PDA

View Full Version : Starting from scratch

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Mik
09-05-2003, 11:22 AM
Woohoo, there's gonna be a gum fight! :shoot:

midee1
09-05-2003, 03:13 PM
Hide the women and children there's going to be some ass whoopin goin on in this here journal

:hide:

JustinF
09-05-2003, 08:15 PM
9/05/03

Training:

45 minutes moderate pace on bike
**Sweat like a pig!! I did the interval program today.

Shrugs
20*225, 12*315, 6.5*405, 12*365 drop to 10*315 drop to 15*225

Seated Lateral Raises
2@10*25lbs

Rear Delt Raises
3@12*25 lbs

OH Press (Machine)
12*180, 6.5*230

Diet:

Meal 1: 4 eggs (whole), 1 cup oats, multi-vite

Meal 2: 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup oats, 5 FOC's

Meal 3: 1 grilled chicken salad, 5 FOC's

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty pb, 1 cup skim milk, 1 banana

Meal 5: 4 scoops whey, 60g dextrose

Meal 6: 11 scrambled eggs (7 whole, 4 whites), 1 cup broccoli, 3 Turkey Burger patties

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2820
Fat: 119 1072 40%
Sat: 35 313 12%
Poly: 10 94 3%
Mono: 26 231 9%
Carbs: 164 567 21%
Fiber: 22 0 0%
Protein: 266 1063 39%

Not too bad I guess, fats were kinda high.

Water: ~1.5 gallons

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

Daily Ramblings:

JustinF
09-05-2003, 08:20 PM
aka- Thanks for the comments bro. It is exhausting, that's why I ended up moving the shoulders to today with the cardio. It was all I could do to drag myself up the steps when I was done. :D

Heather- :moon: Don't hate on me cuz I'm eatin good! You don't like it talk to James!! :p

Mik & Midee- LOL. No fight going down in here. I'm the king in this castle, what I say happens, happen.....

:hide:

HeatherLF
09-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Mik
Woohoo, there's gonna be a gum fight! :shoot:

LOL..maybe we'll have "gum wars" when we are 90 years old! ;)

HeatherLF
09-05-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by midee1
Hide the women and children there's going to be some ass whoopin goin on in this here journal

No whoopin' in here..maybe whippin' though..:whip:
:)

HeatherLF
09-05-2003, 09:34 PM
On a positive note, thought I'd tell ya that I'm very proud of your determination and commitment to reaching your fitness goals luv. You being motivated helps get me motivated. Its all good. :)

Nuttin but luv 4-ya :)

Mik
09-06-2003, 09:18 AM
Awwwwwwww.

*feels all weepy*

That is so beautiful! :p

midee1
09-06-2003, 03:57 PM
:withstupi

I think i'm gonna:cry:

midee1
09-06-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by HeatherLF

No whoopin' in here..maybe whippin' though..:whip:

Sounds like my house. Ya know the whole Mistress Dee thing.;)

:angel: :whip: :angel:

Coke
09-06-2003, 06:33 PM
Hey Bro, lol at the wife and I like her already...and how could I not since you are so great! - :)

pruneman
09-07-2003, 01:00 PM
Well, I don't have any wise A$$ comments right now but I still felt like making an appearance in your journal, so have a little:spam:

JustinF
09-07-2003, 06:32 PM
9/07/03

Training:

Pull Ups (neutral grip)
5+3NEG, 4*3NEG

Pull Downs
10*180, 605*230+3NEG, 5*230+3NEG

BB Rows[/]
8*225, 5*265+1,+1 12*185

[b]DB Rows
15*100's

Dips
+45*14.5, +90*6+2NEG, +70*8 drop to bw*7+2NEG

Skulls SS CG Bench
9*115/15, 8.5*115/15, 6.5*115/10Slow

Diet:

Not posting diet for this weekend. Wasn't bad, probably low in calories though.

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

Daily Ramblings:

I don't know if anybody caught my post in the training forum about me going to be helping my brother out as far as lifting, but today was the first day. A little history in case you didn't read the post. He is my older brother (by 16 months), and he was born with Cerebral Pulsey (a mild case). He approached me about helping him get stronger, build up his right side. For those that don't know. CP is a birth defect where there is a partial paralysis, oe full in some cases. Those with more severe cases are usually confined to wheelchairs, and some cannot speak, etc. Anyway, he has a partial paralysis on his right side, and his right leg is about a half inch shorter than his left one. He looks just like anyone else, he just has a bit of a limp and the left side of his body is stronger than the right (this has gotten better over the years), and I hope to help him moreso.

I guess I hadn't thought about it, because I tried to never let him use it as an excuse for anything growing up (even though he did), but the strength difference from side to side was really apparent today during our session. I kept the weight pretty light for him, just to get used to the motions of the exercises, etc. In any case, I'm pretty damn proud of him for at least taking this first step, and I sicerely hope he sticks with it, time will tell.

Had a good weekend, had to work for almost 11 hours yesterday, but today was all about relaxing and chilling with family. Had my parents over for a BBQ, as well as mr bro, his wife, and my nephew. Was a good time. I was even good with my diet, while everyone else was eating juicy burgers (which I cooked) :drooling: I had chicken breast. Oh well, the price we pay.....

Anyway, that's about it for today. Gonna try to get to bed a little early tonight, I think it's gonna be another hectic week at work. Later y'all.

JustinF
09-07-2003, 06:37 PM
Mik, Midee- This journal used to be HARDCORE! No weepiness or crying in here!!

Wifey- Thanks for the comments. Nuttin but luv back at ya baby. In the future, no more sappy stuff!! I have a reputation to uphold, come in here and call me an asshole or something! :p

Cocoa- Thanks bro. I appreciate the comments, feel free to leave those kind anytime! :D :thumbup:

pruneman- The spam is all good brutha! Good to see ya in here again!

midee1
09-07-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by JustinF
9/07/03

I don't know if anybody caught my post in the training forum about me going to be helping my brother out as far as lifting, but today was the first day. A little history in case you didn't read the post. He is my older brother (by 16 months), and he was born with Cerebral Pulsey (a mild case). He approached me about helping him get stronger, build up his right side. For those that don't know. CP is a birth defect where there is a partial paralysis, oe full in some cases. Those with more severe cases are usually confined to wheelchairs, and some cannot speak, etc. Anyway, he has a partial paralysis on his right side, and his right leg is about a half inch shorter than his left one. He looks just like anyone else, he just has a bit of a limp and the left side of his body is stronger than the right (this has gotten better over the years), and I hope to help him moreso.

I guess I hadn't thought about it, because I tried to never let him use it as an excuse for anything growing up (even though he did), but the strength difference from side to side was really apparent today during our session. I kept the weight pretty light for him, just to get used to the motions of the exercises, etc. In any case, I'm pretty damn proud of him for at least taking this first step, and I sicerely hope he sticks with it, time will tell.

Dude that rates way higher than my adoption. You are truly paving your way for a place inside the pearly gates.:angel:

Awesome tell your bro I wish him luck and he is lucky to have you as a brother and training partner. Now how will you keep both him and Heather in line.:D

rookiebldr
09-07-2003, 11:51 PM
Ace, helping your bro out. That's what real bothers are for. :)

Coke
09-08-2003, 06:01 AM
Nice session ...by the way bro is lucky to have you and I hope that he will keep making improvements too!

Wikked1
09-08-2003, 06:08 AM
Missed a couple days here and what happens? I don't know too much to catch up on.....your brother is one lucky dude to have you for a bro!

HeatherLF
09-08-2003, 07:00 AM
Awesome tell your bro I wish him luck and he is lucky to have you as a brother and training partner. Now how will you keep both him and Heather in line.:D

Funny..his brother will be easy, me not so easy. :)
We're going to have to start chargin' $, the Furbay gym is filling up quickly.

HeatherLF
09-08-2003, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by CoCoa
Hey Bro, lol at the wife and I like her already...and how could I not since you are so great! - :)

AWWW, now your gonna make me :cry:

galileo
09-08-2003, 07:32 AM
Did I hear BBQ? Mmmmm....

d-bol_dale
09-08-2003, 07:34 AM
Looks Like the training is spot on bro. Dnt want to adopt a second little bro do you?

Xand
09-08-2003, 07:40 AM
You're amazing man. Mad props for taking the time to help out your brother. It's all about the family, when all is said and done.

JustinF
09-08-2003, 05:48 PM
9/08/03

Training:

Flat Bench
12*185, 6*225, 4.5*295+1NEG, 10*245+2NEG

Incline Bench
6*235, 13.5*185

Flyes
13*45's, 10*60's, 9*60's

Preacher Curls
15*135, 5+1Help+1NEG*185, 8*165 drop to 8*115+2NEG

Incline Curls
10*45's, 9*45's

Hammer Curls
10*60's, 8*60's, 8*60's

Diet:

Meal 3: 1.5 cups mixed veggies, 1 cup chicken breast, 1 peach, 5 FOC's

Meal 4: 1 large chicken breast, 1.5 cups potato salad

Meal 5: 6 scoops whey, 60g dextrose

Meal 6: 1.5 cups fried brown rice with veggies and lean beef

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3451
Fat: 93 835 25%
Sat: 29 262 8%
Poly: 17 154 5%
Mono: 30 272 8%
Carbs: 291 1073 32%
Fiber: 23 0 0%
Protein: 355 1420 43%

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

Daily Ramblings:

I'll catch up withy'all in the AM. Later.

ectx
09-08-2003, 05:59 PM
I am so glad you didn't join Will, Borris, and me in the race to 315 challenge, otherwise we'd be getting ready to post a "we are JustinF's Bitch" post in general chat. Keep it up man.

As for the CP and weight training...great stuff. The effect weight training has on muscular and neurodegenerative diseases amazes me. A friend of mine has fibro myalgia. Her doctor attributes the slow progression of her disease to her dedication to training. good stuff.

more good stuff: :spam:

hehe

chops
09-08-2003, 06:09 PM
HI HI HI :D

re: your sentiments towards wifey and younger bro: SICKLY SWEET <i'm puking here>

. . .and good of you :)

i gotta say, i'm impressed with you and many of the other men here. while reading journals and relationship threads, i'm learning a whole lot that men aren't evil :D

Mik
09-08-2003, 06:27 PM
Good job on training your bro. He's lucky to have you. Nice session. Bench and flyes are really strong.

We all knoe ec is your bitch even if you don't post a thread. :p

midee1
09-08-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by chops
i gotta say, i'm impressed with you and many of the other men here. while reading journals and relationship threads, i'm learning a whole lot that men aren't evil :D

Were not:confused:

Damn and we try so hard.:evillaugh

JustinF
09-09-2003, 04:28 AM
rookie- Thanks for stopping in bro. I appreciate the comments.

