Meal 3:

Meal 4:

Meal 5:

Meal 6:

Water: not enough

Calories Eaten Today

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

The cut I think is going ok. I haven't lost any weight, but I think see that I am getting a little leaner. I am starting to see a little of my hip bones, and if I look really hard :D I can see an ab outline. (So I have to flatten out my stomach and pull the skin down) :p

I think my arms look a little more cut too, tri's are coming out a little more. I haven't measured them, but I *feel* like they are a bit smaller. I guess I'm going to take some measurments a little later to see if I am imagining all of this. Anyways, that's all for now. I'm leaving tomorrow at noon for Toronto! Wohooo.

JustinF
08-03-2003, 12:16 PM
Well, I had a great weekend, aside from the 17 or so hours in the car. My diet consisted of beer, scotch, whiskey, pizza, McDonalds, and an "Oh so wonderful" salad. Not much to say 'cept had a great time.

Time to get back on track with the cut. ElP already kow he's going down, but I'll get serious anyways. :D:D

ElPietro
08-03-2003, 12:41 PM
Whatever punk! Somehow, I am a couple pounds down after this weekend! :p

Maybe I should just keep eating pizza and tacos, and use beer as my primary beverage more often. :D

I will drink to my new t-shirt coming in the mail next month! :alcoholic

JustinF
08-04-2003, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by ElPietro
Whatever punk! Somehow, I am a couple pounds down after this weekend! :p

Maybe I should just keep eating pizza and tacos, and use beer as my primary beverage more often. :D

I will drink to my new t-shirt coming in the mail next month! :alcoholic

:D Oddly enough, I'm also down 5 pounds. I guess I'll contribute it to lack of food (quantity). Although, it seems we may have stumbled upon the new fad cutting diet. Maybe we should write a book and get rich!

Coke
08-04-2003, 05:33 AM
lol, I think you guys are on to something...:D - you would make a fortune with this idea - ;)

WillKuenzel
08-04-2003, 08:57 AM
I heard that there aren't too many gas station open late at night up that way. ;)

I also heard you did a lot of driving but sounds like it was worth it. :D

JustinF
08-04-2003, 09:04 AM
LOL, the gas station thing was a little frightening. I was driving for like 15 minutes with the gas needle ALL the way down, it was bellow the red. :redface: It did wake Frannie up though. :D

It was a lot of driving, but yes, well worth it IMO. Everyone I met was great. And Frannie, what can I say. She was all I expected and more. I'm a better person for meeting her, we had some great chats. She is an :angel: as I already told her. She's helped me out in so many ways, and it was hard to say goodbye.

JustinF
08-04-2003, 06:19 PM
8/4/03

Training:

Military Bench
10*115, 8*165, 6*185
**first time doing these in the rack and not on the machine. Weights went down obviously, had a little balancing issue, but they'll go back up soon enough

Lateral, Front, Rear Delt Raises
Lateral 3*10*25's Front 10*25, 9*35 Rear 10*25's, 12*25's

Preacher Curls
18*15, 15*135, 7*155
**went down too far on the last rep and lost it, couldn't bring back up but had more in me

Hammer Curls
9*60's, 8*60's

Dips
+45*15, +70*7, +70*6dropto+45*5droptoBW*4

Skulls SS CG bench
115*8(15CG), 115*10(14CG)

Diet:

Meal 1: skipped (busy playing catch up t work)

Meal 2: 1 cup cottage cheese, 5 fish oil caps,

Meal 3: .5 cup pasta, 1 large chicken breast, tangerine

Meal 4: 1 tbsp natty PB, 1 cup skim milk, 1 can tuna

Meal 5: Protein shake (5 scoops whey, .5 cup dextrose)

Meal 6: a grilled chicken salad with Ken's Lite Ceasar dressing, .5 cup cottage cheese

Water: not enough

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1886
Fat: 36 320 17%
Sat: 13 116 6%
Poly: 3 31 2%
Mono: 6 51 3%
Carbs: 81 308 17%
Fiber: 4 0 0%
Protein: 301 1202 66%

Happy with the macro's but damn, I didn't think my calories were that low!

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

JustinF
08-05-2003, 03:25 AM
Forgot to mention I ripped open my thumb last night and bled all over the floor and my rack. You know when you stand up with the dip belt on and the weight pulls the chain tight, well my dumb ass never moved my hand from behind the chain, lol. It was rather amuzing actually, doing dips while my thumb was spraying. :D

Coke
08-05-2003, 05:17 AM
I knew you was hard core bro, but damn - :D ouch.:p

JustinF
08-05-2003, 06:43 AM
I have decided to go back to my 4 day split. I enjoy the sessions much more than the 3 day. I had originally changed it due to football practice, but since that is done, I am changing back. I feel that beacuse my sessions are shorter I can be more intense. I can still get 2-3 days of cardio in too, most likely two. :D

Day1- Chest
Day2- Back
Day3- Cardio
Day4- Legs
Day5- Arms and Shoulders
Day6- Cardio/Rest
Day7- Cardio/Rest

Relentless
08-05-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by JustinF
I have decided to go back to my 4 day split. I enjoy the sessions much more than the 3 day. I had originally changed it due to football practice, but since that is done, I am changing back. I feel that beacuse my sessions are shorter I can be more intense. I can still get 2-3 days of cardio in too, most likely two. :D

Day1- Chest
Day2- Back
Day3- Cardio
Day4- Legs
Day5- Arms and Shoulders
Day6- Cardio/Rest
Day7- Cardio/Rest

Heya J!

Thought I'd check in now that I've offcially met ya and all... and I'm rooting for you in the cutting contest... Pietro isn't even serious about it yet so you have the chance to get ahead of him with some focus and drive. My biggest mistake was starting cardio too late; I should have been doing it much earlier.

I think the new split is pretty good, and the cardio is a good thing (tm) but where are you going to fit in deads? :) I find them too much to add to leg day, and back day doesn't make sense. Myself, I had them on traps/shoulders day, and did tris with chest and bis with back but that may not work for everyone.

If you can work at being 100% on diet, and even if you don't go keto-style, dropping as many carbs as you can will help, I think. Caffiene and Ephedra didn't hurt either. ;)

Cheers,
Cal

JustinF
08-05-2003, 07:42 AM
Hey Cal- I have always done deadlifts on back day. Is there a particular reason you think it doesn't make sense?

I am definately on track with the diet, although cals were kinda low, but I was happy with the macros. I could've used more fat though. I plan to not miss a session, cardio or weights again. That shirt will be mine, you mark my words ElP!! :D:D

Relentless
08-05-2003, 07:56 AM
Hey Cal- I have always done deadlifts on back day. Is there a particular reason you think it doesn't make sense?

I am definately on track with the diet, although cals were kinda low, but I was happy with the macros. I could've used more fat though. I plan to not miss a session, cardio or weights again. That shirt will be mine, you mark my words ElP!! :D:D

Well, deadlifts on back day tends to mean that either your lats your your deadlifts will suffer a bit... I mean, deads are mostly a glute exercise anyway, and the low back for lockout, but I found (after much harsh experience) that I needed to do deads first in a workout, and if I did that, it usually took the piss out of me and then my pullups, rows, etc. all suffered

And as far as fitting on other days... trying to do it on leg day was just awful, as between heavy squats and leg presses, my legs were already thrashed.

Anyway, t'was just a suggestion.

Mik
08-05-2003, 09:17 AM
Looks like you've had some good workouts Justin. Wish I could say the same. Sounds like TO was a blast, I wish I could've made the trip. Good luck with the contest.

Wikked1
08-05-2003, 10:12 AM
DAMN you are a big fella ain't ya' ? I mean I expect it when someone describes you as "fookin HYOOGE" .....thanks for the tip and the stop in the journal....figured I would drop in and ....hey anyone that would drive like a mad man on the hopes of meeting some fellow wbb's has got to be a real cool dude! :D

Bruteman
08-05-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Wikked1
DAMN you are a big fella ain't ya' ?

:withstupi

Had to check you out since you were so kind as to pop in on my journal. You are one big strong dude! Stay away from the ring please :) . I saw somewhere in here how you were talking about you can't do heavy weights on lateral raises. Don't sweat it, with arms as long as yours that 25 is equal to me doing 40's. See ya around the boards! Oh yeah, the w/o looked good to for a little puss like yourself :hide:

Coke
08-05-2003, 10:49 AM

I hear you Brute - I am the one who 'needs' to do laterals, he is already big and wide enough - ;)

JustinF
08-06-2003, 03:39 AM
8/5/03

Training:

3 minute warmup, 12 minutes HIIT, 3 minute cooldown (bike)

**Wow, kicked my ass. I was sweating like a pig on a spit. I was intending on 15 minutes of HIIT, but couldn't possibly muster any more. Not only was my heart racing, but my ass cheecks were on fire.

3sets of 50 crunches
**need to add some variety and weighted exercises. I was too damn lazy to do it this session. I had good intentions.

Diet:

Meal 1: 1 cup oatmeal, 4 boiled eggs (2 white, 2 whole), multi vite

Meal 2: 1 cup cottage cheese

Meal 3: .5 cup pasta, 1 large chicken breast, tangerine

Meal 4: b tbsp natty PB, 1 cup skim milk, 1 can chicken

Meal 5:

Meal 6: 27 pieces sushi (9 tuna, 9 shrimp, 9 salmon)

Water: better but still not there

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2487
Fat: 51 457 19%
Sat: 13 119 5%
Poly: 7 64 3%
Mono: 12 109 5%
Carbs: 287 1083 46%
Fiber: 16 0 0%
Protein: 208 832 35%

Not too sure I agree with fitday's assesment of the sushi. It said in 27 pieces I consumed 197g of carbohydrates. That sounds radically high to me.

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

I've had a lot on my mind lately, but despite that I am very centered and at ease. I think I just have some internal issues to work out in my head, but that clarification will come soon enough. It's not like before though where I would get stressed out and pissed, so it's all good. I'm gonne shut my mouth now before I say more than I want to. :p :p

JustinF
08-06-2003, 03:44 AM
Mik- Thanks and welcome back bro. It woulda been cool to meet you, the trip was a blast. Had a ton of fun. Maybe next time you can make it.

Wikked- Welcome to my journal. Your opinions are always welcome.

Bruteman- Welcome to you as well. Two new peeps in a day, wow! I never get new visiters. Must be a special day. LIttle puss huh? Where do ya live again? ;)

CoCoa- Not nearly as big and wide as I wanna be! ;) But thanks.

Have a blessed day y'all.

JustinF
08-06-2003, 04:16 AM
Wohoo!!! LOL. My first time on the top 10 list. :clap:

I bet it don't last too long though.

Mik
08-06-2003, 06:34 AM
Wohoo!!! LOL. My first time on the top 10 list. :clap:

I bet it don't last too long though.

Ya post whore! lol :D

JustinF
08-06-2003, 07:01 AM
LOL, My reign is already over.

WillKuenzel
08-06-2003, 07:33 AM
I was trying not to be a post whore and was still on there. I given up. I'll post away. You people have learned to ignore me most the time anyway. :p

And I doubt that fitday is too far off on the sushi. The rice that its wrapped in could probably be enough to equal that. 27 pieces is a good amount. Glad to see your calories are a bit higher. I was wondering about somebody of your size eating under 2000. Unless someone else picks up the pace, looks like you'll be getting a new shirt sometime soon. ;)

Wikked1
08-06-2003, 07:33 AM
8/5/03

Training:

Oh man LMFAO!what more needs to be said?

Daily Ramblings:

I feel your pain mang,CARDIO SUCKS,no two ways about it......but if you hang tough with it for a month or so you will become addicted to the results.

Relentless
08-06-2003, 09:25 AM
forget sushi

eat sashimi

all the fish, none of the carbs. ;)

ElPietro
08-06-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by Callahan
and I'm rooting for you in the cutting contest...

Yeah, yeah, yeah...keep rooting against me fitness boy, I know I am always the guy ppl wanna see lose, so I'm just going to have to find a way to disappoint you again! :cool:

You mofos are going to force me into going back to thai boxing aren't you!

The only problem I see is that I probably can't lose more that 10lbs in the time now allotted, so considering I have to lose probably close to 5lbs to get back to where I was, that only leaves me with a potential 5 lb benefit at best. But I guess it's all about how the improvement looks versus the actual numbers.

*starts practicing photoshop skillz* :p

ElPietro
08-06-2003, 09:37 AM
Oh and I recommend Beef sashimi, but then I hate fish so go figure. A good compliment to that would be beer, pizza and doritos, so don't forget to dip into this all important food grouping. :)

aka23
08-06-2003, 09:40 AM
Not too sure I agree with fitday's assesment of the sushi. It said in 27 pieces I consumed 197g of carbohydrates. That sounds radically high to me.

It depends on the type and size. It might be accurate, or it might be too high. Fitday.com probably does not have very detailed listings. You can find some more detailed nutritional information about sushi at http://www.afcsushi.com/pages/nutrition.html

JustinF
08-06-2003, 09:41 AM

I am always the guy ppl wanna see lose, so I'm just going to have to find a way to disappoint you again!

:whiner:

;)

Maybe we should extend it for a month since we both procrastinated so long. :D

JustinF
08-06-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by aka23

It depends on the type and size. It might be accurate, or it might be too high. Fitday.com probably does not have very detailed listings. You can find some more detailed nutritional information about sushi at http://www.afcsushi.com/pages/nutrition.html

Thanks for that link aka. I'll have to check that out.

JustinF
08-06-2003, 09:42 AM
Cal, I'm liking the sahimi idea. I don't really care for the rice anyways. Bring on the fish!

Mik
08-06-2003, 09:44 AM
A good compliment to that would be beer, pizza and doritos, so don't forget to dip into this all important food grouping. :)

:drooling:

ElPietro
08-06-2003, 09:53 AM

:whiner:

;)

Maybe we should extend it for a month since we both procrastinated so long. :D

I'm game if you are. Let me know. ;)

I will probably still procrastinate, but it's hard to get a lot done in just one month, but I don't know where you are from where you've been, so if you've made good progress, don't extend to help me out, but I just don't want us posting pics and there's like 2lbs difference and people are like, wtf.

