PDA

View Full Version : Milk with you meals

Moose
09-20-2002, 11:58 AM
I can't recall the thread, or the poster, but I read somewhere on this site that you shouldn't "drink milk to wash down your meals". Is this true? If so, can you explain why? I drink milk with just about every meal.

Also, I add milk to my scrambled eggs.........I assume that the heat does not damage the nutritional value of milk.......correct?

entrrt
09-20-2002, 12:54 PM
some might argue that the sugar content(~12 g/serv.) might start to add up after all those meals w/ milk. though i too have often wondered why not drink more milk during the day w/ meals. it DOES provide ~9 g protein/serv.(slow releasing..albeit).

Shao-LiN
09-20-2002, 01:12 PM
I assume that the heat does not damage the nutritional value of milk

Some of it might evaporate I'd imagine. Not too much, but some.

duque21
09-20-2002, 03:35 PM
Nah, milk is great, it might slow down diggestion, so if that is a concern you might want to look into that. But i dont see why that wouldbe a concern. It gonna make you fart a lot, so warn those around you.

Victor
09-21-2002, 08:10 PM
What I like about milk is that in every 8 oz there's about 10 grams of protein. Not to mention it's low in fat (depending what brand obviously) and tastes great. So if let's say my protein intake for a particular meal is not high enough, I just need to add milk to it and the ratio will be just fine.

ddrew
09-21-2002, 10:48 PM
Keep drinking the milk unless your trying to cut than you might want to limit your intake a little. also 2% or skim is what you want