Cocoa- I think he will definately continue to improve, provided he keeps coming. He showed up yesterday too, so he's off to a good start. I figure if I can get him to stay dedicated for a month, enough to start seeing some strength gains, he'll be hooked.

Wikked- Thanks for the appearance brutha! Thanks for the kind comments.

galielo- Yup.....you heard right. C'mon up for the next one!!

d-bol I'm always up for another bro. :D

Xand You'rs absolutely right bro. Family comes #1 in my book.

ectx- I'd be interested on reading some studies if you have any readily available. Thanks for the comments although 315 won't be near as impressive for me since I outweigh y'all by quite a bit.

chops- Welcome to my humble abode. :D Actually, he's my older brother but same difference, I appreciate the comments. All men aren't evil, just most of us. :D :angel:

Mik- Thanks for the comments bro. I appreciate it.

Midee- LOL. Don't give away our secret that it takes work to be evil, it's suppose to come natural!! :D

JustinF
09-09-2003, 06:19 AM
Been thinking about changing up my routine when I start to bulk. I'm probably going to cut until the end of December, then start a fresh, clean, bulk next January. Any suggestions on a routine for max hypertrophy? HST, Westside? I'm open to all suggestions and would like to hear what y'all have had the best results with...

galileo
09-09-2003, 06:23 AM
I may be giving HST a shot. For max hypertrophy, it is likely your best bet.

Wikked1
09-09-2003, 06:46 AM
Nice session Justin......well hell I don't know about splits and all but it's safe to say you could easily become a curl jockey and we don't want that do we? My poor ego couldn't possible take the bruising from reading about 200 lb preacher curls! :D

pruneman
09-09-2003, 06:58 AM
woohoo! A bulk is on the way!

I'm looking forward to this. You are a big guy already...your lifts are going to go through the roof!

Good luck on the rest of your cut bro.

fuzz
09-09-2003, 07:43 AM
For size, HST is the way to go.

Relentless
09-09-2003, 08:28 AM
I'd say give HST a shot

odds are you'll find it annoying (I did)

but also effective (I did)

if yer gonna do it, do it full-on, with proper deconditioning, etc and from what I've learned, the negatives after the 5s is hugely important (I was a dumbass and skipped that part because I work without a spotter)

I was going to start HST this month actually but I have found the first couple of sessions back after injury harder than I'd thought so I want to get back in the groove with plain 'ol hard training and eating like a horse before I muck about too much

you've been cutting for a while now though; I can say with some certainty that 5 months is too long for a cut. I feel pretty depleted (though leaner)... do you think there's a way for you to finish your cut with a 'bang' and maybe get back onto gains for October? Just some thoughts.

JustinF
09-09-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Callahan
you've been cutting for a while now though; I can say with some certainty that 5 months is too long for a cut. I feel pretty depleted (though leaner)... do you think there's a way for you to finish your cut with a 'bang' and maybe get back onto gains for October? Just some thoughts.

Thanks for the info regarding your experience with HST.
In regards to the finishing the cut early, I don't know. My "contest" with Pete in officially over on October 7th. I still don't feel that I am anywhere near where I need to be though. Does that make any sense? I suppose I will never be happy, but I just don't feel like I have accomplished too much with this cut. I haven't weighed myself in a long time, so I don't know where I stand as far as that, I do think I look a little leaner. I will also be taking my measurements for comparison with what they were before the cut. I guess I could cut it early, but I don't know if I'd be happy with myself if I did.....

ectx
09-09-2003, 10:42 AM
ectx- I'd be interested on reading some studies if you have any readily available.

A couple of articles related specifically to strength training and cerebral palsy. Hope this helps. If you can't get the full text let me know and I'll send it to you.

Functional strength training in cerebral palsy: a pilot study of a group circuit training class for children aged 4-8 years. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=12617379&dopt=Abstract)

A systematic review of the effectiveness of strength-training programs for people with cerebral palsy. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=12161840&dopt=Abstract)

JustinF
09-09-2003, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the links ectx. I'll check those out when I get home. Much appreciated.

midee1
09-09-2003, 06:45 PM
Don't worry about the Pm. Whenever you get time.

Don't get in any hurry on my account just read what I'm posting and cuss me about it more. I love it.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

JustinF
09-09-2003, 07:18 PM
9/09/03

Training:

35 minutes on the bike, interval program

Diet:

Meal 3: 1.5 cups mixed veggies, 1 cup chicken breast, 1 peach, 5 FOC's

Meal 4: .75 cup fried brown rice with veggies and beef, 1 can chicken

Meal 5: 2 scoops whey

Meal 6: 1 large grilled chicken stir fry sub

Calories Eaten Today

Too lazy to do fitday today.

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

Daily Ramblings:

Today was ok for me as far as work and stuff. I was a bit unmotivated after coming home from work, I wasn't going to cardio at all, but my partner snapped me out of it. So I did a shorter session, but it was better than nothing. I'm gonna try to catch a bit of sleep, work has been wearing me out lately. I'll catch up with y'all in the AM.

G'night.

HeatherLF
09-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Too lazy to do fitday today.

tuttut

d-bol_dale
09-10-2003, 06:44 AM
Thats some crazy arm strength youve got bro.

Wikked1
09-10-2003, 06:52 AM
The cardio should be making a difference about now for you.......good going "partner" shame him into the cardio! Seeing any changes in the mirror on this cut ??

Mik
09-10-2003, 06:54 AM
I agree with Wikked. Grats on doing the cardio even though you didn't want. I was the same this AM at 6 when my alarm went off to go for a run. Then I looked in the mirror and thought about how I wanted to look. There was no choice, I was out the door.

Relentless
09-10-2003, 07:36 AM

Thanks for the info regarding your experience with HST.
In regards to the finishing the cut early, I don't know. My "contest" with Pete in officially over on October 7th. I still don't feel that I am anywhere near where I need to be though. Does that make any sense? I suppose I will never be happy, but I just don't feel like I have accomplished too much with this cut. I haven't weighed myself in a long time, so I don't know where I stand as far as that, I do think I look a little leaner. I will also be taking my measurements for comparison with what they were before the cut. I guess I could cut it early, but I don't know if I'd be happy with myself if I did.....

well clearly you have to win the contest with count flabula

but AFTER that I reckon you should consider eating healthy-clean-bulk

in the just-under-a-month you have left, my suggestion was that you go all out with a goal to be finished by October 7... shock your body into dropping a few more BF% points with extra cardio, keto-style eating or whatever.

WillKuenzel
09-10-2003, 09:53 AM

I think you could see a considerable amount of changes with a little extra cardio and a slight alteration to the diet. Its good to know you've got a good partner that pushes you when you don't want to. Cardio is a necessary evil and not something I'd ever thought I'd be doing but it definitely makes a big difference.

aka23
09-10-2003, 10:09 AM
I agree with the others about cardio. Cardio improves body composition more than predicted by calorie balance alone. Depending on the type of cardio, it may have significant fat mobilization or repartitioning benefits. It helps regulate your appetite, increases your metabolism, helps maintain muscle (as opposed to dieting without cardio or weights), increases fat burning enzymes so you will be a better fat burner in the future, and changes the body's chemistry in ways that favor reducing body fat (effects insulin, adrenaline, cortisol, and endorphins). In addition cardio has numerous health benefits.

JustinF
09-10-2003, 08:09 PM
9/10/03

Training:

Squats
12*185, 6*225, 4*355, 8*315 Failed on the bottome of 9

Calf Raises
15*360, 12*520, 17*450

Leg X-tentions
12*180, 7*270+1NEG, 12*225+1NEG

Hammie Curls
15*70, 12*115, 5.5*165

Shrugs
20*225, 15*315, 20*100lb dumbells (tired of squishing my balls. I need to buy that trap bar.)

Lateral Raises 10*25's*3

OH Press (machine)
12*180, 9*230, 5.5*250

Diet:

Meal 3: 1.5 cups mixed veggies, .1 cup chicken, 1 peach, 5 FOC's

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty pb, 2 cans tuna

Meal 6: 27 pieces sushi (octopus, eel, tuna, salmon, and shrimp)

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3652
Fat: 70 634 18%
Sat: 21 187 5%
Poly: 9 83 2%
Mono: 16 141 4%
Carbs: 387 1447 41%
Fiber: 25 0 0%
Protein: 357 1430 41%

Macros were way off. :eek:@the total calories!

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

Daily Ramblings:
I had a good session tonight. Went a little bit longer than I wanted too, but that's ok. Today was the toughest day for my brother. He has really bad balance issues when doing squats. But he toughed it out and concentrated on his form. I'm really proud of him, and I really think he's going to stick with this.

I felt good about my squats today. I was a little miffed that I didn't get 10 reps with the 315, not too upset though.

My calories were quite high today, and have been for a week or so now. I definately have more energy during my sessions though.

I have decided that after October 7th, when my cutting contest is up, I am going to go on a bulk. I have yet to determine what kind of split/training I will be using, probably a modfied HST, not sure though. I have to read up more on it. I also need to determine how long to bulk for. I plan to do a VERY clean bulk, as well as keep doing cardio.

Anyways, that's all for now. I'll atch up with y'alls journals in the AM. G'night!!

JustinF
09-10-2003, 08:17 PM
Heather- I know baby. I won't let it happen again. You need to keep that whip handy to keep me in line!! :whip: :angel:

d-bol Thanks for the comments bro. Much appreciated.

Cal- Thanks again for the advice. I'm taking it, after the contest I will embark on a strict, clean bulk. And in the meantime I will probably incorporate both increased cardio as well as a carb depleted diet.

Homie- Thanks for dropping by bro. I hear ya on the cardio thing. Since I have really started I have noticed that I am getting leaner. It's definately a necessary evil, but I'm actually starting to love hating it! :D

Wikked- I **think** that I have noticed some changes. A few people have told me I looked leaner, and one guy told me I looked "skinny" :swear: I almost reverted back to my former mean self and beat his face in. :angel:

aka- As always, thanks much for the advice. I will definately keep up the cardio, even when I start bulking.

HeatherLF
09-10-2003, 09:02 PM
:hello:

d-bol_dale
09-11-2003, 04:31 AM
How do you plan on a clean bulk? This sounds so alien to me. Is it where you provide just enough calories for a maintained anabolic state but without having that surplus so that you get fat. Surely a little bit of fat will come along for the ride? Also roughly what are your macro ratios gonna be. High protein moderate carbs and moderate healthy fats? How much cardio are you gonna keep in to stay lean?

Coke
09-11-2003, 06:27 AM
Pretty good leg day, and the food sessions looking good because you need them cals too bro - ;)

Mik
09-11-2003, 07:12 AM
Nice leg day Justin. You'll get 10 next session. Hats off to your bro for toughing it out. I can imagine how tough squats would be with balance issues. Hell, I have a tough time with them and my balance is fine. Don't let anybody tell you you look skinny. If you are then I wanna be skinny too! Good luck on the bulk. I hope to be doing the same shortly.