JustinF
08-06-2003, 09:59 AM

I'm game if you are. Let me know. ;)

I will probably still procrastinate, but it's hard to get a lot done in just one month, but I don't know where you are from where you've been, so if you've made good progress, don't extend to help me out, but I just don't want us posting pics and there's like 2lbs difference and people are like, wtf.

Sounds good to me. I'm just the same as I was when I posted the pics, if not a little worse after Florida and Toronto. I believe that date was 9/7, first Sunday of September. How's 10/5 sound, first Sunday of October?

pruneman
08-06-2003, 10:45 AM
Isn't this also procrastination?

:D

JustinF
08-06-2003, 10:47 AM
lol,, I guess you could say that. Although, since Monday (:D) I have been on point.

Bruteman
08-06-2003, 11:46 AM
Justin and Elp make me happy! Now I know I'm not the only procastiholic around here :p .

ElPietro
08-06-2003, 11:49 AM
Ok, Oct. 5th sounds good too. Yes it's procrastination, and it seems like I can force that on you as well as Jalepeno Cheddar Doritos. :D

My builder has 3 more days to give me more bad news about house delays, otherwise my closing date is Oct. 8th. So if I'm not delayed I'll probably lose at least 5 lbs from stress and anxiety, and just running around packing sh!t, so this works for me. :) Of course, I fully expect to get delayed again, since I'm sure nothings been done in almost a month to my place. :mad:

JustinF
08-06-2003, 08:26 PM
8/5/03

Training:

Deadlift
10*225, 6*315, 6*405, 5*405

Pull Downs
10*180, 6*220, 5*220

BB Rows
10*185, 10*225, 4.5*265

DB Rows
10*100's, 12*100's

forgot to do pullups dammit

Diet:

Meal 1: 1 cup oatmeal, 4 boiled eggs (2 white, 2 whole), multi vite

Meal 3: .5 brown rice, 1 large chicken breast, banana

Meal 4: skipped (home late from work, partner already here to lift)

Meal 5: 5 scoops whey, 60g dextrose

Meal 6: 1 large Subway Sub. (turkey, extra turkey, all veggies, sweet onion sauce on wheat)

Water: good, a little over a gallon.

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2248
Fat: 43 385 18%
Sat: 15 133 6%
Poly: 4 40 2%
Mono: 8 73 3%
Carbs: 214 786 36%
Fiber: 17 0 0%
Protein: 248 992 46%

Too many carbs.

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

I am happy.

That is all.

pruneman
08-06-2003, 09:08 PM
hey man the diet's lookin right on.

I too perfer short intense workouts...feel more pumped up and focused.

Coke
08-07-2003, 05:46 AM
Very, very nice session bro - :thumbup:

Bruteman
08-07-2003, 07:26 AM
Nice workout my man! It's awesome that you do pullups!(even though you missed them this time tuttut ) I see guys half your size that dont have the balls to do them and they aint got barely any ass to pull up!

Wikked1
08-07-2003, 07:37 AM
Holy Shntz....you are on a cut aren't you? I'm figuring a big HYOOGE guy like you needs 4000 for maintenance alone...unless I am misinformed about your stats....or just plain lost.....still a nice workout and monster weights on the BB rows! Can you say "MOMMA"? (this is what I'd be crying attempting 265) NICE :)

JustinF
08-07-2003, 05:55 PM
8/7/03

Training:

Squats
12*135, 8*225, 1*335, 4*315, 17*225

Calf Raises
25*365, 17*500, 20*450dropto17*360dropto12*270

Hammie Curls
20*70, 10*110, 8*125, 12*100

Extensions
15*135, 12*200, 12*180

Diet:

Meal 1: 1 cup oatmeal, 3boiled eggs ( 3 whole), multi vite

Meal 3: .5 brown rice, 1 medium chicken breast, nectarine

Meal 4: 2 cans tuna, 1 glass skim mikl

Meal 6: 12 scrambled eggs (7 whites, 5 whole) 4 slices fat free cheese

Water: good, a little over a gallon.

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2905
Fat: 70 627 22%
Sat: 24 212 8%
Poly: 10 92 3%
Mono: 22 195 7%
Carbs: 168 625 22%
Fiber: 12 0 0%
Protein: 388 1554 55%

Happy with diet today

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

Felt ok about todays session even though my squat sucks ass. :D Going to try to get to bed early tonight, we'll see how that goes. That's all she wrote for now.

JustinF
08-07-2003, 06:14 PM
pruneman- Thanks for checking in bro. I'm trying with the diet. Gettin there.

Cocoa- As always, thanks for the continued support. :thumbup:

Bruteman- I try to do pullups. I can usually only muster about 4 or 5 unassisted ones, but practice makes perfect I guess. Plus if I drop the pounds like I'm planning they'll get easier!

Wikked- Yeah, you have my stats right. I think I have a VERY low metabolism though, as it's extremely hard for me to drop the pounds. If I find myself losing more than 1.5-2 pounds a week I'll up my cals.

Mik
08-07-2003, 06:29 PM
Nice couple of sessions J. Diet is looking pretty solid as well. Don't worry about the squats they'll come. That's the nice thing about being short, not as far to travel on squats. ;)

Wikked1
08-08-2003, 11:32 AM
Yeah I hear you on that ....glad it's Friday here too......what's the problem with the squats dude? I seem some decent numbers in there! Sheesh 17 @ 225......that's nothing to sneeze at!
Jeez I just noticed you're out of Mass DUH! what was I thinking? I was just there yesterday (Springfield)....I'm in Vt south west corner 10 minutes south I'm in Mass/10 minutes West I'm in NY.

Coke
08-08-2003, 11:39 AM
Leg session is good bro - don't be so hard on yourself, it looks fine! - :)

ElPietro
08-08-2003, 11:44 AM
Maybe you aren't as strong on squats as you'd like to be because you do 17 rep sets!

JustinF
08-08-2003, 11:48 AM
That was just on the last set cuz I was pissed at myself. It seems like with an "ok" weight I can rep them out, but as soon as I get a little heavy, nothing. I think that I may have ****ed myself up cuz I did back the day before and my lower back was still sore.

Mik
08-08-2003, 12:25 PM
Anytime I do legs too close to a back day I feel the same way. I find as long I have at least one day in between I'm OK. Not that your weights and reps are anything to be pi$$ed about. And if anybody says anything different give them that don't **** with me look.;)

JustinF
08-09-2003, 07:56 PM
8/8
OFF

Well, I took the day off from cardio and weights, I needed a rest. My diet was pretty much crap as well, as I was SOOOOO busy at work today I didn't even have time to eat. I managed to scarf down 2 boiled eggs, my rice and chicken, and that was it. Didn't get out of work until damn near 7:00PM, that was after coming in at 4:30AM. It's ok though, I don't make it a habbit of doing that anymore, and it was a special circumstance since all but 1 of my guys were out. I did manage to have an AIM chat with a wonderful woman. ;)
8/9
Today, I had intentions of doing cardio, but nope. Didn't do it. I went over to my brothers new place and helped him set up some stuff and hang pictures, mirrors, etc. Good bonding time, we haven't hung out for ages really. I went to the Outback tonight and had a really scrumptious steak. The Melbourne cooked rare. YUMMMMMY!!! :D:D

It is amazing how much one instance in your life can change you, and your whole perception. I am truly a better man today than I was 8 days ago. I walk around with a smile on my face, people have even asked me what is up with me!! It's a great thing to live life for all that is has to offer. Take all your experiences and treasure the people, live life to it's fullest.

Coke
08-10-2003, 07:29 AM
I don't think it is a good idea to take life for granted either, it is too short - and you are lucky to spend quality time with your bro! ...I love the Outback man, they make some goood, goood food - :)

JustinF
08-11-2003, 07:54 AM
CoCoa- the Outback indeed has some good food. That bread is deadly too.

I was happy to spend some quality time with my bro. We seem to have grown apart here lately and I'm gonne see about fixing that situation. Life's too short.

Mik
08-11-2003, 07:59 AM
Sounds like you had a good time with your bro Justin. Good idea about trying to get close again. My bro and I grew apart for a long time We never had a fight or anything just drifted apart and didn't make the effort to speak for a bout 5 years. Two years ago we stated getting close again and I never realized how much I missed that until I had it back. Good luck.

JustinF
08-11-2003, 08:05 AM
Yeah, pretty much the same situation. We didn't have a fight or anything, our lives just went two seperate ways. When my little nephew came into the world, that was kinda the thing that brought us closer, now I'm looking to be good friends like we used to be. Our priorities/values, etc are more the same now, so it's much easier.

Wikked1
08-11-2003, 08:55 AM
Yeah I hear you both on that one....there's some years between my bro and me but no matter what....I'd be anywhere he needed me in a second....that's what brothers are all about. NO CARDIO? Justin dude trust me on this...you hang with it dude....pull it out for 1 month and do it like religion you will see results I swear it works....WEEKEND diets? Hard to stay right on track 100% of the time.......consider it a carb load or a refeed!

JustinF
08-11-2003, 09:26 AM
I KNOW about the cardio bro. I don't know what my problem is with that. I KNOW I need to do it, and if I stick with it I will see results, but I just can't get motivated for cardio like I do for weights. I'll be back on track this week. :D I always manage to get my 1 day during the week in, it's the g'dam weekends that kill me!!

WillKuenzel
08-11-2003, 01:57 PM
The weekends tend to be my do-what-I-forgot-to-do-or-didn't-have-time-to-do days. Maybe even some active recovery of going in and doing light weights of some kind. Maybe even a quick round or 2 of circuit training to make it a bit easier than doing just running or something.

If you are hard pressed to find something to do, you might want to look into a form of martial arts. Its fun and you work up a sweat while doing it. Something else to at least thing about. :)

JustinF
08-11-2003, 02:04 PM
I'm a bit uncoordinated, always have been. Damn big body. I think I would be terrible at martial arts, though I'd love to learn one. Any suggestions of one that's not very technical?

WillKuenzel
08-11-2003, 02:14 PM
I love muay thai. There are some big guys in there and its not all about being fluid and stuff. Its about learning how to hurt. Well, there's a bit more to it than that but ElP could help you out a bit more with it since he's been taking it for a good while longer than I have.

carolinagirl
08-11-2003, 05:00 PM
Oooooh! Yay muy thai! That's the one I'm gonna take too, as soon as I get some money.

(Hi, Justin!)

ElPietro
08-11-2003, 08:09 PM
You could keep it really simple and just box. Thai boxing is just like boxing as far as training goes. All the same principles and foundation, it's just that you can elbow, kick and knee as well. :)

One thing though, it's really hard on big guys. There aren't many big thai boxers and it can wreak havoc on your joints. Boxing may be a better option, or you could try grappling instead.

Bruteman
08-11-2003, 08:27 PM
You guys are killing me! First Kenn and his fast little hands is talking about fighting, now you and your long ass arms is thinking about it! Time to find a new hobby. :p

You should give Thai or regular boxing a try. They are a great cardio workout, plus its a lot more fun than running, biking, stairmaster, etc...Just don't be entering any comps pleeeeeease!

JustinF
08-12-2003, 03:01 AM
8/11/03

Training:

Flat Bench
15*185, 6*245, 6*275+1NEG, 6*255+1NEG, 13*185

Incline Bench
10*185, 6.5*225, 9*195

Flyes
15*35's, 12*45's, 7*60's, 10*45's

Short, sweet, and to the point

Diet:

Meal 1: 1 cup oatmeal, 4 boiled eggs ( 2 whole, 2 whites), multi vite

Meal 3: 2 cans tuna, nectarine

Meal 4: 1 can chicken, 2 tbsp natty pb,

Meal 6: 1.5 cups beef strips, 1 cup mixed veggies, .5 cup brown rice, stir fried in olive oil, sesame oil, and teriaki sauce. MMMMMM

Water: ~1.5 gallons

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2596
Fat: 72 649 26%
Sat: 23 211 8%
Poly: 6 57 2%
Mono: 18 158 6%
Carbs: 119 415 17%
Fiber: 15 0 0%
Protein: 358 1433 57%

Happy with diet today.

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

Life is great. 'Tis all for now.

JustinF
08-12-2003, 03:10 AM
Homey- I checked into the Muay Tai thing, there isn't that discipline anywhere near me, closest is Boston, so that's out. They do have others like Shaolin Kung Fu, and a few more, I think I may look into something else, or just plain boxing like ElP suggested.

CarolinaGirl- Welcome to my journal! :D Stop by anytime.

ElP- The Muay Tai is out anyways cuz theres not a class around me, I'll look into something though. I think it'll be fun.

Bruteman- LOL. DOn't worry I doubt I'll compete in whatever I do.

Off topic- does anybody know what the name of that big dude that fights is? I saw a thing on ESPN real quick. Black guy, like 6'5 or 6'6 and 390 Guy wasn't fat either. What a presence he is, damn, how'd you like to get hit by those hamhocks. That's over 100 pounds on my frame. Geez!!

Wikked1
08-12-2003, 06:44 AM
Nice session Justin,Inlince looks real good as well as those 60's on the flyes! 6'-6" 390 boxer? nope LMFAO who the hell would WANT to be in a small ring with that dude!? Not even with an equalizer! Is the Boxing an approach to sneaking in cardio? :D

Bruteman
08-12-2003, 07:16 AM
I think his name is Bob Sapp. He fought "The Fridge" Perry a few years ago in Toughman. He started fighting in K-1 fights recently. He even made a big and fat Fridge look small! Scary huh!

Nice w/o. It's normal to feel weak once in a while when dieting, dont sweat it!

Mik
08-12-2003, 07:23 AM
Nice chest day Justin. I like the short, sweet and to the point approach. Don't sweat it about feeling week. We all have those days. You'll be back there next time bro.

