PDA

View Full Version : CKD calorie intake?

Stray
09-16-2002, 10:29 AM
I've read alot on the CKD that I plan on using when cutting...but never found what my caloric intake should be...

I would think slightly under maint?

raniali
09-16-2002, 10:36 AM
yes - slightly under maintenance on keto days would be useful. You can actually eat @ (or marginally above maintenance on carb up days). Obviously - if you eat too far above, wt loss is a tad slower.

I am going to suggest also that you may want to reduce calories significantly below maintenance for say 3 days - then carb-load 2-3 days ..... I have found this pattern to be MUCH more effective than 5-6 day keto/1-2 load.

Stray
09-16-2002, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the quick reply :)

This will be my first time trying CKD so I'll have to fart around with it a bit to see what works

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-16-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Stray
I've read alot on the CKD that I plan on using when cutting...but never found what my caloric intake should be...

I would think slightly under maint?

Yeah.

If you get stuck with working out and all that jazz, you can set your calories at 12 kcals per lb of bodyweight.

After the first two weeks once you've depleted a lot and start working with the weight you're gonna be hovering around during the diet (and hopefully getting below once fat loss really becomes noticeable), assess weight loss and decided whether calories need to be increased or decreased and then do so accordingly.