PDA

View Full Version : Starting from scratch

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Budiak
11-15-2003, 07:36 PM
Justin, I actualy think i have one of those on my neck. I get it from time to time. What it seems to be is an ingrown hair that just irritates a bit of flesh and it puffs up for a bit. Its ALWAYS in the same spot, too.Its been like this for like a week now, but they usually go away after like...2.5 weeks, when I get so fed up with it that I just rip it open with some clean tweezers and tear the now 2 inch long hair out by its ass, drag it into the backyard, and beat the hell out of it. Whatever. I've never gotten one on my back though.

Xand
11-15-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by JustinF
Xand- Thanks bro. You gonna be settling into Mass, or are you just looking to have a place for when you're here? Pics look great man, you're a beast!!

Thanks man. That means alot coming from you. I like the summers in MA also the change of seasons. I see myself teaching at Harvard again in 15-20 years or so. So it'll be a good investment.

Anyway... Your dedication is amazing. Both you and your wife. Continued success with your workouts.

-X

HeatherLF
11-17-2003, 11:32 AM
I am not liking this UD2 stuff..now I have to fend for myself at dinner..:(
Whats a girl to do?

galileo
11-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Heather, you sound like my girlfriend now. She's always like, "what's for dinner?" I reply with, "crazy diet."

Then she sulks.

JustinF
11-17-2003, 02:54 PM
Mik- Thaks bro. I LUV Cap'n Crunch. And now I get to eat a box a week!!

Wikked- Capt'n Crunch is the shizzie fo sheezay!! Refeed euphoria was NOT short lived. Soon after I posted that I was hungry again. I think it was just the extreme change from almost nothing to the refeed.

Cocoa- Your continued support is ace!! I appreciate it.

Budiak- I think you may be right. Problem is it is *right* in the middle of my back and I can't reach it. Heather gets squeemish I think, she gets nervous right before she cuts into it, I don't think she ever fully punctured it. I'll see about getting this thing taken care of.

Xand- No doubt that would be a good investment. Good luck in your search. I appreciate the kind words. I hope to one day be on your level.

Wifey- :whiner: ;)

galileo- Those damn women..... :rolleyes:

Well it's been a pretty crazy past couple days. Diet was ace, and continues to be. I really do feel good. I didn't take any measurements or anything, but I feel pretty solid, not flabby. Back to the restricted cals again though.... :mad:

I'm not going to go back and put in my refeed diet, but it was just about perfect. (Thanks for the advice/help Issac).

I'm going to miss tonights depletion workout. Heather just called me, the attourney checked out out Purchase and Sales Agreement, made some changes, and we are going to sign it tonight. Then it's official. :clap: I estimate that we will start to move it probably Mid-December, while still living here. We had to pay the last month in advance in this place, so I figure we can move slowly, paint the romms different colors if we choose, etc. It'll be fun, I can't wait.

The family situation is still a little ****ed up, but it all happens for a reason. I have faith it'll all work out for the best. That's it for today's update. I'll catch up with y'alls journals in the AM. Time to go sign my life away! :p

Relentless
11-17-2003, 02:57 PM
odds are the lump is just a lipoma (sp?)...

but yeah, definitely get it checked out

I have a lump like that on one of my delts ... I was sure I had cancer, and it turned out to be just a bit of hardened tissue.

Relentless
11-17-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by HeatherLF
I am not liking this UD2 stuff..now I have to fend for myself at dinner..:(
Whats a girl to do?

Pfft.

So you have to make your own dinner.

You sound like my own wife, spoiled rotten from a hubby that likes to cook.

Xand
11-17-2003, 11:38 PM
Hope everything goes well. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments. 50 years of house payments.

Just wanted you to get the full effect!:evillaugh

WillKuenzel
11-17-2003, 11:47 PM
LOL!

Good luck with it all Justin! Guess you won't be moving down here, huh? :p

midee1
11-18-2003, 06:39 PM
Hey Man,

I haven't been around for a while. I hope the family situation works out for the best. I know they can be tough.

BTW how's your brother doing I haven't heard about him lately. If he is part of the family situation i apologize and wish you the best.:)

JustinF
11-18-2003, 06:44 PM
11/18/03- Depletion Workout #2

Squats
15x235x3, 15x225, 12x225

Leg Curls
15x100x3, 10x90, 12x90

Flat Bench
15x225x3

DB Rows
15x100'sx3

**see thoughts below.

Lateral Raises

Calf Raises

DB Curls

Tri Pressdowns

Cardio

Diet

Meal1: 6 boiled eggs, EC stack

Meal2: 1 can tuna, 2 slices ww bread, .5 cup cottage cheese, EC stack

Meal3: 3.5 cups salad greens, 3 large chicken breasts, 2 tbsp FF dressing

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1695
Fat: 55 499 31%
Sat: 17 155 10%
Poly: 9 84 5%
Mono: 20 179 11%
Carbs: 13 36 2%
Fiber: 4 0 0%
Protein: 269 1075 67%

Thoughts

I took some ephedra immediately before my session. I felt good throughout the squats. Leg Curls, great. Bench, starting to feel queezy. DB Rows, more queezy. At this point I got really dizzy. My heart was pounding so fast and hard that I seriously thought it was going to pop out of my chest. I tried to take a break for about 10 minutes but my heart rate would not slow down. As I walked upstairs I got an IMMENSE urge to vomit. I made it to the bathroom, but just dry heaves. I layed down on the couch for about 10 minutes, heart rate slowed down. As soon as I started to walk again, my heart started racing. It was a pretty scary situation.

I made it into the shower, and felt better, I feel fine now. I don't know if it was due to lack of food in my stomach, the third dose of EC, or a combination of both, but I won't be taking an EC immediately before my session ever again, until my bulk when it is just used for energy.

Anyways, I feel OK now. I'll be doing some cardio tomorrow. That is all. :D

JustinF
11-18-2003, 06:55 PM
Callahan- I'm hoping you are correct about that lump. I think I'm gonna have Heather try again to cut it open. If it doesn't go away after that, I'll go to the doc.

Xand- LOL. I'm hoping 15 years at the most. :D

Homey- Not immediately. We do plan to move at some point. This is moreso an investment right now, it beats paying rent. We can either sell it or rent it out when we move to NC.

Midee- Thanks bro. I appreciate the kind words. My brother hasn't been to work out for the past two weeks, he keeps making excuses. I'm afraid I lost him. :(

JustinF
11-19-2003, 06:17 AM
We took care of that lump pn my back last night. I believe it was an infected ingrown hair. A LOT of stuff came out of it. I feel a bit silly for worying about it now, ah well. I'd never had an ingrown hair be there for over 3 weeks. :D

cphafner
11-19-2003, 06:55 AM
yo congrats on the house(condo)! Workouts look great!

Mik
11-19-2003, 07:24 AM
Glad to hear the lump was nothing. That must've been scary with the heart racing and all. The worst I ever got from UD2 was tripping after squats and the urge to barf.

HeatherLF
11-19-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Callahan

Pfft. So you have to make your own dinner.
You sound like my own wife, spoiled rotten from a hubby that likes to cook.

Let's not get crazy, someone is spoiled in the relationship and it ain't me! We both hate cooking, it just makes it worse knowing that I have to cook something just for myself. :(

HeatherLF
11-19-2003, 02:58 PM
:whip:
That's the way we git' those ingrown hairs out! :)

:hump:

Coke
11-20-2003, 08:20 AM
lol, she got you on lock bro! - :D

HeatherLF
11-20-2003, 03:21 PM
Working out today?

WillKuenzel
11-20-2003, 04:17 PM

LOL, I don't even want to know! :p

galileo
11-21-2003, 07:26 AM
:eek:

Bruteman
11-21-2003, 06:38 PM

You think you can teach my wife how to get ingrown hairs out like that :D !

midee1
11-24-2003, 05:26 AM
Well am I an idiot or not.

How long have you been a mod. If it's new then grats. If not I will grawl back under my rock.:D

JustinF
11-24-2003, 05:48 AM
cphafner- Thanks bro.

Mik- Yeah, it was quite scary. I never experienced anything quite like that before.

Wifey- I'll let that comment slide..... :hump:

homey- :D There are some things better left unsaid....

galileo- See above. :D

B-man- LOL. How ya been?

midee- Good to see ya back in here. Thanks, it is new, late last week. :D

So, my motivation has been severely lacking as of late. The whole deal with my family, especially around the holdays has me pretty bummed out. I'm in a funk right now, my diet and sessions have been crap. I only worked out once last week and my diet was horrible, especially this weekend. I need to break out of this funk.

On a positive note, Heather and I went away this weekend to the Cape. Had a little 1 bedroom caottage type thing overlooking the ocean. It was fun, and I drank far too much. Had a headache Sunday morning that lasted all day. To much Allize. Yes, I like the girly drinks!!:D

Anyways, I plan on being back on track this week.

Tank23
11-24-2003, 05:54 AM
Yeh, get back on track mate! I wanna see some killer workouts again ;)

JustinF
11-24-2003, 06:37 AM
Cocoa- Sorry I missed ya up there! I can't argue with that. But I got her on lock too! :D

Tank- Don't worry bro, I'll be back at it, just need to break outta the funk!

Wikked1
11-24-2003, 07:35 AM
Dude you're a MOD? SWEET! Sorry I was outta town........a late congrats on the status change!

Mik
11-24-2003, 08:08 AM
Sounds like a nice weekend. What's this, girlie drinks and skipping workouts? :whip: You need to get back to squats and Jack Daniels! Just kidding bro. Hope you get out of this rut and hit the weights soon. We're here for ya man.

pruneman
11-24-2003, 01:35 PM
we all have weeks where we just can't seem to pull it together in the gym. Don't sweat it bro. Its just gonna make you want it more when you get out of the rut. You've got some inspiring strength and i cant wait to see some workouts.

midee1
11-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Mik
Sounds like a nice weekend. What's this, girlie drinks and skipping workouts? :whip: You need to get back to squats and Jack Daniels! Just kidding bro. Hope you get out of this rut and hit the weights soon. We're here for ya man.

:withstupi

Coming from me this may not sound like much but I just came outta my rut and am getting back into the swing of things after about 1.5 months and it feels great. I feel your pain about the holidays. I dread Christmas.:rolleyes:

JustinF
11-25-2003, 05:07 AM
This UD2 is hell. This is as much of my workout as I got through:

Squats- 15x245*4, 15x225

Hammie Curls-15x90x4, 13x90

Flat Bench- 15x225x3

DB Row- 15x100'sx3

At this point I again started feeling like hell. Heart pounding, dizziness, nausea. I thought it was the EC I took last week, but it was at about the same time in the workout as last week, I didn't take EC this time.