And please get that trap bar. I'm tired of reading your sack update first thing in the morning. :)

Wikked1
09-11-2003, 07:26 AM
LMFAO about the skinny remark yeah I'm with Mik I want to be "skinny" like you are! Awesome that it's showing up though!
Squats looked good to me .....looks like a killer leg day. Nice work!
LMFAO about the shrugs.....a number of guys at my guy hold the bar behind their back for shrugs.....I can't do it that way but it keeps other "equipment" from getting in the way. :p :rolleyes:

chops
09-11-2003, 09:52 AM
9/10/03

Diet:

Meal 2: 5 FOC's

Meal 3: 5 FOC's

Meal 4: 2 cans tuna

Meal 6: 27 pieces sushi (octopus, eel, tuna, salmon, and shrimp)

27p!

glad u see u are getting plenty omega 3's :D

cool that both of you eat *real* sushi :). have u tried sea urchin? now that WILL leave me gagging.

if i could only find a place that serves up blowfish....

Xand
09-11-2003, 10:09 AM
As usual your diet and program are on point. I'm really interested in how you're going to modify the HST. Have you ever thought of trying MAX-OT?

Franjipani
09-11-2003, 11:09 PM
Today was the toughest day for my brother. He has really bad balance issues when doing squats. But he toughed it out and concentrated on his form. I'm really proud of him, and I really think he's going to stick with this.

:clap: Congrats !!!

Don't kill him before he has the chance to become addicted hon;). I'm sure it won't take long.....

Glad you were over in cals instead of under though....protein is great but you and Heather need to work on your carb intake:D

JustinF
09-12-2003, 03:15 AM
I will post my journal entries for last nights cardio session as well as tonights back and tri session when I get home. It's going to be a busy one today so I won't be online much. I have to work Saturday too, so in case I don't get to it tonight I should have plenty of time then. I will probably be posting my sessions during the day from here on out instead of the nights as I am trying to adjust my sleep schedule. (I need to get more)

Wifey- :hello: MWA

d-bol That's what I plan to do. Basically I will eat the same as I am now, just much bigger quantities. I still have to sort out total calories, etc. I'm probably gonna start at around 4,000 for a couple weeks and see what happens, then adjust accordingly. Macro's will be probably close to 50%P,30%C,20%F. Something like that, I still need to work it out. Borris if you have any input on any of this my ears are wide open.

Cocoa- Thanks bro. Appreciate it.

Mik- LMAO. Sorry man. :redface: I'll stop posting about my "boys"

Wikked- Thanks for stopping by bro. I'll be definately getting the trap bar, maybe until then I will try the behind the back version. :p

chops- I have tried the sea urchin. I liked it. Probably the most odd one that I have had was live scallop. You could actually see it squirming around on the rice a little bit, and if you sat it on your toungue you could feel in move as well. I've only had it once though.

Xand- I'm not really too sure what I am doing yet. I still have a lot of reading to do. I just did a search on MAX OT seems as though people have had pretty good results with that as well. I went to the website to learn more about it, but you have to sign up and wait for a confirmation email, so I did that. I will consider this as well after I read it over.

Franji- I'm taking it easy on him, for now. :evillaugh I'm proud of him, he has already made it longer than I had at first anticipated. I hear ya on the carbs, usually I do better, but that sushi killed me :angel: I soooo love sushi! :drooling:

JustinF
09-12-2003, 06:03 PM
9/11/03

Training:

Half hour moderate-fast paced interval program on the bike.

Diet:

Meal 3: 1.5 cups mixed veggies, 1 cup chicken, 1 peach, 5 FOC's

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty pb, 2 cans tuna, 2 tbsp lite mayo

Meal 6: 2 large chicken breasts, 1 cup ww pasta, .5 cup tomato sauce

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2961
Fat: 82 738 26%
Sat: 22 194 7%
Poly: 16 140 5%
Mono: 22 197 7%
Carbs: 195 660 23%
Fiber: 30 0 0%
Protein: 355 1421 50%

I think the cals were a touch low, but the macro's are much better.

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

Daily Ramblings:

JustinF
09-12-2003, 06:30 PM
9/12/03

Training:

Pull Ups (neutral grip)
5+3NEG, 4+3NEG

Pull Downs
12*180, 5*230+3NEG, 8*180 (5 seconds up, 5 seconds down)

BB Rows
10*185, 8*245, 12*225

Deadlifts
10*135, 8*225, 6*315, 5*405, 8*365
***These felt good today. I think the week off helped. Really explosive.

Dips
+55*12, +115*5+1NEG, +90*7+1NEG

Neutral Grip CG Bench (machine)
17*180, 12*230, 10*250 drop to 7*180 (tri's were fried)

Diet:

Meal 1: 3 eggs (whole), 1 cup oats, multi-vite

Meal 2: 1 cup oats, 5 FOC's, **forgot to bring a new tub o cochee :swear:

Meal 3: 1.5 cups mixed veggies, 1 cup chicken, 1 peach, 5 FOC's

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty pb, 2 cans tuna, 2 tbsp lite mayo

Meal 6: 12 eggs scrambled (8 whole)

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3334
Fat: 108 971 30%
Sat: 31 281 9%
Poly: 16 140 4%
Mono: 30 272 8%
Carbs: 232 840 26%
Fiber: 22 0 0%
Protein: 353 1411 44%

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

Daily Ramblings:

My sessions as of late are feeling much better. It must be the calorie incease. No "I told you so's", ok? :angel:

I'll be in bright and early to work tomorrow. So, I'm gonna head off and catch some zzzzzzz's now. Have a great night and weekend y'all. I'll catch up with ya later.

EdgarMex
09-12-2003, 07:12 PM
That looks like a pretty good workout, Justin, great strength on the rows and deads.

Coke
09-12-2003, 07:16 PM
Nice session bro, glad to see you got the workout in - :)

d-bol_dale
09-13-2003, 03:29 AM
Nice rowing bro. 405 on the deadlifts! Awesome gonna try some of those today im bloody dreading them

pruneman
09-13-2003, 08:40 AM
Great workout justin. Looks like you've really got yourself on track! Keep up the hard work. BTW...can't wait to see the results of the upcoming bulk.

midee1
09-13-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by pruneman
Great workout justin. Looks like you've really got yourself on track! Keep up the hard work. BTW...can't wait to see the results of the upcoming bulk.

Kinda behind on the journals. Football:D

Michael won last night.:D
Ryan lost today.:mad:

rookiebldr
09-13-2003, 01:03 PM
Nice back and tri day. I hadn't noticed that you were hitting your tris on your back day like myself. :cool: Since I've changed my routine a few months ago, I've really begun to enjoy it.

Nice deadlifting. 5*405 and that's after you've almost fried your back. Have you tested your max on them?

midee1
09-13-2003, 01:27 PM
Hey Justin,

Great work and many thanks for the diet advice. I'm down to 211.5 as of this a.m. This is down from 242.5 in October last year.

31lbs in a year. I think losing it this slow will help me keep it off.(I hope) The fat that is.:D

cphafner
09-13-2003, 02:11 PM
Thats some damn nice deads and dips!

midee1
09-14-2003, 06:24 PM
:windup:

Hey where the hell ya at bro.

JustinF
09-14-2003, 07:23 PM
Just quickly noting that I did cardio and abs on Saturday, and took today as a rest day. Diet yesterday was on point because I had to work,(keep my schedule the same), up until the 20oz steak at the Outback. :drooling:

Diet today sucked, not as in bad food, but as in WAY too low in calories. When I sllep in and run around all day, I find it hard to eat like I should. Oh well, shakes up the 'ol metabolism a bit I reckon. I'll catch up with y'all in the AM. Gonna watch a movie with wifey now. :D Yeah yeah, I know, I should be sleeping, but we only get so much time together as it is, need to make good use of what we do get. :angel:

Night y'all.

JustinF
09-15-2003, 06:34 AM
Cardio was 60 minutes moderate to high paced interval program on the bike, 15.5 miles.

Abs- 3 sets@20 crunches w/35lb plate
3 sets @15 leg lifts
2 sets @20 DB side bends w/45lb dumbells

Static holds- 315lbs @ 38seconds
225lbs @ 67seconds

Question on Static holds, how do y'all do them correctly. I noticed the weight was resting a bit on my quads, so on the second set I gripped it behind my back, but it was resting on my hamstrings. I tried to bend slightly to move the weight off my legs in both positions, but it threw my balance way off. Any suggestions?

I am also STILL waiting on my email from MAX OT. I want to know more about it, to consider all options for my upcoming bulk, but still no email. WTF? Anyone have any info on this that I don't have to wait for?

Coke
09-15-2003, 06:39 AM
Wow, 15.5 miles...
You are really into the cardio thing bro, and the steaks too - :D

JustinF
09-15-2003, 06:57 AM
Edgar- Welcome to my journal bro. Thanks for the comments.

d-bol- Thanks bro. It is an excercise that I love to hate.

P-man Thanks bro, for the first time in a while, I really feel like I have everything in check. I'm also looking forward to the bulk. What do ya think, go till 310-315? :D:D

midee- I haven't tested my max on them, I'm a bit afraid to with the whole back problems that I have been experiencing. I'm gonna take it slow for a while. Great job on the weight loss, with your renewed enthusiasm and diet in check you should see great gains.

cphafner- Thankd bro. I appreciate the comments as always!

Cocoa- What can I say, I am a cardio junky now. And I've ALWAYS been a steak junky!!

Wikked1
09-15-2003, 07:37 AM
SWEET cardio session Justin. 20 oz steak ? :drooling: sounds like the perfect hi protein source to me!

pruneman
09-15-2003, 03:38 PM
guess I did make it to your journal today :D

P-man Thanks bro, for the first time in a while, I really feel like I have everything in check. I'm also looking forward to the bulk. What do ya think, go till 310-315? :D:D

*runs and hides*

That's more than twice my weight!!!
...but 315 sounds good :D

carolinagirl
09-15-2003, 04:54 PM
Bulking is fun.

Mik
09-15-2003, 07:41 PM
Justin, I just checked in and saw you were looking into MAX-OT. Funny enough I started doing this again (well my bastardized version of it anyway). PM me tomorrow and I'll give ya details if you want.

WillKuenzel
09-15-2003, 08:00 PM
Gonna watch a movie with wifey now. :D Yeah yeah, I know, I should be sleeping, but we only get so much time together as it is, need to make good use of what we do get. :angel:

Somethings are just more important, dude. I wouldn't worry about that in the least bit. If my girlfriend was here I don't think we'd be going to sleep either. :angel: :D

Good luck with the Max-OT. I've heard some good things about it from Mik and others. I'll have to keep better tabs of y'all's journals to see how it goes.

