Yaz
06-06-2001, 07:48 AM
Ok... I need help.

Dieting. But I feel like total crap in the morning. My ratios are this:

1800 calories -

40% Protein
30% Carbs
30% Fats

I taper off carbs in my last two meals at night... (7p-9p) and get up in the morning to do cardio. Though since this, it has not been my 'appetite' that is bothering me. It is my HUNGER. I wake up with a freakin stomach ache, and a belly that sounds like Cujo.
:confused:

Spiderman
06-06-2001, 08:59 AM
WOW! 1800 calories isn't much bro. Perhaps you should change the ratio around a bit. Perhaps increase the protien and fat a little and decrease the carbs a bit. I'd try to keep your calories no less than 2000. I know you're trying to cut but 1800 calories is ****ING LOW!! That works out to 180 g protien, 135 g carbs and 60 g fat. I suggest upping the protein to about 220 or so. Then increase the fat a little to, try about 80 g and see how this helps does. Try it for a few days and see if you feel any different. :)

kAto
06-06-2001, 11:49 AM
im cutting currently also, except for the fact that i, on the otherhand, feel great and im eating less calories then you, and im prolly heavier, ~198lbs.

i dont understand why people do low carb diets, they arnt very effective, ckd on the otherhand works 2x better if done properly.

why ckd:

-maximum fat burning to all other methods

-weekend carb up to feed cravings as well as preventing metabolic shutdown

-feel more energetic then ever/well being

-maintain muscle mass while on resticted cals; anti- catabolic

-depending on your genetics, you can add a few lbs of lean mass.

-get to eat bacon, steak, chicken wings, eggs, pork, without worry of cholesterol.

-feel full and satisfied all the time

-with assistance of eca, on can burn 2-3 pounds of fat per week!!

need i say more??????????

if you need a sample diet, ill post you mine as an example.

Yaz
06-06-2001, 12:03 PM
Please do. I'm interested.

ElPietro
06-06-2001, 01:27 PM
Should post your stats Yaz. 1800 calories may be low or may not be depending on your size. Give a bit more info to work with.

Yaz
06-06-2001, 01:42 PM
Most everyone knows my stats. We're tightly knit here. :D

But FTR:

Wt: 170
Ht: 5'11
BF: ~16%

kAto
06-06-2001, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Yaz
Please do. I'm interested.

typical day, i don eat the exact same thig every day; i try to keep things interesting, along with trying to stay within a certain caloric limit. i eat every 2.5 hours. get atleast 8hours sleep. AND NO CARDIO, ~well maybe the last week~

meal 1- 3 whole eggs, 3 bacon

meal 2- can tuna, tbsp flax

meal 3- 1/2 pound ground beef or steak

meal 4- 5-6 chicken wings; NO SAUCE!!!

meal 5- small chicken breast, tbsp flax

meal 6- can tuna, tbsp flax

meal 7- some deli meat and 2tbsp of flax

works out to about 1600-1750 calories, ratio is approx 50/50 protein /fat; most people need more fat then protein to enter ketosis, but i can get away with 50/50 ive been on it for two weeks and seeing sick results. i carb up for 36 hours; i eat 80g of carbs per meal, and i have 6 meals; but i dont eat any fat on carb up days, cause that too many cals. but i have been known to pollish of many pizzas throughout the day. :D

started eca this week, and working even better.

give it a try, adjust the ratio to your needs, it takes alot of planning too. and if anyones wondering why i dont include any fibre is that, i have a difficult time getting into ketosis even if i eat veggies, i know its odd.

the funny thing is, with this diet, i sh*t once a week; i feel perfectly fine though.

oh btw, i drink 3-4 gallons of water a day, as well as multi-vitamins.

btw you should enter ketosis within 48 hours, if you dont, that means you need more fat, and less protein.

hope this helps.

the doc
06-06-2001, 07:59 PM
yaz, if your gonna take in that many cals you should follow kato's CKD. THey do work. I would only differ buy adding copious amounts of cruciferous veggies (like broccoli) to keep everything moving and healthy. No bacon either, bad chemicals used in bacon!

Your carbs are making you hungry, if you were in ketosis insulin would not be doing this to you

Now go do it man!

Yaz
06-07-2001, 07:46 AM
One question for you guys on the CKD.

Kato, are you doing the Mon-Tue routines, wed-thursday rest... friday depletion... then sat/sun carb up?