I think boxing would be better cardio for the other guy. I know if I was in the ring with you I'd run my ass off to get away from ya! :D

JustinF
08-12-2003, 07:41 AM
Wikked- Yeah, just trying to shake things up a bit. I think half the reason I hate doing cardio is because it's so damn boring. I figure if I'm actually learning a discipline I'd be more likely to stick with it.

Brute- Thanks for the comments bro.. Yeah, that's the guy. He's a frickin beast, but he is beatable. I think he lost not to long ago to a guy much smaller via an armbar.

Mik- Thanks bro. I know we all have those days, it's always easy to say you'll get it next time to the other guy, but as you know, we are our own worst critics. lol@ cardio for the other guy. I'd have to chase him so it might be good for me too. :D

JustinF
08-12-2003, 06:34 PM
8/12/03

Training:

Deadlift
10*225, 5*315, 1.5*455:mad:, 2*405, 8*315
**I was stuck at about half way up for about 5-6 seconds and couldn't lock it out. I think this took a lot out of me as I only got 2 on the 405.

Pull Ups, shoulder width, neutral grip:mad:
BW*5+2NEG, BW*3+2NEG, BW*2+2NEG

BB Rows
8*225, 4.5*265, 6.5*245

Pull Downs (in front of face)
10*180, 5.5*220, 5*220+3NEG

DB Rows
12*100's, 10*100's

Diet:

Meal 3: 1 cup brown rice, 1 medium chicken breast, 1 banana

Meal 4: 1 can chicken, 2 tbsp natty pb, 1 cup skim milk

Meal 6: .5 cup wheat spaghetti, 1 cup spaghetti sauce, 8oz extra lean ground beef

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3158
Fat: 105 946 31%
Sat: 34 302 10%
Poly: 8 76 2%
Mono: 35 313 10%
Carbs: 188 673 22%
Fiber: 20 0 0%
Protein: 357 1429 47%

Not bad I guess.

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:
Another crazy day at work today, I have to be in @ 4AM tomorrow, so I'm going to bed soon. Well, I don't have to be in but I like to make it a point of when I ask my guys to come in for overtime that I set an example. I always tell them that I wouldn't expect them to do anything that I wouldn't do myself, so it's all good. I can see that they like it. The old boss used to never work any more than 40 hours I guess, and even 40 was pushing it, probably why it was so screwed up when I took over. Anyways...

My session was ok tonight. I am still feeling pretty weak. I am wondering if it is the carb depletion. It's not like I'm lathargic throughout the day though, maybe it's lack of sleep too. I dunno, any suggestions? It just feels like after about my first set I feel totally run down. I still keep up the intensity, but I'm tired very easy. Maybe while cutting I should try to up the reps and lower the weight a bit, instead of what I'm doing now? I don't know. I'm open to all suggestions.

'Tis all for now. I'll catch up with y'alls journals in the AM.

aka23
08-12-2003, 08:41 PM
Both carb depletion and lack of sleep can cause the lethargic feeling you describe. The is especially true if not enough carbs are taken pre workout.

I think coming in when you ask your employees to work overtime is a great idea. I am an engineer, and for the most overtime is voluntary. The manager who inspired my group to work the hardest and the most hours did so by setting an example. He put in extra hours when he asked our group to put in extra hours, even if he did not have extra work for himself. He tried to work more hours than anyone in our group. When I was a first year employee, I used to put in a lot of extra hours on weekends. My manager and I were often the only people around on weekend mornings. In many cases, he and I would work together debugging code on these weekends, even though management typically handled other issues.

rookiebldr
08-12-2003, 08:54 PM
You're the boss, stop going in for 4am and get some sleep. That should keep your intensity up longer. Sleep is good. ;) I wish I'd listen to my own advice.

JustinF
08-13-2003, 02:44 AM
Thanks for the replies fellas. I'll try to get more sleep, I managed 6 hours last night so that's pretty good.

aka- You know what that is pretty obvious and I never even thought about it. I don't take enough carbs pre-workout, that's a fact. Thanks for the tip, that should help my energy levels.

Wikked1
08-13-2003, 06:45 AM
Dude I think you going in at 4:00 AM may seem insane to most but you are leading by example that's admirable.....there is a certain respect your employees will give you that others who don't work OT will never get and you may not even notice the difference but it sounds to me like you worked your way UP so you have a good idea of HOW things SHOULD be done. The hours suck for sure....but I think the payback to you MAY be worth it.
NICE DEADS Dude......that's some serious poundage!

cphafner
08-13-2003, 02:41 PM
[i]My session was ok tonight. I am still feeling pretty weak. I am wondering if it is the carb depletion. It's not like I'm lathargic throughout the day though, maybe it's lack of sleep too. I dunno, any suggestions? It just feels like after about my first set I feel totally run down. I still keep up the intensity, but I'm tired very easy. Maybe while cutting I should try to up the reps and lower the weight a bit, instead of what I'm doing now? I don't know. I'm open to all suggestions.

[/B]

I notice when I don't eat enough red meat, I get very tired very easily. I try to eat red meat every day, and take additional iron tablets. This usual works for me.

JustinF
08-13-2003, 05:41 PM
Well, I took today off from training. It was a verrrrrry long day at work today, and I wasn't at my desk all day. Meetings, etc. Yes, I have come to the conclusion that ALL meetings are useless.

Tomorrow is leg day, I am looking forward to it. I hope the one day off after back day will be enough recovery time. Last time I did legs the day after back and it wasn't pretty. If this doesn't work, I'm going to have to adjust the days of my split. Maybe Back, Chest, cardio, arms and shoulders, legs, off, cardio. We'll see. Diet was lacking today, not bad stuff, just not enough, which I guess s ok, since I didn't work out.

Another early one tomorrow, I'll try to get to bed before 9PM tonight, though most times even when I do I just lie there awake for a good 45 minutes or so. I dunno why. Anyway, that is all.

Wikked- Thanks for the comments on the deads, even though I was quite pissed off that I couldn't lock out the second. I think I scared my partner cuz he was in the middle of rows and I yelled out pretty loud "F**k!" About work, yeah I did work my way up into the position that I have now, made a few people bitter cuz most of my employees are mid 30's=mid 40's. Most of them though respect the fact that I worked damn hard to be where I am now. I just try to remember the things that used to piss me off about the supervisors, and I don't do those things. Plus, I just like to work.

cphafner- You may be on to something there. I notice I am NEVER lethargic after a nice, big, juicy steak. Maybe that should be my pre-workout meal every day! ;)

midee1
08-13-2003, 06:06 PM

cphafner- You may be on to something there. I notice I am NEVER lethargic after a nice, big, juicy steak. Maybe that should be my pre-workout meal every day! ;)

How very very true. That should be required eating pre workout.:D

ElPietro
08-13-2003, 07:24 PM
I heard a heaping tablespoon of lard every two hours is ideal to keep energy levels up, for those intense workouts. I think you should do this. Now.

pruneman
08-13-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by cphafner

I notice when I don't eat enough red meat, I get very tired very easily. I try to eat red meat every day, and take additional iron tablets. This usual works for me.

Gotta disagree on the iron...especially for males. The human body is very efficient in the uptake and use of Iron. Also, the only way the body can excrete a significant amount of iron is through bleeding. Since iron is not excreted from the body, it is reused. It is very easy for a male to exceed the amount of dietary iron necessary. Too much iron is associated with diseases such as hemochromatosis. I don't think that a male with a healthy diet should need to take an iron supplement. Women who bleed on a much more regular basis (poor things) may need an iron supplement. That is why men's multi vit's dont have iron. I would just be careful with taking in excess amounts of iron.

Well, hope that was some help. Peace

ElPietro
08-13-2003, 08:24 PM
Yeah don't go out of your way to take in iron. Most multivits will contain trace amounts, but no big deal. Unless you tend to randomly bleed alot or have some condition or diet where you get next to no iron, I don't see a reason for guys to take in any outside of their regular diet and multi.

Franjipani
08-14-2003, 04:42 AM
Dude I think you going in at 4:00 AM may seem insane to most but you are leading by example that's admirable.....

Sometimes you have to make the sacrifices necessary to achieve optimal performance......YOU are the pinnacle people aim for....:thumbup:

I agree that eating something prior to your workout will help you immensely..... I know it did for moi:D.

LOL @ Elp & the "lard" comment....cheeky buggar !!!!

Hope you're feelin the Lurrrrrve now ??? ;)

Coke
08-14-2003, 06:41 AM
......YOU are the pinnacle people aim for....
It is true Frani because "I want to be like the biggest bro!" - :D

JustinF
08-14-2003, 07:13 AM
midee- I'll try it for a while and let ya know how it goes. ;)

Pete- LMAO@the lard. As tempting as that sounds I tink I'll have to pass. :p

pruneman- thaks for the info bro. I don't bleed exesively so I think I'm all set!!

Franji- Yes, I am feeling the lurrrrrve now. Thank you much!! ;)

Cocoa- Thanks for the kind comments bro. :redface:

Quote of the day:
For a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin – real life.
But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first,
some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid.
At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.
This perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness.
Happiness is the way.
So treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one.
Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
Souza

Wikked1
08-14-2003, 08:01 AM
It's no wonder your energy level is down......meetings will do that to you every time!!! ;) After 1 hour I start yawning and getting antsy! Stick with your job philosophy it should take you far and as long as you remember where you came from the people who work for you will give you a degree of respect others can't attain. Understood about the bitterness it's the nature of the beast.
I think I scared my partner cuz he was in the middle of rows and I yelled out pretty loud "F**k!"
LMFAO my gym would go SILENT......except me I wouldn't hear a thing....I'd stil be jamming away in my own mp3 world! You'll get it next time!! it will be a resounding "F**K YEAH!":cool:

JustinF
08-14-2003, 08:06 AM

LMFAO my gym would go SILENT......except me I wouldn't hear a thing....I'd stil be jamming away in my own mp3 world! You'll get it next time!! it will be a resounding "F**K YEAH!":cool:

LOL. I heard gyms are quite sensitive to this sorta thing. :D I work out in my own personal dungeon in my basement, so it's all good. I was thinkin' bout buying an MP3 player, any suggestions on brand?

cphafner
08-14-2003, 09:33 AM
Prune and El: I just said it was what worked for me. I can tell when I'm not eating enough red meat. My biology professor in college said that iron defiency is related to fatigue, so I kinda put two and two together. I could be way wrong, but it seems to work for me.

JustinF
08-14-2003, 06:01 PM
8/14/03

Training:

Squats
12*135, 8*225, 6*315, 9*275

Calf Raises
20*270, 15*450, 18*360
**first time I've ever done these with bare feet. ****! What a difference full extension makes. OUCH. :D

Hammie Curls
15*90, 7.5*135, 9.5*115

Leg Extensions
15*180, 10*225, 10*180 drop to 9*135

Diet:

Meal 3: .5 cup ww pasta, 1 medium chicken breast, 1 banana

Meal 4: 1 can chicken, 3 tbsp natty pb, 2 slices ww bread

Meal 6: 8 scrambled eggs (5 whole, 3 whites)

Water: ~2 gallons

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2681
Fat: 94 847 33%
Sat: 28 251 10%
Poly: 10 87 3%
Mono: 22 200 8%
Carbs: 124 440 17%
Protein: 326 1304 50%

Not bad I guess.

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

Daily Ramblings:

I guess that's it for now. Gona ry to catch some shuteye today since last nights sleep was terrible. Tomorrow is the last day of the 4AM I think, unless we start it up again next week, but I won't know that until tomorrow before I go home. :rolleyes:

I had some recommended reading suggested to me, and the books are in the mail. I'm actually looking forward to reading, WTF is up with that? I am truly a changed man. :p Catch up with y'all in the AM.

Wikked1
08-15-2003, 09:00 AM
Calf Raises
20*270, 15*450, 18*360
**first time I've ever done these with bare feet. ****! What a difference full extension makes. OUCH.
Oh that's right you can get away with barefooting it.....next best thing is wrestling shoes....full ROM. Man I don't think your squats suck....they will get there no time at all! Where's that cardio at dude??

Bruteman
08-15-2003, 09:06 AM
I wish my squats sucked so much.
Looks like HY might be starting a trend :p . I might have to try barefoot myself. I like seeing "ouch" beside calf stuff, calf pain is good for the soul :evillaugh .

Now go get some sleep!

midee1
08-15-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Bruteman
I wish my squats sucked so much.

Man do I agree my squats suck ass compared to yours but by golly i'm getting there.:rolleyes:

JustinF
08-15-2003, 10:03 PM
8/15/03

Training:

Preacher Curls
15*135, 8.5*155, 9.5*145
**yawn**

Hammer Curls
9*60's, 6*60's, 12*45's

Dips
+45*15, +90*6.5, +90*4 drop to +45*3

OH Press (machine)
12*180, 6.5*230

Lateral/Rear Raises
Laterals-12*15's, 10*25's Rear10*25's, 7*35's

Shrugs
20*225, 12*405, 10*405, 20*315

Diet:

Meal 1: 4 boiled eggs ( 2 whole, 2 whites), multi vite, 1 apple

Meal 3: .5 cup ww pasta, 1 medium chicken breast, 1 nectarine

Meal 4: 1 can chicken, 3 tbsp natty pb, 2 slices ww bread, 1 glass skim milk

Meal 6: 2 cups kimchee

Water: ~1 gallon

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2436
Fat: 73 657 28%
Sat: 22 195 8%
Poly: 7 59 2%
Mono: 14 126 5%
Carbs: 159 566 24%
Fiber: 18 0 0%
Protein: 287 1146 48%

This total does not include the kimchee as I do not know the breakdowns. I also just realized that this never contains the info for the dextrose, so I need to figure out what it is and add it in. More carbs and more calories there.

Sleep.