HeatherLF
09-15-2003, 08:12 PM
:hello: Keep up the great work. Geez, your almost doing as much cardio as me now!

MWA

JustinF
09-16-2003, 03:19 AM
9/15/03

Training:

Flat Bench
10*185, 6*245, 5*285+1NEG, 10*245+1NEG

Incline Bench
7*235+2NEG, 13*185+2FORCED

Flyes
12*45's, 13*45's

Preacher Curls
15*135, 12*165+1FORCED+1+1FORCED, 14*165+2FORCED, 6*205, 1*225(sloppy)

Incline Curls
10*35's*2 (bi's were fried from inclines, had to drop to 35's)

Hammer Curls
didn't do these, arms were gone.........and still are.

Diet:

Meal 3: 1 cup brown rice, 1 cup chicken breast, 1 peach, 5 FOC's

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty PB, 2 cans tuna

Meal 6: 1 beef (sirloin) kabob, with peppers, onions, 1 all meat kabob :angel:

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3887
Fat: 120 1077 29%
Sat: 36 328 9%
Poly: 15 139 4%
Mono: 34 310 8%
Carbs: 232 858 23%
Fiber: 17 0 0%
Protein: 452 1809 48%

Sleep.

Daily Quote:

Daily Ramblings:
Wow, what a curl jockey day yesterday. I just was feeling them yesterday, so I decided to go all out. My arms feel like lead today. Wifey snapped a few pics of the 205 and 225, but they didn't turn out very good. I may put them up anyways, I don't know. In any case I'm gonna try to get some new ones next week.

Work is busy as usual, but the days fly by so it is alllll good. I'll catch up with y'all a little later today. Hasta!!

JustinF
09-16-2003, 03:29 AM
Wikked- Thanks bro. Definately one of my fave sources of protein, as you can see I had some sirloin kabobs last night! :drooling:

p-man- Glad ya made it bro. LOL, no need to run and hide, I'm a nice guy. I'm thinking 315 sounds good as well. :evillaugh

cgirl :nod: I can't wait!!

Mik- Thanks bro, I'll do that.

Homeskillet- Thanks for stopping by bro. I feel ya, it's definatley more important to spend some quality time, we don't get too much of it with both of our hectic schedules. It's nice to just relax together every now and then.

Wifey- MWA. Thanks baby. I'll never be on your scale as far as the cardio goes. :bow:

rookiebldr
09-16-2003, 05:19 AM
Your preachers are better then my rows!!!!! You curl tons more then I bench! ****, those are damn nice preacher curls. No wonder your bis were wasted.

Anyway, keep up the good work and get some sleep!!! 4 hours? Tis as bad as me.

Wikked1
09-16-2003, 08:03 AM
I am awed by your preacher bench :bow: :bow: Post those pics up anyway bro!! Wish I could say the same thing about work here....it's about the ONLY time that DOESN'T fly by!

Relentless
09-16-2003, 08:33 AM
Question on Static holds, how do y'all do them correctly. I noticed the weight was resting a bit on my quads, so on the second set I gripped it behind my back, but it was resting on my hamstrings. I tried to bend slightly to move the weight off my legs in both positions, but it threw my balance way off. Any suggestions?

I would say that so long as you're not allowing it to sit supported on your legs by leaning away from the weight and taking it on your legs, then it's all good. Basically, like in a powerlifting deadlift you're not allowed to 'hitch' the weight on your legs but it's cool to drag it along.

As an alternative to this, you could try weighted static hangs from an overhead bar... wherever you do chins, just try to hang from the bar for as long as you can. Once you can hang for a minute, start strapping weight to yourself and work up from there. Just be careful to keep your legs straight under you when you hit failure. :)

galileo
09-16-2003, 01:22 PM
I wasn't terribly impressed with Max-OT. If you do it, let me know how it turns out.

JustinF
09-16-2003, 02:45 PM
A few pics, not very good quality. I'll get some next week clearly showing the weight and that my partner isn't helping.

This first one is the very end of the 225lb rep. I'm laughing because I was trying to control the negative, but the negative controlled me. :p (went down real fast, good thing my partner was ready)

JustinF
09-16-2003, 02:49 PM

JustinF
09-16-2003, 03:01 PM
Just a pic, not lifting.

JustinF
09-16-2003, 03:02 PM
last one

HeatherLF
09-16-2003, 03:06 PM
Lookin Good!! :hump:

Oh sorry, I forgot, we can't do that here. :(

EdgarMex
09-16-2003, 03:09 PM
Wow! I don't think I have seen any pics of you before. You're pretty big, no, make that HUGE :)

Great job on those curls. :thumbup: Like Rookie said, your BB curl is a lot bigger than my bench and rows

midee1
09-16-2003, 05:45 PM
Holy **** you are a great big mofo ain't ya.:D

And yes HeatherLF none of that in here tuttut

Remember Hardcore no fluff.

JustinF
09-16-2003, 06:28 PM
9/16/03

Training:

Diet:

Meal 1: 4 eggs (whole), multi-vite

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty PB, 2 cans chicken

Meal 5:

Meal 6: broccoli, peppers, and onions with chicken in cream sauce over 1.5 cups ww pasta

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2623
Fat: 85 766 31%
Sat: 27 241 10%
Poly: 12 106 4%
Mono: 24 217 9%
Carbs: 178 606 24%
Fiber: 26 0 0%
Protein: 280 1120 45%

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:
I was going to do cardio this afternoon, but I decided to listen to my body and take the day off. I will be hitting cardio Thursday and Saturday anyways, if I still feel bad about missing this session I'll bring my bike upstairs and do some cardio while I'm watching NFL Sunday Ticket. :D

Diet was a bit low in calories today. Not too bad though. I'm running out of protein, time to place another order. This stuff is going fast now that 3 people are dipping into my stash!! I think I'm gonna pick up some from this site and see how I like it.

That is all for now, I will be in bed by 9PM tonight. I really need to catch up on some sleep. providing I fall asleep right away, that'll be 7 hours.

I'll catch up with y'all in the AM.
Night.

JustinF
09-16-2003, 06:32 PM
Heather- You can give me the humpy anytime ya want baby! ;) , and thanks for the comments.

Edgar- Thanks for stopping by bro, and for the comments.

Midee- I don't feel very big right now. I am leaner than I was, but it's that body dismorphia crap that we all ave to an extent. When I look at myself I feel like my stomach is huge and my muscles are small. Ah well, we all go through it. After I bulk I'll feel like even fatter. :rolleyes: All part of the journey. :D

cphafner
09-16-2003, 06:32 PM
damn, 225 curls! You're one strong mofo. I wouldn't want to run into you on the gridiron.

Mik
09-17-2003, 03:57 AM
Nice pics bro. You look like you've leaned out since your last pics. Lookin' great. Your chest is looking solid from what I can see with teh wife beater. Looks like some nice definition . Oh, and those curls are uber badass. :evillaugh

Coke
09-17-2003, 05:11 AM
No way bro - you are big and strong with them 225 curls - and don't forget it

the preacher pics are ace as well as the others! - :thumbup:

Xand
09-17-2003, 07:08 AM
Lookin' good man. You've been working your a$$ off.!

aka23
09-17-2003, 09:04 AM
The 225lb curls are very impressive. The pictures look nice and help to understand the setup.

Wikked1
09-17-2003, 09:18 AM
Pics looked great on my system dude! I like the side pads on that preacher bench too!

I'll bring my bike upstairs and do some cardio while I'm watching NFL Sunday Ticket. :cry: :cry:
Way to go on the cardio......
*leaves journal muttering NFL Sunday Ticket*

JustinF
09-17-2003, 07:30 PM
9/17/03

Training:

Squats
6*185, 6*245, 5*355, 14*225

Lunges
10*135, 7*155, 8*115
**Wow. What an absolutely humbling experience. I have never in my life experienced ass DOMS like I have already. I m not looking forward to tomorrow!! On the 7th rep on the second set, I went down but needed asistance getting back up. Wow. I love these but I hate them!!

Machine OH Press
12*180, 8*230

Machine Shrugs
20*360, 15*450, 10*450 drop to 13*360 drop to 14*270

Lateral Raises
12*25's, 7*35's, 7*35's

Rear Delt Raises
12*25's, 8*35's, 9*35's

Diet:

Meal 3: 1 cup brown rice, 1 large chicken breast, 1 peach, 5 FOC's

Meal 6: a large grilled steak tip salad with Kens Lite Ceasar Dressing

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3261
Fat: 79 712 23%
Sat: 23 208 7%
Poly: 8 76 2%
Mono: 15 133 4%
Carbs: 263 960 31%
Fiber: 23 0 0%
Protein: 366 1464 47%

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

Lunges kickes my ass, that is all.

Catch up with y'all in the AM.

fuzz
09-17-2003, 07:34 PM
Nice lunges. I have to give those a try sometime, just to feel the pain everyone is raving about.

JustinF
09-17-2003, 07:36 PM
cphafner= Thanks for dropping by and for the comments, much appreciated.

Mik- Thanks for the comments bro. I do think I have leaned out, I haven't stepped on the scale yet, but I'm feeling pretty good.

Cocoa- Appreciate the comments bro.

Xand- Many thanks bro. I have been busting my ass here as of late. I wish I would've taken the advice earlier about eating more and doing cardio though, I would be a lot closer to where I wanted to be for this cut. Oh well, live and learn...

aka- Thanks bro. What do you mean by "the setup"? My gym layout?

Wikked- Thanks brutha. Much appreciated. It may be a long haul for ya, but you're welcome to join the Sunday festivities. ;)

midee1
09-18-2003, 05:09 AM
Morning J,

Guess if I ever get back to the gym I should try lunges.:(

If only there were about 2-3 more hours in the day.

Wikked1
09-18-2003, 07:22 AM
Appreciate the offer bro maybe I'll get out that way sometime and hook up (just not on BICEP day LMFAO!) Those lunges are great ain't they? :evillaugh "A$$ DOMS" LMFAO not something you want to talk about anywhere but here! Nice session dude!

Relentless
09-18-2003, 07:55 AM
Lunges
10*135, 7*155, 8*115
**Wow. What an absolutely humbling experience. I have never in my life experienced ass DOMS like I have already. I m not looking forward to tomorrow!! On the 7th rep on the second set, I went down but needed asistance getting back up. Wow. I love these but I hate them!!

Heh.

Just be careful about where and how loudly you complain about "how much your ass hurts". People will talk. ;)

Did you also find that your inner thighs got a workout from stabilizing you?

Alke
09-18-2003, 08:28 AM
hey there bro' read the last few pages, good stuff! you got some great strength's going, shows a lot of dedication :thumbup: :thumbup:

luv those forced reps, I am planning on geting a cycle of them into my bulk, just got to get someone who knows how to assist properly on them when the time comes..........

