PDA

View Full Version : Straight Outta Knoxville

Gyno Rhino
09-05-2002, 03:31 PM
Am I starting a journal? Oh yes.

Will I update it? Maybe. I keep up with it hardcore at home, but not so much online. I'll try this time, though. I'll post at end of week.

PowerManDL
09-05-2002, 09:32 PM
I am *so* going to clean up with the colon jokes in this thread.

Tryska
09-06-2002, 05:22 AM
ah. powerman is the very pinnacle of good taste.

tell you what glen.....i'l just keep bumping this with random inanity so you are forced to look at it/update it on a regular basis. :thumbup:

Gyno Rhino
09-07-2002, 05:51 PM
Heh, if I just remember to check this forum, it ain't a problem. ;) I'm usually so busy deleting retard posts over in chat that I forget to check it, ye know. ;)

Tryska
09-07-2002, 06:42 PM
those assfaces can keep one busy. *lol*

Pup
09-07-2002, 08:25 PM
*crowbars thread* :)

Gyno Rhino
09-08-2002, 09:29 AM
Okay, here is the routine that I am going to try and follow for a while:

Critique is welcome, but keep in mind that I am no longer an "average lifter" and I'm also damned knowledgable on training/diet etc etc. The reason I've chosen certain exercises and the split is due to my condition and handicap (certain exercises are IMPOSSIBLE, that includes my favorite exercise of all time: the squat).

Also, the leg training is written in. BUT, I doubt I'll be doing it for a while. I'm so exhausted after the upper body work that I really can't do the leg training. ALSO, leg training REALLY REALLY REALLY hurts my stoma/incision/nastiness. It just puts an incredible amount of stress on those areas. So creating a seperate leg day won't work, I can't devote much to the legs at all. Also, the aerobics DO put a good deal of stress on my legs and with the sprinting efforts during the aerobics, they do get some good resistance.

Right now, the lifting is done at about 10:30 at night (this NEEDS to be changed, I'm so tired by that point that lifting isn't as productive or fun as it should be), the aerobics are done around 12:00 in the afternoon. The lifting is done with moderate tempo, nothing explosive, nothing superslow. Every set is taken to failure.

I don't want to hurt myself here, but I'm tired of being weak and sick. I've always firmly believed that life is what you make it. Even when you're dealt a nasty hand, a good poker player can still win. I intend to.

Here's my 2-week cycle in a nutshell (help, I'm in a nutshell):

Monday - Lifting Day 1
Tuesday - Aerobics (30min)
Wednesday - Lifting Day 2
Thursday - Aerobics (30min)
Friday - Lifting Day 1
Saturday - Aerobics (30min)
Sunday - OFF
Monday - Lifting Day 2
Tuesday - Aerobic (30min)
Wednesday - Lifting Day 1
Thursday - Aerobics (30min)
Friday - Lifting Day 2
Saturday - Aerobics (30min)
Sunday - OFF

and REPEAT.

Next post will be the actual training/aerobic routine.

Gyno Rhino
09-08-2002, 09:40 AM
AEROBICS
---

Done on a recumbant bike. 30min total time. Every 5 minutes, I do a sprint/race for a minute, then go back to my more relaxed level. The "relaxed level" is about 60% of my max heart rate. This is easier on my knees than any other aerobics I can do, plus we have a $4000 recumbant bike at home. Very nice.

LIFTING
---

There are two days: Day 1 and Day 2. I have two versions of Day 1, but only one version of Day 2. I alternate 1A and 1B whenever the routine says to do Day 1.

DAY 1: Chest/Delts/Triceps/Quads/Calves
DAY 2: Back/Traps/Biceps/Hams/Calves

I do a total of 3 training sessions a week (see above post). This allows me to hit every muscle group an average of 5 days apart. I'm going to do this, I think, for a while. I'm setting it up this way for a number of reasons, which I'm not gonna bother to list here.

Here are the actual training days:

Day 1A -
Hammer Strength Bench (3 sets of 6/9/12)
Hammer Strength Incline Bench (3 sets of 6/9/12)
Cable Tricep Pressdowns (2 sets of 10/10)
DB Lateral Raises (2 sets of 10/10)
Leg Extensions (3 sets of 6/9/12)
Standing Calves (2 sets of 10/10)

Day 1B -
Hammer Strength Bench (3 sets of 6/9/12)
Hammer Strength Shoulder Press (3 sets of 6/9/12)
Calbe Tricep Pressdowns (2 sets of 10/10)
DB Flyes (2 sets of 10/10)
Leg Extensions (3 sets of 6/9/12)
Standing Calves (2 sets of 10/10)

Day 2 -
Hammer Strength Rows (3 sets of 6/9/12)
Hammer Strength Pulldowns (3 sets of 6/9/12)
EZ-Bar Curls (2 sets of 10/10)
DB Shrugs (2 sets of 10/10)
Leg Curls (3 sets of 6/9/12)
Seated Calves (2 sets of 10/10)

PowerManDL
09-08-2002, 09:51 AM
Good to see you're getting back into it, after everything.

Best of luck.

the doc
09-08-2002, 10:11 AM
best wishes for success !! Glad to see you able to get back into it- do what you can and fuk the rest

Tryska
09-08-2002, 10:11 AM
nice split.

i've been thinking of ways to change mine again, as i'm working my low back a tad too much.

this is a nice option, altho there's no squats or deads in there. still consdiering where your at right now, looks like a good split.

good to see your feeling well enough to get back int he game. (sorta. ;))

JohnCollins
09-08-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Gyno Rhino
Heh, if I just remember to check this forum, it ain't a problem. ;) I'm usually so busy deleting retard posts over in chat that I forget to check it, ye know. ;)

Who polices your posts, hmmmmmmmm???? ;)

JC

chris mason
09-08-2002, 06:30 PM
Nice to see you back at it. I remember when you thought you might never train again, let alone live. Kinda makes you relish the moment even more, eh?

Gyno Rhino
09-08-2002, 06:36 PM
Very much so. :) Gives you an entirely new perspective on everything.