5:

Meal 6: 12 scrambled eggs (7 whites, 5 whole), 4 pcs Kraft Fat Free singles

Water: >1 gallon

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2479
Fat: 98 884 37%
Sat: 29 261 11%
Poly: 10 91 4%
Mono: 29 257 11%
Carbs: 140 489 21%
Fiber: 18 0 0%
Protein: 251 1004 42%

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

I relly felt like I should have done something today, but I didn't. Took the day off from weights and cardio. I'll be ready to go tomorrow for back and tri's, then one more cardio session on the weekend. Maybe two. We'll see.

That is all for now. I think I'm gonna try to go to bed really early today.

cphafner
07-18-2003, 12:44 AM
Strong Military presses. Your gym sounds like you have a pretty sweet setup.

JustinF
07-18-2003, 03:58 PM
My wife is a nut!! Damn I love her. :D

Next week is our Vacation. We weren't doing anything special, just staying around the area, doing some day trips, etc. Well, I check the weather for next week, rain, thunderstorms all week. So I call her up to see if she wants to change her vacation to the following week, maybe we'll have better luck. We were going to be doing some hiking, biking, a lot of outdoors stuff, so the rain would put a big damper on that. Anyways, she says "Nah, why don't we drive to Florida?" Just like that. Now you gotta understand my wife is never just spur of the moment, BAM, let's do it. I love it. So I'm leaving early AM tomorrow for Orlando, FL. D:D:D Even gonna meet up with Herc while I'm down there.

Anyways, just thought I'd share. Maybe I can meet up with a couple NC peeps on my way home for a few hours if y'all aint busy... :D

JustinF
07-28-2003, 04:27 AM
Wow, gone a week and not one bump. I'm a popular guy! :D

Anyway, vacation was pretty good. Except for the part where I had to come home early due to a family emergency. Always works that way huh? Everything is ok, my lil nephew had an incident where he almost drowned, but he's ok now. Up and running around as usual. I went off on my entire family, but after realized that it was nothing irresponsible on their part. **Yeah, I felt like an ass**

Diet was ok, and I did nothing as far as working out. Oh well, just a bump to my journal. Got some catch up to do here at work, so I'll holla at y'all in a minute.

Coke
07-28-2003, 06:35 AM
Glad you are back - was hoping you would be back this week. Some of my favs were gone such as yourself, Mik, Workhorse, etc... ;)

Sorry to hear that situation took place but it is good you got away and took a break...

JustinF
07-28-2003, 08:40 PM
7/28/03

Training:

Flat Bench
12*185, 6*265+1F+1NEG, 7*245+1F+1NEG, 9*225+1F

Incline Bench
6*225, 9*205, 19*135

Flyes
15*35's, 12*35's

Preacher Curls
15*135, 8.5*155, 12*115 (1.5 reppers)

Diet:

Meal 1: 2 packets cream of wheat, 4 eggs (2 whites), multi-vite

Meal 2: 1 cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 4: 2 tbsp natty PB, 1.5 cups skim milk, 1 can chicken breast

Meal 6: .5 cup brown rice, 1 cup mixed veggies, 1 cup lean beef(stir fry)

Water: not enough

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2571
Fat: 70 631 25%
Sat: 21 193 8%
Poly: 7 65 3%
Mono: 17 152 6%
Carbs: 181 664 27%
Fiber: 15 0 0%
Protein: 297 1187 48%

Not bad.

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

Decent session today. Cardio tomorrow, not looking forward to it. Have I mentioned lately that I hate cardio?

I am jonesin to play football. I miss it so damn bad, but I know my choice is the right one. The first game was this past Saturday, they barely sqeeked by with the win, 6-0. Anyways, 'tis all for now.

JustinF
07-28-2003, 08:42 PM
Glad you are back - was hoping you would be back this week. Some of my favs were gone such as yourself, Mik, Workhorse, etc... ;)

Sorry to hear that situation took place but it is good you got away and took a break...

Thanks for checking in lil bro. It's all good, my little nephew is ok. It was just a frightening situation, I dread phone calls like that. I did have an entire week off of work though, and that was relaxing in itself.

Workhorse
07-29-2003, 08:53 AM
Hey JF... good to see you here... :hello: Great job!

pruneman
07-29-2003, 10:24 AM
looks like a good chest/bi day to me! Diet also looks solid man. Keep up the hard work man.

Coke
07-29-2003, 11:21 AM
Nice workout session bro... :)

You sure are living the charmned life now days. I see you are heading to Toronto - you just got back from Florida. It must be nice but I know you deserve this... ;)

I know you like to hit dudes while playing ball - I thought you'd miss it if you did not play this season. I bet there are a few on the opposite sides that are glad they don't have you to contend with - :D

JustinF
07-30-2003, 05:56 AM
Well, I felt like **** yesterday. I only got like 2.5 hours of sleep. I don't know what happened, all of a sudden my nose was stuffed, sinuses were aching, coughing, etc. Any time I layed down I couldn't breath. So after work yesterday, I took some Nightime decongestant and hit tha sack. I'm not going to bother posting my diet 'cuz it was far too little calories, and even those weren't very good calories. I did get in a cup of cottage cheese. :D...barely.

I do feel better this morning, so I will hit the cardio and abs tonight.

To my suprise, when I woke up this morning I had a message on my cell phone. It was Frannie!! To use her words, I was chuffed. So Frannie, if you read this today, I will be calling you a little bit later in the day. Probably after 10:00. :D:D:D

Looking forward to the meet in Toronto this weekend. That is all.

JustinF
07-30-2003, 05:59 AM
WH- Good to see you back bro. Sounds like everything is going great for ya!!

pruneman- Thanks for stopping by bro. Appreciate the comments.

CoCoa- Thanks bro. I am living a pretty charmed life right now actually. It just seems like everything is falling into place for me. Ever since my whole "attitude adjustment" I've been loving life.