PDA

View Full Version : all that food...

The_Blackstar
09-11-2002, 09:42 PM
Guys, when bulking, how do you choke down all that food? I *try* to eat six times a day, but I still feel like I am not eating enough food to increase mass.

I am an extreeme ectomorph, and some times I am just so damn full that I ca'nt get my target amount of calories down for the day.

What are some tips or techniques you guys use get all your food when you start to feel generally unmotivated/stuffed?

Any advice will be appreciated

nightop
09-11-2002, 10:06 PM
I know exactly how you feel... especially so for breakfast and my before bed meal... I try to use easy fruits or cereal bars for my carb source in the morning (faster, tastier, and easier to eat than stuffing down pasta, rice, or a bagel) and in terms of protein, I use a whey shake for about 50-75% of my protein (we're still talking about breakfast here.. not all my meals) and the rest from animal meats or milk/eggs... Before bed, I drink a slow release protein shake and about 25 grams of fat in the form of flax seed oil and peanut butter (natural) and then like 25 grams of carbs via crackers or something... and of course flax seed oil as needed.

Doing the above has helped quite a bit in my ability to bulk.. as I said before my problems were not with the daytime meals... rather the early morning and late night meals.

The best thing (IMO) todo is to find out what you can and can't eat at different times of the day and then see how well you can use those foods in your diet plan... a well written and detailed diet plan is very very useful and beneficial... I'm in the process of finishing the specifics of my current bulking phase/diet and have been using www.nutribase.com software to get the nutrition facts for everything and then writing down EXACTLY what i need to eat and when.... another thing is to drink alot of water (1-2 gals per day) besides the many health and muscle growth benefits, this will make eating more food easier... drinking foods are also good.. use a blender if it can be mixed and replace some of your animal meat protein sources with milk sources... stuff like this will help, but it all boils down to determination... how bad do you want to grow? What are your stats (if you don't mind) and maybe we can help build an easier bulking diet.

Manveet
09-11-2002, 10:29 PM
Just eat till you can't anymore. After that you can't really do too much. I mean, I just eat clean and eat as much as I can in a day. The rest usually takes care of itself.

Mystic Eric
09-11-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Manveet
Just eat till you can't anymore. After that you can't really do too much. I mean, I just eat clean and eat as much as I can in a day. The rest usually takes care of itself.

*Points at Manveet's legs*

*Snickers*:D

Manveet
09-11-2002, 10:45 PM
:mad: :mad: :cry: :cry:

TreeTrunks
09-12-2002, 06:26 AM
maybe add more meals. A lot of top bodybuilders eat 12-13 meals a day. Small ones albeit. Of course the average joe has a job and other responsibiities top bodybuilders don't have. Nonetheless try to maybe add another meal in, it would cut done on the amount of food per meal.

Stray
09-12-2002, 09:09 AM
Try to get more calories in liquid form or eat more high calorie foods.

Get yourself a 12 pack of Sunny Delight...each can consists of 200 cals and has some tasty vitamins in it (and sugar if you dont mind it :))

LAM
09-12-2002, 09:12 AM
use more protein shakes/MRP's.

I'm the same way regarding eating, except I hate to eat. So almost 50% of my protein in each meal comes from whey powder(s)...

the doc
09-12-2002, 10:35 AM
if you need to eat more calories and are to full then you need to drop some of the carbs (which make me bloated) and incorperate more high fat/calorie dense health foods like nuts and nut butters

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-12-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Stray
Try to get more calories in liquid form

Yeah: oil.

9kcals a gram and goes down a treat.

By the way, you say you don't "feel like (you are) eating enough food to increase mass."

Are you weighing yourself each week. If you're going up by 0.5-1lb a week then that's ideal.

duque21
09-12-2002, 12:48 PM
As to you being to full to eat.....I go through the same thign when I am on a bulking phase, I just force my self to eat. After a while my stomach just expands to compensate, and then I actually dont get soo full as easy. So just eat and eat and eat till you get used to it

millertime
09-12-2002, 12:59 PM
Shouldn't you be eating.

DumbbellTosser
09-12-2002, 02:46 PM
I'm an ectomorph too. Because of this you should try to get more calories by eating more good fats. Eat out of a jar of natural Peanut Butter with a spoon all day! That's what I did. Also, drink lots of milk.

NateDogg
09-12-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by DumbbellTosser
I'm an ectomorph too. Because of this you should try to get more calories by eating more good fats. Eat out of a jar of natural Peanut Butter with a spoon all day! That's what I did. Also, drink lots of milk.

:thumbup:

gino
09-12-2002, 03:00 PM
I simply force feed myself until my body gets used to it. For a few days you may not feel so great after meals, but your body adapts and soon you feel fine. I ate 4,500 calories a day for 3 months and put on 20 lbs the last time I bulked - I was eating huge meals too because it wasn't calorie-rich food, it was low sugar/low fat food.

Holylite
09-12-2002, 05:18 PM
I am an extreme ectomorph also. I have been eating until full(i couldn't even take another bite) for a couple weeks, and my stomach has expanded to hold that amount of food. I am slightly gaining weight using this technique, a miracle for an ectomorph :). You're stomach will get used to it. If you don't wanna waste food, you can also increase your calories by 100 calories every 3 days to a week. Continue this until you reach how many calories you wanna have.