PDA

View Full Version : Hangover. Help.

El Kelio
06-11-2001, 12:52 PM
What's the main problem with hangovers ? ( Ok, i know that you shouldn't drink alcohol if you are in thistuttut )
But basically, in terms of protein absorbtion, recuperation, catabolic, etc. What's the big deal ?

Don't get me wrong, i try to avoid alcohol, but sometimes when you are in a party with your friends and some girls, one thing lead to another, and we finish drunk and having a good time.

Keep pumping !

ElPietro
06-11-2001, 02:29 PM
Well I drink my share of beers, and usually the share of a few others as well. Alcohol negates most of the benefits you've gained from working out. I used to know the science but I think alcohol tries to kill the brain cells that hold the information on why you shouldn't drink it. :D Basically, if I remember correctly it halts muscle grow, is a diuretic, puts big stress on your liver, kills brain cells and makes women horny. I know there are a few other effects but my memory is a bit foggy. Dark beers contain a good amount of anti-oxidants though so it's the lesser of two evils. One glass of wine with dinner aids in digestion and is healthy.

Yaz
06-11-2001, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by ElPietro
... makes women horny...

How does this hinder, muscle 'growth'? :D

Tryska
06-11-2001, 04:36 PM
I'm gonna have to disagree....

alcohol doesn't make women horny....it just makes them less inhibited. we get as needful as y'all do, we just mask it better.

:)

ElPietro
06-11-2001, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Tryska
I'm gonna have to disagree....

alcohol doesn't make women horny....it just makes them less inhibited. we get as needful as y'all do, we just mask it better.

:) = Horny :D j/k

Allie
06-11-2001, 07:18 PM
Right on there!

Women are much much better about self control

YatesNightBlade
06-12-2001, 01:50 AM
Alcohol Doesn't make woman horny .... it makes ugly woman shaggable .... these woman were horny anyway. ;)

In terms of bodybuilding Alcohol is bad news becasue it robs the body of vital vitimins and minerals. It also cause dehydration which in turn causes muscle breakdown. Best thing to do when drinking the fine stuff is to down a load of water and vits (in particular Vit C and the B's).

Tryska
06-12-2001, 06:55 AM
Oh No....that's terrible....:(

Ugly girls need love too.

YatesNightBlade
06-12-2001, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Tryska

Ugly girls need love too.

and plenty of make up.

heh im just messin ;)

Tryska
06-12-2001, 07:30 AM
*lol*

good point. and nicer personalities. when your pretty you can afford to be a b*tch. Or at least that's what my male friends say.

As that song goes..."if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, be sure to make an ugly woman your wife."

or something like that....

Alex.V
06-12-2001, 07:52 AM
I thought that quote meant that you wouldn't have to worry about Sinep trying to get in her pants.

YatesNightBlade
06-12-2001, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Belial
I thought that quote meant that you wouldn't have to worry about Sinep trying to get in her pants.

well all know that wouldn't stop him.

El Kelio
06-13-2001, 04:25 PM
Ok. Ok. This topic has had a 180 degree change. I believe that alcohol disinhibits everyone. But i would prefer to stay away from alcohol as much as i can.

Keep pumping !

SweatHawg
06-17-2001, 01:50 PM
My personal belief is that in moderation, I don't think it hurts at all. Years ago I dropped my beloved 100proof Vodka 'cause I was having such a hard time finding my truck the next morning & remembering what the hell I did after a certain point.
All I need are few cold beers & i'm good. No more hard booze--it hindered me as I felt like hammered sh!t the next morning & most of the day & my balls just aren't that big to hit the gym with a hangover.....:(

El Kelio
06-20-2001, 03:54 PM
My actual goal is to reduce my bodyfat, so i would try to avoid alcohol the next 3 months. But you may know, it's hard to say no to a good shot of Tequila :p

Remember, no guts, no glory.

Keep pumping !

ballast
06-20-2001, 10:47 PM
Someone once told me that if you take a couple of b-complex vitamins about an hour before drinking, it reduces the severity of a hangover.I followed his advice and it seemed to work.I don't know if this is scientifically proven but, ever since then I always take a couple of b-complexes before a hard night of drinking.It works for me.Maybe hangovers don't affect me as much because I'm Irish:)