PDA

View Full Version : Wheat Grass

gflexx
01-23-2001, 12:00 PM
I was wondering has anybody tried wheat grass before? If os does it taste nasty? Im going to buy some today and throw in my diet or whatever. And i heard it tastes kinda nasty. :(

Kama45
06-20-2002, 03:21 PM
I have it all the time. The taste isn't that bad, plus you're taking a quick shot of it.

Does anyone no the nutrional benefits of it? Is it equivalent to a couple servings of vegetables like the claims being made?

I know it's a good way to pass marihuana urine tests........:p

Tryska
06-20-2002, 03:30 PM
wow.....did you just read my journal?

i was jsut talking about wheatgrass.....

here's the deal on it.....the juice you get from it is high chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is almost exactly the same as hemoglobin, except that the iron that makes blood red, is exchanged for magnesium that makes the chlorphyll green.

it's a great blood strenghtener and cleanser, therefore enhancing your immune system, and deodorizing your system.

1 oz allegedly offers allt eh benefits of 2.5 lbs of green vegetables, but the only way i figure this works is because of the nutrients in it. it won't give you the fiber that regular vegetables have, so i wouldn't swap out eating vegetables for drinking wheatgrass juice.

I know it's great for knocking out a cold..that happened to me just last weekend.

it tastes kinda sweet, and then there is a very..err...grassy aftertaste...if you've ever played football 9american football), you'll find it quite familiar.

Manveet
06-20-2002, 06:52 PM
Interesting stuff on chlorphyll. I just thought chlorphyll was a green pigment found in plants that aided in photosynthesis.

Tryska
06-20-2002, 07:15 PM
i like to think of it as the plants "blood". ;)

Qea
06-20-2002, 07:22 PM
Anything that tastes that bad must be good for you :D

Try it with ginger juice. You'd be gagging for minutes, but your body will love you for it

Tryska
06-20-2002, 07:25 PM
ack.

i can't even fathom wheatgrass and ginger, man. and i've had both. again..ack.

Qea
06-20-2002, 07:32 PM
what? you never tried them both mixed into a nasty little shot?

where have you been?

;)

Tryska
06-20-2002, 07:36 PM
no.

definitely not.....but i can imagine taking a shot of wheatgrass with a ginger chaser. I'd wanna puke, but the ginger wouldn't let me. *shudders*