PDA

View Full Version : Ckd ????

Bam Bam
06-07-2001, 08:23 PM
I hear talk about this but need some help

from what i understand eat protein and fat 6 days and carbs on the 7th.

workouts would be benificial earlier in the week

should i consume protein on the 7th day??

how many cals should i consume?(200lbs)

kAto
06-08-2001, 05:46 AM
basically, you try to get into keto in the first 2 days of the week; mon tuesday.

with that being said, your workouts should be mon, tues, wed; or sun, mon, tues, this is so all your glycogen is fully depeded by wed. and youll be in full fat burning effect by thurs and fri and sat. (cardio optional, but does make a big diff.)

your carbup should be the day before you start your training for the week. this is my current schedule

mon- workout- getting into keto feeling like sh*t .

tues- workout- in keto.

wed- rest or cardio- in keto.

thurs- rest or cardio- in keto.

fri- rest or dardio- in keto.

sat- 36 hour carb up- out of keto.

sunday- carb up till twelve, workout, no carbs afterwards, start entering keto.

workout split:

sun- chest/back
mon- legs/abs
tues-shoulders/arms

to answer your question, yes you do eat the same amount of protein on carb-up day; just keep fat as low as you can this day. remember this day you can pretty much get away with eating anything; last week i ate a full cyclinder of ice cream and 2 pizzas, plus other clean carbs.

eat every 2.5 hours, or even better every 2.

i weight 198 currently and im consuming 1600cals, with a ration os 50/50 fat to protein , yes that low but, it can be easily done if your in ketosis, considering you dont even feel like eating once your in.

hope this helps

Bam Bam
06-08-2001, 09:01 AM
helps alot but how do i know when im in ketosis and the definetion of which is merely burning of fat right?

06-08-2001, 11:55 AM
ketosis is a state where your body starts to produce ketones. You can buy keto stix from your pharmacy and from testing your **** it'll tell you if your in or not. There are also other signs to tell but for your first couple times the stix are probably the best choice.

kAto
06-10-2001, 05:50 AM
basically i know im in keto when i feel energetic, during fepletion of carbs, i feel like ****

Wizard
06-16-2001, 07:47 AM
You should have 70%(at least)fat,25%protein,5%carbs.The rule to keep yourself in ketosis is to take 1.5gram of fat for every 1 gram of protein intake.Too much protein and you'll raise insulin levels and kick yourself out of ketosis.