PDA

View Full Version : Total Calorie Intake Question

PrinterPaper
09-15-2002, 07:06 PM
When you girls/woman are trying to lose weight what is your avg. calorie intake. My girlfriend has been stuck at a weight for quite a long time and her avg. calorie intake is 1,200. She eats frequently, just usually smaller meals. We are both of the mind that she needs to up her intake and just wanted to see if the board agrees.

Also she works out 4-5 days a week doing cardio and weights.

Thanks,
Printer

Shao-LiN
09-15-2002, 07:16 PM
I'm not a woman, but up the cals. That's almost starving yourself, in my opinion.

Manveet
09-15-2002, 10:32 PM
1200 is not nearly enough. She definitely needs to up the cals. However I'm not certain by how much. How much does she weigh? How tall is she? I think you should go browse through some of the journals. I'm sure you can find an answer, loooking through either Savanna, Tryska's or some other female wbb members journal.

PrinterPaper
09-16-2002, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by Manveet
1200 is not nearly enough. She definitely needs to up the cals. However I'm not certain by how much. How much does she weigh? How tall is she? I think you should go browse through some of the journals. I'm sure you can find an answer, loooking through either Savanna, Tryska's or some other female wbb members journal.

Thanks,
She is 5'6 and 122 lbs.

I will take your suggestion and look through the journals.

A sample day for her is as follows :

Breakfast:
2 egg whites
2 slices of Turkey bacon
1 protein shake

Snack:
Yogurt
Apple

Lunch:
Natural PB sandwich on oat bran bread
Celery

Snack:
Carrots
Nuts

Dinner:
Fish
Broccoli

bradley
09-16-2002, 03:11 AM
I agree with Manveet about upping the cals. Also has she tried having a higher carb day every couple of days. This would keep the metabolism running at full speed and keep her body from going into starvation mode.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-16-2002, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by bradley
I agree with Manveet about upping the cals. Also has she tried having a higher carb day every couple of days. This would keep the metabolism running at full speed and keep her body from going into starvation mode.

Agreed.

Also, how long has she been dieting for?

The body can be quite a rebellious little nuisance after a while. Basically, your brain and you disgree about what is best for your body. Sure, being leaner usually means looking better, but your brain is kinda thinking it's on the road to death.

Incidentally, i also think her 'snacks' could be a little better balanced. But maybe if she tried some crab loading days and such she may notice improvement.

Is she not burned out from 4-5 days a week? What does her training involve?

Stray
09-16-2002, 10:13 AM
Incidentally, i also think her 'snacks' could be a little better balanced. But maybe if she tried some crab loading days and such she may notice improvement.

CRAB LOADING- The New Secret Seafood Diet

Ritzol
09-16-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by PrinterPaper

She is 5'6 and 122 lbs.

ummm... why is she trying to lose weight again?? :scratch:

Flyersfan
09-16-2002, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Ritzol

ummm... why is she trying to lose weight again?? :scratch:

Seriously! While I think the BMI is crap for most people, she's on the low end of a healthy weight. Obviously I've never seen her, but I'll bet that if she packs on a little bit of muscle, she'll look even better. And her weight would be a non-issue.

It's time for her to eat more.

Shao-LiN
09-16-2002, 11:04 AM
Woah, yah...pack some muscle on. I'd imagine she's already a stick.

LAM
09-16-2002, 11:04 AM
with a caloric intake of 1,200 cals and on weight trainig/cardio days 400-500 of that is burned. that leaves her body with 700-800 cals a day to live off on those days....

I would have her start off adding another 250-300 cals for a week or so...

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-16-2002, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Stray

CRAB LOADING- The New Secret Seafood Diet

You've heard of it before?

PrinterPaper
09-16-2002, 04:09 PM
Thanks for all the good responses guys. :)

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

Also, how long has she been dieting for?

Is she not burned out from 4-5 days a week? What does her training involve?

Dieting since about Feb.

Nope not burned out, about every 3rd week she usually works out 3 days. Training is usually 20 mins of weights followed by 40 mins of cardio. Split is something like this :

Day 1:
Chest/tri/Shoulders
Cardio

Day 2:
Back/Bi
Cardio

Day 3:
Cardio

Day 4:
Off

Day 5:
Legs