JustinF
09-18-2003, 08:39 AM
Midee- You'll be back at it in no time. Can't stay away forever!

fuzz- I definately am sold on the lunges. My ass is killing me today.

Wikked- Thanks bro. LOL, the ass DOMS is terrible today!! I'm walking like an old man, cardio should be fun tonight!

Cal- LOL. They can say what they'd like, I just may turn into the "Office Linebacker" :evilaugh I didn't notice anything in my inner thighs. I was taking pretty large strides....

Kenn- Thanks for stopping by bro. I love the forced reps, they really push you beyond your "perceived" limits.

Relentless
09-18-2003, 10:40 AM
Cal- LOL. They can say what they'd like, I just may turn into the "Office Linebacker" :evilaugh I didn't notice anything in my inner thighs. I was taking pretty large strides....

"Coz when it's game time, it's PAIN time baby!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Cal

P.S. I actually created a player in my Madden 2004 franchise to play at MLB for the Detroit Lions (which I moved to Toronto to become the Toronto Thunder). Terrible Terry Tate is having an excellent season thus far, crunching quarterbacks like bowls of cheerios. I'm such a nerd. :)

Coke
09-18-2003, 10:45 AM
Sure can feel the heat big bro - you are steppin everything up and we better move out the way for you mang - ;)

galileo
09-18-2003, 11:01 AM
Step up is good.

WillKuenzel
09-18-2003, 11:14 AM
I'm glad you people are catching on to the lunges! :D

And Justin, if that's you in your avatar then I say you better start bulking again! :D

aka23
09-18-2003, 11:39 AM
aka- Thanks bro. What do you mean by "the setup"? My gym layout?

JustinF,
I was curious about the type of preacher curl bench and body positioning because of the large weights being used.

JustinF
09-18-2003, 11:47 AM
Cal- HAHA, that's awesome. TTT is kicking ass! :D LMAO@cruching QB's like bowls of cheerios. I like that.

Cocoa- I'm just trying to keep up with you! :D

galileo-[b] :nod:

[b]Homey- The lunges = pain, I love it. Yup, that's me in the avatar, the bulk starts the second week of October. :D

aka- Gotcha. It's basically just a preacher attachment that goes on the end of that bench. It has handles that you can add weight to and do them that way, but I prefer to use free weights.

EdgarMex
09-18-2003, 12:19 PM
Good job on the lunges, Justin, once you get used to the movement you'll start piling up the weight.

A$$ DOMS are something else. I've been doing lunges for quite a while now and my wife still laughs when she sees me walking like and old man the next day :D

HeatherLF
09-18-2003, 03:33 PM
I'll have to try these lunges on my next leg day.
Have a good workout tonight..and remember NO steak tips for dinner while I'm away at school...unless you save some for me. :)

Mik
09-18-2003, 03:41 PM
Lunges are teh devil. But they are so sweet. And so are steak tips. Save some for me.

HahnB
09-18-2003, 03:43 PM
Impressive curl weight man:eek:

Lunges always kill me too, one of my favorite for legs.

HeatherLF
09-18-2003, 03:43 PM
Oh, one more thing..

Lookin' Sexsay in the new avatar...:hump:

JustinF
09-18-2003, 05:30 PM
9/18/03

Training:

20 minutes on the bike.

**this was killer. With the amount of DOMS in my ass, I shoulda just skipped it, but since I already skipped a cardio session earlier this week, I decided I better do it. It hurt.

Diet:

Meal 3: .75 cup brown rice, 1 large chicken breast, 1 banana, 5 FOC's

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty pb, 2 cans chicken, 1 cup skim milk

Meal 5:

Meal 6: 8 scrambled eggs mixed with 1 can tuna, 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty pb

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3289
Fat: 127 1147 36%
Sat: 35 312 10%
Poly: 16 145 5%
Mono: 35 315 10%
Carbs: 204 715 23%
Fiber: 26 0 0%
Protein: 322 1287 41%

I may have some cottage cheese before bed.

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

My ass still hurts. :cry:

That is all. :D:D

JustinF
09-18-2003, 05:34 PM
Edgar- Thanks bro. I hope you're right cuz I feel like a wuss with those weights I'm using.

Mik- No steak tips tonight, but if I would've had some I'd have saved some for ya...............honest................:angel:

Hahn-Welcome to my journal. Thanks for the comments bro, much appreciated.

Wifey- Thanks baby.;)

midee1
09-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Ass doms are the worst ain't they.:D

EdgarMex
09-18-2003, 06:00 PM
You should have seen me when I started doing them, I was almost killing myself using only the oly bar. Now I'm up to a whooping 125 lbs. :D

JustinF
09-18-2003, 06:14 PM
Just fooling around with photoshop. I don't have any instructions, just messing around to see what it can do.

midee1
09-18-2003, 06:17 PM
Cool pic reversal man.

Looks kinda like a pencil drawing.:thumbup:

Coke
09-19-2003, 05:13 AM
I ought to try them lunges too bro...what do you think? - :D

...that photoshop is no joke mang - :)

cphafner
09-19-2003, 06:09 AM
Lunges
10*135, 7*155, 8*115

A typical reaction to these:) They are a killer but they work. The only thing that scares me is that I have to do them in the middle of my gym, and if I don't come up, there is nothing there to save me.

aka23
09-19-2003, 08:27 AM

Lunges
10*135, 7*155, 8*115
I had a similar experience when I started doing lunges. However, after a few sessions I no longer felt DOMS in my glutes.

Originally posted by cphafner
A typical reaction to these:) They are a killer but they work. The only thing that scares me is that I have to do them in the middle of my gym, and if I don't come up, there is nothing there to save me.
If you are concerned about not being able to come back up, one option is to do rear lunges in the smith machine. There is less need for balance, so you can take larger steps and go deeper. These larger steps emphasize the glutes even more than regular forward lunges.

Wikked1
09-19-2003, 08:37 AM
I don't have any instructions, just messing around to see what it can do WHA? Bootleg software? :evillaugh Photoshop is a decent piece of software! Enough work and you could photo shop your very own 6 pack but ain't no fun in that! Ass DOMS it just sounds WRONG....we need a code word or slang that gives it a far more masculine sound.

galileo
09-19-2003, 10:16 AM
Code word: "the ec's"
Usage: After all those lunges, I got a case of the ec's!
Origin: Since ectx is a joto, his ass is always sore from penetration, therefore having "the ec's" would refer to having a sore ass.

Mik
09-19-2003, 10:16 AM
That's a cool pic Justin. I'll have to try that.

JustinF
09-19-2003, 07:18 PM
9/19/03

Training:

Pull Ups (neutral grip)
*6, *4+2NEG, Wide Grip *2:mad:+2NEG

BB Rows
10*185, 6*265, 10*225

DB Rows
10*100 drop to 10*60's 1 set

Deadlifts
8*225, 5*315, 2.5*455 (PB), 4*405

Dips
+55*10, +115*4.5+1NEG, +90*8+2NEG

Skulls SS with CG Bench
10*115, 10*115+1Forced
**these felt really weak

Diet:

Meal 2: 1 cup oats, 1 cup cottage cheese, 5 FOC's,

Meal 3: 1 large turkey sub( I know), 5 FOC's

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty pb, 2 cans tuna, 5 whole eggs

Meal 6: 27 pieces sushi

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 4055
Fat: 106 954 24%
Sat: 29 263 7%
Poly: 12 109 3%
Mono: 25 221 6%
Carbs: 472 1769 45%
Fiber: 30 0 0%
Protein: 295 1179 30%

:eek: Damn sushi. Almost 1000 calories in that alone, and almost 200g of carbs!!

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

I have to go into work early again, so I'll catch up with y'alls journals in the AM.

Dedicated
09-19-2003, 07:22 PM
What is a nuetral grip for pullups just basically shoulder width? Nice power on the rows too you rock.

JustinF
09-19-2003, 07:25 PM
Edgar= But you are progressing on them, and taht's what counts! :thumbup

Midee- I *heart* ass DOMS!! That pic does look like a drawing, it's pretty cool.

Cocoa- Do those lunges bro, you don't know what you're missing!!

aka- Good to know the ass DOMS will subside. I kinda like it tough! :eek:

galileo- It is now official, from here on out I will have the "ec's" :D

Wikked- Shhhhhh!! I "lost" the instruction. I musta thrown them out with the box. :p

Mik- Thanks for checkin' in!!

JustinF
09-19-2003, 07:27 PM
Dedicated- I don't think you've been in here before, so welcome. Yes, neutral grip is palms facing each other, shoulder width apart.

pruneman
09-20-2003, 04:36 AM
nice workout justin. i am now a big fan of pullups! LMAO at the PWO shake. Only a real man can take 6 scoops of whey at once like that :D

Keep up the hard work bro.

Coke
09-20-2003, 05:23 AM
Nice session bro, the diet looks good too - :thumbup:

Mik
09-20-2003, 08:38 AM
Nice deads Justin! Grats on the PB.

HeatherLF
09-20-2003, 03:08 PM
:clap: Excellent job on the PB's! 27 pieces of Sushi!! How many will you eat when you start the bulk again!!

midee1
09-20-2003, 03:52 PM
:clap: Excellent job on the PB's! 27 pieces of Sushi!! How many will you eat when you start the bulk again!!

Sushi fears JustinF:evillaugh

Franjipani
09-21-2003, 02:17 AM
I set a PB on the deads. :clap:

Congratulations.....thats BRILLIANT:thumbup: :thumbup:

Ohh and that pencil drawing pic looks wonderful...I really love the effects...but as Heather said....your avatar does look terrific and you really have leaned out heaps :D..

Whatever you are doing.....stick to it like GLUE;)

JustinF
09-21-2003, 10:52 AM

Sushi fears JustinF:evillaugh

Nope not the sushi, the sushi maker!! I can see the fear in his eyes when me and my partner walk in!! :evillaugh

JustinF
09-21-2003, 10:56 AM
Worked yesterday for 11 hours, didn't do cardio.

I will bring the bike upstairs and do cardio while watching football later this evening.

Went out to dinner and a movie, minus the movie last night. Heather and I talked too long during dinner and missed the start time, so we went to Blockbuster to rent a movie, but I didn't even make it that far when we got home, I was exhausted and fell asleep in the recliner. Maybe we'll watch it tonight after football.

That's about it for now, gotta run out and get groceries before the games start. I'll update more thoroughly tomorrow, and check in with everyone's journals. Enjoy the rest of your weekends! :thumbup:

Bruteman
09-22-2003, 05:12 AM
Just playing journal catch up. You are truly doing awesome on your cut! ElP doesn't have a chance :p . LOL at you and sushi. I can see it now, Headline News will have a story about how all the sushi in Mass. has mysteriously dissapeared!

