PDA

View Full Version : museli!

wowbaby
09-17-2002, 04:54 AM
Does anyone eat this stuff and if so, does it help your diet?

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-17-2002, 05:08 AM
I eat it during carb loads cause i like it.

I may eat it more regularly when i'm back gaining.

B&I eats it too.

It has carbs, it has fat and it has protein. Add in some more milk for more calories and you're flying.

Blood&Iron
09-17-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
I eat it during carb loads cause i like it.

You like it? You must get the kind with sugar added. It does depend on the brand too, though. Familia Muesli(w/ sugar) is quite good(it should be, it's the original recipe) if a bit mushy. The one without sugar is still quite good(also mushy) The British knock-off Alpen, is okay, but it's more breakfast cereal than true muesli. The kind I get is an American brand that just oats, triticale, oat bran, wheat, bran, barley, and some other stuff. Even with the little pathetic amount of dried fruit that's in mine, it still generally tastes like wood chips to me--although, I kinda like it sometimes. I've recently found that when I absolutely can't face the taste of wood chips, a tbsp of Splenda makes it taste quite decent.

IceRgrrl
09-17-2002, 09:42 AM
Is there a boxed cereal called Muesli? My dad always made a cereal mixture called that but it was something that you mixed up (bunch of grains, some fruit & nuts, some juice for sweetness, and milk) and let sit overnight in the fridge...kind of like a mush or a hot cereal mash that you ate cold.

Now that I'm thinking about it I'm going to dig out the recipe and make some... :)

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-17-2002, 10:00 AM
I like the sugard-cereal version and the original wood chip type.

Seriously, if you put it in a bowl and splash milk over it i'll love it no matter what it is.