PDA

View Full Version : How often do you have a cheat day when cutting

Bobo
09-15-2002, 04:13 PM
Just curious.

entrrt
09-15-2002, 06:37 PM
i eat clean 6 days a week, w/ 1 "cheat" day regardless if cutting/bulking.

TreeTrunks
09-15-2002, 06:45 PM
I have a couple (2) cheats meals during the week. Saturday dinner and Friday dinner.

Shao-LiN
09-15-2002, 06:51 PM
1 cheat day a week, usually sunday since I go out w/ my parents for a meal or 2. Still usually eat clean, just don't really count cals.

duque21
09-15-2002, 10:11 PM
My only real chaet time is when I go out and get shitty......I drink a lot of beer on the weekend some times......and I know how bad that is....but you know I got to go chase the tail...

Manveet
09-15-2002, 10:26 PM
I don't ever cheat. I mean maybe some of the foods I eat may be considered "cheats" but imo they are not really bad. Chicken breasts, rice, natty pb sandwhiches on whole wheat bread, tv dinner pastas, tuna. I haven't had a chip or cookie, or even a can of coke for a long damn time. I think I've lost all passion for that stuff.

TreeTrunks
09-15-2002, 10:28 PM
Chicken breasts, rice, natty pb sandwhiches on whole wheat bread. Thats your "cheat" meal? Hell I eat that every day!

Manveet
09-15-2002, 10:33 PM
That's not my cheat meal lol. That's basically what I eat ALL the time.

TreeTrunks
09-15-2002, 10:43 PM
Oh ok cool :) Bout to say damn! :omg:

LAM
09-15-2002, 11:41 PM
i throw in cheat foods all the time, but no more than around 200-300 "empty" cals a day....I mainly eat a Snickers bars daily to keep me sane...

BCC
09-15-2002, 11:58 PM
If I'm dead serious and have a cause, there will be no cheating.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-16-2002, 04:12 AM
I usually go out drinking once a week with my mates. Before (and sometimes after, which i really shouldn't) i usually scran some cereals or chocolate or ice cream. I haven't had a full cheat day for months.

A little tip i try to pass on from past experience. When doing a full cheat day or whatever, try and keep fat intake low. Last year i used to go crazy for cheat days (incentive for sticking to diet through the week) and i'm talking full cheesecakes, and lots of other fatty ****. It basically undid the previous week's dieting. As crazy as this may sound, focus more on sugary foods. Try and keep fat as low as possible or you may find less benefit from the day. Other than pyschological fulfillment, which sharp disappears the following few days when you feel crap, realising you've wasted 6 days.

Pup
09-16-2002, 06:53 AM
For this current diet i'm on...i wont' be cheating til the 6th week of the diet...and that's just a carb up...low fat, copious amounts of carbs.

gino
09-16-2002, 07:44 AM
I cheat on weekends. I'll eat great monday through friday and then eat some junk on the weekends. Last night I had pizza and wings, saturday I had burritos, but today it's back on track.

Shankerr
09-16-2002, 07:55 AM
I agree with BigChaseyChase. No point to cheating if you have a set goal in mind. However, if I don't have a particular goal or time limit, I'll throw in a good 'ol cheat day about once every three weeks ;-) Now, for instance, I have like a year ot meet my next goal, so its not a panic. I had a cheat day yesterday, ate dinner out at one of the famous Halifax seafood places, and then had about 15 gin and tonics at a dance club :-) now thats cheatin'!! Get the cheat meal in, get a lil buzz goin, and meet the ladies all at the same time!

Keep cheating to a minumum to be successful though, like i said, once every few weeks should do ya! and avoid all together if you're trying to achieve a specific goal on a specific timeline

gino
09-16-2002, 11:02 AM
Read the Lyle McDonald interview.

That's why cheat days are ok.

Our goals while cutting are to preserve lean muscle mass right?

Joey G.
09-16-2002, 01:29 PM
I cheat once a week which usually is a Saturday and I don't pay attention to anything. Carb intake, protein intake, etc. Sunday is coming back to reality day and Monday to Friday I start all over again. It's a vicious cycle I tell you !!!!

2 RIP
09-16-2002, 08:34 PM
i don't know about the beer, I was a huge beer drinker and after I lost over 50lbs, and when i take a sip of beer, my body can't stand it , or even the smell.

TreeTrunks
09-16-2002, 09:45 PM
when I cheat I have a couple things in mind 1. eat at least 200 grams of protein (preferably the more the merrier) 2. Eat tons of carbs. 3. Fat don't care, just not 1000 grams. 4. Make sure what I put in my mouth I enjoy because I cheat only 2 meals a week maybe 3-4.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-17-2002, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by 2 RIP
i don't know about the beer, I was a huge beer drinker and after I lost over 50lbs, and when i take a sip of beer, my body can't stand it , or even the smell.

I used to be like that. I was a heavy teenage drinker around 13-16 (i'm talking getting white cider most nights each week) and when i started lifting i just stopped. For quite a long time. I couldn't stand the stuff, and when i did drink i'd get quite il very quick.

I've since changed though, i just had to find the balance between going out, drinking and enjoying life with mates and non-drinkign time where my focus is on my muscle-building, fat-loss goals.

You don't NEED to drink so don't worry about it. I can still go out and have a good time without alcofrol, but i do enjoy the taste, and the side effects up until a point. (The 'good' side effects that is, ie being tipsy).

Puttn
09-17-2002, 06:14 AM
my cheat days are days i get drunk... but i just down hard stuff to get trashed unless im bbqing

Jilla82
09-17-2002, 07:16 AM
Im not going to say I cheat alot, but on the weekends my diet gets a little screwy. I work the whole day and alot of times my father will go out and order food, so by the time I come home there is alot of food on the stove. So I end up nibbling on a little bit of everything

duque21
09-17-2002, 12:29 PM
I love good beer.......but man does it effect my capacity to work out.......
.....Even if I just get a lil drunk like on a friday night and then go work out saturday afternoon, man I got nothing. It totaly drains me of my strength.

Yanick
09-17-2002, 02:13 PM
I NEVER cheat.

Fri-Sat Keto type diet, then fri night-sat night (sometimes into sunday morning if i feel like i didn't put away enough carbs/cals) i get to re-feed. So even if i drink or indulge in other substances (read: green stuff) (NOT often) i keep my head and i have carby, sugary, fat free/low fat stuff. As long as that food fits that criteria i get to have it :D