PDA

View Full Version : more low carb/high fat food makes me hungry???

big calvin
09-08-2002, 10:33 AM
i normally eat 1/2 pk. a bacon for breakfast with water but this morning i ate the whole pk. and im not normally hunrgy but ive been starving sence an hour after! why is this? or how? i mean bacon cant raise glucose can it? is it the insulin makin me hungry? i dont know what it is! has this happen to anyone on lower carbs before????

Jilla82
09-08-2002, 11:14 AM
mmmmmmmm, bacon

big calvin
09-08-2002, 11:32 AM
lol!!!:D

Big Daddy
09-08-2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by big calvin
i normally eat 1/2 pk. a bacon for breakfast with water but this morning i ate the whole pk. and im not normally hunrgy but ive been starving sence an hour after! why is this? or how? i mean bacon cant raise glucose can it? is it the insulin makin me hungry? i dont know what it is! has this happen to anyone on lower carbs before????

make sure there is no sugar in the bacon! They pack it into everything these days!

also check how much fat you're consuming with the bacon.

another thing is are you actually in ketosis as this is supposed to supress hunger...

Wizard
09-08-2002, 07:13 PM
Bacon contains large amounts of sodium (salt), so you may be just thirsty. Check it out.

big calvin
09-08-2002, 07:21 PM
6g fat per 2 slices..i normally have like 8 slices. 24g but this time it was 48g fat. i drank alot of water wit it more then normal. and i wasnt like thirsty just like..my stomach was like damn i need food u know.

thanks guys for answering

Wizard
09-08-2002, 07:25 PM
Eat some carbs if you experience the same thing again. It's the only thing you can do.

Big Daddy
09-08-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Wizard
Eat some carbs if you experience the same thing again. It's the only thing you can do.

wouldn't carbs be the worst thing to eat to suppress hunger??

Kenshiro
09-08-2002, 08:23 PM
Yeah im gonna go out on a limb here and say it is the grease in the bacon. Maybe eat some eggs or something. Dont worry about cholesterol until your skin starts bagging and your hearing goes. And dont eat carbs or you will just get even more hungry.

Wizard
09-09-2002, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by Big Daddy

wouldn't carbs be the worst thing to eat to suppress hunger??
In this case,not.

Maki Riddington
09-09-2002, 09:36 AM
I would arttribute it to a hormonal thing. I've had this happen to me before as well. The best I could figure was that sometimes you just get hunger pangs and if you're eating a high fat low carb diet the fat still won't supress those hunger pangs until you fulfill them hunger attacks.

Stray
09-09-2002, 09:58 AM
I'd blame the sodium.