Have a good one bro'!

Wikked1
09-22-2003, 06:42 AM
Great work on the DEADS! SUSHI WTF is in that stuff that puts the calories and carbs so over the top dude......HOLY SMOKES....I may need to research this for days when I run short on cals!
11 hour saturdays ........damn that's cruel & unusual punishment!

galileo
09-22-2003, 08:34 AM
Nothing better than sushi and personal records. I would eat 2lbs of salmon sashimi if it didn't cost so ****ing much.

ericg
09-22-2003, 02:38 PM
Dam man you have been busting some ass since i have been away. AWESOME work keeping everything in motion man. Pics are looking awesome, i love the killer/pissed off look you have - people say i have that same look. We could be twins, like the danny devito/arnold movie. haha. keep up the hard work man!!

JustinF
09-22-2003, 05:51 PM
I'll update this with my journal entryafter I eat dinner. I'm just going to post the pictures that I promised last week with the 225 in better light.

JustinF
09-22-2003, 05:52 PM

JustinF
09-22-2003, 05:53 PM

Mik
09-22-2003, 05:53 PM
:eek: OMG, I think I saw a monster! Nice work bro.

Alke
09-22-2003, 05:56 PM
uhm.......................nice pics bro' thats an impressive lift!

do you always use the inside grip of the preacher bar, or do you vary the grip form session to session?

ectx
09-22-2003, 05:58 PM
*delivers Curl Jockey Medal*

As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey.

Those curls look scary man. Crazy man. Btw, looking big and lean in that avatar! Very impressive.

HahnB
09-22-2003, 06:00 PM
Those pics really put your strength into perspective!:eek:

JustinF
09-22-2003, 07:40 PM
9/22/03

Training:

Flat Bench
10*185, 5*245, 5*295+1NEG, 12*245+1HELP+1NEG

Incline Bench
8*235+1HELP+1NEG, 9*2251HELP

Flyes
12*45's, 6*45's*****, 15*45's
*****My brother bumped into me on the way down on my 6th rep. :swear: My shoulder hurts. :mad: (not a good hurt)

Preacher Curls
15*135, 3*225+2HELP+1NEG(PB), 6*205+1NEG

Incline Curls
15*35's, 12*45's, 10*45's drop to 15*25's follwed immediately by Hammer curls 5*45's
**My bi's hurt. :D ( a good hurt)

Diet:

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty PB, 2 cans tuna

Meal 6: 1 cup brown rice, 2 cups mixed veggies, 1 cup chicken (stir fry)

Calories Eaten Today

Fitday appears to be not working so I will edit this tomorrow.

Sleep.

[b]Daily Ramblings:
Good session overall. My shoulder is in some pain from the DB Flye situation. Dammit. Hopefully nothing too serious. I'm gonna hit the sack now, actually watch some of the game through half open eyelids. :D

Catch up with y'alls manana.

JustinF
09-22-2003, 07:51 PM
Bruteman- I appreciate the kind words. I wouldn't count ElP out though, he's been pretty quiet here as of late, I think he may be trying to hide something!

Wikked- LOL@ the sushi comment. The carbs and cals come all from the rice I think.

Galileo- I hear ya, the stuff is damn expensive. Thanks for the props.

eric- I have been busting my ass bro, re-dedicated myself. LOL@ the pissed off look comment. If only people really knew I was a nice guy! :D I'm starting a bulk the 2nd week in October, I can't wait!

Franji- Thanks much!! I'm not doing anything special just taking everyones advice that I should have been doing long ago, and actually using it and sticking to it! :D

Mik- Thanks much bro!

Kenn- I always use the inside grip.. for some reason if I grap it out more it puts a lot of stress on the outside of my forearms.

ectx- :bow:'s in honor. Many thanks bro, I appreciate the kind words! **humbly accepts medal**

Hahn- Thanks bro. I appreciate it.

rookiebldr
09-22-2003, 10:44 PM
What they said.

Damn, that curling is impressive. :bow:

Coke
09-23-2003, 05:29 AM
Just got in and saw the pics- :thumbup: ...you are over the top bro!

galileo
09-23-2003, 06:46 AM
Now, let's see you do a 255lb dumbbell kickback.

pruneman
09-23-2003, 06:51 AM
just saw the pics...dude you're a beast!

Wikked1
09-23-2003, 06:55 AM
Pics lookin' Ace dude! Grats on the Top Curl Jockey award I'm sure the medal is in the mail. Wasn't much of a game last night best way to watch it was through closed eyelids!

aka23
09-23-2003, 08:02 AM
Nice work with the preacher curl PB. The pics look very impressive.

d-bol_dale
09-23-2003, 01:21 PM
Crazy curling bro. As for galileo's challenge of a 225lb dumbell kickback I would prefer to see a 225lb lying l flye to strengthen those rotator cuffs. Awesome nontheless bro keep it up.

midee1
09-23-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by rookiebldr
What they said.

Damn, that curling is impressive. :bow:

Damn impressive man!

carolinagirl
09-23-2003, 06:33 PM
Heather, close your eyes.

Justin, your new avatar is :hump:.

You can look again now, Heather. :p

JustinF
09-24-2003, 03:51 AM
9/23/03

Training:

45 minutes on the bike.

I had it set on the constant uphill program today. It hurt, and I was drenched.

Abs
Crunches- 1@25*25lbs 1@15*35lbs 1@10*35lbs

Leg up hold- 2 sets no time
**I just layed on the floor and put my legs up and held them there. didn't record any time. These hurt.

Diet:

Meal 3: 1 cup brown rice, 1 large chicken breast, 1 banana, 5 FOC's

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty pb, 2 cans tuna, 1 cup skim milk

Meal 5: ------

Meal 6: 14oz steak. 1 cup cheddar mashed potatoes. **call it a refeed. :p**

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3330
Fat: 133 1198 38%
Sat: 40 362 11%
Poly: 14 129 4%
Mono: 45 405 13%
Carbs: 181 644 20%
Fiber: 20 0 0%
Protein: 336 1345 42%

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

I will be posting my sessions in the morning from now on. I don't get too much time as it is with wifey with the hours that we both work, so I will be spending that time that I used to spend online with Heather.

I am taking the day off of work next Monday, probably gonna go hiking. I can't wait for that.

That's all.

JustinF
09-24-2003, 03:59 AM
rookie- Thanks bro. I appreciate it, really.

Cocoa- Thanks for the constant suppport. You still a member of the WBBB club?

galileo- That's coming bro. Mark my words. I will do it!! :p

pruneman- LOL. Thanks bro. That's what my little sis calls me, the "beast"

Wikked- Thanks bro. Glad to hear I didn't miss anything, I didn't even half watch it, I was out!!

aka- Thanks much bro.

d-bol- Thanks brutha. ****, the 60lbs is crazy hard for flyes!! 225?? :eek:

midee- I appreciate it.

c-girl :redface: thank you.

The support that you guys/gals bring is really amazing. The motivation, insane. Thanks to you all. Between the support that I get in my personal life,(Heather, Family, Friends) and all of you who frequent my journal and motivate me, I am a very blessed man.

midee1
09-24-2003, 04:04 AM
:cry:

He's getting all sappy on us.;)

Any time man any time. You deserve it.;)

ericg
09-24-2003, 05:53 AM
Diet is looking great man - gotta love those mashed tators - yummy. Good job sticking with the cardio and good luck with you leg session!! Kick some ass man!!

Mik
09-24-2003, 07:13 AM
I agree with eric. Those taters are making me hungry along with that steak. Mmmmmmm. Nice cardio session bro. Keep up the good work.

Wikked1
09-24-2003, 07:20 AM
I don't get too much time as it is with wifey with the hours that we both work, so I will be spending that time that I used to spend online with Heather. Wise choice don't look now but you're on the road to being domesticated bro! Nice work on that bike! Anybody working on a code word for ASS doms yet? With all the lunging going on I think it may be a common problem! Taking a Monday off........"PRICELESS" :thumbup:

JustinF
09-24-2003, 08:42 AM
midee- Thanks bro. It's not sappiness dammit, don't make me get pissed!! :swear: :P

eric, mik- Thanks fellas, the taters were great, but I'd eat double the steak in trade for the taters any day!!

Wikked- Domesticated? NEVER!!! :hide: If you look a bit back in the journal, we already have a code name:

Originally posted by galileo
Code word: "the ec's"
Usage: After all those lunges, I got a case of the ec's!
Origin: Since ectx is a joto, his ass is always sore from penetration, therefore having "the ec's" would refer to having a sore ass. :eek:

galileo
09-24-2003, 10:17 AM
I have the ec's today. Ugh.

HeatherLF
09-24-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by carolinagirl
Heather, close your eyes.

Justin, your new avatar is :hump:.

You can look again now, Heather. :p

tuttut.....

j/k :)

HeatherLF
09-24-2003, 06:59 PM
MWA..thats all. :)

midee1
09-24-2003, 07:04 PM
MWA

:confused: or should I even ask.

JustinF
09-25-2003, 04:29 AM
I took yesterday off. I will be doing legs and shoulders tonight. Diet was on point and I went to bed early last night, ~7 hours of sleep. :D

I'll catch up with y'alls journals later today.

JustinF
09-25-2003, 04:29 AM
MWA

:confused: or should I even ask.

It's a kiss.

Mik
09-25-2003, 07:26 AM
I went to bed early last night, ~7 hours of sleep. :D

Bed early? 7 hours sleep?

Justin where are you. What have you done with Justin? :p

Wikked1
09-25-2003, 08:00 AM
ec's Ok understood I must have missed that one....damn!
Bro I'm telling you be on the lookout I'll start a thread out there...."Top 10 signs of Domestication......... it CAN happen to YOU" :D But I think you're safe for a little while.

JustinF
09-25-2003, 11:17 AM
Mik- LMAO. I was mad tired yesterday, soon as I was done eating I hit the sack. I feel good today though, I should have plenty of energy for legs tonight.

Wikked- Never happen bro. That "d" word is not in my vocabulary! :p

Budiak
09-25-2003, 02:22 PM
Remember Mr. Domesticato, freedom is only a slap in the mouth away.

HeatherLF
09-25-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Budiak
Remember Mr. Domesticato, freedom is only a slap in the mouth away.

:bash: Don't make wifey get rowdy up in here!

