PDA

View Full Version : weight gain goals

tallnskinny
09-19-2002, 05:39 PM
Im trying to set a realistic weight goal for December. Right now im sitting at around 190 , i was thinking of maybe reaching 205-210 by then, with opitimal conditions; good routine/diet, do i have a chance of reaching this goal ,whilst staying at a acceptible bF%? right now my body fat is 12-13% ( i still have abs).

thanks. :help:

Paul Stagg
09-20-2002, 06:31 AM
15 pounds in 3 months?

it's doable.

You'll have to get it all right, though.

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-20-2002, 10:48 AM
How long have you been training for?

At 16 i'd expect it's very possible, like Pauly said, but with those lifts i would have thought you must already be training for some time.

You may wanna pay quite strict attention to calories though and aim for 1-1.5lbs a week and when you think you're adding too much fat, drop the calories a bit.

tallnskinny
09-20-2002, 03:36 PM
I have been training since May 2001.My body seems to be pre-disposed to gaining strength instead of mass:mad: , although i started at 140 at the same hight, but the beginner gains are over .

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-20-2002, 04:54 PM
lol, dude, you've gained 50lbs in like 18 months.

And you still ain't happy?!

Hey, i changed my mind. I think you should aim for 10lbs by the end of December. Sure, you can gain 15lbs by the end of december easy, but you may gain more fat than you'd like.

Keep your calories in check so you gain 0.5-1lb a week.

Your strength already seems to be there, just keep getting in the quality calories and enough protein, (good) fats, and carbs and weigh yourself every week under the same conditions.

When you fail to add weight, add say, 100-200 kcals to your diet.

I worked out there's like 13.5 weeks until christmas day. That there is enough time to add 10lbs of muscle, i reckon. especially with you being such an age. You may add more. You may be suprised.

Just work hard, eat enough and don't over do it.

And good luck, young Sir.

tallnskinny
09-20-2002, 05:17 PM
Yes, your right i should be happy with my gains but im not , im not happy with where i am, i think i have body-dismorphia or somethin lol,seriously. my long-time goal is to be 220+ at 9% , until then i wont be satisfied..

thanks for the advice/encouragement.:)

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-20-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by tallnskinny
Yes, your right i should be happy with my gains but im not , im not happy with where i am, i think i have body-dismorphia or somethin lol,seriously. my long-time goal is to be 220+ at 9% , until then i wont be satisfied..

thanks for the advice/encouragement.:)

Everyone on this board has some sort of goal that they feel they just can't reach. I doubt anyone can stand in front of a mirror and think "Yes, this is how i want to look." If they did i doubt they'd be visiting a lifting/diet forum looking for knowledge.

It's good in the sense that it makes you keep your drive, but it can be bad on the days where you're vulnerable and feeling bad as it is, and the unreachable goal puts you into a state of almost depression.

Generally, women feel fatter and men feel smaller and weaker. Although obviously, these can switch.

tallnskinny
09-20-2002, 05:39 PM
Yea, i agree with all u said. This feeling of .."inadequatecy"? is like a part of me now, it is what gave me the drive to workout and stick with it. but it has a down side as u mentioned. ..i mean i havent worn a t-shirt in like a year, nor have i gone swimming in 2 years, it all ties in with the way i feel. my arms/chest/shoulders or whatever arent big etc , in my eyes..im sub-par ..

The_Chicken_Daddy
09-20-2002, 05:57 PM
Yeah man.

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
Just work hard, eat enough and don't over do it.

Good luck :)