Daily Quote:
who have rekindled this light.
Albert Schweitzer

**particularly relevant to me right now
-Thank you so much ;)

Daily Ramblings:

JustinF
08-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Wiked-Yeah, the bare feet definately is a good thing. I still think my squats blow, for my size I should be squatting a lot more me thinks. Cardio is tomorrow and Sunday, really, I'll do it! :D

Bruteman-Agreed on the pain in the calves. 'Tis a good thing. I'm going to bed right now bro! Much needed catch up sleep coming my way.

Midee- Thanks for stopping by bro. You're comparing apples to oranges. I got a wee bit of a weight advantage. ;)

Lesnar_Rocks
08-15-2003, 10:25 PM
I was just peeking around in here, good stuff.

Wikked1
08-16-2003, 03:43 AM
LMFAO,CARDIO.....man I know it sucks but ..........ok well there is no but it still sucks .....a good mp3 player helps (I KNOW I forgot to answer you on that) the wife gave me mine as a gift but I can tell you it depends on how much you're willing to fork out....more memory=more ca$h,but IMO worth it.....256mb is enough for 4-1/2 hours of music......that's PLENTY for me.....I would check around the net,check Best Buy seems to me they had some decent units there @ around $100.00....or more (depending on how much memory) and make sure your PC has a decent USB port...http://www.fortunada.com/shopping/EV256MPN.asp That's the model the wife got for me.....personally I love the darn thing.....I don't go to the gym without it! OH yeah CARDIO helps your squats:evillaugh I'm sure you will progress on the squats by leaps and bounds.......hell man being tall means it's a LONG way back up when you squat! Don't sweat the weight :D

Franjipani
08-16-2003, 03:44 AM
Meal 6: 2 cups kimchee

What is this ?? :confused:

Wow...nice bit of quote you got goin on....:D

midee1
08-16-2003, 06:54 PM

[b]Midee- Thanks for stopping by bro. You're comparing apples to oranges. I got a wee bit of a weight advantage. ;)

Hey Justin,
Just how much is a wee bit. I thought I was a little large at 5'11" and 220lbs.;)

BadAttituud
08-16-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Franjipani

What is this ?? :confused:

Kim chee is hot fermented cabbage. It's definitely an acquired taste, but it's really good. My mother used to have a wonderful recipe that a little old Korean lady gave her and she would make it once in a while.. If you can find good store bought, it's a treasure.. or if you can find a local Korean restaurant that sells it or if you can find a nice little old lady to give you a good recipe, it's low cal, no fat and yummy! (sometimes I get a yen for it for breakfast.. THEN I have to brush my teeth a LOT hehe)

JustinF
08-17-2003, 06:32 AM
Well, cardio was done, but my legs still have a bit of DOMS, so yesterday I did 12 minutes of HIIT and today I did 45 minutes moderate paced, both on the bike.
Cals were a bit low this weekend, as they always are.
Yesterday
Meal1- 2 cup Raisin Bran, 2 cups skim milk, 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty pb
Meal2- 4 whole eggs, 2 slices ww bread
Meal3- Ginger Peanut Chicken Pasta- MMMMMMMMMMMMM

Today's meal, none yet.

To be quite honest, I really pushed myself this entire week working out, and all of my muscles are sore, particularly my traps, upper back, and quads. Gotta luv it though, must be doing something right!!

That's all for the moment.

Quote of the day
"The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you're in control of your life. If you don't, life controls you.
-Anthony Robbins

JustinF
08-17-2003, 06:40 AM
Franji- Exactly what Badattituud said, that's kimchee. I love it, I could eat it every day, but also as he said, you need to brush your teeth about every half hour. :redface: About the quotes, I borrowed the idea from a really great girl, hope she don't mind. It's a bit of inspiration for me. ;)

BadAttituud- Thanks for stopping in and clearing that up. My best friend and workout partner is Korean, his mom always makes me kim chee, tis a wonderful thing. Plus, when she doesn't have time or something, there's a Korean Market 5 minutes from where I work so I always have an abundance at my house!

Lesnar- Thanks for stopping in, feel free to comment at any time.[/b]

Wikked-Thanks forr the info on the MP3. I'm definately going to look into picking one up. I'm not too concerned with my squat numbers as long as I constantly push myself and progress. I used to use the tall thing as an excuse in my younger years, for both squats and bench, but now I say no excuses, just do it!

Midee- Well my weight advantage is about 60 pounds. I haven't weighed myself since I started my cut so it could be less than that now, but you get the idea. I'm 'bout 6'6", I was 290 when I started my cut.

BadAttituud
08-17-2003, 08:04 AM
BadAttituud- Thanks for stopping in and clearing that up. My best friend and workout partner is Korean, his mom always makes me kim chee, tis a wonderful thing. Plus, when she doesn't have time or something, there's a Korean Market 5 minutes from where I work so I always have an abundance at my house!

I am soooooooooo jealous!

Wikked1
08-17-2003, 10:22 AM
Well, cardio was done, but my legs still have a bit of DOMS, so yesterday I did 12 minutes of HIIT and today I did 45 minutes moderate paced, both on the bike. WAy to go Justin.....this will kick you metabolism up a notch! Oh yeah the download tool of choice for Mp3s (in case you don't already know) ..."Kazaa".....it's sweet! Keep up with that cardio man! :D

BadAttituud
08-17-2003, 03:58 PM
WAy to go Justin.....this will kick you metabolism up a notch! Oh yeah the download tool of choice for Mp3s (in case you don't already know) ..."Kazaa".....it's sweet! Keep up with that cardio man! :D

Shareaza is also good and it's less prone to viri.. I use both

JustinF
08-18-2003, 06:38 AM
Well, Sunday.....

Woke up bright and early for no reason. Went online for a bit and chatted with Franji.

Went bowling with my little sister for her birthday, I suprised myself with my skills! :D It was candlepin, the small balls and pins. After I decided to stop throwing the balls as hard as I could to explode the pins all over I was actually pretty good, go figure. Screw football, I found my new sport. J/K

Then I went to moms house and it was all downhill from there. My diet went to complete ****. I had a blast, but my diet went to ****. I started off eating veggies, which was good. Then mom broke out the chips and salsa. With the G'Damned LIME tortilla chips. OMG I frickin love these things. I must've ate half the damn bag. Plus some cheese and crackers. Plus a couple beers. Plus a very scrumptious wine and champagne punch that my mom made. Jesus, I have no self control when I'm over there. I HATE myself today. I think I almost got drunk off of PUNCH!! WTF???

Anyways, we celebrated my dad's and brothers wife's birthday as well, so yup, cake as well. That was after a big steak, a potato the size of a frickin pumpkin, and corn. My God, I can't believe how much I ate. I don't know if anyone has ever had this German cake, translated it means "Blackforest Cake" OMG people!

That's why I can't go over to my moms house every weekend. Absolutely NO self control. Oh well, back on track this week, until next Sunday, :D

Wikked1
08-18-2003, 06:52 AM
"Blackforest Cake" OMG people SAWEET cheat day dude.....Black Forst Cake Yeah :drooling:
now for your sins you'll have to crank out some serious cardio dude :D
Now I'll choke down a protein bar to kill the groans of "Black Forest cake" echoing from my stomach!

Coke
08-18-2003, 07:02 AM
lol bro, looks like Mom and Dad has the place to go to - :D - Glad you had a great time this weekend -:)

Mik
08-18-2003, 09:43 AM
Sounds like a good weekend Justin. Don't sweat it man.

Bruteman
08-18-2003, 10:43 AM
*runs to bakery for some blackforest cake*

Ah, the power of suggestion!

pruneman
08-18-2003, 02:07 PM
yeah...Schwarzwäld Kirschtorte...I had it when I was in Germany. It is really something else. don't feel too guilty. I don't think anyone can have self control with that stuff. :D

JustinF
08-18-2003, 05:29 PM
8/18/03

Training:

Flat Bench
15*185, 6*225, 6*275+1NEG, 9.5*245

Incline Bench
7.5*225+1NEG, 6.5*225, 11.5*185+1NEG

Flyes
10*45's, 10*45's drop to 6*35's

short and intense

Diet:

Meal 1: 4 boiled eggs ( 2 whole, 2 whites), multi vite, 1 cup oatmeal

Meal 4: 1 can chicken, 2 tbsp natty pb, 2 slices ww bread, 1 glass skim milk

Meal 6: 1 cup brown rice, 2 cups kim chee soup (kim chee, tofu, pork, and water) YUMMMMMMMMY :D

Water: >1 gallon

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2478
Fat: 61 550 23%
Sat: 18 166 7%
Poly: 7 64 3%
Mono: 12 112 5%
Carbs: 168 608 25%
Protein: 308 1233 52%

This total does not include the kimchee soup as I do not know the breakdowns. I also just realized that this never contains the info for the dextrose, so I need to figure out what it is and add it in. More carbs and more calories there.

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

We are what we think.
All that we are arises
With our thougts.
With our thoughts,
We make our world."
-The Buddha

Daily Ramblings:

I had a great and much needed talk with Heather tonight. Many misconceptions, mostly my fault for lack of communication were cleared up. That's all that needs to be said about that. I love her so much! :angel:

My first book arrived this weekend and I am loving it. I never thought I would be excited about reading, lol. I am already at page 133, I can't put it down. It is providing much insight for me, I still can't get over the fact that I am a much happier person. (neither can my co-workers) :D

That is all for now. I'll catch up with y'alls journals in the AM. G'night.

JustinF
08-18-2003, 05:34 PM
Wikked- Yeah, I know on the cardio bro. I'll get on that. Screw the protein bars, you're bulking now, go grab a piece. ;)

Cocoa- Thanks for checking in little (big) bro. Yeah, my parents place is definately the place to go, unfortunately EVERY time I go there I overeat. Fortunately it's football season so every Sunday will be spent here now since I have the NFL Sunday Ticket!!

Mik- Good to see ya back bro. Looking forward to reading some kickass sessions in your journal.

Bruteman- LOL, go indulge yourself bro, life's too short.

Pruneman- Yup! That's the stuff. :nod: Glad to hear I'm not the only one that loses all self control around it!!

Mik
08-18-2003, 05:46 PM
Glad to hear things are going well for ya Justin and that you're happy. I wouldn't want you pissed off. :D

Nice chest workout. Short and intense. That's what I tried to accomplish with my back workout tonight too.

pruneman
08-18-2003, 08:21 PM
Hey justin. We had a bible study at my house tonight and somebody brought a bag of those lime tortilla chips. They're a wonderful thing. I wouldn't have had any but I saw that you said they were good...you were right man. *stuffs face with chips*

ElPietro
08-18-2003, 09:10 PM
I also just realized that this never contains the info for the dextrose, so I need to figure out what it is and add it in. More carbs and more calories there.

Well gee, it's 60g, and it's 100% carbs. 4 calories per gram. Do the math meathead.

[Child-like voice] Come on, we can do it together, 60 x 4g = 240 calories! Very good! [/Child-like voice] :clap:

:p

Oh, I found a great site for finding caloric totals for obscure items and stuff. It should probably help you keep better track. Click here. (http://www.doritos.com/index_start.cfm?_lscid=)

:evillaugh

ElPietro
08-18-2003, 09:10 PM
Happy cutting, biotch!

JustinF
08-19-2003, 04:53 AM
Mik- Thanks for checking in bro. It's much better to be hapy, I used to be stressed and angry at the world all the time. Looks like you accomplished that with your back session. Lokks good man!!

pruneman- LOL. Sorry for the bad influence. They are sooooooo good though, you just can't help but indulge when they are there, that's why I don't have any in my house! :D

ElP- LMAO. I never claimed to be a math major!! http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/ups/DeNiro/up_yours.gif
:p Thanks for the link, now I can add those into my daily diet!!

Franjipani
08-19-2003, 05:09 AM
It's much better to be hapy

:D :D

Your weekend of eating sounds exactly like mine.... I have given my flatmates new g/friend strict instructions that she is only allowed over once per week to eat:p.

Have I told you lately how much I adore food ??;)

Coke
08-19-2003, 05:23 AM
Hey bro, don't sweat the cut, the diet or whatever, just cut back overall but enjoy...;)

Wikked1
08-19-2003, 08:06 AM
I agree with a statement you made it IS much better being happier....it's contagious in most cases too. Nice workout and great philosophy......don't worry about the weight it will come along as you progress. I need to bulk clean at my age dude.....the black forest cake sure does sound good but the closest i will get is a Chocolate Protein Shake with maybe some Marachino Cherry juice in it! NOT nearly as bad as it sounds......it's almost like Dextrose.....and well not bad tasting!

Mik
08-19-2003, 08:10 AM
Mik- Thanks for checking in bro. It's much better to be hapy, I used to be stressed and angry at the world all the time.

I think I need a dose of that! I'm where you were. :mad:

JustinF
08-19-2003, 07:23 PM
8/19/03

Training:

45 minutes moderate paced hill program on recumbant bike.

+25*25,20 crunches

2sets@15 lying leg lifts

1set@50 per side oblique crunches

BAH. I wanna lift.

Diet:

Meal 1: 4 boiled eggs (whole), multi-vite

Meal 5:

Meal 6: grilled chicken salad, 2 tbsp Ken's Lite Ceasar, 1 extra tomato

Water: not nearly enough

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1793
Fat: 66 593 35%
Sat: 17 157 9%
Poly: 7 61 4%
Mono: 14 129 7%
Carbs: 116 401 23%
Protein: 180 721 42%

No comments from the peanut gallery :p, I know!

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

Trust yourself. Think for yourself. Act for yourself. Speak for yourself. Be yourself. Imitation is suicide.
Marva Collins

Daily Ramblings:

While I would definately rather lift, the cardio was decent today. In fact, I kinda enjoyed it. Don't tell anyone. It actually went by pretty quick. I realized today just how much my abs suck, they are really sore, just from the little bit of work I did to them today. Oh well, just another thing to focus on.

I fell asleep when I got home from work today, for about 1.5 hours, then fell asleep again immediately after eating dinner. Think my body is trying to tell me something? :D On that note, I'm goin to bed now. catch up with y'all in the AM.

