PDA

View Full Version : chiang's journal

chiangxiong
08-31-2002, 12:31 AM
alright here is the start of my journal on the boards, but first a little history on me...

my goal is to get as big as possible i literally have set an impossible goal for myself i would be 400 pounds if i could, its completely unrealistic i know but hell it will keep me working forever :p

im 6'0" and used to weight 190 (not muscle), lost 40 pounds and i currently weigh 150-153. i have been in the gym for only about 4 months, the first 3.5 i didnt know jack, and only the past 2 weeks i feel ive actually started to workout properly, infact this past week i just completed i feel is the first time i worked everything properly and feel it may yield results.

until recently i had been only utilising the generic 3 sets 10 reps workout for nearly everything and i never seemed to get results, dont get me wrong i was looking toned but was not gaining mass.

my diet generalized:

6 meals a day + 1 shake, 3500 - 4100 calories, 300 - 330 grams of protien, varying amounts of carbs sometimes very low sometimes moderate rarely almost never high.

my workout schedule:

Day Muscle Trained

1 Quads, Abs
2 Shoulders , Traps, Forearms
3 Biceps, Calves
4 Triceps, Abs
5 Back, Hamstrings
6 Chest, Calves
7 off

chiangxiong
08-31-2002, 01:17 AM
this past week in review, since this past week i feel is the start of my getting some actual results i will do my best to recall what i did.

sunday:

no soreness feel good

3x15x90 hack squat
1x15x70 leg extension (right leg only)
1x15x70 leg extension (left leg only)
1x15x150 leg extension

3x30 slanted leg raises very slow
3x30 crunches
3x15x35 obliques on slanted roman chair
3x15x120 weighted crunches

monday:

quads sore, abs sore

3x15x70 dumbell press
3x10x30 lateral raise
3x10x30 bent-over lateral raise
3x15x65 upright row EZ Bar
3x15x120 dumbell shrug

3xfailurex65 behind the back forearm thing haha someone help me with the name, i use a straight bar it goes behind my back nuetral shoulder width grip raise using forearms.

tuesday:

quads sore (first time ever), no soreness in delts/shrugs :(

today i tried something new working my muscles to failure starting with biceps, i started with 35 pound dumbells and hammer curled them until failure and immediatly did 30 pounders until failure etc going all the way down to 15 pounders. once i reached failure at 15 (about 40 reps) i took a good 3 minute rest and did the whole thing over again. i ended up running the rack from 35 to 15 a total of 3 times.

i applied the same concept with calves working far beyond the point where it feels like my calves are going to explode and i have an incredibly bad cramp in them (can anyone relate?) which i have never done before. i did the seated calf raise, i started with 65 pounds down to just 45.

wednesday:

biceps sore, calves sore (first time in my life)

i "ran the rack" again today with my triceps and did the usual ab routine.

overhead single dumbell tricep raise behind the head starting with 50 pounds down to 25.

cable tricep pull down starting with 60 down to 30, alternating hand grips every time i start a new im not quite sure what to call it "set" since its comprised of about 5 sets... but i do it 3 times. then to finish them off i did a single handed tricep cable exercise palm up and pulling back and down (not sure on name)

thursday:

abs sore, biceps sore, triceps sore, calves sore

did the back machine seated added 100 pounds more then i normally do and for the first time felt my glutes working and actually had to grunt a bit to keep it going... i think icould of done more since i did not fail on any set up to 15 but it was moderatly tough might bump it to 270 next time.

3x15x250 seated back machine

"ran the rack" and did close grip lat pull down started with 190 pounds down to 110 i believe.

need to start doing varied grips as well as pull ups... TODO list.

then i did bent over dumbell rows starting with 50s to failure down to 35's didnt get as many reps as i wanted lat pull down tired me out.

the only hamstring exercise i do right now is the seated leg curl i want to start doing dead lifts but i need someone to show me proper form first, any other recomendations for hammies?

"ran the rack" with hammies starting with 130 pounds down to 70...

friday:

hamstrings sore, lats slightly sore, lower back sore (first time ever), glutes sore (first time ever), triceps sore (first time ever), calves barely sore

i planned on skipped my pecs today because i was so sore and my triceps where deffinitely going to handicap me but i went anyway, infact i went twice...

flat bench press
125 to failure 15 second rest
115 to failure 15 second rest
105 to failure 15 second rest

by this time triceps starting to give out i already knew this was gonna be a half ass workout :p

flat dumbell bench press 35 pound dumbells
35 to failure 15 second rest
30 to failure

on to incline dumbell bench
30 to failure

my triceps completely gave out at this time i could not even lift a 30 at this point never mind doing free weight flys like i normally do... at this point i left but after about 90 minutes i felt so guilty i went back again and pulled off a few more sets...

flat bench press dumbells 35's
30 to failure 15 second rest

2 minute rest

now i tried incline again 30's
25 to failure 15 second rest

i left after this... half assed again i know but my triceps were giving out.

chiangxiong
08-31-2002, 01:18 AM
my hamstrings are sore right behind and slightly above my knees, is there any way to target them somewhere else? im just wanna make sure im working the whole thing.

after sitting here on the computer for awhile i can barely walk, i have to keep my knees bent lol it looks realy funny...

chiangxiong
08-31-2002, 02:26 AM
terrible camera gonna get a new one soon but its better than nothing, some initial photos to document the progress. ab shot.

chiangxiong
08-31-2002, 02:26 AM
trap shot

chiangxiong
08-31-2002, 02:27 AM
diagonal general upper shot

chiangxiong
08-31-2002, 02:27 AM
another general upper, this PoS web cam cant do wide shots :mad: so everything has to be up close or fuzzy....

chiangxiong
08-31-2002, 02:30 AM
my stick-like arms

chiangxiong
08-31-2002, 12:31 PM
today is my day off, got about 12 hours of sleep and i am so amazingly sore i had a hard time getting out of bed.

chiangxiong
09-01-2002, 12:43 PM
selpt 10 hours today, weighed 155 this morning, legs dont hurt nearly as bad but im taking another day off hopefully they are fine tomorrow.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-01-2002, 01:38 PM
You are horrendously lean.

Good thing: you're gonna notice results quicker than most if you listen to the lads and lasses on this site and train properly and eat right. Yoou're also gonna be able to establish how things effect you muscle wise (ie somethings can be put down to water/glycogen weight etc..)

Good lcuk with your lifting. You already look good, time to look better.

chiangxiong
09-01-2002, 05:03 PM
these pictures dont really do me justice its a combination of bad lighting and a terrible camera, i dont actually look this small normally i need to get a leg shot too.

Budiak
09-02-2002, 06:39 PM
The first thing you need to do is change your status from 'Big Wuss' to 'Master of the f'n universe'