After discussing with a few peeps, I have decided that I was probably moving through the excercises too fast. My heart rate is so increased it scares me during these sessions. So I'm going to stick with the UD2, just take a bit more recovery time in between sets, and possibly lower the weight a bit.

Diet was spot on.

JustinF
11-25-2003, 05:09 AM
Wikked- Thanks bro.

Mik- I'll be back at it bro. I'm coming around. I appreciate your comments.

p-man- Thanks bro. Good to see ya back.

midee- Ac tually, your re-dedication is inspiring bro. Keep it up!! :thumbup:

cphafner
11-25-2003, 06:27 AM
good luck with tinkering your program. Those are some heavy squats for a depletion workout!

Wikked1
11-25-2003, 07:15 AM
Sounds to me like you're getting your Cardio whore needs filled by these depletion workouts. I agree you're still putting big weights up there and for 15 reps is no small feat. Nice work bro!

Mik
11-25-2003, 07:18 AM
Good luck with it Justin. I think more rest and/or lower weights are in order.

HeatherLF
11-25-2003, 12:08 PM

Just some motivation for the workout tonight. :)

chops
11-25-2003, 12:19 PM
grats on the MOD!! hey now, no nepotism allowed, ya hear? even if you have a personal ingrown hair remover :) alize passionfruit is good, especially during weekend excursions!

JustinF
11-26-2003, 03:13 AM
11/25/03 UD2- Depletion Workout #2

Squats
15x225x3, 12x225, 15x195

Leg Curls
15x90x5

Flat Bench
15x225x3, 12x225, 15x185

DB Rows
15x100'sx4, 15x60's

Lateral Raises
15x15'sx5

Calf Raises
15x360, 15x430x4

DB Curls
15x45's, 15x35'sx2

DB Skulls[b]
15x35'sx15, 15x25'sx2

[b]No cardio tonight.

Diet

Meal1: 3 boiled eggs, 1 cup cottage cheese

Meal2: 1 can tuna, 1 cup cottage cheese, 5 FOC's

Meal3: 3.5 cups salad greens, 2 large chicken breasts, 2 tbsp FF dressing

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1491
Fat: 41 366 26%
Sat: 15 133 9%
Poly: 7 60 4%
Mono: 14 123 9%
Carbs: 28 93 7%
Fiber: 4 0 0%
Protein: 240 960 68%

Thoughts

Wow, I actually made it through an entire session. :clap:
I slowed things down a bit, lowered the weight, and took a bit longer rest periods. I can officially say I am sore as **** today!!

I have never experienced DOMS in my quads as bad as they are today. I had a hard time even bringing my leg up to stretch my quads. :D

We got word that we should be closing on the condo at the end of next week. We have our rent paid for December, so we can take our time moving in, all throughout the month, paint whatever rooms we want to, etc. I'm looking forward to it.

I have cardio tonight, and I'm going to FORCE myself to get downstairs and do it. No more excuses for me. I'm back on track hardcore with the training, I will not and cannot allow myself to slip back into the laziness I was exhibiting.

That's all for now.

JustinF
11-26-2003, 03:17 AM
cphafner- Thanks bro. I think I have it figured out now. :D

Wikked- Thanks dood. LOL@cardio whore needs. It sure as hell felt like cardio these past couple session, but I won't count 'em cuz they were so short. :)

Mik- :nod: Definately helped.

Wifey- Thanks baby. Right back atcha!

Chops- Good to see ya back in here! Thanks for the comments. Don't worry, no nepotism. :D Not too much anyways, she has a way of making me do things...... :D

Tank23
11-26-2003, 03:55 AM
Good to hear you're back into the swing of things man!

You're putting up some big weights for those depletion workouts, you're a pretty strong mofo ;)

Coke
11-26-2003, 05:34 AM
I know you and Heather must be excited about the move - that is one big transition...

Nice to see you at it this way - with the dieting and all, I know the session was not an easy one - :thumbup:

Mik
11-26-2003, 07:18 AM
Glad to hear the workout went better Jusin. For lowering the weights those numbers are still impressive as hell.

Grats on the condo. Pretty exciting time. Except for the actual moving part but consider that a workout in it's own right.

Wikked1
11-26-2003, 07:37 AM
Damn bro so little calories....you're doing awesome! I cringe thinking about it!

midee1
11-26-2003, 03:18 PM
:thumbup: :bow:

Alke
11-26-2003, 04:40 PM
wow, lotta changes since I last looked in here, AWESOME job on the calorie intake bro'

Bruteman
11-26-2003, 08:47 PM
I'd have a hard time to trying to w/o on such low calories! You are one tough man trying to stick with this program!

rookiebldr
11-26-2003, 09:30 PM
Good to hear the adjustments to the routine worked out well. Nice workout, Justin. :)

HahnB
11-27-2003, 10:38 AM
Condo sounds sweet man, hopefully all that strength will help you in the moving process:D

chops
11-27-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by JustinF

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1491

wow.

Xand
11-28-2003, 06:07 PM
Just checking in. Glad you're back in the swing of things.

midee1
11-29-2003, 06:55 PM
Where did ya run off to Mang.:D

Hope you had fun.

JustinF
12-01-2003, 06:24 AM
Tank- Thanks bro, appreciated.

Cocoa- We are excited, very. Can't wait to start moving.

Mik- Thanks bro. We'll be moving in all throughout December, not all in one day or weekend. That should make it a little easier. :D

Wikked- Thanks bro. I just keep thinking about the refeed during the low cal days. :D Doesn't really help though. :rolleyes:

Kenn- Thanks man.

B-man- I appreciate the comments bro. It is hard but I'm seeing results.

rook- Thanks. :)

Hahn- LOL, I hope so too.

Choppa- ;)

Xand- Thanks bro. Appreciate it.

midee- Didn't really go anywhere, just shopping for the new place, etc. Thanks for checking in. :D

JustinF
12-01-2003, 06:31 AM
Woah, I feel loved. Look at all the comments! :D

I'm in a bit better state of being. I had a busy but good weekend. Turkey day was good, we went to Heathers parents house, then to my bro's house. I ate too much of course, but it's all good.

The weekend was pretty good, mostly shopping for the new condo: shades for the windows, a canvas painting, some smaller pictures, etc.

Yesterday we went to check out the progress of our condo, it's coming along pretty good. The kitchen cabinets are in, countertops, bathroom cabinets, etc. No carpet is layed yet, etc. Doesn't look like there is too much left, we may be closing at the end of the week. The only thing I noticed was the garage door had BIG gaps in it. It appears that the rails were not insatalled straight. That will be fixed before we sign. Took Heather and my mom out for luch yesterday after we viewed the condo.

That's about it, I'll check in on y'all a bit later.

JustinF
12-02-2003, 05:10 AM
12/01/03 UD2- Depletion Workout #1

Squats
15x225x3, 12x225

Leg Curls
15x90x4

Flat Bench
15x225x3, 12x225

Pulldowns
15*180*4

Lateral Raises
15x15'sx4

Calf Raises
15x360, 15x430x4

DB Curls
15x45's, 15x35'sx2

DB Skulls
15x35'sx15, 15x25'sx2

No cardio tonight.

Diet

Meal1: 3 boiled eggs, 1 cup cottage cheese

Meal2: 1 can tuna, 1 cup cottage cheese, 5 FOC's

Meal3: 2 cups chicken stir fry

Thoughts

Well, UD2 just isn't going to work for me at this point. My body is telling me to cut the ****, and I'm going to listen. I do not like the way I feel, not only during the workout, but all throughout the day. I feel weak, tired, fat, and flat.

I am going to go back to a 3 day a week split, eat at slightly below maintenance calories (clean foods obviously) and do cardio 3-4 times per week. My split will be:

Monday: Chest and Bi's
Tuesday: Cardio and Abs
Wednesday: Legs and Shoulders
Thursday: Cardio and Abs
Friday: Back and Tri's
Saturday: Cardio and Abs
Sunday: Rest or Cardio

Monday: Flat bench, Incline Bench, Flyes, Preacher Curls, Hammer Curls

Wednesday: Squats, Leg extentions, Leg Curls, Shoulder Press, Lateral Raise, Rear Lateral Raise

Friday: Weighted Pullups, Deadlifts, BB Rows, Weighted Dips, Pressdowns

I'm going to stick to between 6-8 reps for all exercises.

Any opinions on where I should put the Shrugs? Back or Leg/Shoulder Day?

That's all...:)

Coke
12-02-2003, 05:34 AM
...that is great to hear you droppin that bullshxx - :D

Whatever you do should work fine but I think legs by themselves is the best advice I can give on this one bro - ;)

pruneman
12-02-2003, 05:48 AM

cutting is not the most fun thing in the world but it shouldn't be hell either. going to the gym should be a fun way to relieve stress...not add more of it to your life. good luck on the new routine :D You're a strong dude and i'm sure that youll be kickin ass with the new routine.

Tank23
12-02-2003, 06:02 AM
I like your new split man, good luck with it.

How about you forget about shrugs? You've got deads in there, I'm sure they'd be enough to maintain your traps. You're only looking to maintain when you cut, right? So I don't really see much point in having extra volume for the traps. That's my opinion :)

cphafner
12-02-2003, 06:35 AM
good luck with the change. I could imagine someone your size having issues with the low carb days.

Mik
12-02-2003, 07:23 AM
Looks like a good split Justin. Obviously your body didn't like UD2. No sense pushing and feeling like ****. If you're going to do traps, I'd do them with back. Keep as much away from leg day as possible. Good luck with it!

galileo
12-02-2003, 07:29 AM
My body <3 UD2.

Wee!

Wikked1
12-02-2003, 11:35 AM
Best of luck on the new Split bro. I commend you for sticking with UD2 through the holiday bro I couldn't cut this time of year. Spring time .....different story! maybe then give it another shot?

JustinF
12-03-2003, 03:27 AM
Cocoa- Thanks for the input bro. I may re-arange a bit to do legs by themselves.

p-man- Thanks bro, I appreciate the words. And I agree with you 100%, it shouldn't be torture.

Tank- That's a good thought, you're right. I may just forget about them, though they are one of my favorite moves.

cp- Thanks bro. I WAS having issues, lol.