JustinF
08-19-2003, 07:40 PM
Franji- It's much better indeed to be happy, even though I can't spell it. :p I also adore food, it'll be my downfall!!

CoCoa- Definately not sweating it bro. Life's too short to worry 'bout little things. My dissapointment with myself only lasts a little bit, no biggie.

Wikked- That actually sounds pretty good. Maybe I'll give that a shot one of these days. Thanks for the idea!! And you are soo right, it's definately contagious. I'm just happy I can spread some of the positive energy that was given to me!!

Mik- As we already discussed bro, anytime you need an ear...you know how to contact me. :)

Bruteman
08-19-2003, 08:34 PM
You were almost happy doing cardio!? Now that's one happy guy :p .

Mik
08-20-2003, 07:43 AM

Mik- As we already discussed bro, anytime you need an ear...you know how to contact me. :)

Thanks again Justin. I appreciate it. Gonna pick up the book this weekend.

Wikked1
08-20-2003, 08:16 AM
Yeah another cardio session....way to go dude! :thumbup:
What's the book you speak of that you feel had a profound influence? Yeah that shake....it was pretty good.....give it a try it's a real change of pace....grenadine would probably have about the same taste!

ericg
08-20-2003, 09:21 AM
WTF is with all this cardio? You gonna turn into a skinny biatch like me!! Nice work though man!

Weighted crunches are great for the abs, as well as cable crunches. Instead of doing a ton of reps throw on some weight and bust out 10-15 per set. I know it helped me a lot - strength in the core is most important.

cphafner
08-20-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by ericg
WTF is with all this cardio? You gonna turn into a skinny biatch like me!! Nice work though man!

Weighted crunches are great for the abs, as well as cable crunches. Instead of doing a ton of reps throw on some weight and bust out 10-15 per set. I know it helped me a lot - strength in the core is most important.

Something that has helped my abs get alot stronger is doing leg lifts, but come down real slow(maybe 10 seconds on the negative) and then on the last rep hold your legs parallel to the ground for as long as you can.

Relentless
08-20-2003, 12:26 PM
you definitely need to eat more, f00!

pruneman
08-20-2003, 05:27 PM
That Ken's light ceasar dressing you had in meal 6 is the shiznit!
...just another example of a food I will go overboard on when i use it.

Also curious about this book you're reading

JustinF
08-20-2003, 07:06 PM
8/20/03

Training:

PullDowns-
12*180, 6.5*230+2NEG, 4.5+230+3NEG

Pull Ups 5*BW, 3.5*BW+2NEG

Deadlift
8*225, 1*425, 6*335

BB Rows
8*225, 4*225, 12*135

Diet:

Meal 3: 1 cup brown rice, 1 medium chicken breast, 1 banana

Meal 5:

Meal 6: 2 cups kimchee soup

Water: not nearly enough

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

Daily Ramblings:

I should definately have listened to my body today. Once again, when I got home I fell asleep. When Heather got home, I woke up, and forced myself to wake up and get in the basement to workout, even though I really wasn't feeling it. I felt weak even before I went downstairs.

On my second set of deadlifts I tweaked my back. I tried to keep going and work through the pain, but my body wasn't cooperating. Even the 135 pounds felt too much on rows so I decided to stop the workout. I already feel a bit better, so I'm hoping it's nothing serious.

Aside from that, it was a VERY busy day at work today. It looks as though I'll be working Saturday as well. No worries though, I haven't been doing this every day as in the past, so a little bit of OT won't kill me.

I think that's all for now, didn't feel like doing fitday oday, I know the calories are low anyways. I'll see how I feel for tomorrows session, it's going to be another long day me thinks.

Catch up with y'all in the AM. G'night.

JustinF
08-20-2003, 07:22 PM
Brute- Yeah imagine that bro? Scary isn't it?

Mik-Sounds like a plan bro. I hope ya like it.

Wikked- Yeah, I'm a cardio fanatic now!! :p Well I wouldn't go that far, but I'm doing better with it. It's more so meeting and speaking with Franji about life and stuff like that which had the initial impact. All the reading that I am doing now just reinforces everything we chatted about, I give her the credit, not the book. She did recommend the book to me too, as well as a few others. But the book is definately helping me along now, it is "Awaken the Giant Within" by Anthony Robbins. A great read IMO.

eric- 'Bout time you start posting again brutha!! I don't think I have to worry about getting skinny for a longgggggg time. Gotta get through this big fat store called my stomach first. :D

cphafner- Thanks for the suggestion bro. That's exactly what I did on my leg lifts. My abs really are sore today too, so I musta done something right.

Cal- I know bro. I try to get between 2500-3000 a day, although this hasn't been happening in the last few days. I'll get the calorie count up pronto!!

Prunman- No doubt about that dressing. :drooling: I love that stuff. See my comments to Wikked about the book. It's a great read, I think.

Wikked1
08-21-2003, 07:55 AM
Dude sucks about the back....hope it heals quick.Thanks for the book title I may just grab a copy at the mall this evening......dude I don't know HOW you could do the workout thing after crashing for a while.....I need a good swim session before I am fully awake.....and I'm pretty sure you keeping those SIC hours....keep that cardio kicking dude.....your body will thank you!
Oh by the way the deadlifts looked pretty good!

Mik
08-21-2003, 09:19 AM
Nice session for being so dead. Hope the back is OK.

Bruteman
08-21-2003, 10:33 AM
Looks like a good back day in spite of the injury. Hope it is ok. Back pain=big time suckage! Nice quote :thumbup:

Coke
08-21-2003, 10:42 AM
Did not like hearing about the deal with your back - take it easy as possible and hopefully it will subside soon bro...

That Tony Robbins is an MF (I mean that in a good way) - :)

kook
08-21-2003, 03:18 PM
when it hurts when you do deadlifts... its only tellin you you're becoming a man!!! woooooooooooo

just joking (i've seen you before and you would probably drop me like a sack o bricks)

so whats happening? u skinny? starving?

JustinF
08-21-2003, 07:27 PM
8/21/03

Training:

Shrugs
20*225, 10*405, 18*335, 16*245 (5 second holds at the top)

OH Press (machine)
12*180, 6*230

Dips
+45*10, +90*6.5, +70*7

Preacher Curls
15*135, 10.5*165+1NEG, 7*165 drop to 9*115+3NEG

That was it. In and out. Short and sweet.

Diet:

Meal 3: 1.5 cup veggies, 1 cup chicken (stir fry), 1 peach

Meal 4: 2 tbsp natty pb, 2 slices ww bread, 1 glass milk

Meal 6: 18oz Delmonico Steak :drooling:, .25 cup pata, .5 an ear of corn

Water: ~.5 gallon

Sleep.

5 hours

Daily Quote:

Daily Ramblings:

The back definately feels better today. The power of the mind. I'm sure if I would have harped on it and played the pity card I would still be in pain. Yet another discovery I have made. The mind is such a powerful tool.

Anyways, yup, it was mad busy at work today again, and will be tomorrow. Makes for the days to go by really fast though, so no worries. Not sure if I have to work Saturday or not yet, they usually let that wait until it's time to go home Friday afternoon. :D

Decent session today, I was still a bit tired. I took a nap yet again when I got home from work. Looking forward to getting some sleep, at least on Sunday. I guess that's all about my exciting day. Oh, one funny thing happened. I was in a meeting today and someone asked me if I attended a motivational seminar or something. It was quite funny, I had a good chuckle. These people are used to seeing me pissy all the time. Funny stuff. Anyways, I'll catch up in the AM. Later.

JustinF
08-21-2003, 07:40 PM
Wikked- Thanks bro. Yeah, the hours are bad right now, but no worries. My bank account will thank me. :D The back seems fine. When I was pulling the weight up to do my shrugs I had no problems, so I think I'm good. My body was probably just trying to tell me to cut the **** and get some rest.

Mik- Thanks bro. Back seems to be ok now!

Brute- Thanks for checking in bro. Glad ya liked the quote. Decided to throw a new feature in here, I guess someone noticed. :D Helps to keep me motivated.

CoCoa- Thanks for the well wishes lil bro. It seems to be ok today. Yeah, this book is really the first time I have read anything by Robbins, but I really like it. I have another of his books in the mail to me already. Good stuff.

kook- Is that what it takes? I'm finally becoming a man? :clap: Wohooooo. I'm not skinny or starving bro. Trying to cut right now. My goal is to cut down to ~250. Then I wana do a CLEAN bulk up until I am happy with how I look. My guess is it'll be anywhere between 280-300 ponds. I know this will take a helluva long time, but I'm all about it!!

midee1
08-21-2003, 07:55 PM
Ok man I guess you win. You do outweigh me by a touch. But I can dream of getting there can't I.:D

Wikked1
08-22-2003, 09:28 AM
AWESOME preacher curls DAMN man now that's some weight on the bar! DIPS are looking really monsterous too....damn you guys that are double plate dipping! NICE workout bro!

WillKuenzel
08-22-2003, 10:18 AM
Holy shiyt dude!!! You're preacher curling 165!! :bow:

JustinF
08-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Wikked and Homey- Thanks fellas. I think I'm gonna up it to 185 next week, try to stick to the 4-6 rep range. We'll see how it goes. :D I guess I'm a certified curl jockey!!

midee1
08-22-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by HomeYield
Holy shiyt dude!!! You're preacher curling 165!! :bow:

Franjipani
08-22-2003, 11:57 PM
I think I'm gonna up it to 185 next week

:hump: ohhh errrr...

Up those cals hon...tuttut

btw...I have a pic of you, me & ElP at that nightclub in Toronto framed & on my desk.... me standing between ma very own bodyguards...lol :cool:

JustinF
08-23-2003, 07:43 AM
8/22/03

Training:

Diet:

Meal 3: 1.5 cup veggies, 1 cup chicken (stir fry), 1 peach

Meal 4: 2 tbsp natty pb, 2 slices ww bread, 1 glass milk, 1 can chicken

Meal 5:

Meal 6: single size Chicken and Portabella mushroom pizza, salad with Kens Lite Ceaser drooling: :drooling: tuttut tuttut

Water: ~.5 gallon

Sleep.

5 hours Thursday night. Fell asleep last night on the recliner for 3 hours! (that's almost as much as I have been averaging all week!). Went to bed aroung midnight, and woke up at 9 this morning. That's a total of around 12 GLORIOUS hours of shuteye. Neddless to say I feel very refreshed.

Daily Quote:
" The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has it's own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity."
-Albert Einstein

Daily Ramblings:

Well, I was so busy yesterday I was away from my desk the entire 10 hours. We (my employees and I) got so much accomplished that it turned out we didn't have to work the weekend. I was crushed, so looking forward to working. :D:D

Decided to take the day off of working out. I got a lot of sleep, my body feels very refreshed and I don't feel too bad about the pizza I ate last night.

Today I'm going to my uncles house (Heather's uncle) for a BBQ. I'm going to try to be good and not make it too much of a cheat day. Although I know I'll have a few to drink. Don't know what's on the menu so I'll try to control myself. That's it me thinks, gotta do the bills now, fun stuff. I'll catch up in y'alls journals when I get a minute.

pruneman
08-23-2003, 07:47 AM
good to see you getting some more sleep bro...you need it! congrats on the day at work yesterday. It's gotta feel good to have the day off...especially when you earned it!

JustinF
08-23-2003, 07:50 AM
midee- Thanks bro. My arms have always been a strong point of mine. Probably all those years of throwing lineman around. :D

Franji- :eek::omg: :redface: :redface:
My very first humpy! :redface: Thanks hon. I am going to concentrate on upping my calories next week. LOL@the picture, that's awesome. Can't wait to see some of 'em. And please, accept my apologies for telling your secrets. It'll never happen again. :cry:

rookiebldr
08-23-2003, 11:13 AM
Secrets? Damn, I must of missed them.

Good job on the sleep. I've been missing mine lately and it is definitely taking it's toll on my workouts.

Bruteman
08-23-2003, 04:39 PM
Justin's a curl jockey!? I guess that's ok as long as you stay out of the power rack with that. Well, I guess if you want to go ahead, who the hell is going to throw you out.

Like the quote again. Albert's my hero.

pruneman
08-24-2003, 07:00 AM
Those really are some impressive curls Justin. You can curl more than I weigh. Also been meaning to ask...How's the cut going? Are we gonna see some pics?

JustinF
08-24-2003, 07:33 AM
Well, I had a blast yesterday. I ate too much, and drank too much, but it was fun. Here's the tally from the BBQ:

1.5 big kabobs of chicken and mango
1 huge scoop of potato salad
1 huge scoop of corn salad (corn, prppers, tomato's, etc)
1 hotdog in bun, 1 more no bun
1 cheeseburger in bun, 1 doublecheesburger in bun
1 piece of ice cream cake
5 or 6 Corona Lite's
5 or 6 Low Carb Miller Lite's or Michlobe, I don't remember what they were, I've never had them before. They are little 10.5oz cans

The only thing I had besides that was breakfast, which was an egg sandwhich. (4 whole eggs on 2 pieces ww bread)

It was a great time though. Watched our boys from Saugus take a beating in the finals of the US Little Leauge Worls Series. Now it's Florida vs. Japan I believe today. I don't like MLB, but watching these kids play was pretty fun.. It's funny how the mimick the pro's, like spitting everywhere, etc, even though they obiously aren't chewing tobacco. :D:D

I guess that's all for now. Probably won't end up doing cardio today like I should. :redface:

JustinF
08-24-2003, 07:38 AM
rookie- Thanks for checking in bro. Yeah, the sleep thing definately takes it's toll on your workouts. Fortunately I got another 9 hours last night. Hope you get your sleep schedule sorted out before too long!!

