PDA

View Full Version : Some nutrition help

Holylite
09-04-2002, 08:12 PM
Well, I have recently started lifting and I need help on a healthy diet.

Some preliminary info...

-I'm 6 foot 135 pounds

-I have a relatively high metabolism

Well, after reading a bit I decided that 1 gram of protein per pound of weight should be pretty good for my protein.

Well, what else should my diet consist of, and how much should i eat daily? As always, feedback is appreciated and wanted.

Also if my protein thing is wrong please someone correct me :), thanks.

DylanWaneIV
09-04-2002, 08:31 PM
You aren't saying whether you want to gain weight or what? If you want to gain weight increase the protein a whole hell of alot, increase fats, carbs, calories and just EAT EAT EAT!!!!!!!! At 6' and 135, you might blow away in a brisk wind if you don't put some weight on. With the kind of metabolism you are describing it would be hard to put fat on.

Holylite
09-04-2002, 08:38 PM
Oops, sorry. I'm looking for a diet that will help me to gain muscle. I'm pretty new at this kind of stuff, so sorry if I do not give enough information. I don't really wanna have a whole lot of fat(though I probably need some if I wanna gain muscle LOL), I'm more trying to gain muscle, so those are my goals.

TylerDurden
09-06-2002, 05:55 AM
Do what dylan said!!Eat till you puke then eat some more. eat everything even junk food, just make sure you're eating at least 200 grams of protein a day. Eat at least every 3 hours, and average about 5000 calories a day. read my post in training, NEW IDEA? for more hardgainer tips.