PDA

View Full Version : Tap Water

Shocker
09-19-2002, 03:20 AM
I cant drink bottled water all of the time and consequently drink a lot of tap water.

is this bad considering the high volume of water consumed?

Stray
09-19-2002, 08:23 AM
Depends on what your city uses for tap water...and if you can stomach the taste.

I do remember tap water being linked to miscarriages in the first trimester for women.

Heres a site trying to sell water filters so take whatever it says with a grain of salt:
http://www.yournutrition.com/water-filters.html

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-19-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Stray
Depends on what your city uses for tap water...and if you can stomach the taste.

Dude, that is so true.

I live way up north in England (may as well be considered Scotland for the most part), and when i was down in London (well,..Kent, but close enough) i could easily taste a difference in water. Down there it was furry and sandy. Not nice.

TreeTrunks
09-19-2002, 10:29 AM
tap water if perfectly fine. People have been drinking for years and we don't have any extra limbs. Tap water is safe but the taste, well its ok depending on where you live. Just buy a brita or Pur water filter. They help.

Yeah in the states its the same way, Georgia water has a sulfur taste to it, back home hte water has a chlorine taste to it, and here at school it has a weird taste ive yet to be able to describe other than weird and diferent.

ericg
09-19-2002, 10:37 AM
Public water utilities are under more state and federal regulations than "spring" water companies are.

body
09-19-2002, 11:32 AM
house tap water is likely to be cleaner than bottled water. as you can chuck loads of chlorine in it.

minearl water and spring water are less regulated as if you tamper with them to much. you might as well just get plain tap water, so defeating the object of it.

as for taste of it. just add orange squash etc to it.

as for water quality. depends on the mineral content of the soil.
this will vary from region to region.

they are generally classified in hard water and soft water. with hard water making it hard to wash dished with.

nightop
09-19-2002, 12:20 PM
I get tap water out of one of the cleanest lake sources and is purified locally for our community, that is literally all I drink besides milk.

Shocker
09-19-2002, 07:37 PM
great, that makes me feel a lot better-
I was sort of wondering about the possibility of old pipes affecting the quality. Within the city itself, there are distinct differences in the taste of tap water and the age of the buildings is what I put it down to myself - however, this is just me being a philosopher.

Stray
09-19-2002, 07:53 PM
Do a search on chlorinated water and cancer and see what the web conjures up.

Shocker
09-19-2002, 07:56 PM
it all looks like speculation to me.
we can get cancer from just about anything it seems.
I am more worried about my brain-cooking mobile phone.

Jane
09-20-2002, 08:23 AM
You know what pisses me off?

The fact that in the middle of a growing global water crisis, Americans use the DRINKING quality water to wash their cars and sprinkle their lawns.

Stray
09-20-2002, 09:00 AM
...or water their precious lawn.

God forbid it look worse then the neighbors.

body
09-21-2002, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Stray
Do a search on chlorinated water and cancer and see what the web conjures up.

do a search of non-treated water in the 3rd world. I take my risks with cancer.

Reinier
09-21-2002, 06:46 AM
and flush the toilet, shower, all of that ****

Shao-LiN
09-21-2002, 09:02 AM
Buy a Brita and go to town =P.

terry31
06-17-2009, 02:21 AM
You know what pisses me off?

The fact that in the middle of a growing global water crisis, Americans use the DRINKING quality water to wash their cars and sprinkle their lawns.

Alternative energy sources are, I think,
and there is that direction which will deduce the world from crisis.
The epoch of oil and gas monopolies will end.

Southern Beast
06-17-2009, 03:00 AM
Alternative energy sources are, I think,
and there is that direction which will deduce the world from crisis.
The epoch of oil and gas monopolies will end.

I hate you.

Unreal
06-17-2009, 09:09 AM
I'm going to go turn my sprinklers on even though it just rained.

Drink whatever. It is safe. I have a softner and a RO system at home. I have the RO because I like the taste of RO water, not because it is safer or healthier.

Mr. Mustard
06-17-2009, 11:03 AM
I think you should import some tap water from Mexico. I hear that is the best water for you.