JustinF
09-25-2003, 07:18 PM
9/25/03

Training:

Squats
10*135, 5*225, 10*335(PB), 20*245

Lunges
10*155, 9*135, 10*135

Machine OH Press
12*180, 8*250, 10*200

Lateral Raises
12*25's, 8*35's

Rear Delt Raises
12*25's, 8*35's

Diet:

Meal 3: 1 cup brown rice, 1 large chicken breast, 1 peach, 5 FOC's

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty pb, 1 cup skim milk

Meal 6: Large Subway Turkey Sun, extra turkey

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 3187
Fat: 74 663 21%
Sat: 23 204 7%
Poly: 7 59 2%
Mono: 14 122 4%
Carbs: 339 1257 41%
Fiber: 25 0 0%
Protein: 291 1165 38%

Diet was absolute **** today. :mad:

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:
That is all, going to bed now. Catch up with y'alls in the AM.

JustinF
09-25-2003, 07:20 PM
Budiak- No doubt.

Wifey- Don't be frontin' just cause you're behind a computer. You know who rules this house!! :hide: :p

Mik
09-25-2003, 07:20 PM
Nice session bro. Those high rep squats and teh lunges will have ya hobbling tomorrow. :D Damn nice shoulder presses.

EdgarMex
09-25-2003, 07:22 PM
Wikked- Never happen bro. That "d" word is not in my vocabulary! :p

Yet, my friend, not YET. :D

EdgarMex
09-25-2003, 07:27 PM
Wifey- Don't be frontin' just cause you're behind a computer. You know who rules this house!! :hide: :p

Guess who's sleeping on the couch tonight

JustinF
09-25-2003, 07:29 PM
Not me!! I'm in bed first. Heather has school tonight. Probably tomorrow though! :p

JustinF
09-25-2003, 07:30 PM
OK I'm really going to bed now..

midee1
09-25-2003, 07:47 PM
OK I'm really going to bed now..

liar:p

JustinF
09-26-2003, 03:41 AM

liar:p

I never lie.

JustinF
09-26-2003, 03:43 AM
I have a wicked case of the ec's today. :(

Bruteman
09-26-2003, 06:02 AM
Nice leg and delt day! Hope the ec's aren't too bad. I noticed you've been doing lateral raises, I take it they don't bother you anymore?

Coke
09-26-2003, 06:07 AM
Good work bro! - :thumbup:

JustinF
09-26-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Bruteman
Nice leg and delt day! Hope the ec's aren't too bad. I noticed you've been doing lateral raises, I take it they don't bother you anymore?

I still get that nasty twinge like it's going to pop again. I am keeping the weight low and concentrating on strict form. My front and rear delts are starting to dwarf the middle, so I have to take the chance at pinching the nerve again. Yeah, yeah, I know.... :whiner:

Wikked1
09-26-2003, 07:03 AM
Nice squats dude.....I don't know how you manage to grind out those 20 rep squats but they are great! Nice OH presses as well.
No more "D" word talk from me dude....unless I see some symptoms appearing of course :D

HeatherLF
09-26-2003, 12:10 PM
Nice leg session as always. :) Careful of the knee would ya!

Budiak
09-26-2003, 05:24 PM
Damn, Justin. I sprained my ankle a while ago and I tweaked my knee with it, now I'm scared to ever do squats again. I suppose I should just wrap the ****ers up from now on, even after it's healed.

Do you wrap?

JustinF
09-26-2003, 05:59 PM
9/26/03

Training:

Pull Ups (neutral grip)
*6, +25*2.5+2NEG, +25*2.25+1NEG

DB Rows
15*100's, 12*100's

Deadlifts
10*225, 5*315, .75*500, .5*500 :swear:

Dips
+55*12, +115*8, +90*7.5, BW*18

Pressdowns
12*135, 10*145

Diet:

Meal 2: 1 cup oats, 1 cup cottage cheese, 5 FOC's,

Meal 3: 1 cup brown rice, 1 large chicken breast, 1 apple, 5 FOC's

Meal 6: TBD

Will edit after dinner

Sleep.
____________________________________________________6 hours

Daily Ramblings:

Now that I got that out. I was soooooooooo close to the 500lbs. I just couldn't lock it out. I could taste it!! Man!! How disappointing. I was sure I would get it the second go-around. Ah well. Such are the trials and tribulations....

JustinF
09-26-2003, 06:06 PM
Wikked- Sounds good bro. No more "d" talk up in here!!

Wifey- You know I'm careful. I don't need to be blowing it out again.

Budiak- I do ot use wraps. As my weights get heavier I may consider it due to my already messed up ankle and knee. I was extremely hesitant to ever do squats again after I messed up my knee severly last season. I swallowed my pride, concentrated on keeping strict,perfect form, and started again. The weight has been going up steady. I do still have that worry buried way in the back of my mind though, that one day in the middle of a set it's just going to give out on me. And the doc says if that happens again it'll mean surgery. (no cartlilege left in my knee, and previously torn MCL and sprained ACL)

Saint Patrick
09-26-2003, 06:32 PM
Nice rowing JustinF

Coke
09-27-2003, 04:39 AM
Good session as always, the deadlifts are simply unreal bro - :)

Bruteman
09-27-2003, 05:28 AM
Those dips are awesome man, and it still amazes me that you do pullups at your size! Nice job! You'll get that 500 next time for sure.

d-bol_dale
09-27-2003, 06:45 AM
500lbs next week no problem bro. I tried deadlifting but it took to much time to load and unload the friggin bar

pruneman
09-27-2003, 01:00 PM
looks like i missed a few good workouts. Nice pullups bro. BTW you got me hooked on the weighted pullups. Keep up the hard work. :D

ericg
09-29-2003, 06:07 AM
Crazy lbs ont he squats man. The 500lb DL wil be yours in no time man!! Nice work with the chins. Weighted chins kick ass.

Wikked1
09-29-2003, 07:17 AM
Sweet looking dips bro! Don't sweat the DL you'll get it next time no problem!

fuzz
09-29-2003, 08:43 AM
Nice deads, Justin - you'll get 500 in no time.

Mik
09-29-2003, 09:14 AM
500 is yours foo! Nice work bro.

galileo
09-29-2003, 04:33 PM
Magical dips. Magical!

midee1
09-29-2003, 07:23 PM
Been away for awhile so here's some:spam: to grow on.

Keep up man.:thumbup:

JustinF
09-30-2003, 07:14 AM
Had a good 3 day weekend. Lots of relaxing, a little hiking. It was fun. Spent some much needed catch-up time with Heather. It was a good time.

Didn't work out at all, so I'll be a day behind with my sessions this week. I'll be doing some cardio tonight, then Chest and Bi's tomorrow. This Sunday marks the end of my cut, and I'll be posting pictures with my updated measurements. That is all...

JustinF
09-30-2003, 07:25 AM
Well I had comments typed out to all of you, but my damn coputer froze. Thanks to you all for the comments!

Mik
09-30-2003, 07:42 AM
Oh sure, we take the time to type out heartfelt comments and encouragement and we get a GENERIC reply? Bah!

Just kidding. Sounds like a good weekend Justin and some much needed quality time. Lookin' forward to the pics bro.

Wikked1
09-30-2003, 07:59 AM
Looking forward to your next post dude. Seems like you made some awesome progress with your cut and for a while there you were looking like a cardio whore!

HeatherLF
09-30-2003, 10:10 AM
Our long weekend is over. :cry:

ericg
09-30-2003, 10:12 AM
Sounds like a nice weekend - well needed and deserved! Hope you obtained your goals as far as your cut is concerned. What are your plans after Sunday??

WillKuenzel
09-30-2003, 11:39 AM
WooHoo!!! Another cut ends! Let the bulking begin!! :D :D :D

JustinF
09-30-2003, 08:12 PM
9/30/03

Training:

1 hour on the bike.

Interval program, mid-high intensity, 15.9 miles

Abs
crunches- 35lbs*25*3

DB Side bends- 25*60's, 20*60's*2

Leg Lifts- *20, *15

Diet:

Meal 3: 1 cup brown rice, 1 large chicken breast, 1 apple, 5 FOC's

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty pb, 2 cans tuna, 1 cup skim milk

Meal 6: 10oz swordfish steak, .5 cup pasta salad with veggies

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2919
Fat: 100 903 32%
Sat: 24 212 8%
Poly: 19 175 6%
Mono: 30 266 10%
Carbs: 157 556 20%
Fiber: 18 0 0%
Protein: 331 1326 48%

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:

JustinF
09-30-2003, 08:17 PM
Mik- LOL. Sorry bro, I'll never let that happen again.

Wikked- I'll still be a cardio whore. I didn't make near the rogress I should have because I procrastinated so long. Kinda pisses me off, but I won't survive if I cut for another month.

Wifey- :nod: :cry:

eric- I did not achieve the goals that I wanted, but I don't think I did terrible for two months time. I'll let y'all be the judge on Sunday... After Sunday.... a bulk. I'll get into that in my next post.

Homey- Damn straight. Though I am nowhere near where I should be on this cut, I need to bulk.

JustinF
09-30-2003, 08:35 PM
OK, here's my plans for the bulk, as well as some questions. I plan on following the Max-OT "theory". I say theory and not program because there are some exercises I cannot do from home. The first thing that threw me off was the author talking about upper, mid, and lower chest. WTF is that about? Anyways, I plan to do a 3 day split with 2-3 days of cardio on the off days.

Monday- Back, Biceps, and Forearms
Deadlift- 2sets@ 4-6
BB Rows-2sets@4-6
PullUps- 2sets@4-6

BB Curls- 2@4-6
DB Curls- 2@4-6

BB Wrist Curls- 2@4-6
Static Holds- 2@timed

Wednesday-Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Flat BB Bench- 3@4-6
Incline BB Bench- 2@4-6
Weighted Dips- 2@4-6

Military Press- 2@4-6
DB Side Laterals- 2@6-8
BB Shrugs- 2@4-6

Skull Crushers- 2@4-6
Tri Extensions- 2@4-6

Fiday- Legs, Calves
Squats- 3@4-6
Lunges- 2@4-6
Calf Raises- 3@6-8

****These are all at a weight that I can lift a minimum of 4 reps but no more than 6. Very high intensity. Cardio and abs will be done on off days/weekend.

Any suggestion/comments on this will be much appreciated. Only thing to me is leg day looks kinda light, but with that much weight/intensisty, I don't know. I'm also a bit hesitant to go too heavy with lunges.

I plan to follow the routine for 16 weeks and see what happens, and adjust accordingly. I also plan to vary exercises every other week or so, or at least the order in which I do my exercises.

I will be starting off at around 3500 calories. I bought some calipers that should be here by week end, to track my BF, and I will also monitor my weight on a weekly basis. I plan to bulk the right way this time, not just eating anything that I feel.

Again, looking forward to y'alls input. Catch up with ya in the AM.

Mik
10-01-2003, 04:26 AM
Looks pretty solid Justin. I noticed the same thing with leg day. What about adding some SLDLs or leg curls in there? The other comment I would make is maybe adding another set of rows and/or pullups. The reason I say this is you're doing more sets for chest than back. This may be because I don't consider deads a true lat ex. Just my $0.02 but what do I know. I think you'll like MAX-OT. Good luck with it.

