PDA

View Full Version : i have a theory.. :S

bigedge
09-11-2002, 07:37 AM
ohk, i read recently in the paper that australians are fat because they eat to many carbo's because people who work in an office or whatever think they are being healthy by having a salad roll for lunch instead of chips and all they do all day is sit on their ass' so all the carbo's they eat produce energy which is not used so it is turned into fat..

so here is my theory, i have summer holidays coming up and if all i do is eat carbohydrates all day and sit on my ass at our little swimming hole will i put on weight because i dont burn the energy

galileo
09-11-2002, 07:39 AM
Do you want to get fat?

If you want to gain (quality) weight, eat slightly more, get enough carbs, fats, and proteins, and sit on your ass. Lift 3x a week and sit on your ass. Don't forget to get enough sleep and sit on your ass.

Puttn
09-11-2002, 07:41 AM
personally i say no less than 160 grams of carbs

nightop
09-11-2002, 07:46 AM
IMO, carbs don't get stored as fat as easily/quickly as many people think (aside from fructose and some others...i'm mostly talking about complex carbs, even high GI)

Anything about health, diet, steroids, etc... that is written by the general media is 9 times out of 10 a ridiculous generalization and often addresses a subject which would need much much more than a single article to do proper justice to... I hate hearing how "high protein diets are dangerous" for example.. They talk nothing about macronutrient ratios, water intake, the source of protein, bla bla bla.... this is because the public is as a whole, stupid.

Stray
09-11-2002, 08:15 AM
this is because the public is as a whole, stupid.

Proof? Ab Shockers.

Puttn
09-11-2002, 09:03 AM
your right i dont think anyone should get near ketosis but thats me personally and everyone is different

millertime
09-11-2002, 09:06 AM
So your theory is too eat more and exercise less?

You will put on weight, but it will not be LBM.

Ritzol
09-11-2002, 10:20 AM
Too many carbs don't make you fat. Too many calories make you fat..

geez o petes

gino
09-11-2002, 11:42 AM
Where those calories come from does affect the equation though.

Ritzol
09-11-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by gino

Ahhh, well that just goes to show how much I know, or rather don't know. :(

Puttn
09-11-2002, 01:58 PM
timing the types of food you eat is everything also... so you gotta look at that also

heathj
09-11-2002, 02:03 PM

Somewhat. If you eat 7000 calories a day and you're consuming 700g carbs per day and you get fat. You can't solely blame it on the carbs. It's because you ate an excess of calories.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-11-2002, 04:25 PM

True, but you can get fat on any calories, whether they be from protein, carbs or fat - or even alcohol.

It's the carbs (ie refined carbs) and the processed fats (ie partially hydrogenated and trans-fats) that are leading to the problems in society like diabetes and artery wall thickening and obeseness etc...

That an a less active life.

Puttn
09-11-2002, 04:31 PM
so chicken are you saying that fat free cheeses are making us obese?

Manveet
09-11-2002, 10:33 PM
People don't make this "bulking diet" a huge deal. I mean just eat lots, eat clean, and eat from all macros.

the doc
09-12-2002, 10:39 AM
no but consumption of highly refined carbs leads to wildy swaying hunger in addition to them being stored as fat. Not to say that said fat will not be burned off but in general once body fat is added it tends to want to stay there

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-12-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Puttn
so chicken are you saying that fat free cheeses are making us obese?

No, i'm saying all the calories we eat are.

Like doc says, refined carbs cause swings in blood sugar levels, and the corresponding hormonal changes from this cause hunger and cravings and usually result inmore calories being eaten.

Doing this a few times throughout the day, everyday = we're becoming one big fat nation (s).

the doc
09-12-2002, 11:00 AM
yea and combine that fact with no exercise (which increases insulin sensitivity) and you've got a perfect mix for adult onset diabetis

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-12-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by the doc
yea and combine that fact with no exercise (which increases insulin sensitivity) and you've got a perfect mix for adult onset diabetis

Yeah, it's ironic that one of the biggest reason for this increase in lack of exercise is what we're using to discuss this matter.

Kinda like when Sideshow Bob used TV to broadcast that he wanted it eradicated.

steveo
09-13-2002, 10:40 PM
I don't like your theory very much.

body
09-14-2002, 06:02 AM
calories in > calories out = weight gain.
calories in < calories out = weight loss.

the type of kcal will effect how much is fat or muscle gain/loss depending on which side the equation you are on.

mickeys
09-18-2002, 01:12 AM
you'll put fat on, not muscle.