PDA

View Full Version : Are we the minority?

Jilla82
09-08-2002, 11:12 AM
In terms of people who lift and eat right. It seems most people I know that lift dont eat the right things, they just lift and eat whatever. Do you guys think most people watch what they eat, or do they just eat whatever?

Reinier
09-08-2002, 11:47 AM
most people in gyms dont know about nutrition

gpdoyon
09-08-2002, 11:54 AM
It's really hard to say without a good poll. Then you are dealing with how people really interpret what "clean eating" is to them. :)

I'd say, from personal experience, that dedication to bodybuilding and eating right are two different disciplines for a lot of people. Some people may find it easy to lift weights but not control their eating, or vice versa.

Some people have fairly good discipline across the board. Controlling what I ate took a fairly long time for me to master....about eight months. I can pretty easily ignore my hunger pangs. Bodybuilding on consistent days for me is still a bit of a chore, especially when I am not in the mood and just don't want to do anything. The real discipline lies in DOING what you don't want to do. That takes practice.

Jilla82
09-08-2002, 11:57 AM
your avator is really disturbing!!! :(

big calvin
09-08-2002, 12:25 PM
i can only master 1 thing at a time. either diet or training. like its either im dailed in on diet and not even going to the gym or im going to the gym at 6am every day and eating all the crap i want. i have let to find MODERATION in both fields. but i will some day.

Shankerr
09-08-2002, 01:31 PM
I think that the people who can manage both diet and training at the same time are the minority. At the gyms I go to, I have noticed that for the most part, no one has a clue about healthy eating, sometimes not even the trainers. Alot of the guys I know are muscular, but still have quite bit of pudge due to the way they eat, even after "cutting"

However, i guess whatever makes ya happy!

LAM
09-08-2002, 01:59 PM
ditto to Reinier...

The majority of the people that I talk to at the gym have no clue, not even about the basics of healthy nutrition let alone nutrition for bodybuilding.

When people ask me about my diet etc. and I go into a small dissertation about macros/meal planning and supplementation that look at me like I have 3 heads.

I realize that I may be a little extreme especially since I don't compete or plan on it.

Shao-LiN
09-08-2002, 02:12 PM
Out of all my friends that I have that go to the gym, none of them know anything about nutrition. Hell, they don't really know how to lift right...they believe in full body workouts everyday or something.

I try to give them tips here and there...they open up a little at a time.

pearl
09-08-2002, 05:32 PM
knowing is one thing, doing it is another,
i just increased my protein intake to 1,5g/lb of Bw and the results are just great.
i eat really low fat and medium carb, and i want now to bring in the omega3's in the form of flax seeds.
i hope in great results.

Stray
09-09-2002, 08:39 AM
No one I know eats like I do.My diets pretty good IMO (save for my weekend beer drinking with friends...which is something I need to curb)

I have friends that workout and go to the gym but they eat crap all the time (not actual crap....not unless theres something theyre not telling me) But out of all my family and friends not a single one of them follow any kind of diet or show one ounce of discipline.

TreeTrunks
09-09-2002, 09:34 AM
gp, your avatar is awesome!!!

anyway back on topic, I like to make a distinction between weightlifting and bodybuilding. If you weightlift thats all you do you only care about lifting weights and nutrition is the last thing on your mind, well you might increase protein via beef but thats it. Bodybuilding is building a better body by lifting weights and eating right. So I think, I used to work in a gym, most people are weightlifter not bodybuilders.

steveo
09-09-2002, 01:36 PM
Maybe, I use to go to the gym work out then go home and eat twice a day and at night I would go out and drink all night. No wonder I never saw result. I thought that I needed to work out harder to get bigger. I was soo wrong, and I bet I'm not the only onw