PDA

View Full Version : Diet and depression

DelveyBoy
09-19-2002, 01:50 PM
If im depressed,could this stop me from eating?I want to eat,and i force myself to eat,but it makes me ill if i do.Anyone know?

galileo
09-19-2002, 02:19 PM
Quit being depressed.

Darcy Tucker
09-19-2002, 02:32 PM
I say go to your doctor for sure. Don't be shy about it either because I've heard of that before.

MRJ
09-19-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by DelveyBoy
If im depressed,could this stop me from eating?I want to eat,and i force myself to eat,but it makes me ill if i do.Anyone know?

Yes.

Signs of depression also includeto name a few:

Loss of sleep
Anxiety
Loss of concentration
Hopelessness

Manveet
09-19-2002, 05:34 PM
Just to add in a little tid bit. As much as people like to believe that depression is either biochemical or psychological, it has alot to do with Sociology. Trust me, I just read all about it in my Sociology class.

09-19-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Manveet
Just to add in a little tid bit. As much as people like to believe that depression is either biochemical or psychological, it has alot to do with Sociology. Trust me, I just read all about it in my Sociology class.

Well duh obviously sociology plays a huge role in depression. You'd think someone who lost their job or lost a gf or something has a greater chance of depression.

nightop
09-19-2002, 09:15 PM
massive mood swings, changes in hunger/eating habits, and feelings of lethargy and depression are not at all uncommon for your age (for a number of reasons... hormonal changes, social aspects, etc...).... I know I had them for sure.

My suggestion would be to find something to focus on that you are good at or want to be good at... be it a sport, subject at school, training, shoot.... even card tricks (*can pay off when you are older :)*). Do you goto Church?

If you are having trouble eating due to depression, its ok... things go wrong.. everyone has rough periods, and if that means you can't follow your diet like you want to... oh well, don't beat yourself up for no reason. On the other hand, you can view it as a challenge and be determined to overcome it....

Talk to your parent(s)/grandparent(s). before you even think about going to a doctor...

Manveet
09-19-2002, 10:41 PM
like nightop said, join sports teams, go to church etc. Anything that gets you socially involved. Social solidarity is very important.

iLUDEd
09-20-2002, 08:20 AM
what are u depressed about?
its best that u overcome whatever it is so u can get back to how you used to be