Mik- Thanks brutha! Appreciate the feedback.

gal- Not mine. :(

Wikked- Thanks. It wasn't so much just being this time of year, it was the way I was feeling. I just think I can't function on that extreme of a diet. I don't think I'll be trying it in the spring either.....

12/2/03- Cardio Whore Day

35 minutes medium intensity on the bike.

Diet

M1: 4 boiled eggs, 1 banana
M2: 1 cup oats, .5 cup cottage cheese
M3: 2 cups chicken stir fry
M4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty PB, 1 glass skim milk, 1 can tuna
M5: 12" Subway Sub. Roast beef, double meat, all veggies, Dijon Horseradish Sauce

Thoughts

How could I forget to mention.....

Out shopping this weekend for the new place, just found the PERFECT canvas painting for above the dining room table, and bought it. Having a great day, Heather and I are very happy having a great time, driving home on a two lane highway. 2 lanes oncoming, plus the two lanes we were in. We are in the right lane, car in the left lane wants to turn left, slows down. The car behind him doesn't even look, no signal, BAM. Broadsides us, WTF.

Never in an accident in my entire life, last month I get rear-ended in my brand new truck, this month I get broadsided in my wifes new Grand Prix. Unbelievable. The important thing is nobody was hurt and the car is still driveable. AND it wasn't my fault so we'll be paying no deductable.

Anyways, just my little story from last weekend. I hope this luck doesn't continue. LOL.. :D

pruneman
12-03-2003, 05:08 AM
sorry to hear about the accidents. at least nobody was hurt and it isn't your fault...still too bad though, that's a nice truck you have

Coke
12-03-2003, 06:56 AM
I'll be damned this took place...wtf is right bro! Folks nowdays can't drive for shxx - :D

on the up side, y'all done found the perfect painting to set off the new home - :thumbup:

Mik
12-03-2003, 07:01 AM
That sucks! Sorry to hear about the accident Justin but good thing everyone is OK.

Was the painting the one where the dogs are playing pool. Hehe I love that one! :p

Wikked1
12-03-2003, 07:40 AM
Bro just be glad everybodies OK........cars are replacable......just proves my theory they drive like maniacs over there bro!

midee1
12-03-2003, 11:11 AM
Bad luck sucks don't it.

I agree with everyone else at least you 2 aren't hurt. Cars are replaceable.:)

Bruteman
12-03-2003, 06:20 PM
*hides car keys from Justin* :D

Glad you all are all right! I'll bet the dumb@ss who caused the wreck gladly took the blame after he saw you get out of the car! :p Hell if you hit my car I would still take the blame rather than fight with you about it!

As for your split, if you are going to retool it a little you could try my old split. 1-Back&Delts, 2-Legs and 3-Chest&Arms. It gives legs their own day and you can just throw some shrugs on the end of day 1. Just an option I thought I'd throw out.

JustinF
12-08-2003, 05:05 AM
*cough* *cough*

Damn, about time I dust this thing off! Bottom of page 3!!

p-man- Thnks bro. I appreciate the comments.

Cocoa- True dat. Damn Mass drivers!

Mik- Thanks bro. Yeah, that is the most important thing.

Wikked- I hear ya bro. Poeple can't drive worth a ****!

midee- :nod:

Bruteman- LOL. Maybe that had a little something to do with his confession. ;) Thanks for that suggestion, I like it so much I'm gonna use it! :D

JustinF
12-08-2003, 05:11 AM
Sooooo... today starts my new split. M,W,F with cardio on T,TH,S, and maybe SU.

I'm using the split that bruteman suggested.

Monday: Chest and Arms
Flat Bench, Incline Bench, DB Flyes, Dips, JM Press, Preacher Curls, Hammer Curls

Wednesday: Legs
Squats, Lunges, Calf Raises, Leg Ext./Leg Curl SS

Friday: Back and Delts
Deadlift, Pulldowns/ups, Row, Military Press, Side/Lateral Raise SS, Shrugs

Cardio will be the bike until spring comes, then I'll be hitting the track for sprints/plyos. I am almost 100% sure I'll be playing football again next fall. My knee feels great, I believe the year off helped tremendously. I may move out to defensive end, depending on how much faster I get from sprints/plyometrics.

Weekend was great. We were snowed in for most of it, but you know I had to take the HEMI out to play. Empty parking lots= mucho fun! 'Cept wifey dosn't like it too much :) I'll have to go myself next time. :D:D

Catch up with y'alls journals in a bit!

Coke
12-08-2003, 06:04 AM
I used to have the same split bro, I'm sure you will like it but the only drawback is doing so much in one session.

JustinF
12-08-2003, 11:03 AM
Cocoa- I'm sure I'll like the split as well.

I forgot to mention that I will be doing abdominal and neck excercises on the cardio days.

Wikked1
12-08-2003, 11:22 AM
Good luck with the new Split bro!

cphafner
12-08-2003, 11:25 AM
sorry to hear about the car, I hate stupid drivers. My gf basically covers her ears when I'm driving so she can't the curses I scream at the other people on the road. The new split looks good. How does it feel to be eating carbs again?

JustinF
12-08-2003, 02:34 PM
test

JustinF
12-09-2003, 03:38 AM
12/8/03-Chest and Arms
http://www.gifs.cc/rule3.gif
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifFlat Bench
10x135, 6x225, 8x275, 4x315+2, 5.5x275, 7.5x245

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifIncline Bench
6x265, 7x245, 6.5x245

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifDB Flyes
12x35's, 10x45's, 12x45's

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifPreacher Curls
12x115, 10x165, 2x185, drop to 4x165 I lost quite a bit of strength here

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifPressdowns
15x90, 7x110, 11x90

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifHammer Curls
12x45's, 7x60's

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifDB Tri Pressup
12x60, 15x60

Diet
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 1: 4 boiled eggs, 1 banana, multi-vite, 4 cups coffee, EC stack

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 2: 1 cup oats, .5 cup cottage cheese, 5 FOC's

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 3: .5 cup brown rice, 1 large chicken breast, 5 FOC's, EC stack

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty pb, 1 glass skim milk, 1 can tuns with 1 tbsp FF ranch, EC stack

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 5: 6 scoops whey in water, 60g dextrose, 5g creatine

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 6: 16 pcs sashimi, 1 cup egg drop soup

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWater: approx 1.5 gallons

Fitday Breakdown (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/DayFoodsTab.asp)

Sleep
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifAprox. 4 hours

Random thoughts
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifI feel good about yesterdays session. I was stoked to be back downstairs lifting hard. My energy levels were great. My muscles are sore today, arms especially. I have that positive vibe thing going again, I'm feeling good. Just needed to stop putting my body through hell and change my mindset.

No worries on the car, it'll be getting fixed.

The condo is done, we are just waiting for the bank appointed inspection to take place, so it's looking like a Friday closing, pending my approval and a walkthrough that is. :D:D:D:D

Well, I gotta get some work done. I'll catch up with y'all in a bit.

JustinF
12-09-2003, 03:41 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWikked- Thanks bro, I appreciate it.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifcphafner- Thanks. It feels wonderful to just be eating again, carbs or otherwise! :D But yeah, the carbs are especially nice!

Bruteman
12-09-2003, 03:49 AM
[QUOTE=JustinF] http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifPreacher Curls
12x115, 10x165, 2x185, drop to 4x165 I lost quite a bit of strength here

Yeah! Those were just soooo weak :rolleyes:

Good to hear you are looking forward to your sessions again.

Coke
12-09-2003, 05:16 AM
lol, that's right bro, you and ole girl got to approve first before signing anything!

Loved the session, you are back to it man - :thumbup:

Mik
12-09-2003, 09:55 AM
Great workout Justin. Nice to see ya throwing crazy weights around.

Wikked1
12-09-2003, 10:09 AM
Yo bro....like the new custom look in your journal NICE work!! I think you could afford to drop some preacher bench strength it was/is OVER the top!

JustinF
12-11-2003, 11:18 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifB-Man-LOL. I never said they were weak, just that I had lost a lot of strength. I've lost a bit everywhere, but these were really noticable.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifCocoa-Thanks bro. Good to be back at it agian.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMik-Thanks bro. Good to be throwin 'em! :D

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWikked- Thanks bro. My curl jockey pride went out the window... :(

JustinF
12-11-2003, 11:25 AM
12/8/03-Chest and Arms
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWas suppose to be Leg day

Diet
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 1: 4 boiled eggs, 1 banana, multi-vite, 4 cups coffee, EC stack

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 3: .5 cup brown rice, 1 large chicken breast, 5 FOC's, EC stack

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 2 tbsp natty pb, 1 glass skim milk, 1 can tuns with 1 tbsp FF ranch, EC stack

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 5: 6 scoops whey in water, 60g dextrose, 5g creatine

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 6: tenderloin and portabella mushroom pasta, some buffalo wings, and a salad

Sleep
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gif 5.5 hours

Random thoughts
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWell, I get home yesterday and the power is out. Not a big deal, we were going for out final walkthrough at the condo anyways. So we go do that, everything looks good, our new neighbor invites us in for some coffee. (They already closed) ANyways, so we head home after that and the power is still out. House is pitch black. Oh well, guess we'll have to go do some shopping and eat out. :D:D

I will make up the session tonight. My diet was pretty good except for the buffalo wings, but I ain't complaining. That's it.

HeatherLF
12-11-2003, 11:37 AM
Look at this journal! Lookin good! Tomorrow is the day. :)

midee1
12-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Now you 2 here comes the fun part.

Moving Day :nod:

Alke
12-11-2003, 04:20 PM
hey justin wow your moving in already, congrats!

how is the diet going, I know their is always a bit of strength loss, but how you feeling and looking?

JustinF
12-12-2003, 07:13 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWifey :D Almost in!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifmidee- Can't say I'm looking forward to that part!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifKenn- Thanks bro. Diet is going good. I'm eating more now, so it will be a more gradual loss, but I'm happy. :D

JustinF
12-12-2003, 09:01 AM
I did legs last night.

Mik
12-12-2003, 09:03 AM
Woohoo for leg day!

JustinF
12-12-2003, 09:08 AM
It was fun.

aka23
12-12-2003, 09:12 AM
I am glad to hear that the new home is coming along. I guess the next step is moving in. It is typical for power companies to request 2 days notice, but it is not uncommon for them to get the power on in significantly less time.

galileo
12-12-2003, 09:19 AM
So, post legs.

JustinF
12-12-2003, 09:27 AM
4 sets of 50 reps. 675lbs

That is all.

