PDA

View Full Version : What is your opinion of pork tender loins?

BennettBoy
09-17-2002, 06:29 AM
Are these OK to eat? Higher in fat? The other white meat LOL?

I haven't eaten them alot, but I'm tired of chicken, tuna and steak.

Comments please........

YatesNightBlade
09-17-2002, 07:03 AM
Every now and then ..... fine. why not have half pork half steak .... or half chicken half pork ??? Just a thought !!

Jilla82
09-17-2002, 07:08 AM
on the packages they seem to have the same nutrinal (dam I cant spell) values as chicken. I dont see any problem w/ them

Bullrider Billy
09-17-2002, 07:56 AM
Pork can actually be very lean. The main reason is that almost all of its fat is outside the muscle and can be trimmed off. And nowadays pork is raised to be leaner anyway.

Puttn
09-17-2002, 08:02 AM
ive seen some pork tenderloins with 1 g saturated fat 30g of protein and 3 g of fat and they come in about 16 oz rolls and they make 4 servings they tasted good and were healthy so i dont see why not enjoy them

Ferdo
09-17-2002, 11:05 AM
i have seen some that have had less fat then chciken breast, definetely eat thses.

millertime
09-17-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by BennettBoy
What is your opinion of pork tender loins?

They are good with gravy and yams. :d

Eat it theres nothing wrong with them, a little more fat will not kill you.

BennettBoy
09-17-2002, 12:07 PM
Thanks folks. I will put that on my shopping list. In fact, I had some for breakfast already with my eggs;)

If you check my journal you see I really am not too picky with my diet...I just try to eat every 3 hours. The reason I asked mainly was because I want to gain 10 pounds without adding too much bodyfat.

But, I weighed today and was at 185 (kind of been here a few weeks basically). But the last 4 pounds I have put on seem to be going to my stomach area. Or at least in my head that is where I feel it has gone.

I'm not sure if I can handle 10 more pounds like I put on the last 5. But, I'm almost to the point of saying screw it and just adding the weight and cutting later.

zackdarnell
09-17-2002, 07:30 PM
Pork tenderloin is very lean, not much more fat than chicken. I say go for it, they are a great tasting lean protein source.