27g carbs
22g protein

good day.

DaCypher
08-28-2002, 09:37 AM
Cool, high protein, gotta get me some of those. :D

iLUDEd
08-28-2002, 01:01 PM
i take it the majority of that 29g of fat is saturted, being from McDonals n all..

galileo
08-28-2002, 01:04 PM
Not so much now, since they stopped using beef tallow to cook them and switched to vegetable oil. I think it's only 6g of sat.

Stray
08-28-2002, 05:55 PM
Remember 20 pieces?

Wizard
08-28-2002, 06:20 PM
29 grams of fat???!!!

Damn..

(pukes out the sixth mc killer)

GIS
08-28-2002, 08:05 PM
A double whopper with chease value meal from Burger King has 2,100 calories.

That boggles my mind, really....

Alex.V
08-28-2002, 08:09 PM
No ****! I've just figured out how to gain weight without going broke.

Tryska
08-29-2002, 07:38 AM
i'm still trying to figure out how the hell they pack all that into one teeny mcnugget.

DaCypher
08-29-2002, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by GIS

Cool, you probably can't beat the calorie to buck ratio though. :)

Flyersfan
08-29-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by GIS

And it's a salt lick, too! Not counting the beverage, a double whopper w/cheese and a King Size fries is 2480 mg of sodium.

The food alone is 89 grams of fat (36 saturated), 128 grams of carbs, and 71 grams of protein. If you have a non-diet soda, add another 60-100 grams of carbs.

In all seriousness, a whopper or double whopper might be the perfect sandwich to round out the day while bulking. I keep my fat and carbs low wherever I can. The sandwich would bring my ratios up to a better split and I'd get the extra calories I need to grow.

aikigreg
08-29-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
i'm still trying to figure out how the hell they pack all that into one teeny mcnugget.

That would be because Mcnuggets aren't meat, they're PARTS...

and the occasional rat dropping

*shudder*:D

Blood&Iron
08-29-2002, 02:20 PM
The rat dropping posts are gone...

Though this thread was never too serious, let's keep things from getting too silly.

Benito Mussolini
The truth is that men are tired of liberty.

galileo
08-29-2002, 02:24 PM
bah.

BUFF STUFF
08-29-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by galileo
Not so much now, since they stopped using beef tallow to cook them and switched to vegetable oil. I think it's only 6g of sat.

Thing is even if the fat they use is unstaurated olive oil when its cooked it changes to saturated. At least thats what Ernie Taylor says in a article in flex.

:cool:

ryan1117
09-01-2002, 10:28 PM
What bugs me is Subway. They spread this BS about how healthy and good they are for diets. Sure, if you like bread and lettuce, you can have a low calorie meal. However, one time I checked what a footlong spicy Italian sub would have caloriewise (my favorite). That freakin thing has like 1600 calories if you count the oil, cheese, etc they put on it. Yes, I'm smart enough to figure that out, but this is a country full of weak-minded people. It just seems like way to many people will just go by what some company (who is biased since they are trying to sell you something) says without really investigating things. I'm sure tens of thousands of people ordered footlong spicy Italian subs with everything on it "thinking" they were eating healty. All you have to do is look at all the infomercials. If there wouldn't be stupid people buying these things, there wouldn't be an audience!

At least South Park ripped on Subway. That was a joy for me to watch. They said something to the tune of Subway was giving Americans false hope. I also loved how they made up the City Wok diet. I always said that I could make a Big Mac diet work if I wanted to prove a point.

ps. A big mac extra value meal has 1200 or 1300 calories assuming you get a diet soda. So, some subway subs are actually WORSE!

maktub
09-02-2002, 12:54 AM
jamba juice has to be even worse than subway... you get like 3 pieces of fruit some fruit juice and a lot of icecream and all of a sudden its healthy lol... dont forget your wheat grass bath lmao

nzk
09-04-2002, 10:32 AM
well, in defense of subway, they do say that they u should only pick from 6 sandwiches for the "diet" and those 6 are the turkey breast etc. sandwiches, they dont include the meatball etc. on the 6 recommended sandwiches. but hey, joe schmoe aint gonna read the fine print.