Wikked1
12-14-2003, 11:57 AM
Grats on the new place bro....just in time for the Holidays! uhhhmm errr nice leg day I think :D

Bruteman
12-16-2003, 09:07 PM
Hello! Any body home?

Deibiddo
12-16-2003, 10:57 PM
Good to hear you guys are well underway to done with the move.

JustinF
12-17-2003, 03:25 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifaka- Yeah, we moved most of our stuff this past weekend. Our electrical service was uninterupted. The builder had it on in his name, and kept it on until this past Monday, when it was switched over to my name.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifgalileo- There it is. I had a great leg day!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWikked-[/b] LMAO. Thanks bro. As you can see there was a little spam session going on between the 3 people that were online at that time. While I did have a good leg day, it wasn't quite that good, and I'm too ****ing lazy to go back and post it. :D

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifB-man-[/b] Thanks for the bump bro. Yeah, I'm here. Just not gonna be posting much this week, as I'm not working out. With everything set up in the new place, and the weights back at the old place it's a bit difficult. (OK, I'm too lazy to go back to lift) I have a lot to do still at the new casa, so it's another off week. Diet is spot on though.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifDeibiddo- Thanks for the comments bro. Almost there.

JustinF
12-17-2003, 03:36 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWell, the move is most of the way done. We have spent WAY too much money on new stuff for the casa. Ah well, only live once. Between that and X-mas, ouch. :D:D Probably get the rest of it wrapped up this weekend. We have been living out of a miini dorm sized fridge, our new one doesn't come in until tomorrow. No DirectTV until Monday. No phone until tomorrow. Thank God for cell phones! :)

Ummmmmm, family issues are ok I guess. My mom and pops are splitting after 28 years. It was quite the shock to me, never saw it coming. May have been a bit different if they were always fighting and ****, but either they put on an EXCELLENT front everytime people were over, or something really bad happened. I'll be finding out shortly. It's been eating at me, because pops has been out of town on business ever since it happened, so I haven't been able to speak to him. He is moving out, he said sometime this week, and I will be helping him move. We'll be talking about the situation at that time.

Anyways enough about that stuff. I was letting it bother me far too much. Yeah, it does hurt, but it's not my marraige after all, and has no reflection of mine. My main thing is I have this need to protect the women in my life, and the thought of moms in the house by herself bothers me, if that makes any sense. Pops is a big man, ex-military, her protecter, know what I mean? Now that's gone, I guess I assume I need to take on that role. It's my issue, she's a strong lady and will be fine.

Anyways, that's really enough of that now. LOL :D:D

I'll try to catch up in y'alls journals later today, I know I've been slacking in that. Take it easy peeps.

Wikked1
12-17-2003, 06:53 AM
With all the moving you're going to be doing bro you'll get some full body workouts in for sure! Bummer about the family,especially around this time of year BUT it does happen.

JustinF
12-17-2003, 06:54 AM
My friend and workout partner just called me and told me he put in an offer for a house. It's 1800 sq feet, quite a bit bigger than my condo. And the best part? It is a half mile from my new place. If everything goes according to plan, the weights will go to his place and out of my garage!! :clap: :D There are some crazy hills seperating his place and mine, so during the summer, I'll be getting my cardio running to and from! :D

Just thought I'd share. I'm stoked for him. I'm also stoked that I may not have to lift in my garage! :D:D

JustinF
12-17-2003, 06:56 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWikked- Yeah it does hapen bro. I gotta face that fact and get on with it. The full body workouts are a definite. Especially my forearms and hands. Gripping heavy stuff going up three levels is killer. I didn't know my hands could ache so much! :)

ElPietro
12-17-2003, 07:26 AM
Hey man, congrats on the condo. Haven't been around much so trying to skim through ppl's journals a bit. You cutting or bulking now?

pruneman
12-17-2003, 07:56 AM
My friend and workout partner just called me and told me he put in an offer for a house. It's 1800 sq feet, quite a bit bigger than my condo. And the best part? It is a half mile from my new place. If everything goes according to plan, the weights will go to his place and out of my garage!! :clap: :D There are some crazy hills seperating his place and mine, so during the summer, I'll be getting my cardio running to and from! :D

Just thought I'd share. I'm stoked for him. I'm also stoked that I may not have to lift in my garage! :D:D

Sweet

Mik
12-17-2003, 08:04 AM

That's awesome man! Now there will be no excuses not to post workouts. ;)

cphafner
12-17-2003, 10:32 AM
No DirectTV until Monday. No phone until tomorrow. Thank God for cell phones! :)

You have cable and a phone, you luck bastart. I have neither, and no internet at the apartment :confused:

Sorry to hear about the folks. My parents went through a divorce a few years ago. I felt the same way about my mom being alone, but she was alone most of the time anyway. I supported their decision, since it was better for the both of them. My parents were like your's noone(not even my best friends) ever knew anything was wrong.

midee1
12-17-2003, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=JustinF
Anyways enough about that stuff. I was letting it bother me far too much. Yeah, it does hurt, but it's not my marraige after all, and has no reflection of mine. My main thing is I have this need to protect the women in my life, and the thought of moms in the house by herself bothers me, if that makes any sense. Pops is a big man, ex-military, her protecter, know what I mean? Now that's gone, I guess I assume I need to take on that role. It's my issue, she's a strong lady and will be fine.
QUOTE]

I think it's great the way you are going to handle it. Take care of her cause she is worth more than you will ever realize. Especially if you have children. Good babysitters and great teachers. :D

Hang in there man time heals all wounds. And I agree about the reflection on your marriage. You and Heather sound like you got it going on.

Cell phones. :cool: Got Nextel recently. Direct connect rulz.

Deibiddo
12-17-2003, 08:28 PM
Sound like a great deal, run over work out and back, Plus a place to park the Car!

JustinF
12-18-2003, 10:57 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifPete- Good to see ya back in here bro. Thanks. I'm doing nothing at the moment, but I guess you'd call it a slow cut. I'm eating at about maintenance levels, lifting heavy, and doing cardio 3-4 times a week.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifp-man :D

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMik- I don't make excuses. :) I just can't post what I don't do. :D :redface:

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifcp- Not yet, but I will have them soon. :D Yeah, sucks about the parents, but as you said, it's probably best for both of them No point staying tigether and being unhappy I suppose.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMideeI hear ya. That's my mom and I will always take great care of her, kids or not. But that is a good point! :D Thanks for the comments about me and Heather, she completes me. Not so sure about me, but she most definately has it goin on. :D I have a Nextel too, I love it.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifDeb- :nod: That's the plan bro!!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gif Well I gotta run now, gotta meet the phone people. Finally getting service. I'll post in y'alls journals tonight when I get my computer set up. Later.

HeatherLF
12-18-2003, 03:34 PM
:hello:

We'll be back on track soon w/the workouts. New Year, New Goals.
Hope the computer gets hooked up. See you after school.

MWA! :)

Deibiddo
12-18-2003, 06:58 PM
Good to see you and Ms Heather back to the works outs!
Everything will work out!

Franjipani
12-19-2003, 03:25 AM
Congrats to the both of you on a move well done !! :clap:

Irrespective of the issues involved in the breakdown....they are both your parents and its wonderful you are supporting both parties. That in itself is a challenge let alone the shock of it all. Just being there for them is everything....

Well done hon :)

A Merry Xmas and happy New Year to you and Heather... and I hope you really break in your new Condo in style :cool:

JustinF
12-19-2003, 04:31 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWifey- 'Puter didn't get hooked up, but we did get the gym set up last night I don't plan to wait until the new year, watch out for Monday. I'm gonna be kickin' ass. Oh yeah, :hump: ;)

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifDeb- Thanks bro. We'll be back at it soon enough, and back at it hardcore!! :strong:

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifFrannie- Thanks for the comments. That's all I can do I suppose is support them both. Meery X-mas to you as well. Have a wonderful holidays. My apologies about the coaching slack off on my part, the new plans are great and there will be no excuses! :D:D

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWell, last night, I got the phone turned on, but didn't get the computer set up. We did get the home gym all set up in the new place, so Monday will start my re-re-re-re-dedication. :rolleyes: I wonder how many times I'm going to have to re-dedicate myself. LOL :D

I was suppose to pick up my fridge last night, but of course I get there and the truck hadn't shown up yet. Thanks for the call assholes! I get a call at quarter of nine last night saying it was ready for pickup. I'll be damned if I was going out at that time after I just got showered and comfortable, plus my friend had already gone home. We'll pick it up today.

Kinda off topic, but is my friend a freak? He's a strong ****er. Last week he pushed 315x8. He is about 5'4" ~195-200lbs. He's gotten quite strong over the past year. Very stocky build. I'd say he's around 18%BF, but he carries it quite well, you couldn't tell it unless he has his shirt off. Basically he stores all his fat in the stomach, his main vice is the same as mine, we LOVE food. LOL. Anyways, I just thought it was amazing the weight he was pushing. I tease him and say it's just cuz his midget arms and he only has a 6" ROM. LOL. Just thought I'd share.

JustinF
12-19-2003, 05:03 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifAs another off topic thing, I spoke to someone yesterday that is convinced that I should train for those strongman competition things. I think it may be fun to do that kinda thing so I will probably be looking into it. Anyone that may have any links or suggestions, etc as far as that goes, it would be much appreciated. What kind of training, etc. :strong:

Coke
12-19-2003, 05:38 AM
...lol bro, that is what we all be doing - re, rededicatin all the time - :D

Best of luck with the upcoming rededicated sessions!

Bruteman
12-19-2003, 06:46 AM
Here's a place to start bro'. NASS (http://www.nastrongman.com/index.htm)

They are like a starting ground for people who want to try strongman type events.

Bruteman
12-19-2003, 07:40 AM
Here's another one The Boiler Room (http://www.tc.umn.edu/~keen0018/home.htm)

I love strongman stuff. Those guys are awsome! I figured these 2 sites would be a good place for you to start.

Alke
12-19-2003, 12:24 PM
that strongman stuff is the sh!t, I love watching that. There was a strongman exhibition at the state fair here, and seeing those guys lift that much weight up was awesome!

are you almost done cutting then I take it?

cphafner
12-19-2003, 12:58 PM
I had a wrestler at my old college that did those. He was only about 185, but strong as an ox. You can start your training by moving in the fridge.

Teufelhund
12-19-2003, 01:34 PM
Hi Justin - congrats on the new place.

So... Strongman, eh? I bet none of those guys ever cut. You could bulk for all eternity! Awesome. I say go for it.