Brute- Yeah, I admit it though, that I'm a curl jockey. I work out at home, so I can do 'em anywhere I want!! :D

pruneman- The cuts going ok bro, thanks for asking. I'll be posting pics in about another month. (the day that we both agreed on) I HATE the scale with a passion, because according to it I'm only down a bit, 280lbs. But I can definately tell I've gotten leaner.

midee1
08-24-2003, 07:53 AM
1.5 big kabobs of chicken and mango
1 huge scoop of potato salad
1 huge scoop of corn salad (corn, prppers, tomato's, etc)
1 hotdog in bun, 1 more no bun
1 cheeseburger in bun, 1 doublecheesburger in bun
1 piece of ice cream cake
5 or 6 Corona Lite's
5 or 6 Low Carb Miller Lite's or Michlobe, I don't remember what they were, I've never had them before. They are little 10.5oz cans
The

Wooo Wooo now that's my kind of cheat day Justin. I'm really glad to see i'm not the only one inclined to indulge occasionally.:D

Glad to see the cut is coming along. I feel your pain I hover around 220 no matter what I do but Mistress Dee says i'm leaner now.

Had to miss the LLWS games yesterday but I did manage to catch the night race at Bristol. My god what a fun place to go see a race.:thumbup:

Wikked1
08-25-2003, 09:15 AM
If you're gonna have a cheat day YEAH have a cheat day! Upping the curls.....dude I don't believe anyone will CARE about your squats if they happen to see you on the preacher bench they are going to be like :omg: and naturally draw their own conclusion....so who would even question the squat stuff!!! A really tough guy goes clothes shopping at a mall full of teenie boppers though! :D (Yeah right) ;)

JustinF
08-25-2003, 07:27 PM
8/25/03

Training:

Flat Bench
12*185, 8*225, 7*275+1NEG, 9.5*245+1NEG+1FAILED

Incline Bench
6.5*225, 9.5*205, 17*155+1NEG

Flyes
15*35's, 8*45's

Preacher Curls
10*135, 7.5*185, 5+2HELPED+1 dropped to 8*115+2FORCED

Hammer Curls
12*45's, 10*60's, 9*60's

Diet:

Meal 3: 1 cup veggies, 1 cup chicken (stir fry), 1 banana

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 cans chicken, 2 tbsp lite mayo

Meal 6: 1 large roasted shrimp and veggie salad with Balsamic Vinnegarette dressing, .5 cup cottage cheese

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2266
Fat: 61 549 25%
Sat: 20 179 8%
Poly: 11 101 5%
Mono: 17 157 7%
Carbs: 130 451 21%
Fiber: 17 0 0%
Protein: 298 1193 54%

Cals were way low today tuttut, but none the less I had plenty of energy today.

Sleep.

Daily Quote:
“There are many who are living far below their possibilities because they are continually handing over their individualities to others. Do you want to be a power in the world? Then be yourself. Be true to the highest within your soul and then allow yourself to be governed by no customs or conventionalities or arbitrary man-made rules that are not founded on principle.”
— Ralph Waldo Trine

Daily Ramblings:

I decided I am going back to a three day split, for the simple reason that I never manage to get 2 days of cardio in with the 4 day split, and I NEED to do my cardio.

OK, a couple things look unclear in my session today, so I'll explain. On my last set of flat bench, after a VERY slow negative, I decided to do a second negative. Bad move. As soon as I got it down to my chest it was stuck. I pushed it up about half way, and my partner couldn't lift it up all the way either. He is only 5'4", and the pins are set up on the rack pretty high because I have long arms. Anyways, after pressing with all I had for about 7 or 8 seconds I managed to say, "let me move my head." I inched forward a bit, still pushing the weight up, and we ended up guiding the weight down so it rested on the bench. It was an experience, never been in that position before. I was never in any real danger, but damn, that took a lot out of me.

On the drop set of preacher curls, I got 5 on my own, then the next two I needed just a touch of help, and on the last one it was all me. Not sure why I couldn't bring up those two middle ones, but I was still pleased. It looks really cool to curl a 45 and 35 on each side of the EZ Curl bar. :D:D I am a certified curl jockey, and proud of it dammit!!

Well, that is all for now. I'm tired and am going to bed now. I will catch up with y'alls journals in the AM, looks like I won't be quite as busy manana. Later.

JustinF
08-25-2003, 07:34 PM
midee I've never been to Bristol, but I heard it was a blast. I feel ya on the weight thing, I'm gonna chuck my scale out the damn window. :D

Wikked- Thanks for checkin in bro. Yeah, when I cheat, I cheat. I know that's nothing to be proud of, but hey, what can I say. I agree with ya on the mall shopping, it takes a truly tough guy to do the shopping thing. That's definately too much for me!

Wikked1
08-26-2003, 06:52 AM
Dude I agree with you......if you're gonna cheat make it a furious cheat day! AWESOME CURLS.....damn preacher bench is off the hook dude.....can I borrow your biceps please?? !!! Hopefully you'll never have to do that mall thing BUT you just never know what the future holds! NICE workout......your biceps dude???.......UNREAL! :D

Mik
08-26-2003, 07:21 AM
Awesome day Justin. Nice benching and those curls..........yowza! You are definitely a curl jockey! Nice cheat day. I was getting hungry just reading it.

JustinF
08-26-2003, 08:00 AM
Quick Question

Heather asked me how many calories she should be eating. What's the rough scale for that? BW*15? Her goals are:
-lose 5-10 pounds
-firm up the stomach, she's not fat now, but you know women (;))
-more-so than the weight loss is the firming up. she wouldn't care about the weight if she looked like she wanted

Current activities are :
-weights 3 days a week
-cardio at least 4 usually 5 days a week (5 miles a day, usually run 3-4 of them)
-cardio inside is stairmaster and bike when she can't get outside.

She is 5'4"
125lbs

She's been hovering at this weight for quite a while, I think it may be due to slow metabolism/not eating frequently enough.Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

bradley
08-26-2003, 11:51 AM
Quick Question

Heather asked me how many calories she should be eating. What's the rough scale for that? BW*15? Her goals are:
-lose 5-10 pounds
-firm up the stomach, she's not fat now, but you know women (;))
-more-so than the weight loss is the firming up. she wouldn't care about the weight if she looked like she wanted

Current activities are :
-weights 3 days a week
-cardio at least 4 usually 5 days a week (5 miles a day, usually run 3-4 of them)
-cardio inside is stairmaster and bike when she can't get outside.

She is 5'4"
125lbs

She's been hovering at this weight for quite a while, I think it may be due to slow metabolism/not eating frequently enough.Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Do you know approximately how many cals she is eating on an average day?

That is quite a lot of activity, and if you think she is not eating enough then chances are she is not. I would first try either decreasing her activity level, or maybe bumping up cals, but this would depend on how many cals she is consumin each day. Maybe with a little more info I could offer better suggestions. :)

Bradley

JustinF
08-26-2003, 12:02 PM
Thanks Bradley. I just called her and got the usual daily diet.

Breakfast- 4 eggs (2 whites, 2 whole) glass of skim milk

Snack- Peach or banana late morning

Lunch- usually a chicken salad, or a chicken sandwich (canned chicken breast, tomato, on wheat with lite mayo), or a chicken stir-fry without rice

Snack- Yogurt (afternoon)

Dinner- whatever we usually eat (stir-fry, chicken and sweet potato with veggies, grilled chicken salad, etc.)

And she has a glass of OJ for a "snack" before bed.

Thanks again bro.

WillKuenzel
08-26-2003, 03:00 PM
It looks really cool to curl a 45 and 35 on each side of the EZ Curl bar. :D:D I am a certified curl jockey, and proud of it dammit!!

Well, that is all for now. I'm tired and am going to bed now. I will catch up with y'alls journals in the AM, looks like I won't be quite as busy manana. Later.

Being a curl jockey and speaking spanish?!! Damn ectx is everywhere! He's infected you with his virus too! Dammit!! :p

bradley
08-26-2003, 05:09 PM
Thanks Bradley. I just called her and got the usual daily diet.

Breakfast- 4 eggs (2 whites, 2 whole) glass of skim milk

Snack- Peach or banana late morning

Lunch- usually a chicken salad, or a chicken sandwich (canned chicken breast, tomato, on wheat with lite mayo), or a chicken stir-fry without rice

Snack- Yogurt (afternoon)

Dinner- whatever we usually eat (stir-fry, chicken and sweet potato with veggies, grilled chicken salad, etc.)

And she has a glass of OJ for a "snack" before bed.

Thanks again bro.

I think you were right on the money Justin. I doubt the above is 1500 cals, which is a little low IMO given her current level of activity. You could get her to plug the diet into fitday to get a more accurate measurement.

Maybe get her to throw in a few more calories in with her morning and afternoon snack, or maybe a little cottage cheese instead of the OJ before bed. I would recommend the cals come from protein and/of fat, and hopefully this will get the sluggish metabolism fired back up.:)

You can make these changes over the course of a week or two, so as to not increase cals too rapidly. I will be interested to hear of her progress, so keep me updated.

JustinF
08-26-2003, 05:29 PM
8/26/03

Training:

Squats
10*185, 6*245, 10*315, 7*315, 22*225 :D :eek:

Hammie Curls
15*90, 8.5*125, 9*125+1NEG

Calf Raises
20*360, 9*450, 15*360

Extensions
15*180, 8*270, 10*225

OH Press (Machine)
10*180, 7*230

Shrugs
12*315, 9*405, 6.5*405 drop to 24*225

Diet:

Meal 1: 4 boiled eggs (whole), 1 cup oatmeal

Meal 3: 1 cup veggies, .75 cup chicken (stir fry), 1 peach

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 cans tuna, 1 tbsp lite mayo

Meal 6: 1 large grilled porkchop, 1.5 cups mixed veggies

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2569
Fat: 74 665 27%
Sat: 25 223 9%
Poly: 12 106 4%
Mono: 25 222 9%
Carbs: 128 447 18%
Protein: 341 1366 55%

Sleep.

Daily Quote:
Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows."
-Michael Landon

Daily Ramblings:

I had a boatload of energy today, even though I slept for only 4 hours, wonder what that's all about. Don't have time to write too much right now. Had a great session, I was drenched head to toe. It was great. I'll write more tomorrow, take care y'all.

JustinF
08-26-2003, 05:35 PM
Wikked- Thanks for the comments bro, much appreciated. I'm sure I'll be there one day doing the mall thing, can't wait for that. :rolleyes: :D

Mik- LOL. I'm getting hungry reading it again too. Thanks for the comments bro.

Homey- :D I guess I caught the virus bro. Watch out it's extremely contagious!!

Bradley- Thanks for your input bro. Much appreciated. I'll have her put in her meals into fitday.com to get a better idea. I'll definatey keep ya posted on the results.

Mik
08-26-2003, 08:23 PM
Sweet workout Justin. Those legs'll be sore tomorrow bro.

ectx
08-27-2003, 12:19 AM
ANOTHER SPANISH SPEAKIN' CURL JOCKEY IS BORN!!!!!

*sheds tear*

crazy curlin' foo'

Coke
08-27-2003, 05:21 AM
Excellent session bro, good work on them legs and shoulders! - :)

Wikked1
08-27-2003, 08:23 AM
Squats are looking better all the time Justin........22X225 woo-hoo!! Are you an advocate of the 20 rep squat also? SHRUGS are looking real good real fast sheesh you'll be @ 495 & beyond soon......nice SOLID workout!

ericg
08-27-2003, 09:36 AM
Nice sessions man!!

I hear ya bout women always thinking that they are fat - i wish i had their problems...no i take that back.

you playing ball this year??

JustinF
08-27-2003, 02:10 PM
Wohoo!! I convinced Heather to start up her own journal, so later tonight I'll be helping her out with that. It definately keeps ya motivated, I think there will even be some "before" pics posted. Stay tuned..... :D :clap:

JustinF
08-27-2003, 02:19 PM
Mik- Thanks bro. My legs are definately sore today, as well as my traps.

ectx- Your presence in an honor. :bow: The King Curl Jockey, in my journal. :D

CoCoa- Thanks for the continued support bro.

Wikked- Thanks bro. I'm not so much an advocate, it's just that I always go to failure with a relatively low weight on my last set of squats. I like the burn. http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/contrib/ruinkai/FIREdevil.gif I need to pick up some straps for my shrugs I think, because my grip is very shaky on them.

eric- Nah, no ball this year. For right now I need to focus on rehabbing the knee. At my last physical my doc said there's basically to cartilege left in my knee. I'm trying to strengthen the muscles around the knee, I'll see about next year. I have a real fear of really blowing it out, and at this point in my life, it's not worth the risk to me. It was a very difficult decision, but I want to be able to function later in life, run around with my kids, etc.

ericg
08-27-2003, 02:22 PM
sounds like a well thought out decision man :thumbup:. looking forward to the misses journal!!

cphafner
08-27-2003, 04:08 PM
Damn nice squats and shrugs!!!

JustinF
08-27-2003, 06:36 PM
8/27/03

Training:

Diet:

Meal 1: 4 boiled eggs (whole)

Meal 4: 2 slices pizza (only thing around, late day at work today)(Pizzaria Uno's thick crust) tuttut

Meal 5:

Meal 6: 1 grilled chicken salad with Kens Lite Ceasar dressing

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1264
Fat: 52 466 38%
Sat: 17 156 13%
Poly: 7 62 5%
Mono: 20 179 15%
Carbs: 85 302 25%
Fiber: 9 0 0%
Protein: 111 444 37%

My diet was absolute crap today. I was so bust running around at work I didn't havetime to eat. That WILL NOT happen again. tuttut

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

Daily Ramblings:

NOt much to write today. I was really busy at work, after about 11:00, had to stay a little late. Diet was crap. I was going to do cardio but decided to rest up. I'll still get my two days in this week. I'll catch up with y'all in the AM.

rookiebldr
08-27-2003, 08:52 PM
:spam:

aka23
08-27-2003, 09:21 PM
Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1264

My diet was absolute crap today. I was so bust running around at work I didn't havetime to eat. That WILL NOT happen again.

Wow. That is not many calories, especially for a guy your size. I often bring snacks to work when I expect to work for extended hours to prevent such situations. Depending on your job, taking a short break to get food or ordering in may also be possible. My company has a policy of paying for dinner when employees stay late. In any case, it sounds like you already have plans to prevent this from happening in the future.

