PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Whey protein, which kind?

AdamGberg
09-04-2002, 10:46 PM
i have finally made my decision now that i have gone through 10lbs. of N-Large2 that i want a more "pure" protein without all the scary calories. i just wanna stay away from the whole bulking idea and get straight to the gainin lean muscle mass (don't we all...).

i have been looking at the Optimum Whey 100% protein powder..any other suggestions?

p.s. if this should be in the supplement forum can i have a free move on over there without paying 200$ for passing go? thanx...

Moose
09-04-2002, 11:01 PM
I just bought a 5 lb. tub of Optimum 100% Whey..........
$23.99 for a 5 lb. tub..........can't get much better than that......and it's from a reputable company.

I got mine at www.esupp.net

LAM
09-04-2002, 11:17 PM
if you have any MuscleMag supp. stores in your area you can get EAS Simply Whey for $27 for 5 lbs...

nightop
09-04-2002, 11:41 PM
www.proteinfactory.com cannot be beat for quality protein at good prices....

however 100% whey from optimum is prolly a little more economical, but I personally I overshoot the servings to make sure I'm getting enough despite label claims and I think that particular product uses a mix of CFM, ion-exchange, and primarily whey concentrate (concentrate is what causes gas/bloat and doesn't have as high a pure protein percentage as ion exchange or CFM whey.)

If you do choose the Optimum Nutrition Whey... www.allsportsnutrition.com has 10 pound bags for 50 bucks AFTER tax and shipp.

s_hinobi
09-05-2002, 12:08 AM
i just bought AST Sports Science , Protein & Creatine & they r really great www.ast-ss.com

steveo
09-05-2002, 12:17 AM
I love the prolab protein. I get 5lbs for about $30. You get 24gm of protein from one scoop.

steveo
09-05-2002, 12:38 AM
Is the esupp.com have a fast shipping, I am running fataly low on myoplex.

AdamGberg
09-05-2002, 10:08 AM
Moose: how does that optimum stuff taste? and are you all gasses up after haveing it? thanx

AdamGberg
09-05-2002, 10:09 AM
and anybody have any other suggestions for types of pure protein powders i should look in to?

gino
09-05-2002, 11:27 AM
All protein powders taste crappy in their own way. The first thing to learn in nutrition is that if you're worried about taste, you're gonna get a lot of disappointments, so don't worry about it. Just get the right nutritional stats at the right price and forget about taste. Finding the right stats/price is tough enough. Figure out the grams of protein per dollar between comperable reputable branded products and buy the one that makes the most sense financially.

Jilla82
09-05-2002, 05:46 PM
I just got some Designer Whey and its the best tasting stuff I had so far. I couldnt even stand the taste of the other stuff I had b4

steveo
09-05-2002, 08:11 PM
every person is different. What someone might like you might think it taste like crap. You have to try a few before you find one that fits your taste.

I personally love the ProLab protein. I have heard people say that it taste nasty, but to me the chocolate and Strawberry taste awesome. I look forward to drinking my protein.

nightop
09-05-2002, 08:36 PM
who cares if it tastes good or not... buy in bulk, buy chocolate, chug it down like a man.

duque21
09-05-2002, 08:37 PM
The EAS as LAM presented is good and taste good some how, and I have tried about 10 kinds of pure whey and love that stuff

steveo
09-05-2002, 11:39 PM
I take my protein like a tequilla shot so I don't care much about the taste I'm more intrested in what the label says.

LAM
09-06-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by gino
All protein powders taste crappy in their own way. The first thing to learn in nutrition is that if you're worried about taste, you're gonna get a lot of disappointments, so don't worry about it. Just get the right nutritional stats at the right price and forget about taste.

I wish more people thought like that. Personally I could care less how good or bad my protein shakes taste, they are consumed in 30 seconds or less.

AdamGberg
09-06-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by LAM

I wish more people thought like that. Personally I could care less how good or bad my protein shakes taste, they are consumed in 30 seconds or less.

i really don't give a flying rats asss about the taste...i usually stick with chocolate and blend a banana and chug...help me out and give me your recomendations for best protein per buck per get me "big"...thanx

LAM
09-06-2002, 12:36 AM
for quality and quantity, you can't beat the proteinfactory. I've been using them for years. the only time I buy other stuff is when I'm waiting for a shipment to arrive from them...

I usually use a blend of 33% caesin, 33% egg white and 33% milk protein isolates and get it flavored but with no sweetners. I don't use the artificial stuff, I'll through in a teaspoon or 2 of dextrose if I need to...

gino
09-06-2002, 07:05 AM
Ahhh, I remember those days when I used to throw everything possible into my shakes like ice cream, yogurt, fruit, milk, etc, just trying to make it taste better... Then I learned more about nutrition, and realized all that extra stuff was probably hurting me, as far as my goals were concerned. Now it's any flavor of cheap whey and cheap disgusting dextrose, and down the hatch. The more disgusting they taste, the smaller I try to make them. Right now I mix 40g of whey and 50g of dextrose into 8oz water, which results in a disgusting, but conveniently small shake. I down it, chase it with water, and start planning my next meal.

I was in the supplement store the other day and saw a 5 lb jug of Optimum Nutrition whey protein with a price tag of $18, so I bought it even though the flavor was something that didn't sound very consumable...porkchop cream or something...

Moose
09-06-2002, 07:24 AM
$18 for 5 lbs?????? That's a great buy right there......I bought 5 lbs. of Optimum Whey for $24 on the internet.......

gino
09-06-2002, 11:24 AM
Yeah, that's about what they usually are there too, but this one was discounted because it was an unopened return. Someone got it for a birthday present and didn't like the flavor, I guess. Coincidetally appropriate for this thread, huh?

Puttn
09-06-2002, 01:22 PM
nitro tech tastes damn good but i switched to 100% whey by optimum nutrition 10lbs for 50 bucks is better than 4 lbs for 60 bucks

pearl
09-07-2002, 03:37 AM
optimum and eas seemed the same to me.
same quality, same taste.
i wonderes if they do not buy the **** form the same supplier and just put it in the bags and tubes.

good choice. good taste, no bloating, no discomfort.

Shankerr
09-07-2002, 01:26 PM
I use ProLab, Optimum, and SciFit, I have had good experience with all three. SciFit tastes best, and mixes/tastes best with water if youg et stuck without milk. I think for pure results though, I had best luck with ProLab.

Kenshiro
09-08-2002, 08:29 PM
Yeah stick with the Optimum. It doesnt clump together in the milk, nobody likes clumps.

Darcy Tucker
09-09-2002, 07:12 PM
my favourite is designer chocolate. And it doesn't gas you up like most.

AdamGberg
09-10-2002, 01:10 PM
precise...i am down for what u described...but i will probably substituting H20 for milk. it is more convienient...