Mik
12-22-2003, 07:20 AM
I think you'd do really well in strongman training Justin! You've got the build for it.

JustinF
12-23-2003, 06:34 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifCocoa- Thanks bro. Re-re-dedication didn't go so well. :rolleyes:

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifB-man-Thanks for the links bro. Good reading.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifKenn- Not really. I'm pretty much doing a slow cut right now while trying to even build muscle. Lifting heavy and doing cardio, though I've done nothing for about 3 weeks now.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifcp- HAHA. That was a bit of a workout. I had to take it all the way around back over the deck, through the slider. Too big to get through the front door.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifT-hund Thanks bro. MMMMMM Bulking for eternity. :D:D

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWell I am oficially a fat lazy ass. I have done othing for probably close to 3 weeks now, with exception of a leg session. There is absolutely no excuse for it. I am eating like ****, etc. I am probably at the point that I was before my little cutting contest with ElP. ****ing pathetic is what it is. Shameful. It's like I need something to spark me into taking action. It's one excuse after another:
Well, I'm busy with the move.
Well, the weights are at the old place.
Well, it's the holidays and it's OK to eat like ****.
Well, whatever.
Well, Blah.
Well, I'm a lazy fatass.

The damn Direct TV guy never showed up yesterday. I am fed up with the customer service. Since I moved on the 12th I've had nothing but problems with them. So long story short, this was the 2nd time I was scheduled for instalation. They never showed up. "we had some kind of computer glitch" Whatever. Cancel my account. "But Mr Furbay, my records show you've been a customer for quite a long time, is there anything I can do to change your mind?"

They wanted to push the install out to January 12th. You're kidding right? Cancel my account. "Please hold, let me see what I can do" I tell them if they can't get me an appointment before the end of the week to cancel. He comes back and says the installation will be this Saturday if that's good for me. I will get two months free, and no fee for the installation. Acceptable.

Bah, I'm in a generally pissy mood. I talked to my mom for quite a while yesterday and found out some **** I didn't want to believe. Looks like Xmas eve at my bro's house should be interesting, probably culminating with me never speaking to my father again. Depends what he has to say. Anyways, I'll be doing at least cardio today, if not weights too. I need to blow off some steam.

Crazy part about all this crap happening.........with everything around me seeming to fall apart, my marraige seems to be getting stronger every day. What a great woman I have. Heather, I love you.

That's all, I need to go do something......

Coke
12-23-2003, 06:52 AM
...you do indeed have a fantastic wife and you are truly a wonderful man! Everybody takes some time off from it all, forget the weights/diet and enjoy the new home - it was all a matter of timing bro, this is the holidays!

My advice is to always speak to Dad - don't change your standards because of any situations, you've got to honor both parents regardless - ;)

Love everybody and be an example this x-mas...now enough preaching, lol - I wish you and Heather the best always mang - :D

ericg
12-23-2003, 07:08 AM
Sounds like you are going through some rough moments man, sorry to hear that. I am sure you will work things out for the better though. This time of year always seems to bring some sort of drama, im sure things will settle down and get back on track after the new year. Good luck with your dad. Keep your head up and take it easy man.

Mik
12-23-2003, 07:19 AM
Sorry to hear about all the crap you're going through Justin. I know where you're coming from. I went through a similar situation with my folks a number of years ago and found out some nasty **** which resulted in me basically cutting off my family for close to 10 years. In hindsight I wish that didn't happen as I missed a good many years with them. It's not easy but you've got loved ones to help get you through. I wish you and Heather all the best and hope you have a good holiday season (you deserve it after all this).

JustinF
12-23-2003, 07:38 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifCocoa- Thanks a lot bro. Your words are much appreciated. :D

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.giferic- Thanks bro. As much as I'd like to believe, there are certain things that I cannot and will not accept in my life. Without getting into it further here on the boards, if after talking to him I'm not satisfied I have to accept and move on. With or without that relationship. Hit me up on AIM or Yahoo if you have a second.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMik- I really appreciate the well wishes bro, means a lot. I wish you a very happy holiday as well, have fun on your vacation!! :thumbup:

Sorry 'bout the rant up there, I just read it and it's pretty negative

Really, I'm not negative all the time. :)

Isaac Wilkins
12-23-2003, 08:21 AM
Hey man, just checking in. Glad to hear the move is going well, and hopefully the family situation stabilizes somehow.

Strongman would be a good call for you, actually. We can chat about it sometime if you'd like.

Happy holidays!

pruneman
12-23-2003, 09:55 AM
Hey justin. I hope things pick up for you...sound like you're going through some real crap. you are very lucky to have such a good relationship with your wife. Happy holidays

HeatherLF
12-23-2003, 10:52 AM
:alcoholic

This will be us this holiday!! Its been a crazy year, really good-to really bad.
Keep the spirits up my love, there is alot to be thankful for.

MWA.

clvmike19
12-23-2003, 11:04 AM
Hey drinking helps me survive :D Sounds like some rough times though. I hope all goes well....youll be back like a madman in no time.

chops
12-23-2003, 11:12 AM
haven't been in here for a bit and whoa! i'm sorry to hear about your parent's situation. i went thru the same situation with my parents, so i know how it feels. it may not feel like it now, but time does heal. your sentiments towards your mom and heather are heartwarming - god bless, merry xmas!

HahnB
12-23-2003, 11:39 AM
Glad to hear your happy with your woman, it's great to have that person there no matter what else is going on in your life:) Get back in the gym, no better way to relieve that stress :strong:

cphafner
12-23-2003, 02:52 PM
A strong woman in your life is a great thing. Two(mom and heather) are even better! Sorry to hear about your dad. My brother disowned my dad after my parents divorce. It took us about 2 years to get my brother and dad to speak again. I know somethings are hard to forgive, and understood his frustration. After a while he thought about all our father did for him, and still doesn't forgive him for what he did to our mom, but was able to accept him back into his life as his father. I hope the new year brings better luck! Hope you and Heather have a Merry Christmas!

midee1
12-23-2003, 03:22 PM
Keep your chin up through the holidays man. It will all sort itself out in due time.

Lookin forward to some killer sessions from you when ya get settled in. :thumbup:

Deibiddo
12-24-2003, 02:48 AM
Man it happens get everthing set up and back to it when you can!
Merry Merry! Hope Santa really good to you and Ms Heather! Everything works out most of the time no matter what we do. :dj:

JustinF
12-24-2003, 05:00 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifBorris- Thanks bro. I'm not going to be on AIM a lot for the next week or so, but if ya see me, hit me up. I'd like to chat about the strongman stuff and your views on it. Happy Holidays to you as well!!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifp-man Happy Holidays to you as well brutha! I appreciate the well wishes.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWifey- My spirits are picking back up baby. Thanks. MWA And yes, we shall be induldging in plenty of alchohol this weekend. :)

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifclvmike- Thanks bro. I'm already mentally there (madman), Monday I will be physically back.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifchops- Thanks for the comments girlie. My women are the most important things in my life! :) I appreciate the sentiments, God bless you as well. Enjoy the Holidays!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifHahn- You're correct, I am very lucky. :)

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifcphafner- Thanks for the comments bro. You're probably right, but only time will tell. I will probably at least keep a civil relationship, if onlt for the benefit of my future child/children. Happy Holidays bro.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifmidee- Thanks bro, I appreciate it. Keep your eyes open for that killer workout. It's coming on Monday!!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifDeibiddo- Thanks bro. Santa was already very good to us, with the Condo. Too bad he left payments to go with it! :( ;)

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifJust wanted to leave a big THANKS to you all. This place is really like a second family.

It will happen tonight for better or worse, that's all I'll say for now.

I took the first step to the hardcore me last night. I had been growing my hair for about a month to a month and a half, it was pretty damn long. I decided I had enough of it, shaved it off, put my hoops back in, and BAM. Amazingly, I had an instant attitude transformation. It's like the hardcore me came back out. I think I just like looking mean. And I gotta say it, Heather was quite happy. ;)

Attitude is a big part of it I think, and at least that's back. And I'm 100% sure that on Monday I'll be posting a killer session. I'm feeling it.

midee1
12-24-2003, 06:50 AM
Lookin forward to that Monday dude :whip:

briancurran01
12-24-2003, 07:37 AM
Hey Justin.

Sorry for the stuff you have to go through. That is tough.

Luckily you have your wife to support you through all of this. ANd a whole lotta people here.

Just keep up the positive attitude that is the best thing you can do.

Hope you and your wife have a GREAT christmas and a GREAT new year.

midee1
12-24-2003, 04:10 PM
Hey Justin,

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Wikked1
12-25-2003, 06:35 AM
Looking BIG & MEAN?? Priceless man! Merry Christmas!

Deibiddo
12-25-2003, 06:52 PM
Good to hear you feel like your old self, looking forward to Monday post.

midee1
12-27-2003, 06:32 PM
:windup:

midee1
12-29-2003, 07:00 PM

* awaits Mondays workout. tapping foot?

Mik
01-04-2004, 10:52 AM
Hope you and Heather had a good holiday season. How's the house coming?

JustinF
01-05-2004, 05:18 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifmidee, brian, wikked, deb, mik- Thanks for the bumps fellas, it's been a long time.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWell, a lot has happened over the past month or so. Without getting into to many details, things are "o.k" with me and pops. I'll leave it at that for now. Mom is still a wreck, I'm doing all I can just to be there for her.

The condo is coming along nicely. Started painting, etc. I'll be putting in the garage door opener next weekend as well as running wires through my walls for my surround sound. Fun stuff.

On the workout front, I'm starting fresh today after work. Let's just say I pretty much sabatoged my whole years work. I stepped on the scale last night and weighed in at a whopping 298 lbs. Insane. I am fatter than when I started my cutting contest with ElP. I'm probably over 20%BF again. Stress, business, and laziness all played a part. It's a new year, things have settled down, and I'm back.

I will be following a 3 day split, with cardio on the off days. MWF will be weights. Back to the basics for me.

I hope everyoe has a fantastic new year. I'll catch up with y'alls journals a bit later today. :D

:strong:

Tank23
01-05-2004, 06:04 AM
Good to see you getting back into the swing of things mate. I know it can be tough keeping training and diet 100% through the interferance of personal issues, but think of it as a learning experience ay.

