PDA

View Full Version : need to bulk up, can someone advice

jjcool
09-13-2002, 07:59 PM
hi guys im new to weight training and only started trainin yesterday,

well i need to bulk up, as everyone that knows me has said i have lost alot of weight,

i dont each much in a day,
like, cerial, 4 slices of bread, then 4 boals of cerial on the night,

im 6" 3"

30 years,

15 and half stone

so i want to start putting on bulk,

but i have 2 questions,

1, being on a low buget, can someone reccomend and good bulking diet with the lowest amount of food,

2, when bulking will you put on belly fat

Sinep
09-14-2002, 12:04 AM
1. it is gonna be hard to bulk on a restricted budget.
2. you eat between about 1000-2000 calories right now, you'll need at least 3000-3500. In your diet you'll need complex carbs, throw out those cereals, get carbs from sources such as brown rice and oatmeal. You have no protein in that diet, go no lower than 1g per pound of weight. A little bit of good fat in there and you're set. Calculate a ratio for your protein/carbs/fat like 30/50/20 and experiment with that.
3. you won't get a belly if you do it well, that is not consume too many calories

Mystic Eric
09-14-2002, 12:17 AM
On a low budget, you can still get cheap ass foods like potatoes, and oats. Use eggs and tuna for your protein and even boxed chicken breasts (even though there's tonnes of preservatives in there). As well, invest in Natural peanut butter as well as milk. Cheap, cheap food.

jjcool
09-14-2002, 06:01 AM
thanx guys,
but all this is still new for me and i sstill quite dont understand,

can someone please make me up a low buget diet for the day ( p.s i dont like tuna)

aslo i dont know how i Calculate a ratio for my protein/carbs/fat

so can someone help me on these 2 things please,
as all this is new, and need someone to help me

Puttn
09-14-2002, 06:30 AM
well for your protein/carb/fat ratio take your bodyweight x 20 eat aprox that many calories... if you want 50% calories from carbs take that total from before x .5 for 30% protein take total cals x .3 and for fats 20% x .2

eat canned chicken... frozen bags of chicken....oatmeal and total cereal big things of lunch meat (healthy turkey is best) whole wheat bread.... fat free cheeses.... and potatoes

here is sample diet

breakfast - 1/2 cup of oatmeal in water with 1 1/3 cup of Total cereal on top after oatmeal is cooked .... put some eggs in a microwave dish and add some cheese for protein and zap in the microwave

snack - turkey sandwhich with milk

lunch - 2 chicken breasts a potatoe and milk

snack - turkey sandwhich with milk and 2 T of natty peanut butter

dinner - 2 chicken breasts a bag of frozen veggies (cook them of course) milk

snack - 1/2 cup cottage cheese

jjcool
09-14-2002, 08:14 AM
ok thanx, but if i stick to that sample diet you said,

will that be ideal to help me bulk up??

also do i need to take off the skin off the chicken
and do i need to drink, semi skinned, pass, or, stera milk
and is it ok to crack open 4 eggs and just drink the egg whites?

Puttn
09-14-2002, 09:30 AM
drink full skim milk... yes never eat skin! always skinless boneless!! yep egg whites are fine.. there only like 4g of protein but i dont think any fat so thats fine ... if i were you id try to eat 300 grams of protein a day... that will add up to 1200 calories a day.. then get your other calories from healthy fats like olives... olive oil... fish....peanuts...peanut butter (natural or soynut) stuff like that... and your carbs from whole wheat items... avoid sugar and simple carbs ....

jjcool
09-14-2002, 09:36 AM
300 grams of protein seems alot,

so im not sure what to buy so i always have 300 grams of protein a day inside me

also im mad on coffie with 2 sugers, will this affect anythink?

also will that sample diet you said help me bulk up?

Shao-LiN
09-14-2002, 10:43 AM
I'd scrap the total cereal and replace it with oats.

Puttn
09-14-2002, 11:10 AM
the Total cereal adds so many vits and mierals to the 1/2 cup of oats that gives you the fiber.. i wouldnt take coffee unless its right before a workout otherwise i dont see any use of caffeine i avoid all caffeine as possible... cut out the sugars too