PDA

View Full Version : how far before stopping bulk cycle

frankm007
09-07-2002, 06:08 AM
n/m

Frozenmoses
09-07-2002, 08:46 AM
I think a lot of that depends on your personal preference. Many people decide to stop bulking when their bf% reaches a certain point, some stop when they reach a certain weight, and some stop after a certain amount of time.

I haven't had my bf% checked lately, but its gotten kind of up there (bulked from 135 - 170 lbs in 4 months). I plan on starting to cut either on October 18 or when my new batch of creatine runs out, whichever comes first. I say that if you're unhappy with your wasteline as it is now, start cutting. It's obviously not going to get any smaller if you continue bulking.

Puttn
09-07-2002, 09:29 AM
id say either reach your weight goal or too high bf % you may cut calories just a few

Frozenmoses
09-07-2002, 03:40 PM
Start cutting cals slowly, then. Don't make a huge change all at once or you may lose strength/muscle. Just progressively lower your cals week by week until you see the fat start leaving.

kAiXuan
09-07-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Frozenmoses
I think a lot of that depends on your personal preference. Many people decide to stop bulking when their bf% reaches a certain point, some stop when they reach a certain weight, and some stop after a certain amount of time.

I haven't had my bf% checked lately, but its gotten kind of up there (bulked from 135 - 170 lbs in 4 months). I plan on starting to cut either on October 18 or when my new batch of creatine runs out, whichever comes first. I say that if you're unhappy with your wasteline as it is now, start cutting. It's obviously not going to get any smaller if you continue bulking.

why oct 18th??

Frozenmoses
09-07-2002, 05:06 PM
That's marks the end of my 10 weeks on WBB #1.

Jilla82
09-07-2002, 06:12 PM
That's marks the end of my 10 weeks on WBB #1. So how did it go??? I just started last week

Frozenmoses
09-07-2002, 06:21 PM
So far it's been great. I'm not following it exactly; I've made a few alterations. But overall, I'm very pleased with the results. My strength hasn't exploded or anything, but my lifts have definitely gotten better, and I get complements on my size increase. The sleeves on the shirt I'm wearing now are practically strangling my arms, and it feels fantastic. :D

Jilla82
09-07-2002, 07:26 PM
So far it's been great. I'm not following it exactly; I've made a few alterations. But overall, I'm very pleased with the results. My strength hasn't exploded or anything, but my lifts have definitely gotten better, and I get complements on my size increase. The sleeves on the shirt I'm wearing now are practically strangling my arms, and it feels fantastic. :D what changes did you make?

Frozenmoses
09-07-2002, 09:37 PM
Check out my journal.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18121

I basically just switched out a few of the lifts for some that were more accomodating to a minor injury I sustained. I enjoy the movements I switched out more than the ones originally prescribed, and while they might not be quite as effective as the originals, they still work the intended muscles.

Vido
09-07-2002, 11:12 PM
Personally, I feel that when you can't see your flexed abs at all, then you need to start cutting.

Maki Riddington
09-09-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Vido
Personally, I feel that when you can't see your flexed abs at all, then you need to start cutting.

*** What the Canuck said.:)