Take care mate, and train hard. I'll be checking in regularly, and I want to see some solid workouts, OR ELSE! :D

Wikked1
01-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Welcome back bro....hope the new year is a good one. They don't call it the Silly season for nothing.....

galileo
01-05-2004, 01:10 PM
:eek:

JustinF
01-05-2004, 04:02 PM
1/5/04-Chest and Arms
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifFlat Bench
10x135, 6x205, 3x225, 6x275x2, 7x245

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifIncline Bench
8x225x2

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifDB Flyes
12x35's, 10x45's, 12x45's

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifDB Curls
12x45's, 8x60's

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifJM Press
45x12, 95x10, 95x10, 135x6
not sure I was doing these right, need to find the video again. Frst time doing these, hurts my elbow.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifHammer Curls
12x45's, 8x60's

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifDB Tri Pressup
12x60, 15x60

Diet
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 1: 4 boiled eggs, multi-vite, 4 cups coffee, EC stack

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 3: 2 cups stir-fried veggies, 1 large chicken breast, 5 FOC's, EC stack

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 4: Nada

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 5: 4 scoops whey in water, 60g dextrose

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 6: 8oz lean ground beef, 1 cup ww pasta, 1 cup tomato sauce

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWater: approx 1 gallon

Sleep
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifAprox. 4.75 hours

Random thoughts
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifI didn't really push any of these. I had no spotter, plus I just want to get back into the pattern of actually working out. Diet was OK taday, missed meal 4, for no otherreason than I just forgot to eat. :rolleyes:

It did feel good to be back at it, although I can't wait to move the weights to my buddies house after he closes. It was cold down there. I had to put on long socks and a hat!! It's only about 15 degrees outside, so you can imagine my non-heated garage. The bar was frozen for the first couple of excercises.

Now I am going to post some pictures, for a couple of reasons:

1.) So y'all know I'm not bull****ting you that I threw away my entire years work.
2.) To embarass myself to the point that it motivates me to stick with it.
3.) To track my progress more efficiently and hold myself accountable.

This was about 45 days of no exercise and excessive eating of JUNK that put me at 298 FAT POUNDS. I was 275lbs at the end of my cut, still at about 15%BF back then, but I looked much better than this. In 1.5 months I put on 20+lbs of lard.

I am going on a cut-type of program, with calorie restriction, and ALOT of cardio. I am not doing the low carb thing yet, as it gives me a severe lack of motivation and energy. I will keep everything pretty balanced, with fats being the lowest, followed by carbs, I will be eating protein rich meals, but I will be eating carbs (small amounts) at almost every meal. It will be 5-6 meals a day, maybe only 4 on cardio days. I am still trying to finalize things.

All I know is I'm happy to be back in the swing of things. I am coming back hardcore, and I will be better than ever before. I will not settle, I will not lose motivation, or more importantly willpower. I will not allow things to effect me in such a great way as I had allowed, mainly the family issues. I tell everyone all the time that everything happens for a good reason, I need to take my own advice and just be there for everybody.

Anyways, I'll get on with this now, the pictures will be here in a few minutes. I'm back on the wagon and in the drivers seat!! :D

JustinF
01-05-2004, 04:06 PM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifTank- I got a session in here, not a solid one, but gimme about a week. They'll be solid in no time!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWikked- Thanks bro. This year will be a good one, I know it.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifgalileo- :eek: ??

briancurran01
01-05-2004, 04:08 PM
Glad to see you back Justin.

I know i dont know you that well, but I am getting to know alot of people here and from talking to other people you are very knowledgable. And i needs all the help I can get so I may try to chat with you on aim and stuff to help me out since I am new to this stuff. GLad you are back bro. :)

JustinF
01-05-2004, 04:22 PM
Now I am going to post some pictures, for a couple of reasons:

1.) So y'all know I'm not bull****ting you that I threw away my entire years work.
2.) To embarass myself to the point that it motivates me to stick with it.
3.) To track my progress more efficiently and hold myself accountable.

This was about 45 days of no exercise and excessive eating of JUNK that put me at 298 FAT POUNDS. I was 275lbs at the end of my cut, still at about 15%BF back then, but I looked much better than this. In 1.5 months I put on 20+lbs of lard.

Pictures:

JustinF
01-05-2004, 04:42 PM
And one more picture, non BB related, just because I like it. :D

Coke
01-05-2004, 07:30 PM
You are some wonderful folks, no bs...the pics simply show that you are biggest bro as always, lol

Nice chest and arm session, damn solid work!

Bruteman
01-05-2004, 07:41 PM
Good to see ya back in here big man! Good luck with the cut! Not that you need it, you always cut very well.

ericg
01-06-2004, 06:51 AM
... I'm back on the wagon and in the drivers seat!! :D

Gee this sounds familiar ;)

You are still pushing some crazy weight man! Nice job benching. I am sure you will get back into form in no time. Good luck bro.

Mik
01-06-2004, 06:54 AM
Nice chest session Justin! Especially for being off for so long. he pics don't look as bad as you make them out to be, you'll be right back in no time.

JustinF
01-06-2004, 07:00 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifBrian-Thanks for the words, appreciated. Any questions, feel free to post them.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifCocoa-Thanks bro. Hopefully I'll be pushing some heavy weights shortly.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifB-man- Thanks for the comments bro, much appreciated. No slacking anymore, time to cut up!!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifEric- Put that in there just for you!! ;) Thanks for the comments/help/support, etc!! :D

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMik-Thanks bro. I appreciate it, I think I'll be back at it 100% in no time as well. I'm done with this screwing around stuff!!

drew
01-06-2004, 07:58 AM
Looking good Justin, but where are the wheels? :D

JustinF
01-07-2004, 04:49 AM
1/6/04-Cardio
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifBike
30minutes interval program moderate pace

Diet

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 3: 1 cup ww pasta, .5 cup tomato sauce, 6oz lean ground beef,1 appple, 5 FOC's, EC stack

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 1 tbsp natty PB, 1 cup skim milk

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 5:

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 6: salad with sirloin tips, .5 piece of Brown bread

Sleep
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifAprox. 5.25 hours

Random thoughts
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifTwas REALLY cold yesterday, and the sweat during/after cardio + cold= not good. I better not get sick!! The 30 minutes sufficiently kicked my out of shape ass. Diet was good yesterday, as was H2O intake. I need to get into the habbit of getting to bed earlier. Legs tonight, Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! :D

JustinF
01-07-2004, 05:02 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifDrew-No wheels pictures because these were mainly to show how fat I've gotten from eating like crap and not working out for nearly 2 months. I didn't gain any fat on my legs, so I didn't post them. There's some photo's some pages back if you're interested in that.

ericg
01-07-2004, 05:21 AM
Diet is looking very clean man, but you are very low in calories. Need to bump those up man.

Oh and the link to fitday in your post does not send 'us' to your journal but to the home page. The link in your sig works slicker than sh!t.

Good luck with those gettaway sticks today.

JustinF
01-07-2004, 05:30 AM
Diet is looking very clean man, but you are very low in calories. Need to bump those up man.

Oh and the link to fitday in your post does not send 'us' to your journal but to the home page. The link in your sig works slicker than sh!t.

Good luck with those gettaway sticks today.

Thanks for that info bro. I actually never finished putting in my food at fitday yesterday, so it's low reading. I'll update it now, and change the link in my jornal entry. :D

JustinF
01-07-2004, 05:31 AM
Oh the sweet feeling of DOMS is back. I love it!!! Wooooooo!!

ericg
01-07-2004, 05:35 AM
Oh the sweet feeling of DOMS is back. I love it!!! Wooooooo!!

Im jealous but i will be feeling it tomorrow - i have chest/triceps and then playing some bball afterwards.

Tank23
01-07-2004, 06:06 AM
Yeh DOMS rules man!! I have some crazy lower back/glute/hammy DOMS today :cool:

cphafner
01-07-2004, 06:23 AM
dude, you're a monster. You'll get back in shape in no time, atleast you have a good base to build off of!

galileo
01-07-2004, 06:35 AM
Yay for DOMS! Nay for putuitary disorders!

Wikked1
01-07-2004, 06:40 AM
I agree with cphafner once you're in shape you muscle have memory and you'll be back in no time flat! Nice to see you back in here regulary bro!

midee1
01-07-2004, 04:33 PM

Bruteman
01-07-2004, 08:10 PM
30min interval program! That's a hell of a way to start back into cardio! Have fun beating up your legs tonight man.

JustinF
01-08-2004, 06:33 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.giferic- :D How's your DOMS today?

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifTank- :thumbup:

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifcp-I wouldn't say I'm a monster. Not yet anyways! :evillaugh: When I reach my goals I will be.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifGalileo-What's a putuitary? :p

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWikked-It's good to be back regularly! Thanks.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMidee-:D

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifB-man-I'm desperate. LOL Need to get my ass back in shape!!

JustinF
01-08-2004, 06:43 AM
1/7/04-Cardio
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifBike
20 minutes moderate pace

Diet
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 1: 4 boiled eggs, multi-vite, 4 cups coffee, EC stack

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 3: 2 cups stir fried veggies, 1 large chicken breast ,1 appple, 5 FOC's, EC stack

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 1 tbsp natty PB, 1 cup skim milk

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 5: 1 cup kimchee

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 6: 2 cups pasta with tuna

My Fitday (http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=JustinF)

Sleep
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifAprox. 5 hours

Random thoughts
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifI was planning on doing legs, but it was ****ing freezing downstairs, so I did cardio instead. Of course wifey comes home and makes me look like a wuss. She did a full body last night in the freezing garage. :redface:

Ah well, so I got thin blood......:p Yeah, that's it. :D

HeatherLF
01-08-2004, 07:01 AM

ericg
01-08-2004, 07:11 AM
Haha, if your tongue doesnt stay stuck to the BB then its warm enough to lift!

Good job with the diet again.

Oh and DOMS is kicking in already! Gotta love it.

pruneman
01-08-2004, 07:40 AM
Diet looks right on Justin. Lookin forward to seeing some sessions (as long as its not too cold :D jk) Glad to see you're back on track :thumbup:

Mik
01-08-2004, 07:50 AM
Diet looks good man. Put teh wifey to shame and squat til ya barf! :)

Wikked1
01-08-2004, 07:53 AM
Random thoughts
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifI was planning on doing legs, but it was ****ing freezing downstairs, so I did cardio instead. Of course wifey comes home and makes me look like a wuss. She did a full body last night in the freezing garage. :redface:
*SHAZAM* UnderArmour no more thin blood excuses :D
(Just kidding man it ain't so much the lifting as the COLD weight on the hands and the cold bar just kind of feels wrong)

chops
01-08-2004, 03:22 PM
[b]

got a portable heater?

