PDA

View Full Version : Meal Substitution?

TurboStu
09-15-2002, 07:15 PM
I am trying to cut for the love of me (not doing to great though so far, but only started a week ago), I am wondering if I can substitute a protien bar or shake in for a meal once a day. Is it a bad idea? Thanks for the input!

entrrt
09-15-2002, 07:20 PM
sure can, just watch the timing of it(i.e., high sugar content prior to sleep). i use a milk(skim)/whey drink as a mrp daily.

Shao-LiN
09-15-2002, 07:34 PM
Sure, if it fits into your caloric deficit.

duque21
09-15-2002, 08:27 PM
yeah..........a good mrp for loosing weight is "scan diet"

taste great too

TreeTrunks
09-15-2002, 09:08 PM
MRP stands for Meal Replacment Powder. So yeh go for it.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-16-2002, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by TurboStu
I am trying to cut for the love of me (not doing to great though so far, but only started a week ago), I am wondering if I can substitute a protien bar or shake in for a meal once a day. Is it a bad idea? Thanks for the input!

If it will make you crave food inevitably leading you to break diet then it's a bad idea.

If you can include it in as part of your overall calories and keep diet superDuper then it'll be fine.

Once you get really quite lean and hunger pain intensity increases and cravings soar, then maybe it'd be better to exchange it for real food.

In fact, i'd recommend real food over the bar for the most part, cause (theoretically, depending on the type of food you chose, of course) the real food will keep you satieted (sp?) for longer and will blunt hunger and appetite for longer.

Protein bars never keep me full for very long. That, and they kinda sit in my stomach like a brick and make me feel uncomfortable.

I do like those protein flapjacks though. especially Peak body's buttermilk flapjacks and the dorian Yates approved flapjacks. The dorian ones taste nice but have a shitload of cals in them (almost 500 in one), but the peak body ones are "low fat" and have a lower calorie count. Incidentally, the fact they're low fat make them good for refeeds and carb loads in find. Taste ace too.

TreeTrunks
09-16-2002, 09:18 AM
Wow thats awesome chicken daddy! Protein flapjacks! Thats cool. Where do you buy them? I've never seen them in the local health shops or supplement shops. I'll try to search the net for some.

Jilla82
09-16-2002, 11:34 AM
yea, where do you find those pancakes??? I miss pancakes soooooooo much!!!

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-16-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by TreeTrunks
Wow thats awesome chicken daddy! Protein flapjacks! Thats cool. Where do you buy them? I've never seen them in the local health shops or supplement shops. I'll try to search the net for some.

For the peak body buttermilk ones: http://peakbody.co.uk/miscproducts/lowfatflap.shtml

For dorian yates approved bars i just found this: http://www.cnpltd.com/Products/e-shop.asp?item=3

Where do you usually get your protein from? cause i'm suprised they don't stock them, or some kind of protein flapjacks.

Is that really the first time you've ever heard of them?

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-16-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Jilla82
yea, where do you find those pancakes??? I miss pancakes soooooooo much!!!

Either Maki or Pup can sort you with a decent protein pancakes recipe. I think.

TreeTrunks
09-16-2002, 02:35 PM
Yeah thats the first i've heard of them. I mean i've seen receipes for them but it doesn't seem like a pancake will come out of the ingredients they list.

I get my protein from tuna, chicken, milk, whey powder, the usual sources.