PDA

View Full Version : Darcy's First Cutting Cycle!!!

Darcy Tucker
08-28-2002, 07:25 PM
Current weight is 160lbs.

I'm following the labrada lean body program.

First 3 weeks will be taking in 2400 calories per day. 400 calories per meal (6 total) and approximately 40 grams of protein per meal.

I'm going to start just as school begins.
It will go something like this

MEAL 1
8:45am

- 1 cup of skim milk
- 1 scoop designer whey
- 1 cup egg whites
- pack of instant oatmeal

MEAL 2
10:20am

- tuna or salmon sandwich
- apple

MEAL 3
1:30pm

- turkey breast sandwich
- yogurt

MEAL 4
4:15 pm

- chicken breast
- cup brown rice

MEAL 5
6:30pm

- baked potato
- a real turkey breast
- fat free sour cream

MEAL 6
9:00pm

- protein shake
- 1 cup brown rice

Hopefully all will go well and after the 3 weeks i will be reducing my carb intake a bit. I'm going to do my best to get the meals as close to 400 calories as possible. I've never been really lean and I don't plan on failing at getting lean this time.

Vido
08-29-2002, 10:40 AM
I hope the instant oatmeal isn't flavoured. Also, I know many people on this site will disagree with me, but I still advocate a no-carbs at night policy if trying to cut up. I see basically zero fat in your diet, which is not good anyway. Therefore, just take the baked potato and brown rice out of the last two meals and add some healthy fats (flax oil, natty pb, almonds, etc.). Potatoes are high GI and should be avoided on a cutting diet altogether, except possibly after a workout.

Darcy Tucker
08-29-2002, 01:54 PM
I think I have enough fat. I'm going to give Lee Labrada my faith for 3 months so we'll see what happens. I'm already disobeying his guidlines though as i'm taking in a lot of dairy.

Darcy Tucker
09-23-2002, 03:53 PM
okay I am finally set up. Today is my first day of my 3 month cut up plan. It's september the 23rd which means phase one which involves eating 2400 calories a day will end in 3 weeks. On October 14, I will be taking in 200 less calories.

I think in the last month i'm going to stop drinking milk and replace with calcium pills.

My goal is to weigh at least 166 lbs and be ripped to the bone. Like 5% bodyfat for awhile in march.

I've got everything organized so there is no excuse to mess this up. Guys get at me if I don't write something each day.

Day September 23= SUCCESS!

rookiebldr
09-23-2002, 07:57 PM
Good luck on your diet. However, aren't you at 160?

Darcy Tucker
09-23-2002, 09:26 PM
Yes I'm at 160lbs and want to be at least 166lbs with about a 5% bodyfat come mid march. I don't really have a high bodyfat right now though. I still don't know if that is at realistic or impossible so if anybody can tell me if it is or isn't that would be great. Thanks rookie for taking the time to look at my journal.

Darcy Tucker
09-24-2002, 12:11 PM
I just want to bump this to see if this goal is realistic at all.

galileo
09-24-2002, 12:48 PM
5% is pretty low. You'll be having striations everywhere.

How tall are you?

BennettBoy
09-24-2002, 12:51 PM
Darcy, there is nothing wrong with your goal....but are you doing a show next March? I don't see the need to be at 5% bodyfat otherwise.

The good thing is you have plenty of time to see if what you want to accomplish will work. Try it a month or so and see what is happening. I personally think your calorie intake is going to be very tight to allow you to gain 6 lbs. and drop bodyfat at the same time.

In other words, you might find it easier to try to gain 15 pounds over a 3 month period and then cut down several pounds to get as ripped as you can. 5% may be stretching it unless you are going to compete. You just don't see many folks maintain that low of a bodyfat and I'm not sure it is even safe to do so for long periods of time.

Darcy Tucker
09-24-2002, 02:52 PM
Bennett no competition or anything. It's just that I've always wanted to get in competition shape forever but never had the discipline. It's just a goal to prove to myself that i can get that low of bf and to learn how my body responds with this dieting stuff. I am going away to mexico though at that time too so I best be looking good. ;)

But anyways my only concern is that in 3 months I will be at like 7% bodyfat and then won't know what to do exactly to get it down to 5% 3 months later. Because it is obviously not healthy to keep it that low for that amount of time.

Anywas day 2 has been a success so far! Just had to have a slice of whole wheat bread instead of 5/8 cup of rice. Calories equaled the same so all is good.

rookiebldr
09-24-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by BennettBoy
In other words, you might find it easier to try to gain 15 pounds over a 3 month period and then cut down several pounds to get as ripped as you can. 5% may be stretching it unless you are going to compete. You just don't see many folks maintain that low of a bodyfat and I'm not sure it is even safe to do so for long periods of time.

I would tend to agree. If your bodyfat levels are low enough go for bulk now since you may need the extra time for the muscle gain and then work to get 2lbs of fat off a week at the end. You might find that 7% is a great level to be at instead of 5%. It all depends on how low you current levels are and if your comfortable enough now to bulk.

btw, yea leafs.

Darcy Tucker
09-24-2002, 06:51 PM
It obviously makes more sense to bulk now but I think i'm going to give the cutting phase a go. I just want to see if i can do it.

Darcy Tucker
09-25-2002, 05:57 PM
September 25 was alright but i went to quiznos subs and got one of those cookies with like 300 calories.

Darcy Tucker
09-30-2002, 09:46 PM
Screwed up this weekend and ate really bad. This won't happen again for sure. i'm going to restart the 3 weeks. starting today which i did successfully.

DAY 1 SUCCESS!
20 days to go until second stage of program.

Darcy Tucker
10-01-2002, 10:29 PM
October 1st

I followed my calorie intake perfectly but had 140 calories from a gatorade i drank after i played hockey. i think i should be good though since I played pretty hard for an hour. Therefore i conclude.....

DAY 2 SUCCESS!
19 days to go until second stage of program.

BCC
10-01-2002, 10:59 PM
I think you can easily hit your goals. You could maintain 5% for a bit with a nice strict diet.

BCC
10-01-2002, 11:00 PM
One other thing, stop freaking about about calories and concentrate more on content.

Darcy Tucker
10-02-2002, 07:27 PM
Oh man bought some natures best whey protein today. Not the mrp isopure though. Tastes like dirty ass.
I should have stuck with designer.

Anyways

DAY 3 SUCCESS
18 days to go

Darcy Tucker
10-03-2002, 08:41 PM
Day 4 SUCCESS
17 days to go

I slept during the day though and missed 1 of my six meals. so when i got up I ate a slice of pie instead of that meal. Don't know what that will do.

My new whey tastes so bad that i have to mix it with chocolate milk instead of skim. This might cause some problems because of all the sugar.

Darcy Tucker
10-06-2002, 10:42 AM
Day 4 and Day 5 success

15 days to go.

I'm very pissed though. My chest has gotten so much smaller and weaker since I took so much time of training in the spring and summer. All my progress during the last school year has been for nothing.

Darcy Tucker
10-06-2002, 10:46 AM
sorry that was day 5 and 6 success
14 days to go.

Darcy Tucker
10-08-2002, 02:24 PM
days 7 and 8 somewhat success
12 days to go.