Coke
10-01-2003, 05:40 AM
What you have proposed is cool biggest bro, give it a go!

...you may want to add shrugs and rear delts in with back, there are several ways you can go with this one. - ;)

Bruteman
10-01-2003, 05:53 AM
Glad to hear you had a good weekend. The workout looks good to me. Like Mik said, you might want to add some SLDL's. Also, since pullups are so tuff you might want to do them first on back day.

Wikked1
10-01-2003, 07:50 AM
Nice day of whoring on the bike Justin. The new routine looks like a good one. My theory is to always give it a try exactly how it's written for a couple weeks and then see how I feel. If I feel like I am missing something or I can do more I add it but with pounds you'll be looking at I'm saying just try it as prescribed before adding anything. It looks like it could be very taxing! Good luck with it.....now let's have those stats from the cut bro!

JustinF
10-01-2003, 08:28 AM
Mik- I was actually thinking about the SLDL's, but thought it may be a tad too much with the regular deads on back day. Maybe the leg curls though. I will be doing 3 sets of both the deadlift and rows, I typed that in wrong.

Cocoa- This is basically a mass building program, so I'm not going to worry too much about each head of the delts. I have the shrugs in on shoulder day.

Bruteman- I think I'll take that advice about the pullups since that is after all my bastard lift. Thanks for dropping by.

Wikked- That sounds like a reasonable plan to me. But I think to start I will add leg curls. Three exercises just doesn't seem to be enough, although I may be telling a different story after my first session. I'll be putting up the stats and pics from the cut on Friday night or Saturday morning. I have a feeling they won't be too exciting. :rolleyes:

JustinF
10-01-2003, 08:53 AM
Another Question:

This is from the Max-OT program:

What is "Positive-Failure"?

Positive failure is when a set is performed to the positive limit of muscle exhaustion. In other words, you are done with a set when you are no longer able to complete a rep on your own. This positive-failure should occur between the fourth and sixth rep. Max-OT does not employ forced reps beyond maybe partial help on the last rep of a set.

Contrary to what most have been led to believe, forced reps are counter productive to building muscle. They artificially fatigue the muscle, deplete muscle energy stores, and produce non-progressive overload just to name a few.

How many times have you seen people in the gym training and one guy's spotting another and yelling in his face to do two more reps when he really should have stopped two reps ago. Do not do forced reps.

I understand what postitive failure, I have always employed negatives, or forced reps in my routines. I don't understand his reasoning for not doing them. Am I missing something? I understand why you wouldn't want to do them on the first or second set, but why not on the last?

aka23
10-01-2003, 09:18 AM
Again, looking forward to y'alls input. Catch up with ya in the AM.

The split looks pretty solid. It resembles the type of Pull/Push/Legs type of split I follow. I agree with the others about possibly adding a hamstring exercise. Ab or rear delt exercises are also options. They are not essential since you would work these body parts indirectly with several of the other exercises. I hope the program works well for you.

JustinF
10-01-2003, 04:54 PM
10/01/03

Training:

Flat Bench
12*185, 6*225, 1*285, 4*315, 3*315, 3.5*300

Incline Bench
6*245, 6*265, 4.5*265

Preacher Curls
12*135, 6.5*205, 10*185

Hammer Curls
10*60's*2

Short and sweet

Diet:

Meal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty PB, 2 cans tuna, 1 glass skim milk

Meal 5: 6 scoops whey, 60g dextrose, 5g creatine

Meal 6: TBD

Calories Eaten Today

Will update afer I eat.

Sleep.

Daily Ramblings:
Decided to do kindof a pre-max-ot on chest and see how it felt. It hurt. I'm sore already. Strange thing happened, on the heavy sets on bench, the insides of my elbows hurt. Any ideas what that could be?

I need to lower the weight for the real deal next week, probably keep it at 300 so I can get between 4 and 6 reps for all 3 sets.

I have a terrible self-image right now. :rolleyes: Last week I looked in the mirror and was happy, this week I'm not. Maybe it's knowing that I have to put my pictures online at the end of the week, I don't know. I feel like I am skinny-fat. I can see my top two abs, but I still have the handles and lower abdomen fat. My back, lats specifically is a definate weak point and I will focus on that for my bulk. Bah, whatever.

Anyways, have a great night y'all. I need to go read my book to lose this ****ty attitude I have right now. catch up with ya in the AM.

Mik
10-01-2003, 05:37 PM
Nice benching Justin. And the preachers....well I don't have to say anything there. I'm no help on the elbow pain. Were you keeping your arms travelling in a straight plane? That's all I got.

You ARE NOT skinny-fat. Quit beating yourself up and let us judge.

HeatherLF
10-01-2003, 08:39 PM
You have made great progress these past few months..stop :whiner:

I think you look good enough to :hump:...what more could you want!

Oh and by the way :birthday: tomorrow stud! Your gettin old!

MWA! :)

JustinF
10-02-2003, 03:17 AM

I think you look good enough to :hump:...what more could you want!

:eek:

tuttut I was good enough for that when I was a fat-ass..

What more could I want? I wanna look so good I'd wanna :hump: myself! :D

Thanks for the b-day wishes luv, too bad I'll be spending it alone. :cry:

d-bol_dale
10-02-2003, 03:49 AM
Nice benching justin and as always thats some awesome curling.
As far as the body image thing goes you answered a similiar post on my board. We are always our own worst critic. If your beautiful wife says you look great then take her word for it. Good look bro!

Coke
10-02-2003, 05:00 AM
Hush it bro, if I had your body I would have posted pics already - :D

You can't be too shabby lifting 315 on bench - it is great work!

Wikked1
10-02-2003, 06:59 AM
Self image thing is a real b*tch bro I think we all feel your pain there from time to time. Being the cardio whore you are you had to have made damn good progress! Damn bench press looks awesome and SIC preacher curls as always.

Mik
10-02-2003, 07:03 AM

I wanna look so good I'd wanna :hump: myself! :D

So does that mean I can tell you to go **** yourself when I see your pics? :D

Saint Patrick
10-02-2003, 10:52 AM
205 on preachers gets much respect mang.

chops
10-02-2003, 11:29 AM
hey, birthday boy:

:birthday:

self image is a real bizatch! think of it as fuel instead of cause for doubt --there's nothing to worry about because you're getting props right n' left. i think u have broken the journal record for most humpy's!!

HeatherLF
10-02-2003, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by d-bol_dale
If your beautiful wife says you look great then take her word for it. Good look bro!

:withstupi:

:D

ericg
10-02-2003, 12:04 PM
Nice session man - seems like a good plan as well. Dont worry bout the self image thing, it will work itself out - i think you look great in your avatar pic. Cant wait to see your other pics at the end of the week.

Alke
10-02-2003, 12:21 PM
hey good luck with the new routine and rep scheme bro'. so is this is an entirely new format for you?

OH! and happy BDay!!

Big o Boy
10-02-2003, 12:42 PM
returned :spam:

hey, I just had a b-day not too long ago. Nice journal you got goin' here. And you are FN strong dood!! Curls got me droolin... Nice benching, too.

JustinF
10-02-2003, 03:42 PM
d-bol- Thanks for the comments bro. I know about the self-image thing, and it's much easier to give others the advice you KNOW is right than to take it for yourself.

CoCoa- Thanks for the comments bro. You're not too far behind me on that bench!!

Wikked- Thanks alot bro. I feel better today. (but will probably be pissy about it gain tomorrow. Maybe it's just my time of the month. :angel:

Mik- I'll take it as a compliment if you say that! LOL :D

St.P- Thanks brutha. Appreciated.

chops- I think this is your first post in here, so welcome. Thanks for the well wishes. I will use it as fuel...

Wifey- :rolleyes: :D MWA

eric- Thanks much bro. I appreciate the kind words, I hope the pictures are worth the anticipation.......

Kenn- Yeah, it will be entirely different from anything I have ever done before. I'm actually looking forward to a change.

BoB- Pull up a chair and grab a beer. Welcome to my journal. Thanks for the comments, feel free to comment anytime you feel the need.. :D

JustinF
10-02-2003, 03:54 PM
Well today was a good day actually. I recieved a phonecall from 4 peeps at work wishing me a happy b-day, which really suprised me. Then I recieved a phonecall from Franji, but unfortunately I was away from my desk and my cell phone battery was dead. It was crazy busy at work today, but I broke away for an hour and a half and went out to lunch with my mom. She called me and asked if I needed a luch date, she's so sweet. :D

I kinda was bad at lunch, I had a grilled turkey sub and seasoned fries. I know yesterday, complaining about self -image, today eating deep fried seasoned fries. Ah well.

After I got back from lunch, I called my cell phone to check my voicemail again (the dead battery thing) and my dad left me a message. He called me from North Carolina to wish me a happy b-day, which honestly suprised me. So I called him back on his cell phone and we chatted a while. Then I get called to the front office, where I was ambushed by everyone singing happy birthday. I politely declined a piece of the cake.

I got a present today via FedEx, my mom bought me a trap bar, so you guys don't have to hear about my squished nuts from shrugs anymore. I got some clothes from Heather, a sweatshirt from my mom, and some extra special CD's from a special friend. ;)

That's all for now, I'll get the rest on Saturday when I will officially celebrate at my parents house.

The only bad thing about today is Heather has class tonight, so I'm all alone. :cry: Ah well, I'm sure I'll be awakened when she gets home. :angel:

I'm gonna go do cardio now. I'll post how that went in a bit. I won't be posting diet today because it was terrible. I already wrote about my lunch, and I skipped my mid-morning meal because I was strapped for time, and I didn't eat the meal that I usually have when I get home. I'm probably only at abot 1500 calories right now.....

JustinF
10-02-2003, 05:21 PM
Cardio- 35 minutes mild pace. Wasn't feeling this at all today.

Right now I'm chowing down on 16oz of raw beef and a cup and a half of pasta salad, drinking a SoBe Green Tea.

Life is good.

That is all.

fuzz
10-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Trap bars are ace, man. You should definitely look into doing trap bar deadlifts. It likes the best of a squat and deadlift mixed into one - and its much safer for your back, too.

Happy belated birthday!

midee1
10-03-2003, 12:05 AM
Hope I'm not to late.

:birthday:

P.S. Sorry I ain't gonna sing for ya.:D
And no cell phone call either(don't know the number):)
But best wishes old man.;)

Dedicated
10-03-2003, 05:39 AM
Happy Birthday man!

JustinF
10-03-2003, 06:53 AM
Fuzz- Thanks bro. I'll look into doing the deads with the trap bar. I also heard of people doing OH Presses with it too. I think it would be much easier on the wrists due to the neutral grip.

midee- Thanks bro.

Dedicated- Thank you as well. :D