PDA

View Full Version : When following a split...

galileo
09-11-2002, 08:26 AM
Such as isocaloric, 40-30-30, or the like.

Do you:
A) Set all of your meals to that split.
B) Make sure at the end of the day you achieve that split.

I've employed both methods and I'm not really sure if one is superior. Opinions?

Tryska
09-11-2002, 08:28 AM
i total it up at the end of the day.

Stray
09-11-2002, 08:36 AM
B

galileo
09-11-2002, 08:39 AM
The reason I'm wondering is the two schools of thought with cutting.

1. Eat your carbs without fat, eat the bulk of carbs in the morning, eat your fats with protein at night.

and

2. Eat to keep your insulin levels low, low GI foods mixed with some fat to slow down digestion.

Both have logical points.

Puttn
09-11-2002, 09:51 AM
i personally get most of my carbs at breakfast then after a workout or at lunch on off days... i then eat a few carbs throughout the day with each meal but not many ... as for carbs without fat i dunno i total it up at the end of the day but ill have my peanut butter alone as a snack an hour after my mid morning meal or hour after lunch just on a spoon with some water or something if that helps ya any

Shao-LiN
09-11-2002, 11:52 AM
I total it all up at the end of the day. And I don't care if I eat fat with carbs or what not...most times, I have good amounts of all at each meal.

gino
09-11-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by galileo
Such as isocaloric, 40-30-30, or the like.

Do you:
A) Set all of your meals to that split.
B) Make sure at the end of the day you achieve that split.

I've employed both methods and I'm not really sure if one is superior. Opinions?

I do a combination of both. Meals 1-4 for me are nearly identical in p/c/f breakdown, while meal 5(post-workout) is all dextrose and protein, and meals 6 and 7 are mostly protein, fat, and carbs from veggies. I'm more concerned with what my body needs at specific times of day, but I also keep my eye on my daily totals. When people see my daily breakdown, they may think it looks out of proportion related to my goals, but it's really not because of the timing and contents of the individual meals.