Shankerr
09-07-2002, 01:30 PM
damn, and my mate rob wonders why he turned into a fatass after he started eating at Burger King like every day.......

zwarrior99
09-07-2002, 07:53 PM
hmm makes me hungry :)

Majestic
09-09-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by ryan1117
What bugs me is Subway. They spread this BS about how healthy and good they are for diets. ps. A big mac extra value meal has 1200 or 1300 calories assuming you get a diet soda. So, some subway subs are actually WORSE!

I don't know many people who will put oil on their sub (you have to request it), nor do I know many people, especially women, who will eat more than a six inch sub while on a diet.

Subway has never touted their Seafood & Crab, Steak & Cheese, or other "high calorie" subs in their diet ads. And by high calorie, I'm talking 600-700 calories per 6 inch. Well within what most people eat during lunch.

You're not really comparing apples to apples.

Subway is touting their 6 inch subs as being "the bomb" diet food.

It's that simple. It's not misleading. Your accusations border on being baseless.

In reality, very few people wind up walking out with a 6 inch sub that is 200-300 calories (as their napkins insinuate), however, they're not walking out with subs that have more than 500 calories, either. Throw in a bag of chips (140 cals), and a diet soda, and I'd say Subway's claims are fairly close to reality.

I worked at a Subway for 2 years during highschool, and worked with over 2,000 people in a corporate office at my last job. We went to Subway at LEAST once a week. I can tell you that very few people on a diet (the people Subway is targeting in their adds) are walking out with footlong subs.

Highschool kids, fat guys, construction workers, and college males are the ones who buy full 12 inch subs.

None of those people would be upset to find out their footlong Italian BMT has 800 or 900 calories.

Nor are they the people targeted in Subway's adds.

Period.

Stray
09-09-2002, 06:56 PM
Jared?

galileo
09-09-2002, 07:14 PM
Man, I need to stop making controversial posts.

I hate "targeted adds."

Tryska
09-09-2002, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Stray
Jared?

*lmao*

i was thinkign the same thing as i was reaidng that!

GIS
09-09-2002, 11:48 PM
Those new Jack in teh Box commercials where Jack interviews Ronald MacDonald and the guy from (the) Subway are bloody hilarious... talk about the best advertising campaign, and it has been for quite some time.

I still wont eat that crap though.

Junior
09-10-2002, 12:07 AM
Today I was stolling through the food court concerned with what to eat...

so i had

a 12" steak and cheese
and 2 mcdonalds cheese burgers

I think I got the best both had to offer, for instance i got some good quality brown bread from subway and some protein from mcdonalds in those burgers yummm cant wait tell lunch tommorow

the doc
09-12-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by BUFF STUFF

Thing is even if the fat they use is unstaurated olive oil when its cooked it changes to saturated. At least thats what Ernie Taylor says in a article in flex.

:cool:

:omg:

lmao! after reading that i would never trust another word out of that guys mouth

actually they are using partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (an unsaturated fat) which may be much worse for your health than beef tallow

Tryska
09-12-2002, 10:56 AM
word.

the greaseman speaketh.

EngineThatCould
09-12-2002, 01:03 PM
I think Subway is an excellent choice compared to the rest. Sure, the Italian sub will rack up some calories. What do you expect when you can actually see the fat in the meat?

If you look on their website, you can make wise decisions based on your diet. I usually prefer the chicken subs and the Subway club. High in protein and low in fat. Eliminate the mayo and the sauces and go for the vinigarette. Pick up a bag of Wow! chips and drink water versus any soda.

Sounds healthy to me.......try that at McDonalds!

Puttn
09-13-2002, 06:40 AM
i personally just get a 6 inch on wheat at subway and just get a couple extra turkey piled on there d oubling the protein and not the calories.. making it healthy or if im cutting there turkey salad with extra turkey.... just be smart when you eat... subway.com has all nutrition facts