PDA

View Full Version : Foods from the supermarket

TerraChyld
09-16-2002, 03:28 PM
Hi guys and gals.

I've got loads of information from you lot in the past few days, and getting the diet sorted out is obviously a little more difficult that I would have first thought.

I haven't got the ability to read the back of every food label (since when I go shopping, I have my 2 year old girl with me) as I'm sticking it in the trolley.

Is there anyone here from the UK that shops at say Sainsbury's, Tesco's, Morrisons?

I'm wanting to know what foods you buy, not the contents, but the actual name of the product that you eat?

I.E. Protein, do you get 'no frills can of tuna'?, 'steakosaurus' and the likes? Carbos, do you stick in your trolley 'mrs ethels great and colourful pasta shapes'? fats, well, what product do you eat that contains the fats you require?

Thanks guys and gals, much appreciated.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-16-2002, 03:40 PM
Tesco:

Value oats (69p?)
Value eggs (15 per box, large, about 99p)
Tesco own (i'll call it TO from now) tuna steak (packs of 4 for a few squids)
walnut oil tesco's finest (couple O'squids)
tesco's spagetti (less than a squid)
tesco's own bags of chicken (couple of squids for about 4-5)
Cypressa (i think) cashews
basic fruits and vegetables
Tesco steaks (about 5 squids for 3 large ones)
Tesco cream.

basically, a lot of own brands.

There's other stuff i get on a bulk, but i'm giving NHE a whirl right now, so this is really the main focus of foods that i currently eat.

TerraChyld
09-16-2002, 03:43 PM
you da man! thanks bro, tescos it is! oh, now you've said that, against your current training, how do you portion your meals?

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-16-2002, 03:47 PM
There's nothing wrong with sainsbury's or safeway or wherever (but if you go to Netto or Aldi i WILL be forced to rip you no matter how poor you are ;)) but i've always gone to tesco.

How do you mean by portion?

NHE is standard pro+fat+fibre meals, in my case 6-7 times throughout the day, with periodical carb loading before bed every 3rd then 4th day.

TerraChyld
09-16-2002, 03:50 PM
erm... English please!

yes, I tend to avoid aldis and nettos too. they're TOO cheap. hahahah. I do have SOME pride left.

lets say you get your meal plan, 17 meals a day every 10 minutes you eat something. what do you eat? Half a tin of tuna with 3 baked beans washed so there's no tomato sauce etc etc?

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-16-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by TerraChyld
erm... English please!

yes, I tend to avoid aldis and nettos too. they're TOO cheap. hahahah. I do have SOME pride left.

lets say you get your meal plan, 17 meals a day every 10 minutes you eat something. what do you eat? Half a tin of tuna with 3 baked beans washed so there's no tomato sauce etc etc?

Ermm...17 meals? Boy you got an appetite. You'd get ripped merely from burning calories chewing lol.

Like i said, i'm currently on NHE which involves meals consisting of protein (eg tuna), fat (eg walnut oil) and fibre (eg broccoli). Thus, i eat meals like this.

Other combinations i like:

Chicken breast (protein)
cottage cheese (protein, small amount of carbs, minimal fat)
cashews (protein, fat)

scrambled eggs (protein, fat)
apple (some carbs, and fibre)

Steak (protein, fat)
vegeatbles (fibre)

You getting the idea?

My carb loads are usually starchy like rice, oats, pasta etc.. but usually with something i wanna eat like some choclate, ice cream or cereal.

But like i said, my meal composition is due to the particular diet i'm following.

d221
09-17-2002, 12:56 AM
try tescos healthy eating meals you can get a great range of microwavable meals which will give you a good amount of protein carbs and good fats. they arent to badly priced either.

feel free to pm me if you require any further advice.

D221

by the way im from Gr Manchester

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-17-2002, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by d221
try tescos healthy eating meals you can get a great range of microwavable meals which will give you a good amount of protein carbs and good fats. they arent to badly priced either.

A lot of processed **** in microwave meals.

YatesNightBlade
09-17-2002, 07:13 AM
Yeah Avoid the Microwaved meals.

Eat the following.

Carbs:-

Oats
Brown Rice
Wholemeal Pasta
Veg including potatos
Fruit
Brown Bread

Protein :-

Eggs
Chicken
Turkey
Milk
Cottage Cheese
Tuna
Beef

Fats :-

Oilve Oil
Sunflower Oil
Flax Seed Oil

Mix all these together and makes some meals. Split them up into smaller meals then 3 large ones. Sauces and stuff are fine. Just in moderation.

Train hard and eat well and you'll gains loads of muskles. !!! ;)