PDA

View Full Version : Bulking Supps

Dominator
09-17-2002, 07:04 PM
I am tiring to consume a minimum 4k cals per day and with work I donít have a lot of time to prepare food and I am also getting really tired of eating. i am already about to gag on tuna and its only been two weeks, I know whey protein is only really good for post workout, What kind of drink supplements are good for meal replacement ( I know nothing beats the real thing)? I would much rather be on a cutting diet.

Manveet
09-17-2002, 07:24 PM
N large squared by prolab.

mickeys
09-18-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Manveet
N large squared by prolab.

agreed.

Kromax
09-18-2002, 04:30 AM
I cast my vote for EAS Myoplex Deluxe or Myoplex Mass.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-18-2002, 11:34 AM
There's a thread on milk on this board somewhere. You musta missed it.

nightop
09-18-2002, 03:27 PM
Nlarge would be a good one..

if you want to try and play mad scientist like me.... you can make your own protein pudding (sort of MRP depending on what you use) or protein brownies....

You can also use slower release protein powders from www.proteinfactory.com such as the casienates instead of the common whey concentrates/isolates.

Buy bagels !!! they are high carb and easy to carry/chomp down in a rush if you need 40-60 grams of carbs per meal (like me).

BUFF STUFF
09-18-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by nightop

You can also use slower release protein powders from www.proteinfactory.com such as the casienates instead of the common whey concentrates/isolates.

Milk would be a better choice like chicken said,

or how about N large mixed with skimmed milk?

nightop
09-18-2002, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by BUFF STUFF

Milk would be a better choice like chicken said,

or how about N large mixed with skimmed milk?

Casienate IS FROM milk (that's why I suggested it)

here is proteinfactory's description>

"Scientific Description
Caseinate Calcium is manufactured from fresh skim milk. It is readily dispersible, has a bland flavor, adds body and mouthfeel for milk-based drinks, and can be used in a variety of food, nutritional and pharmaceutical applications. Extremely high in the amino acid glutamine, higher than whey and soy isolate. Caseinate may help other proteins become more digestible to prolonging the time they spend in the intestinal tract."

I'm not exactly sure if you were disagreeing with me, so sorry if this is a misunderstanding, either way, this clears things up.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-19-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by nightop

Casienate IS FROM milk (that's why I suggested it)

Yeah, true.

But milk is cheaper calories.

DasTylZ
09-19-2002, 11:26 AM
N-Large

Vido
09-19-2002, 11:44 AM
I disagree with the recommendation of N Large. It's whey protein (which should be limited to post-workout if it can be), maltodextrin (sugar), and fructose (sugar). In fact, all MRP's contain far too much sugar and most are made with whey protein, except for the more expensive ones like Met-RX. If you have trouble gaining weight then a supplement like this may be fine, but for those with a normal-slow metabolism it is certainly not a good idea.
I'm sorry to break it to you Dominator, but whole food is the way to go. Tuna is extremely low in calories, so if you are about to gag on it, don't worry because it is not really a "mass-building" food anyway. You're getting tired of eating...suck it up. If you want to go to the gym to workout that's fine. If you want to lead a bodybuilding lifestyle then eating is a key component (moreso than the actual workouts themselves imo). Find more calorically dense foods that you like. This usually means they will contain fat (steak, ground beef, natty pb, almonds).