Those are impressive squats and preacher curls. The preacher curl machine at my gym goes to 190lb. I have always thought that it was odd to have a stack that goes so high since I have never heard of anyone doing 190lb on a preacher curl. Now I have heard of someone lifting weights that heavy.

Mik
08-27-2003, 10:41 PM
Man, it sounds like you're always busy at work. I don't know how you manage to lift and do cardio so regularly with the hours you put in. You're an inspiration Justin!

Franjipani
08-28-2003, 03:37 AM
Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows."
-Michael Landon

One of my fav's..... I Luv it !!!:D. Training is looking good....just keep those cals up hon....and you're sorted...

Ohhh and there is NO SUCH THING AS TRY . You either DO or you DO NOTtuttut.

ericg
08-28-2003, 05:24 AM
Yeah cals were low - like ive said before: I snort more cals then that in a day.

One day like that wont kill you though, just a small bump in the road!

JustinF
08-28-2003, 06:50 AM
rookie- Thanks bro. I really need the extra calories. :p

aka- Thanks for the comments bro. Much appreciated. My company wouldn't buy dinner, I was home in time for that so it was no biggie anyways. I hadn't planned on it, that's why I was unprepared with the meals. Like I said, it won'y happen again. About the squats, I lowered the weight for a bit to concentrate on form, and now that my form is on point, I'm gonna up it slowly each week and see how it goes.

Franji- I'll get the cals up, I promise. That is my biggest problem, getting and keeping my diet in check. Well, that and lack of sleep, I'll make it a point (not try) to better myself with both of those. I will do. ;)

eric- Thanks for checking in bro. That's exactly right, one bump in the road won't stop me. (unless I'm driving my truck) :p

Wikked1
08-28-2003, 10:17 AM
No Cardio? Well I guess on that little bit of calories I don't blame you....I eat more than that by 10:00.....just a word of caution/advise don't go too long in between meals your body will go into that dreaded starvation mode stuff.....Dude I hear you on the straps.....if my hands could keep up with my traps my forearms would be HYOOGE! AWESOME job getting the wife in here just don't let her read the shopping mall bit dude or your future is DOOMED! :D

JustinF
08-28-2003, 06:35 PM
8/28/03

Training:

35 minutes moderate pace on the bike.

I forgot to do abs. **slaps own forehead**

Diet:

Meal 1: 4 boiled eggs (whole)

Meal 4: 2 cans chicken, 3 slices ww bread, 1 glass skim milk

Meal 5: 2 scoops whey

Meal 6: .5 cup spinach ravioli with tomato sauce, 8 scrambled eggs

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2536
Fat: 101 909 37%
Sat: 32 287 12%
Poly: 16 147 6%
Mono: 36 328 13%
Carbs: 134 480 20%
Fiber: 14 0 0%
Protein: 266 1062 43%

Better today but still not great.

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

Daily Ramblings:

That's about it for now. Talk to y'all in the AM.

JustinF
08-28-2003, 06:40 PM
cphafner- Thankd bro. Sorry I missed your post way up there. :)

Mik-Lately I have been putting in crazy hours, but so has every one else that works there. The people that work for me, right up to my boss. It just really busy times. Thanks for the kind words bro. The workouts are actually a release, an escape for me from my day to day stuff, especially work. :D

Wikked- Thanks for checkin in brutha!! Starvation mode wouldn't be too bad for my fat ass!! LOL J/K Yeah, straps are coming my way most def. Yeah, wifey will never know about the shopping mall bit now that you just mentioned it! :swear:
;)

midee1
08-28-2003, 07:00 PM

I forgot to do abs. **slaps own forehead**

Damn man 30 lashes with a wet noodle for forgetting abs.tuttut

I still refuse to do abs. Way to much fat around the mid section.:rolleyes: Gotta get rid of some if not doing abs will just push it out more and god knows I don't need that.:cry:

Maccer101
08-29-2003, 05:41 AM
How come you don't eat many carbs, are you cutting? and get some kip mate. tuttut

I can't remember my own name if I get less than 7 hours.

Wikked1
08-29-2003, 06:21 AM
OOOpss.......:rolleyes: sorry about that dude.....but here's the "catch" it took my wife years and years to finally get me domesticated .....;) Cardio? :thumbup: way to go bro! I progressed HUGE in shrugs when I got my straps....I expect to see the same from you too.....especially with the upper body strength you have!

Bruteman
08-29-2003, 07:44 AM
:hello:

JustinF
08-29-2003, 10:54 AM
Midee- LOL. Not the noodle torture!! You should think of ab training the other way, so you'll have great ones once you shed the fat. Howdoya like that?? :D

Maccer- Yeah, I am in the middle of a cut right now, hence the carb restrictions. I am going to be upping the carbs to maybe 25 or 30% though, as I have a severe lack of energy at times. The sleep thing isn't all that bad. I've been averaging 5-6 hours for about 4 or 5 years now, that's about my norm. I make up for it on the weekends with about 7 or 8 a night.

Wikked- Well, I haven't been domesticated in 7 years, maybe I'm a hopeless cause. ;) I definately hope the straps will allow me to shrug heavier, I REALLY want huge traps. :D

Bruteman- What's up brotha? How's things going?

HeatherLF
08-29-2003, 11:08 AM

Wikked- Thanks for checkin in brutha!! Starvation mode wouldn't be too bad for my fat ass!! LOL J/K Yeah, straps are coming my way most def. Yeah, wifey will never know about the shopping mall bit now that you just mentioned it! :swear:
;) [/B]

Do we need to have a discussion later? What's going on at the mall?

JustinF
08-29-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by HeatherLF

Do we need to have a discussion later? What's going on at the mall?

Thanks Wikked!!!! :eek:

Xand
08-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Great workout man. You're looking pretty fit too. Are u still playing ball?

Isaac Wilkins
08-29-2003, 03:00 PM

Thanks Wikked!!!! :eek:

Ha ha! You got hosed, brother. You got hosed.

:D

JustinF
08-29-2003, 07:50 PM
8/29/03

Training:

Pull Ups
6.5+2NEG, 4+2NEG
**I am bad with these. damn all this weight to pull up!! :mad:

Pull Downs
12*180, 5.5*270+2NEG

Belial Rows
12*115, 5.5*155, 17*100

Dips
+55*11.75, +90*7+1NEG, +70*9+2NEG
**the last rep on the +70, before the negatives took about 6 or 8 seconds to lock out. OUCH

DB OH Press
6*100, 21*60

Deadlift
5*225, 5*315, 0*405, 5*315
**Last week when I tweaked my back, I musta messed something up. Even the 225 felt very heavy, and the 405 which isn't usually too bad wasn't moving. I'm gonna keep the weight low next week and see what happens.

Diet:

Meal 1: 4 boiled eggs (whole), 1 cup oatmeal

Meal 2: 1 cup cottage cheese, .5 cup oatmeal

Meal 3: 2 cups salad, 1 large chicken breast, 3tbsp Kens Lite Ceasar dressing, 1 peach

Meal 4: 3 slices ww bread, 2 cans tuna, 1 tbsp lite mayo

Meal 5: 6 scoops whey, 60g dextrose

Meal 6: Haddock Marinara over 2 cups pasta, 1 small salad

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3342
Fat: 67 599 19%
Sat: 20 180 6%
Poly: 13 118 4%
Mono: 21 185 6%
Carbs: 295 1094 34%
Fiber: 22 0 0%
Protein: 379 1515 47%

Better?? :angel:

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

Daily Ramblings:

Friday at last!! Whew, what a week. I am soooo looking forward to these next three days off. I'm probably going to sleep away half of tomorrow. :D Probably not actually, I rarely sleep past 9, even when given the opportunity.

My back is kinda weird again.

I am absolutely STUFFED. OMG, I couldn't eat another bite if I wanted to. I seriously feel as though I'm gonna explode. I don't see how you guys eat 4000 plus!!

Anyways, that's all for now.

JustinF
08-29-2003, 07:55 PM
Xand Nah, I'm not playing ball this year. My knee and ankle are pretty well messed up, doc says one more good hit it'll be surgery, and at this point in my life, I'm not sure it's worth it to me. I definately miss it, I haven't completely ruled it out in the future, maybe after rehabbing a bit.

Borris- It's aiight bro. No problems at home, I handled my bizness!! Ain't that right wifey? :hide: :D

fuzz
08-29-2003, 09:17 PM
Might wanna take a break from deads if you're back is bothering you much...don't wanna make it worse.

midee1
08-30-2003, 07:25 PM
8/29/03

Pull Ups
6.5+2NEG, 4+2NEG
**I am bad with these. damn all this weight to pull up!! :mad:

Quit whinin I just wish I could pull my fat arse up more than once. All kiddin aside that some mad strength you got there. And BTW they did win the game 21-6 although it looked kinda bad the first half.

Question. What kind of ball do you play? I'm assuming football with your size? You'd look kinda silly playing ping pong now wouldn't you:D

JustinF
08-30-2003, 10:07 PM
LMAO. I was just going through some old pictures. Man, did I go through some stages. In 2000, on my honeymoon, I was a skinny-fat guy. I'm gonna put up a few pictures just for the hell of it. It'll keep me motivated when I think about missing a workout.

1st pic.....look how small my arms/chest are :D

JustinF
08-30-2003, 10:10 PM

JustinF
08-30-2003, 10:13 PM
You can really see my gut in this one, notice the other bad habbit I used to have, besides overeating....

JustinF
08-30-2003, 10:18 PM
Last one: this one shows my gut pretty good and lack of any muscle on my arms of chest.

JustinF
08-30-2003, 10:21 PM
This has nothing to do with being fat, but I love this picture that I took on out second to last night in Hawaii.

I'm going to bed now, catch up with y'alls journals manana. :)

Coke
08-31-2003, 04:14 AM
I liked all the pics - you are such a wonderful looking couple, and that Hawaii view is breathtaking - :)

JustinF
08-31-2003, 06:49 AM
midee- Yeah, football. :D I played all through highschool, threw away a scholarship (a few of 'em) due to grades, took a few years off, then last year I joined a semi-pro team and we won the Championships. It definately took a toll on my body however, it wasn't like highschool. Back then I was bigger than everybody, never really worked out, just relied on my size. It was much more difficult (but I loved it) playing against the big boys.

Cocoa- Glad ya enjoyed the pics bro. :D I did too, it's great to look back and see what you accomplished, it's easy to just be discouraged with gains now, while forgetting what you've already done. Thanks for the comments bro.

midee1
08-31-2003, 08:13 AM
I'll have to agree with CoCoa. Pics were awesome.
Kinda cool to put a face with the name.

I'm way to ugly to do that:D

That and I don't have a digi cam or scanner.:rolleyes:

Good job on kicking the other bad habit. Do you still get the cravings? I quit Jan 22 2002 after 18 years.:thumbup:

cphafner
08-31-2003, 08:49 AM
I'm with Fuzz, I would consider taking some time off from deads. Pictures were very cool. If thats skinny fat, I wouldn't mind being skinny/fat. Thank you again for all your support in my journal.

pruneman
09-01-2003, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by CoCoa
I liked all the pics - you are such a wonderful looking couple, and that Hawaii view is breathtaking - :)

LMAO at skinnyfattoughguy

Franjipani
09-01-2003, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by CoCoa

I really do not see what you are going on about with the gut thingi...still, we are our own worst critics...

You used to smoke??? thats a dreadful business :eek: ;)

dammit pruneman !!!!!.....you stole my thunder :mad: j/k

HeatherLF
09-01-2003, 08:59 AM
This has nothing to do with being fat, but I love this picture that I took on out second to last night in Hawaii.

Nice pic love :)

BadAttituud
09-01-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by cphafner
I'm with Fuzz, I would consider taking some time off from deads. Pictures were very cool. If thats skinny fat, I wouldn't mind being skinny/fat.

No kidding, can I be skinnyfat too?

JustinF
09-01-2003, 06:22 PM
9/01/03

Training:

50 minutes moderate pace on bike (interval setting uphill, downhill)

DB Side Bends- 3sets@25 with 60's
Crunches- 1*25, 1*15 with 35lb plate
Leg Lifts- 2*15

Diet:

Meal 1: 4 eggs (whole), 1 english muffin, 2tbsp natty PB, 2 glasses OJ

Meal 2: 2 cans tuna, 2 tbsp lite mayo, .cup cottage cheese

Meal 3:

Meal 4: 2 scoops whey

Meal 5:

Meal 6: 14oz steak, 2 cups mixed veggies, .5 cup white rice

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2542
Fat: 95 859 35%
Sat: 29 262 11%
Poly: 12 106 4%
Mono: 30 267 11%
Carbs: 173 633 26%
Protein: 242 967 39%

Water: ~1 gallon

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

**that's all it takes people, is a tiny spark.......

Daily Ramblings:

Had a great weekend, very relaxing. Heather and I were suppose to go hiking today, but naturally the weather didn't comply. So we made the best out of the day. Rented a few movies and hung out together on the couch. 'Twas nice indeed, haven't had a chance to do that for quite some time. :D

Saturday and Sundays diet isn't worth posting..... :angel:
I'll leave it at that.. ;)

Bought a new printer on Saturday so I can print out the MANY photos I have on media cards. My printer before this one was not very good, so we never printed the pictures, Had lots of memories come back looking through the old pics. It was nice. Anyways, I guess that's it for now. Later y'all...

midee1
09-01-2003, 06:37 PM

Had a great weekend, very relaxing. Heather and I were suppose to go hiking today, but naturally the weather didn't comply. So we made the best out of the day. Rented a few movies and hung out together on the couch. 'Twas nice indeed, haven't had a chance to do that for quite some time. :D

[/B]

Tis indeed nice to do the occasionally. I had a house full of kids last night.:D

Hunter spent the night with us last night.:D

JustinF
09-01-2003, 06:40 PM
Midee- Thanks for the comments bro. I very rarely get cravings for cigs. If I get a craving it is usually for either of the other two bad habbits I had, cigars or dip. But I rarely get cravings for those either. Congrats on your quitting. I only did that stuff for about 6 years (13-18). Awesome job quitting after 18 years!!

fuzz- I think I'm gonna take your advice and not do them for a while, though I need to do some research on a lower back exercise I can do to substitute, I don't have anything that I can to hypers on....

cphafner- No prob on the support bro. That's what we're all here for. Thanks for your comments.

pruneman- Thanks brutha! Glad you liked the toughguypic, LOL. :)

Franji- I guess you'd understand the gut thing better if I could find the picture that I'm thinking of. There is one of me standing in front of that car with my shirt off, and my belly is hanging over my belt. I guess the shirt hides it pretty well, that's also one advantage to being tall, even when you're fat you can still look ok. The funniest thing, I thought, was the skinny arms and lack of chest. I mean I still have the gut now, but I at least have some arms and a decent chest to go with it.
Yeah, I used to smoke, plus a few more BAD habbits that you wouldn't believe, but that's all in the past, I'm a new, changed man now. :D :)

Baby- :D It should win an award huh? ;)

BadAttituud- Thanks for the comments. :D

Mik
09-02-2003, 06:51 AM
Sounds like a good weekend bro. It's nice to have those times once in awhile to kick back and just enjoy each other's company. You've made some serious progress since those pics were taken. Good work!

