PDA

View Full Version : Can you loose weight on a moderate carb diet?

Celestial
08-31-2002, 12:54 PM
Recently I have had NO engery what so ever and my friend mentioned that he thinks I am not eating enough cals and carbs. Can I still loose weight on a moderate carb diet?

Stray
08-31-2002, 02:07 PM
Try a CKD program :)

Ritzol
08-31-2002, 04:19 PM
I don't think going on these diets is a good thing, I mean once you get off your most likely going to gain that weight back. I think a person who eats generally healthy can have whatever they want in moderation. It's all about calories in vs. calories out and IMO I don't think it matters one way or the other where they come from. You have to have carbs, just like you have to have fat, and you're not going to gain weight from carbs.

Someone who eats **** everyday isn't necessarily going to gain any weight as long as they burn more calories than they're consuming.

Ya so anywayz, long story short. I don't believe in all these special diets, it's a load of crap. If you want to lose weight and keep it off for good, eat clean, and have what you want now and then in moderation.

Celestial
08-31-2002, 04:37 PM
Well I am pretty knowledgable with all the diets. I have lost 90lbs the right way with diet and excersise. But this years been hard cause my body doesnt want to get rid of what body fat I have left.

Shao-LiN
08-31-2002, 04:52 PM
Sure you can lose weight with moderate carbs. Eat below maintenance and do cardio.

TurboStu
08-31-2002, 05:18 PM
You can lose weight on any diet. It is odd, but all the diest out there follow the same three things. 1-smaller portions, 2-more exercise, 3-less fatty things (like candybars). If you follow those three things, you will lose weight no matter what diet your on, whether it's low card, no carb, all protien, etc.! Good Luck!

Shao-LiN
08-31-2002, 06:26 PM
Not necessarily less fatty...but less saturated fats. The thing about candy bars is more the sugar that is in it.

SkinnyPupp
08-31-2002, 06:38 PM
Just burn more calories than you eat.. Fat loss really is quite simple I think :)

Celestial
08-31-2002, 10:43 PM
Not when your body is pleatuea-ing badly like mine. ERRRR

Manveet
08-31-2002, 11:40 PM
Eat a healthy balanced diet Celestial, do your cardio. It will take time but the results will appear.