JustinF
01-08-2004, 04:02 PM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.giferic- Glad to hear you're loving your DOMS too!! I'm gonna have some leg DOMS manana.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifwifey- :hump: ;)

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifp-man- Thanks bro. That won't happen again!! I cannot be shown up by my wife!! :p

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMik- Didn't go till I barfed, but I did squat. Need to get back in my groove before I start hurlin'!! :D

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWikked- True dat, but I'll deal!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifchops- Yes, but I bought some cheapo from Walmart that does nothing but waste electricity. When will I ever learn?? :rolleyes: We'll just deal with the cold, it's more hardcore anyways. ;)

briancurran01
01-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Nice job with the diet justin.

JustinF
01-08-2004, 04:19 PM
1/8/04-Legs & Cardio
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifSquats 10x135x2, 5x245, 5x315, 10x265, 8x265

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifHammie Curls 15x90, 7.5x135, 9x115

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifDB Calf Raises 20x100's(each hand)x3

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifBike 15 minutes mid-moderate paced interval program

Diet

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 3: 2 cups stir fried veggies, 1 large chicken breast ,1 appple, 5 FOC's, EC stack

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 1 tbsp natty PB, 1 cup skim milk,1 can chicken

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 5: 4 scoops whey, 60g dextrose in water

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 6: 2 large chicken breasts stir fryed with 1 large yellow bell pepper ans 1 cup broccoli, 2 tbsp teriakki sauce

Sleep
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifAprox. 4.75hrs + 1 hr nap

Random thoughts
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gif I had to kind of improvise because the bench that I normally to xtensions with, and the other machine I do calf raises with do not fit in my garage. I will be able to do the normal routine once we move the equipment into mt friends house. He closes on the 23rd.

I split the ass out of my warmup pants on my first set of 245lb squats. It was rather amusing, I was getting hot anyways. :p

I wasn't going to do cardio today, but with the few limited exercises I could do, I felt it wasn't enough. Not a big deal, I could use all the cardio I can get. :D That is 3 days already of cardio this week! Woot!!

Anyways, I'm gonna hit the shower and go to bed after I eat. That is the one thing I still need to work on, sleep. Hasta y'all.

JustinF
01-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Nice job with the diet justin.
Thanks, I'm trying.

Wikked1
01-08-2004, 05:52 PM
Back in the groove already......cept for busting out the ass in your pants bro.....glute POWER! ;)

Mik
01-08-2004, 07:40 PM
I know your lack of sleep kills you Justin, work on it bro! Splitting your pants is hillarious. Nice job on the legs, now keep your pants on and keep pushing! :)

Coke
01-08-2004, 08:34 PM
You are seriously back on track with it bro...Good leg session!

Deibiddo
01-09-2004, 12:12 AM
Glad to see you both back at IT, good work

JustinF
01-09-2004, 03:37 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWikked- rofl. HAHA. It's my squatters ass, not cuz I'm fat or anything. :angel:

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMik- It does kill me, but going to bed anytime before 10PM just doesn't feel right to me. I did get 6.75 last night! Woot!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifCocoa- Thanks bro, appreciate it.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifDeibiddo- Thanks man. It's been a long enough haitus for me!!

midee1
01-09-2004, 06:07 AM
Tell the truth Mang you :fart: and blew them pant right out didn't ya. :nod:

Good to see your back into the game.

pruneman
01-09-2004, 06:30 AM
LMAO at the pants. Good thing you weren't at a gym :p

JustinF
01-09-2004, 06:39 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifThought I'd throw out some goals for this year to shoot for.

1.) Before I start a bulk again, I want to get down to 250lbs without sacrificing too much or any LBM.

2.) Get into good cardiovascular shape.

3.) I'm not too concerned with what I lift, but it would be cool to reach these: Bench-405x1, Deadlift- 550x1, Squat- 450x1. (These are all my goals for year end.)

The lifting goals are pretty lofty, but I think if I stay focused and truly dedicated they are attainable. I guess it depends on how long the cut takes too, as I'm pretty sure I won't be getting too much stronger on the cut.

The weight goal is not set in stone, it's an estimate. When my BF gets pretty low, to where I like how I look, I will start a slow, clean bulk. I am estimating that that will be ~250lbs, but could be more I guess.

ElPietro
01-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Good luck with your goals brother. You have excellent dedication, so I'm sure you'll achieve them.

cphafner
01-09-2004, 08:52 AM
you should have no problems hitting you goals. Can't wait to see you as a monster!

HeatherLF
01-09-2004, 02:36 PM
Ha ha...just say no to crack sweetie! :moon:
3 days of cardio.. :thumbup: I'm so proud!

midee1
01-09-2004, 06:24 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

She's funny I think her and Mistress Dee would get along well. :evillaugh

We may be in trouble though. :rolleyes:

Franjipani
01-10-2004, 01:51 AM
Thanks, I'm trying.

What?? :shoot:

:hello: Happy New Year.....give me a hoy when your ready

Mik
01-10-2004, 12:29 PM
Good luck with the goals Justin. I hope '04 is a good year for ya!

Coke
01-11-2004, 01:49 AM
You can reach all them goals no matter how difficult but that means sessions, sessions bro - :D

Bruteman
01-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Was wondering if you were still planning on playing football this year? If so, when does it start?

JustinF
01-12-2004, 02:49 AM
Thanks all for the replies.

Just wanted to put out an FYI, I may not be around for a while. I have some serious **** going on right now, and frankly, I just don't feel like posting. I'll still be working out and dieting, but as far as posting, or IM'ing or anything I just am not in a very positive (or probably stable) mental state right now. You all take care.

Peace out.

Deibiddo
01-12-2004, 03:47 AM
Good luck bro,,,, Stay Strong it will work out!

galileo
01-12-2004, 06:14 AM
I hope everything's alright, Justin. Really sorry to hear you're having problems.

Take care and resolve this ****!

Mik
01-12-2004, 10:06 AM
Good luck Justin. Hope you resolve this soon. If ya need/wanna chat lemme know!

ericg
01-12-2004, 10:16 AM
Dam bro. Sorry to hear about your state of mind - i really hope things get better for you. If you ever need to chat let me know. My thoughts are with you.

JustinF
01-14-2004, 02:53 AM
Deibiddo, Galileo, Mik, and Eric- Thank you all for the concern, it is truly appreciated. Things are going to get better someday.... :)

JustinF
01-14-2004, 07:10 AM
OK, it's high time I stop feeling sorry for myself, or blaming myself for what happened. It's over, things are slowly turning around, and I must move on. I'll get back to posting my sessions, and get back to my old self.

Yes, some serious **** happened with my family, but it's all a learning experience, right. That's what life is all about, it's what you make of the situation that dictates it's meaning. See y'all regularly. :thumbup:

cphafner
01-14-2004, 07:20 AM
Justin, I'm sorry to hear about the problems you're having. Good luck in figuring things out. I guess when it rains it pours, so I'm sorry to see so many things piling up at once. I'm sure you'll come out on top!

JustinF
01-14-2004, 07:23 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifcphafner Thanks man, everything will be just fine. That which doesn't kill you makes you stonger right? :p Time to get stronger! :)

ElPietro
01-14-2004, 07:25 AM
Hey brother, sometimes it's a good idea to just stay focused on your training during tough times. If training and posting here and stuff adds some stability, then it can really help, as funny as that may seem. I could tell when I met you that you were a pretty level-headed, down to earth guy, so I'm sure you'll get through things alright.

Wikked1
01-14-2004, 07:38 AM
You've got great character bro,it's sure to help you though life's trials and tribulations....it will make you stronger and I agree with ElP. Sometimes working out can help a great deal to resolve situations and help maintain perspective. I hope things clear up and you get stronger bro!

EdgarMex
01-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Damn, it looks like there's all sorts of negative stuff happening all over this place.

You're right about taking all this stuff that's happening to you as a learning experience. Thinking positive makes it a bit easier to deal with life's problems. :)

JustinF
01-15-2004, 03:55 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifPete Thanks bro, I appreciate that. On the training front, it's partly that yes, I was really depressed and stuff, and for the short time in the day that I was actually home, I didn't feel like lifting, but the other part of that is I've been running around back and forth all over the place, I've got damn near 1000 miles on my truck in the past 2 weeks!! But I hear what you're saying, and focused is what I will be from here on out. Cardio only for the rest of this week, because I'll still be running all over the place for the rest of it, and then I shall proceed with rippin' **** up in the gym! :evillaugh:

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWikked- I appreciate it man! Things will clear up, I have no doubt about that, especially after last night! I'm already in a better (stronger) place mentally, and physically, well watch out!!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifEdgar- Hey! Welcome back to my journal man!! It's been crazy, when it rains it pours. But as I said, it's one of lifes many tests, and you're right, keeping a positive mindset is key. Don't be a stranger in here! :)

JustinF
01-15-2004, 04:03 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWell, last night was a really good night. With everything happening this past couple of months, I really do have a feeling everything is going to be OK, and turn out for the best.

This place is great. The friends that I made here are great. I really do hope to meet all of you some day.

I'll be getting back to my diet and program today. Just cardio for the rest of this week, as I will still be all over the place after work. I've been getting home late, and waking up early, and not sleeping worth a **** between those times. But last night, I slept right through my alarm. The first time I had a decent sleep in a while, even though I was late for work, it was great. :)

A special thanks goes out to wifey, without you I'd have broken down long ago. Luv ya babe. MWA

Deibiddo
01-15-2004, 04:27 AM
Glad to see things are working out. Keep after it Bro.

JustinF
01-15-2004, 09:44 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifDeibiddo Appreciated bro. Thanks.

JustinF
01-15-2004, 09:48 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifGoing back to the beggining, back to the basics when it all started. Back to WBB.

Monday- Chest and Back
flat bench, incline bench, flyes, CG underhand chins, BB row, deadlift

Tuesday- Cardio, neck, abs

Wednesday- Legs
squats, lunges, calves, Extensions

Thursday- Cardio, abs

Friday- Shoulders, Bi's, Tri's
shrugs, front and lateral raises, OH Press, Dips, Skulls, Preacher curls, hammer curls

Saturday- Cardio, neck, abs

Sunday- off or cardio (probably off) :)

HeatherLF
01-15-2004, 11:43 AM
Glad to see your posting and feeling better about things. Hopefully things will be back to "normal" in time. I know its hard to focus on yourself in tough times, but I think cardio to relieve some stress will do you and your body good. We're all here for you sweetie.

MWA, I love you. :)

Bruteman
01-15-2004, 09:56 PM
Glad to see you're feeling a little better :) You deserve nothing but the best and I hope that's all you get from here on out my man.

Tank23
01-15-2004, 11:18 PM
I'm glad to see you posting again too Justin. It's great that you've sorted things out.

You're new routine looks solid too man. Lets see some good sessions happening ay. Good work on all that cardio too mate :)

JustinF
01-16-2004, 02:48 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWifey- I'm not so sure it will ever quite be "normal" again, but everythings gonna be ok. You're right, I had much more important things to focus on other than myself, but it's time to move on. You're my rock baby, and without you couldn't have been strong. MWA

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifB-man- Thanks bro, much appreciated. I do hope you're right, I've had enough bad news lately that I'm due for something good! :D:D

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifTank- You'll see some sessions coming up very soon bro. Thanks for the support, much appreciated.

JustinF
01-16-2004, 02:52 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gif Jesus. 13 degrees below zero this morning without the windchill factored in. I believe most schools have cancelled classes for the safety of the kids. They say that 10 minutes of any exposed skin could mean frostbite. Whew!

Despite the cold last night, I did manage a quick cardio session, 30 minutes on the bike, moderate pace. Will do more tonight, Saturday, and Sunday, then start with the weights on Monday. Woot!!

I've spent almost $100 on gas this week. Almost 1,000 miles on my truck the past two weeks. Damn.

Wikked1
01-16-2004, 06:27 AM
I feel your pain man we had 16 below this AM.......you know it's damn cold when the snow squeaks!!! ahhhh but ther HEMI power bro....you have to feed the BEAST! :evillaugh but the gas pump has to be a downer!

Isaac Wilkins
01-16-2004, 06:50 AM
Good to hear things are coming around, man. We're happy to see you back in it.

And this cold? F*ck that. :mad:

Coke
01-16-2004, 06:52 AM
Do what you gotta do bro, but I want to see a damn session today mang - :D

clvmike19
01-16-2004, 06:54 AM
Witches tit:brass bra......yoi! thats cold!

Keep your head up and hit those weights like a bastard :thumbup:

cphafner
01-16-2004, 08:34 AM
dude you're nuts working out in that weather. Thats a lot of gas. Damn trucks.

Xand
01-18-2004, 03:21 AM
Hey Justin caught up on your journal and really glad to see you're back on track. One of my reasons for moving back to TX was because my parents just split up and my mom wasn't doing to well with it. Anyway, I don't miss the MA weather. I wore shorts today!!!!

galileo
01-19-2004, 06:32 AM
Justin, you are not online. It is 8:30, what's the ****ing deal? :)

Bruteman
01-19-2004, 09:41 PM
Hey! We want some workouts d@mnit! Of course your hands might just be froze to the bar so you can't type. At least that better be the case! :)

JustinF
01-20-2004, 02:53 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWikked- Yeah, the gas pump was definately a downer!! Just because I've had to drive so damn much lately. My drive to Canada next month shouldn't take too much. :(

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifBorris- Thanks brutha! And I agree 100% about the cold!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifCocoa- See below. :)

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifclvmike19- Gotcha!! Thanks for stopping by.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifcphafner- :nod: on all accounts!!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifXand- Sorry to hear about your parents, that's never an easy thing! Don't be a stranger in here. And about the shorts comment..... :swear: :)

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifgalileo- Would you believe me if I said I was soooo busy at work I had no time? ;) I didn't think so. We had the day off in observance of MLK Day.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifB-man- My hands were frozen to the bar, but I managed to pry them off. See below.

JustinF
01-20-2004, 03:07 AM
1/19/04-Chest & Back & Cardio :eek:
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifFlat Bench 12x135, 6x185, 8x265, 8x245, 6x225

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifIncline Bench 7.5x225, 6x225, 6x225

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifDB Flyes 12x35'sx2

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifNeutral Grip Pullups BWx3x3 ****ing pathetic!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifBB Row 8x225, 10x185x2

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifSumo Deadlift 8x225, 6x315x2

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifBike 60 minutes moderate intensity interval program; 16.2 miles

Diet
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 1: 6 eggs, 1 banana, multi-vite, 4 cups coffee, EC stack

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 2: 2 scoops whey, .5 cup cottage cheese, 5 FOC's

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 3: 1 pc lasagna, 5 FOC's, EC stack

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 4: 1 can chicken, 2 slices ww bread, 1 tbsp natty PB

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 5: 4 scoops whey in water

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 6: 2.5 cups stir fried veggies, 9oz lean beef

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 2787
Fat: 122 1096 41%
Sat: 38 341 13%
Poly: 13 115 4%
Mono: 37 334 12%
Carbs: 148 513 19%
Fiber: 20 0 0%
Protein: 270 1082 40%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Sleep
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gif8.25 hours

Random thoughts
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifNot a bad weekend, things are starting to look up. Had yesterday off, so I decided to do cardio as well as weights, not like I have the danger of getting skinny! :p

I did the cardio at around 9:30 AM, and the weights at around 4:30PM, so I had plenty of rest between. Diet was pretty clean, I haven't figured calories or macro's yet, I'll edit that in.

I didn't go all out on the weights, I want to get back into it first. I'm extremely weak, I hope it comes back soon. I had no spotter, so the bench press sucked as well, spent most of my energy unracking the weight. Deadlifts felt good today, although the weight was extremely light. I had no twinge in my back as I used to when I was doing them regularly.

I'll catch up with y'alls journals in a bit. Later.

midee1
01-20-2004, 05:11 AM
:clap:

That looked pretty damn impressive. Gettin back to the Justin of old huh?

Coke
01-20-2004, 05:27 AM
That is some good stuff and I won't dare call it a comeback...1 hour of cardio means real business bro

galileo
01-20-2004, 06:24 AM
Busy, ha!

briancurran01
01-20-2004, 07:03 AM
Nice work Justin.

ElPietro
01-20-2004, 07:25 AM
Good job on the cardio stickboy! :p

Wikked1
01-20-2004, 07:47 AM
8X265 ain't weak bro! tuttut
Nice workout and keep up the cardio man ....looks good in here!

Mik
01-20-2004, 08:09 AM
Glad to hear things are turning around for ya Justin. I know what it's like letting yourself slide when there's $hit going on. Nice looking workout man. Keep it up!

HeatherLF
01-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Weights AND Cardio...you are serious! :cool:

Relentless
01-20-2004, 11:15 AM
Just because I've had to drive so damn much lately. My drive to Canada next month shouldn't take too much.

Driving to Canada?

Why wasn't I informed? What's the scoop?

WillKuenzel
01-20-2004, 05:37 PM
Yes, I would like to as 'weak' as you, cardio bunny! :p

JustinF
01-21-2004, 07:37 AM
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMidee- No doubt, and about time!!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifCocoa- Don't call it a comeback yet, lol. I am going 3 days strong!!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifG-money- Always!! :p

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifBrian- Thanks. :)

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifPete- I'm a far cry from being a stick, unfortunately.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWikked- Thanks bro, I will keep it up.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMik- Thanks brutha, will do. Keep your head up!!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifWifey- Damn straight!!

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifCallahan- I'm taking wifey to the Falls for V-Day. I know it's kindof a haul for you, and you are probably busy that weekend, but if your not, Friday evening and Sunday afternoon are open for us.

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifHomey- LOL. Keep in mind I got ya by what, 100lbs? :(

JustinF
01-21-2004, 07:52 AM
1/19/04- Cardio
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gif

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifBike 40 minutes moderate intensity interval program;

Diet
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 1: 4 eggs, 1 banana, multi-vite, 4 cups coffee, EC stack

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 2: 1 cup oats, .5 cup cottage cheese, 1 large chicken breast, 5 FOC's

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 3: 1 pc lasagna, 1 large chicken breast, 5 FOC's

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 4: 2 slices ww bread, 1 tbsp natty PB, 2 scoops whey

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 5:

http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifMeal 6: 1 large chicken stir fry sub on wheat bread with cheese, 1 small bad baked lays (I know)

Sleep
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gif4.5 hours

Random thoughts
http://www.gifs.cc/red1ac.gifNone.

galileo
01-21-2004, 09:52 AM
MIIT? So, you feel you're good enough to invent your own protocol? :D

Alke
01-21-2004, 01:49 PM
some good weights for not going all out yet, you'll be gettin gthe feel for things soon I bet. if your like me, the more you get to go all out on certain exercises, the better the workout

Wikked1
01-21-2004, 01:58 PM
4.5 hours sleep :eek: that sucks bro.......hard to grow or shred on that!

Relentless
01-21-2004, 02:11 PM
I'm taking wifey to the Falls for V-Day. I know it's kindof a haul for you, and you are probably busy that weekend, but if your not, Friday evening and Sunday afternoon are open for us.

The weekend of V-Day?

Damn man, they like triple the prices of every hotel in the city for that weekend... I mean it's romantic and stuff but you can have the same great time for a lot less if you go on a different weekend.

But, if you're stuck on bein' there I can see maybe a lunch on Sunday or something. I'll talk to the boss.

JustinF
01-22-2004, 05:21 AM
MIIT? So, you feel you're good enough to invent your own protocol? :D

lol, nope. Just to fat and out of shape right now to even think about high intensity!!

JustinF
01-22-2004, 05:22 AM
some good weights for not going all out yet, you'll be gettin gthe feel for things soon I bet. if your like me, the more you get to go all out on certain exercises, the better the workout

I agree bro. I can't wait till my strength gets a bit better. It's much funner to be pushing some decent weights.

JustinF
01-22-2004, 05:22 AM
4.5 hours sleep :eek: that sucks bro.......hard to grow or shred on that!

Unfortunately, that's about my average. :(

JustinF
01-22-2004, 05:25 AM
The weekend of V-Day?

Damn man, they like triple the prices of every hotel in the city for that weekend... I mean it's romantic and stuff but you can have the same great time for a lot less if you go on a different weekend.

But, if you're stuck on bein' there I can see maybe a lunch on Sunday or something. I'll talk to the boss.

Yeah I know, but I haven't been to the Falls since I was 18. It was pretty much Heather and I's first trip together. Thought it would be special. I don't mind the price, she's worth it. :D

Let me know 'bout Sunday. It'd be good to see ya again. I'll talk a little more this time. ;)