Wikked1
09-02-2003, 08:52 AM
Nice batch of pics Justin....workouts looking real good too but did I detect an absence of Cardio somewhere? Looks like the weekend I had. You get rained on yesterday?

JustinF
09-02-2003, 11:35 AM
Mik- Thanks for the comments bro. It was nice to relax together, it's been too long since we've had the opportunity with work and such.

Wikked- Did you miss my cardio session? I was quite proud to make it 50 minutes!!

Wikked1
09-02-2003, 12:47 PM

Wikked- Did you miss my cardio session? I was quite proud to make it 50 minutes!!
ooooops!:eek: sorry I did miss that in my haste!
Nice Cardio session man!! 50 Minutes? careful you could become an addict! :rolleyes:

pruneman
09-02-2003, 03:32 PM
I must have been too caught up with the pictures to catch the cardio session. 50minutes...impressive. After some of your posts earlier, I had to double check which journal i was in. JK. Keep up the hard work bro. Your dedication is inspiring.

JustinF
09-02-2003, 07:06 PM
9/2/03

Training:

Flat Bench
12*185, 8*225, 8*275+1NEG, 10.5*245

Incline Bench
9*225, 16*185

Flyes
12*45's*3

Preacher Curls
15*115, 13*165+2FORCED, 16*135+1FORCED

Hammer Curls
9*60's, 9*60's, 17*45's

Diet:

Meal 1: 4 boiled eggs (whole), 1 cup oats, multi-vite

Meal 2: 1 cup cottage cheese, .5 cup oats, 5 FOC's

Meal 3: 1 cup veggies, 1 cup chicken (stir fry), .5 cup white rice, 5 FOC's

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 cans chicken, 2 tbsp natty PB, 1 cup skim milk

Meal 6: 1 large turkey sub with extra turkey, 1 small bag Baked Doritos :angel:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3279
Fat: 81 725 23%
Sat: 25 222 7%
Poly: 8 72 2%
Mono: 16 147 5%
Carbs: 312 1154 36%
Fiber: 23 0 0%
Protein: 323 1290 41%

Too many carbs.

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

Daily Ramblings:

Decent session today. Diet could have been better, but at least the calories were up there. I had a weird thing happen to me today regarding the power of the mind. It was pretty cool, and the more I read about such things, the more fascinated I become, and the more I grasp the concepts.

Anyway, I need to get to bed, need to wake up early again. Catch up with y'all in the AM. Take care y'all.

JustinF
09-02-2003, 07:08 PM
Wikked- Thanks bro, but I really don't think I have to worry about an addiction. :D

pruneman- Thanks for the kind words bro.

Relentless
09-02-2003, 07:09 PM
put that turkey on a salad instead of a sub, punk! and Doritos? I hadn't realized you were on the Pietro Cutting Plan(tm). Hm.

midee1
09-02-2003, 07:27 PM
9/2/03

Preacher Curls
15*115, 13*165+2FORCED, 16*135+1FORCED

Hammer Curls
9*60's, 9*60's, 17*45's

Damn man arm strength is amazing.:eek:

Don't worry about baked doritos. I believe I could cut if I could give up homemade mac and cheese or just cheese period. We eat about a pound every 2-3 days.:rolleyes:

Mik
09-02-2003, 07:43 PM
Ditto on the arm strength Justin. It still blows me away every time I see your curl jockey routine. :D

Don't sweat the Doritos. You did do 50 mins of cardio after all.

HeatherLF
09-02-2003, 08:28 PM
Enough about the doritos..they were BAKED, and wifey had some too, so that is OK!! MMM they were good too....:p

Coke
09-03-2003, 05:30 AM
:hello:

Just thought it was time to say something to you bro, I'm not into it as much and need to rejuvenate - :D ...keep them sessions going strong!

Mik
09-03-2003, 06:28 AM
Enough about the doritos..they were BAKED, and wifey had some too, so that is OK!! MMM they were good too....:p

I'm just jealous. I absolutey love cool ranch Doritos. Problem is once I open a bag I can't stop so I can't go near them <sigh>. :D

Wikked1
09-03-2003, 07:03 AM
50 minutes of cardio > Whole bag of Doritos. ;)
Flat bench looks real impressive and that preacher bench well I think that's been covered! Nice workout!

JustinF
09-03-2003, 09:31 AM
Cal- I just wanted to give Pete a chance to catch up!! I had a slip-up, it won't happen again! :D

Midee- Thanks for the comments bro. Wow man, that's a lot of cheese!! ;)

Mik- Thanks for checking in bro. My weakness is the Cheddar Jalepeno Doritos!! :drooloing:

Heather- You tell em babe!!

Cocoa- Good to see ya back in here bro!!

Wikked- Thanks for the comments bro. I did eat a whole bag, but it was only one of those small luch box sized bags. I think I coulda had 4 or 5 for 50 minutes of cardio!! :p

JustinF
09-03-2003, 09:32 AM
What the hell?!?!?!

Ever since I have been eating more calories I am bloody starving!! I used to never be hungry, now that I am eating more I'm hungry! What kinda sense does that make? Is there any explanation for that?

ElPietro
09-03-2003, 09:43 AM
Yes, when you start eating less you notice hunger pangs right? Then they go away. Your stomach lining I believe can condense, which means you get full easier, but when you start eating more, your stomach can expand which means it takes more for it to be full, and then the pangs will come back again.

JustinF
09-03-2003, 06:36 PM
9/03/03

Training:

60 minutes:eek: moderate pace on bike
**This kicked my ass. I had in on the uphill program, meaning ALL progressively uphill, steeper and steeper, until the last 5 minutes where it gets easier as a cooldown. My quads and hams were on fire!

DB Side Twists- 1*15*25lbs, 1*25*25lbs
Crunches- 1*20*25lbs, 1*20*25lbs
Leg Lifts- 2*15

Diet:

Meal 1: 4 eggs (whole), 1 cup oats, multi-vite

Meal 2: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup oats, 5 FOC's

Meal 3: 1.55 cups mixed veggies, .75 cup chicken, 1 banana, 5 FOC's

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty pb, 2 cans tuna, 1 cup skim milk

Meal 6: 2 cups ww pasta, 1.5cups tomato sauce, 8 turkey meatballs

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2879
Fat: 88 795 29%
Sat: 33 293 11%
Poly: 9 83 3%
Mono: 15 138 5%
Carbs: 238 805 29%
Fiber: 36 0 0%
Protein: 284 1137 42%

I dunno, I think I'm doing ok.

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

Daily Ramblings:

I'm turning into quite the cardio freak. It was suppose to be leg day today, but because my lower back was till hurting I decided not to do them. (squats) I was going to just take the day off, but I decided to do some cardio, which was going to be a half hour but turned into an hour! :eek:

Ah well, legs tomorrow, then another cardio day, then back and tri's on Saturday. It's been another crazy week, and it looks as though I may have to go to work on Saturday!! Wouldn't ya know it, have a long weekend, only to be followed by a short one. :cry:

It's all good though. My life is on track, I am learning new things every day, I am happy, motivated, and enjoying life, living every day for all it has to offer. It's a wonderful thing. Anyways, I'll catch up with y'all in the AM. Take care.

JustinF
09-03-2003, 06:38 PM
What the hell?!?!?!

Ever since I have been eating more calories I am bloody starving!! I used to never be hungry, now that I am eating more I'm hungry! What kinda sense does that make? Is there any explanation for that?

Well doesn't that bite the big one? :(

I will control these pangs!! 4 weeks and counting........

HeatherLF
09-03-2003, 08:45 PM

60 minutes:eek: moderate pace on bike [/B]

Excellent Job!! You've got me impressed now! :)

Mik
09-04-2003, 08:34 AM
Glad to hear things are going so well bro even if you do have to work this weekend. Ah, the price we pay eh?

Cardio junkie! :p

WillKuenzel
09-04-2003, 08:59 AM
I also think you'll notice that cardio also makes you hungrier too.
Increased cardio + increased calories consumed = increased metabolism = hungry

Even cutting pretty good, I've increased calories just slightly and increased meal frequency to help with the hunger pangs.

Wikked1
09-04-2003, 09:06 AM

Excellent Job!! You've got me impressed now! :)
Impressing the wifey NOW that's a great thing!! :thumbup:
Nice cardio and abs session Justin and hey dude it's like I kind of hinted at befreo once you start doing the cardio it gets easier to do it.....60 minutes on the bike well it sounds to me like you're doing awesome bro! :D

HeatherLF
09-04-2003, 02:59 PM
:hello: Hope you have a great workout today..leg day uh-oh!

MWA

JustinF
09-04-2003, 06:24 PM
9/03/03

Training:

Squats
10*185, 6*245, 8*335, 8*335, 20*245

Calf Raises
15*340, 14*430, 15*430

Leg X-tentions Supersetted with Hammie Curls
15*180/17*90, 11*225/10.5*115

That was that

Diet:

Meal 1: 4 eggs (whole), multi-vite

Meal 2: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup oats, 5 FOC's

Meal 3: 1.5 cups mixed veggies, .1 cup chicken, 1 banana, 5 FOC's

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty pb, 2 cans chicken, 1 cup skim milk

Meal 6: 1lb Sirloin tips with caramelized onions :drooling:, 1 small ear of corn

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3487
Fat: 107 959 28%
Sat: 32 288 9%
Poly: 11 97 3%
Mono: 27 246 7%
Carbs: 210 766 23%
Fiber: 19 0 0%
Protein: 415 1658 49%

Maybe a tad too many cals today. I couldn't stop myself with those sirloin tips!!

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

Daily Ramblings:

I'm gonna try to get some decent shuteye tonight, but it's the first game of the season (NFL). :D:D

I'll catch up with y'all in the AM.

Mik
09-04-2003, 07:14 PM
Nice leg day bro! Those squats are lookin great.

I'm getting hungry thinking of those onions and sirloin tips.

midee1
09-04-2003, 08:06 PM

Meal 6: 1lb Sirloin tips with caramelized onions :drooling:, 1 small ear of corn

[/B]

now thems some good eatins there:D

pruneman
09-04-2003, 08:50 PM

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total

[/B]

415 g Protein!! wow!
haha, I told you I'd get in your journal eventually man. :D Workouts are lookin good as usual too!

Coke
09-04-2003, 08:57 PM
Good work with them legs again - keep focused dude so we can explode this fall/winter!

Isaac Wilkins
09-04-2003, 09:00 PM

Diet:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total

Maybe a tad too many cals today. I couldn't stop myself with those sirloin tips!!

Heh, I was actually about to say that it was about damn time you started eating. I bet we could even take your cals higher, but since you're cutting a bit, this looks pretty good.

Xand
09-04-2003, 09:05 PM
Your arm strength is incredible!!!! You're my hero!

Nice clean diet too. Keep it up man, you're looking great.

galileo
09-05-2003, 06:25 AM
6 scoops of whey in your protein shake? :eek: Jesus Christ! I think that my 3 scoops is gratuitous, but you likely weigh about 100lbs more than me, so nevermind...<exits swiftly>

JustinF
09-05-2003, 06:27 AM
Mik- Thanks bro. I'm feeling more comfortable with the squatting every week. I still have a bit of fear with my knee, that's why I'm taking it so slow. I'm thinking I'll do 10lbs a week increments until I'm at a weight that I can only get 4-5 times, then working with that weight till I get about 8 and up the weight after that....

midee- Thanks for checking in bro, it was good eatin!!

pruneman- LOL, that's a lot of protein huh? I think it was like 96grams just in the sirloin tips!! :p Thanks for stopping in!!

Cocoa- Good to se ya back in here. I'm definately focused bro..... I'm already looking forward to next summer, and this one just ended.:D

Borris- I'd be very hesitant at upping my calories again!! It was quite an accomplishment to just get them up this high!! Geez, how many am I gonne need when I finally decide to bulk? :eek:

Xand- Welcome to my journal bro. Thanks for the comments. I hope to be at your strength level someday!! :bow:

JustinF
09-05-2003, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by galileo
6 scoops of whey in your protein shake? :eek: Jesus Christ! I think that my 3 scoops is gratuitous, but you likely weigh about 100lbs more than me, so nevermind...<exits swiftly>

LOL! I only take 2 on non-weight days! Thanks for stopping in bro.

aka23
09-05-2003, 09:05 AM
Nice leg workout. 5 sets of squats including a 20x245 sounds exhuasting.

HeatherLF
09-05-2003, 11:09 AM
1lb Sirloin tips with caramelized onions :drooling:, 1 small ear of corn

:swear: You are eating sirloin tips when I'm slaving away at school and you didn't even save me a bite! Its on :ninja: