PDA

View Full Version : Request for Bulking Info

RSinz
09-09-2002, 10:31 PM
Hello all. I am fairly new to bodybuilding and after much trial and error, I am seeing very little noticeable results in muscle growth. I would greatly appreciate any info provided.

My current diet:

Breakfast: 2 Scoops Protein powder/1.5 cup of oatmeal/yogart

Mid Morning: 4 scoops N-Large 2-equates to 52g protein/86 carbs

Lunch: Turkey Breast sw/wheat pasta/glass of water

Mid Day: 4 scoops N-Large 2-equates to 52g protein/86 carbs

Dinner: Chicken brest/some kind of pasta, potato, etc., and vegetable/glass of water

Evening: 2 Scoops protein powder- 44 grams

After several weeks on different variations of this diet, I have seen some fat gain in the abs and obliques, however the muscle gains have been at best little to none. As a result, I have been reading the posts to try and determine the best course of action to take to reach my goals. What is puzzling to me is that most of my life I have had a fast metab, that is until I started taking N-large...lol Please advise. Thanks to all.

TreeTrunks
09-09-2002, 10:34 PM
first off add fat to your diet. Fat is essental in a good diet. Fat regulates hormones and also consume some whole eggs, cholestrol converts to testostrone, eggs are very anabolic as far as food goes. But really whats your stat, height, weight, est. bodyfat %?

JHolmes145
09-09-2002, 10:38 PM
eat more real foods ur depending way 2 much on protein supps

Shao-LiN
09-09-2002, 10:44 PM
And I hope you drink more than 2 glasses of water a day.

RSinz
09-09-2002, 10:54 PM
Hello. In response to both your answers, first, will not having or incorporating flax or some form of EFA in your diet hinder or prevent you from adding quality muscle? Does it reduce fat accumulation when bulking?

Second, Where and what would you suggest I replace the protein supps with? I mistakenly thought that I was following the correct schedule? Lastly, not sure what my exact stats are. They will follow in the future. But if this helps for now, I'm 6'0/185/33waist

RSinz
09-09-2002, 11:16 PM
My workout is as follows:

Monday: Chest/Tris
Tuesday: Legs/Abs
Wed: Rest
Thursday: Back/Bics
Friday: Shoulders
Weekend: Rest

LAM
09-09-2002, 11:29 PM
join up at fitday.com and start couting your calories...

Shao-LiN
09-09-2002, 11:42 PM
EFAs help you pack on the muscle, if anything. Fat does not necessarily turn into fat when you eat it. A healthy amount of fats, at least 20% of your calories for the day, is good for you.

Puttn
09-10-2002, 05:37 AM
you should have your nlarge2 right when you wake up and after a workout and take the other stuff when you need more protein like at lunch you dont eat enough for lunch... just eat peanut butter natural kind or soynut